Miles Morales

So I haven't paid much attention to Miles since 2013 or so, before he went into the mainstream universe at least.

I was probably going to keep ignoring him until I saw a panel that implied he doesn't remember coming from another Universe. What I don't get get about it is, if he doesn't remember his old universe, why is he still a superhero? How does he remember the events that lead to his current existance?

Miles' origin goes something like this:
Miles get bitten by duplicate of Peter Parker's spider, which he came into contact with thanks to his uncle, an evil version of the Prowler. Peter Parker (who is of similar age to Miles) is unmasked and brutally murdered by a monster version of the Green Goblin. Miles decides to become Spider-Man to honor Peter.

Now how does he make sense of his current position as Spider-Man if none of that could have happened in his current universe? The spider was an unknown freak accident, so there weren't any intentional duplicates. The Prowler is not his uncle and not evil. Peter Parker is signifigantly older and hasn't been killed in public like that. The Green Golin is just a guy in a suit. How does he make sense of any of that?

>thinking about marvel this hard
>thinking about continuity this hard

Just read series for what they are and don't connect them to every bit of other material.

I imagine it's the same as with Supergirl and Flash being dead after CoIE. He knows it all happened but when he tries to remember it it's fuzzy.

Bendis said he remembers on his tumblr.

The panel you are remembering is from Gwenpool. The author probably didn't know what was going on or had Miles lying/pretending not to know.

But he remembers according to Bendis. He even acts weird around the mention of alternate worlds being mentioned.
Bendis just doesn't bring it up much or do anything with it because he is a shitty writer. He would rather write about Miles complaining about people calling him the "Black Spider-Man" instead of just Spider-Man (even though Peter is not dead).

Which is sad because Miles has an interesting concept for a story. His whole world is dead. He watched his mom die and now she's alive again in the kitchen. He dad ran away and is now back. Peter Parker is alive but it's not his Peter (not even the same age). This is some Rick and Morty stuff right here. Miles would be traumatized. This would be awesome set-up.

But hey, who cares about that. Let's just have a long shitty pointless crossover with Spider-Gwen....

>He would rather write about Miles complaining about people calling him the "Black Spider-Man" instead of just Spider-Man (even though Peter is not dead).

Uh yeah, about that, why is he "Spider-Man" if there's another guy running around with that name?

Because Bendis has not given up on his insane quest to kill off Peter and make Miles the only Spider-Man. It's his white whale.

>What I don't get get about it is, if he doesn't remember his old universe, why is he still a superhero? How does he remember the events that lead to his current existance?

While it's retarded, it actually makes the best of a bad situation.

>Miles is like 16
>everybody he knows is dead
>his universe is dead

That's a shitty way to treat any character.

Until it's in a panel, it's non-canon, and again - shitty way to treat a character. Even a super-kid should be fucking catatonic after losing his entire universe. There's no end of real mental health problems that would cause, not to mention the constant feeling that everyone you meet is, legitimately, an imposter pretending to be someone real to you.

I thought that was Jessica Drew's fat ass?

Why are they calling him the "black" spider-man isn't his identity a secret?

Is it because his suits black and red color scheme?

People can tell, there is more to race than skin color

It's the smell, and the ebonics
WE WUZ SPIDER MANGS

His suit got torn during a fight and a tumblr expie got a video of it and made a youtube video about OMG IT'S LIKE SO GREAT THAT WE FINALLY HAVE A BLACK SPIDER-MAN! Which pissed Miles off because "why does she fucking care?" It was Bendis taking shots at the tumblr SJW crowd for once.

She's basically his J. Jonah Jameson, except instead of hating Spider-man because he's a menace, she loves Spider-man because he's brown.

She wants that black Spider dick

Why are there so many Flashes?
There have also been multiple characters using the alias Spider-Girl/Woman at the same time in the 616.

I shit you not, this is the reasoning he gave us.

>Peter and Miles were fighting a shit ton of robots.

>Peter forget Spider-Men, so this is his first interaction with Miles as far as he knows.

>"Huh, so you have spider powers too, huh?"

>"Yeah, hey, I was wondering. Could I use the Spider-Man name?"

>"Well, you're the first to actually ask, so go ahead."

Keep in mind, this is the same Peter who constantly shat on Frog-Man and Spider-Kid (and I'm pretty sure there was a third one I'm not remembering) because it was too dangerous. Despite them having more noble reasons to be trained by him than Miles.

Currently yeah, and I personally think it's stupid. But before the Flash's existed in other realities. Kid-Flash was with Flash, but kid was in front of his name till Barry died.

Dying was the greatest thing Barry Allen ever did.

>on the Justice League
>not granted the rank of Master

Master Flash would have been a kickass name.

In fact, if they're gonna keep Wallace as Kid-Flash, they should totally make Wally Master Flash.

Too soon.

> rick and morty stuff

WOW SO DEEP AMIRITE? RICK AND MORTY IS SOOO AWESOME!!!

HEY *BURP* MORTY *BURP* EVERYONE DIES MORTY *BURP* WE'RE ALL *BURP* IRRELEVANT MORTY *BURP* SHALL WE *BURP* GO ON A *BURP* SUPER DANGEROUS *BURP* AND IMMORAL ADVENTURE MORTY? *BURP*
KIll yourself if you enjoy this trash.

Miles is shit
End of story

>He would rather write about Miles complaining about people calling him the "Black Spider-Man" instead of just Spider-Man (even though Peter is not dead).
That's not too bad of an idea but Bendis isn't competent enough to make it go anywhere meaningful. It would be a decent storyline to have Miles come to terms with being A Spider-Man since he was THE Spider-Man after Peter died.

I work at an elementary school, there are some Spiderman toys we let the kids play with. All of them call Miles "Black Spider-Man" and all of them prefer Peter.

What made it better was Tumblr actually got triggered over that but actual black and Hispanic people saw where Miles was coming from but there were ignored.

>It would be a decent storyline to have Miles come to terms with being A Spider-Man since he was THE Spider-Man after Peter died.

Bendis would first have to come to terms with Miles always being A Spider-Man.

Out of pure curiosity. Do black kids tend to enjoy the Miles Morales figure or the Peter Parker figure?

>Bendis said he remembers on his tumblr.
Then why doesn't he state it in the comic instead of confirming it somewhere else? Fucking Bendis.

Atcually it was punisher who killed spiderman. Peter used his body to save captain America from being shoot.

Because he wants Miles to be known as /the/ Spider-Man.

Having Miles deal with PTSD due to his experience would be probably the first interesting storyline the character would have. And if that were the case, he'd be remembered for it. Meaning that Miles would be associated as "The Spider-Man who hopped realities", instead of being known as "THE Spider-Man".

Punisher just severely wounded him and put him in the position where Green Goblin was able to kill him.

Had Peter not had to fight the Sinister Six, then getting shot by Punisher wouldn't have killed him since he could have gone to get patched up instead of having to immediately fight someone that even at his best he struggles with.

It doesn't matter anyway it turns out spidermans an immortal

Not immortal enough to survive your universe getting destroyed.

He and Norman are still out there floating in a void where a universe use to be. Waiting for the day they are pulled into a reality maybe by a wizard.

I want Miles to publicly give the blogger a dressing down only for her to call him an Uncle Tom.

My little brother doesn't seem to care for him but his knowledge of Miles comes from that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, he prefers Peter but thinks Miles costume is kind of cool.

>maybe by a wizard
Calling it now, it'll be Judas Traveler.

You experience no joy in life.

elementary aged blacks are busy fucking adult aged white women and selling crack

Miles was a good character with a good story before the Ultimate Universe and 616 merger. I basically grew up with Ultimate Peter Parker since I didn't have the time to catch up with whatever was going on in 616 at the time (I was just a kid). Ultimate Spider-Man was the greatest. I was so pissed when Death of Spider-Man was announced. I swore that I was going to drop the book if it wasn't a fake-out. When I read the last issue of the Death of Spider-Man arc and the new guy didn't annoy the shit out of me, I gave the first issue of Miles's book a read. I liked it -- not nearly as much as I liked the Peter Parker Ultimate Comics, but I still liked it. Miles wasn't worthy of being Spider-Man, but he was trying to be. (Also, it helped that he didn't go around acting like some black stereotype. I would have hated that.) I enjoyed the Miles Morales Ultimate comics and the story that they were telling was slowly getting somewhere. I especially loved getting Ultimate Peter back for a while near the last arc before the merger.

Then the 616 merger happened and fucked everything up. The whole purpose for his existence became null and void. Additionally, Miles got his mother back and lost Ultimate Gwen, MJ, Aunt May, and the entire team of Young Ultimates that gave him some needed character development. Now he's just the black Spider-Man among several other spider-themed heroes. I still like him as a character, but I dropped his 616 book after the 3rd issue.

And this
This was the most annoying shit ever after all of the emotional moments that happened in the Ultimate Comics surrounding Miles taking on the role of Spider-Man. Fuck that.

All of them prefer Peter aka traditional red and blue, though to be fair I'm not sure if they know its a different person underneath.

On the other hand kids fight over Peter, if I offer Miles they want nothing to with him.

>Miles was a good character with a good story
Bendis go away, shoo shoo

Here, "Good" just means middle of the road. Not amazing but not total shit either. If I were Bendis, I would have fought harder to keep Miles in his own universe.

Not him but Miles up until the end of the Prowler arc, his Venom arc, and the subsequent Roxxon arc were pretty decent comics.

In between and afterwards was just a lot of people trying to fuck with the Ultimate books and fucking up Miles in the process because he was the only one that sold anymore.

>implying Bendis would admit that his writing has deteriorated

That would imply he's able to learn from his mistakes.

He has made no attempt to do so for over a decade

This makes sense. It may change though if the Miles Morales animated movie is popular with the kids. But a lot of kids probably don't even know who his is and are more familiar with the Peter Parker version.

Strange. If I was kid at that age I woulda picked Miles since I was an edgy shit who thought black and red were the coolest colors.

You put more thought into this than Marvel.

it's going to be Onslaugh again, because he's already pulled that shit once and that's how comics work now

give it two or three years

why are there 2 captain americas? why are there two hulks? why are there 2 hawkeyes?