So I overheard a rumor that the Venom movie would take place in the Raimi Spider-Man continuity...

So I overheard a rumor that the Venom movie would take place in the Raimi Spider-Man continuity, hense why it's out of the MCU canon.

And then they announced the Silver Sable/Black Cat solo.

If the rumors are true, could it be that Sony is slowly trying to fade out Homecoming and bring back Raimi Spider-Man?

And if this /is/ the case, how would you feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

filmschoolrejects.com/fan-theory-friday-venom-life-b1893b2e5fd8
planethenderson.com/storyboards/#/spiderman4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd be glad. Homecoming Spider-man seems painfully uninteresting.

It would be bitter sweet for me.

Great, because I hate highschool Peter and find adult Peter a much more interesting character.

Bad because the studio might ruin it by getting their greedy hands on the project, or taking Raimi off of it.

Now, if we were to get Sony to have a hands off approach it would be amazing!

God tier if they let Peter crack jokes like he did in the game spin offs.

Fucking awful

Since there's absolutely no guarantee neither Raimi nor Maguire would be involved. I mean christ, Tobey would probably be pushing his mid 40s by the time the sequel to homecoming has been out and then probably over a year to sort production of a new Spider-man movie which is independent of the MCU out

It would be the same poor decisions that plagued Spider-man 3 and ASM1&2

pretty much this

so Sony will definitely do it

>Tobey would probably be pushing his mid 40s by the time the sequel to homecoming has been out and then probably over a year to sort production of a new Spider-man movie which is independent of the MCU out

You say that like having an older Peter is a bad thing. But, yeah, Sony screwing things over would be my main concern.

Also, if I may add, if age becomes too much of an issue recasting is always a thing. Make a last hora movie with Tobey set in the future then get a new actor. Aren't they doing that same thing with Logan?

>You say that like having an older Peter is a bad thing.
Of course it's not a bad thing, I personally prefer an adult Peter, but there's always the likelihood that an actor in hid mid 40s probably doesn't want to play a superhero again and put up with the physicality the role demands

And if they just recast him, it begs the point of why even use the Raimiverse and not just start from the ground-up again? If they're drawing on the Raimi films to score nostalgia points, it'd be very very dumb to do the film if they didn't even had Tobey in it

They could do Spider-Girl. I mean if Pascal is that desperate for a female led film series, Blackcat and Silver Sable aren't the way to go.

Nostalgia points to get the fans in

Already having an established universe helps them, especially if they want to make their own cinematic universe.

Also, just because Tobey would be off, doesn't mean Raimi would be.

Raimi returning would be the selling point for me pretty much. If he's not involved in anyway it would be an instant drop.

It's also worth noting that during that Sony email leak they did talk about their interests in bringing back the Raimi series.

Of course Sam Raimi would be a big selling point for you, you're well versed in the directors and people involved in production of these movies

Average joe blogs doesn't remember the Maguire films as "Sam Raimi's Spider-man" however, at least his name isn't tied up so strongly with the movies in the same way Chris Nolan's is with his Batman. If they don't have Maguire, the public won't have any indicating that it's continuing on from those films, except maybe if they bring Dunst back as MJ

It would all rely on Maguire coming back in my opinion, and I'm sure Sony would feel the same way

All the same crappy execs are involved, so it'd be a sequel-baity mess like ASM 1 and 2.

Should do a Crisis like merge with the Raimiverse and Amazingverse.

Garfield as Peter
Stone as Gwen
Dunst as Mary Jane
DeHaan as Harry
Dafoe as Norman
Simmons as Jameson
Zylka as Flash
Banks as Brant
Molina as Ock
Recast Aunt May, Felicia Hardy, and Eddie Brock

Raimi's movies were much better than the TASM and its sequel, and I think much, much better than Iron Man 6 featuring peter parker will be.

If this is true, and they're going back to a continuity starting after Spiderman 2, I think this has the potential to be the smartest decision Sony has made in years. Hell, bring back Maguire even. Rewatching the Spiderman movies has only warmed me to their charm, while all the other superhero movies that come out seem to worsen every time you see them again.

Honestly, at this point Sony should just stick to animated Spider-Man films. Adding more live-action films to the bunch is only going to fuck over Disney/Marvel.

>If this is true, and they're going back to a continuity starting after Spider-Man 2

Nah, it would definitely be set after Spider-Man 3. Which could still be redeemed. Just look at the fan film "The Truth Of Journalism". It's a lost footage horror film set after Spider-Man 3 about Venom. It's pretty tight, by the same people who did Dirty Laundry.

Either this or just returning to the Amazing continuity would be okay with me. Andrew was the most underrated Spider-Man we've got and he deserves a good script.

>Adding more live-action films to the bunch is only going to fuck over Disney/Marvel.

They're on their way to dying out anyway, which is probably what Sony is thinking if this ends up being true. Normies have a short attention spam. It could have lasted a long time if it was just Iron Man or Cap. But making all the movies so intertwined? Eventually it'll become overwhelming. Normies won't know how to start, they'll get annoyed whenever a sequel is announced, and missing one movie could really confuse them. Their fall is inevitable.

With sequels you have to space them out. three to four year intervals at the very least.

Now, Marvel could always reboot the franchise via Scarlet Witch or Infinity Gems, which would fix a lot of their problems. And if they do that then I don't see the big deal, because you could easily put Raimi Spidey in the new timeline.

It's standalone.
There's the animated Miles film, Venom, and Black Cat/Silver Sable. I hope they have their own version of Spiderman.

I enjoyed Andrew, but Tobey could also be a GOAT Spidey if they give him more jokes.

Maguire ain't done shit since his Spidey days, he'd probably be glad of the cash.

I'm a sucker for a complete ending to a series so i'd be up for this.

I unironically enjoy Spiderman 3 for its entertainment value. I watched it not too long ago, but most people would be wary about anything that was going to be 'in the same vein as spiderman 3' especially because of Venom being ruined to some degree by Topher Grace's screentime. I'd be okay with more of the same with a Spiderman 4 but i cant say the same of most people i know of

Nope. He tried and sounded like a whiny tryhard. It was natural with Andrew. His quips worked and weren't unfunny junk like what they put in the MCU.

I like these two ideas
Post-3, do a nostalgia bait like Logan. Doesn't matter if it doesn't take off (I'm sure it would though), Sony's making money from Homecoming anyway

I'd say that, regardless of any potential connection to the Raimiverse, Sony is a pack of morons who have learned nothing from the failure of the Amazing Spider-Man movies, and that they felt like backstabbing Disney for no good reason.

Considering that Sony is bleeding money right now and that people are only really excited for the new Spidey movies because of the collaboration with Marvel (which was fucking dynamite in Civil War), their future solo Spidey projects seem doomed to fail miserably and possibly drag the whole damned studio down with them.

>So I overheard a rumor
Let me just stop you right there

See now, let's start with the first question of "Will either of these stated movies actually happen"

Picture this
>older Peter, maybe now he's semi famous as a hero or owns his own company
>Venom shit happens, whatever who gives a shit
>end of the movie, reveal Spider Gwen, Holland Spidey and Miles
>welcome to the fucking spiderverse bitches

that'd be how they can salvage this shit show

Get Garfield.

>So I overheard a rumor that the Venom movie would take place in the Raimi Spider-Man continuity
Is Sup Forums usually this retarded?

>or owns his own company

Droppes. CEO Peter is the worse and I don't see why people think it's natural. Peter seems wholesome, he'd probably end up as a professor.

>So I overheard a rumor that the Venom movie would take place in the Raimi Spider-Man continuity
I don't see a reason to do this. I loved the Raimi era, but it's well past the point where it needs to be brought back.

Well people are seriously responding to this so, yeah

it's more fun to discuss under the assumption it could happen. Sony's just crazy enough to do almost anything so its not like it's impossible. I remember there was a floated idea of a Tobey Maguire Vs. Andrew Garfield spiderman movie before the Disney deal, as well as the Aunt May origin story script we got from the leaks.

Why not talk about it? It's not like I actually believe it's going to happen, but we might as well argue about what would be cool or not if it ever happened

No wonder other boards tend to make fun of Sup Forums.

>I remember there was a floated idea of a Tobey Maguire Vs. Andrew Garfield spiderman movie before the Disney deal
Fucking retarded. I'm happy Sup Forums will never be involved with movies.

They should bring back Molina, Haden Church, Foxx and Keaton for Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six, add Bruce Campbell as Mysterio and someone else as Kraven.

Then just don't bother explaining how, if at all, those other movies fit into continuity.

Everyone already saw all those movies so we really don't need six more fucking movies to "build up" the characters when we know they'll reboot yet again before then.

Just say "Yeah Spider-Man fought these guys sometime before this movie takes place, that's all you need to know, you fuckers all know what the deal is already".

Imagine if every time a creative team on a comic changed they had to restart the whole series back at the beginning. That's how retarded all this reboot shit is.

Since OP did not provide a source. Here is what he's talking about

>filmschoolrejects.com/fan-theory-friday-venom-life-b1893b2e5fd8

A long shot, but it's worth discussing. Especially because of that leaked email where they talked about getting Tobey back.

user, that wasn't Sup Forums, that was Sony themselves.

Tobey was all around awful anyway. Good riddance.

So Venom will come out at the same time as Gambit, Black Cat will come out the same time as Avatar 2, and Silver Sable will debut alongside Hellboy 3. Sony's got a competitive lineup.

Garfield also sounded like a tryhard so no

>Bruce Campbell as Mysterio
>hearing Bruce talking shit to Spidey and saying dumb Mysterio shit

All of my boners

>All his illusions are call backs to past Raimi films.

>Final climax is in the cabin from Evil Dead with a Mysterio powered by the Necronomicon.

I would CUM buckets if this rumor were true. One step closer to Spiderverse the movie. We can get a team up of Garfield, Maguire and Holland. HNNG.

>Fucking retarded. I'm happy Sup Forums will never be involved with movies.
No no no, you dont understand, SONY was planning it.

Potential 4 billion dollars.

>tfw we can never ever see a good Spidey movie

Wait, so are we getting the old actors or is Spider Man 3 retconned with Eddie and Felicia?

And then, they thought that the film would be so successful, Marvel would pay FIVE BILLION DOLLARS to get the rights to Spidey back.

At least at first to establish that it is set in the old continuity. Then Tobey would want to retire, they'd do a Reign adaptation (without radioactive spider semen for obvious reasons) and we'd get a new actor picking up where the series left off.

I get where your coming from, but I highly suspect if Sony did something like that they would easily fuck up

>Tobey Maguire Vs. Andrew Garfield spiderman movie
That's from a very likely fake leak that didn't come out with the original set of leaks and seems to have been originally posted on reddit.

I feel that you're either full of shit, or extremely gullible

It was posted here.

>What could have been
I'm still mad

Do you have all of them? I've only seen the one with Mysterio and this.

I just want a Spider-Man 2099 film but not at the cost of other Spider-Man movies being crappy

I want Tobey back as an old Spider-Man for just one more film

Here's a link to the Spider-man 4 storyboards: planethenderson.com/storyboards/#/spiderman4/

>We reached out to Henderson to ask about the boards and he explained that the idea was floated of Mysterio being Bruce Campbell’s cameo. It would’ve been part of a beginning of the film montage featuring “a montage of C and D- list villains that we knew would never be used as main antagonists: Mysterio, the Shocker, the Prowler, the old school-onesie-wearing version of the Rhino, maybe even the Stilt Man, etc.”

As for Vulture, he would’ve been the main villain and apparently Raimi had some really new and exciting ideas for the character. “The thing we kept coming back to was that, as a character, everyone was going to dismiss the Vulture as just an old guy in a silly green suit,” Henderson said. “So we wanted to go the opposite way and really make him the most fearsome and formidable adversary that Spider-Man had faced in the series.”

Tobey is still in good shape, the problem is if he would want to do it.

You're never getting garfield back because of what he did to Sony Execs back in Japan, he did a major no-no.

THEN SOMEONE ASK THE MAN

What did he do?

He disrespected the big nips and didn't show up and do the usual stuff actors do with companies behind the scenes stuff.

Japanese take that kind of disrespect badly, let alone all the other stuff going on during production of the second tasm movie, and that is why they didn't continue with him after two.

The funny thing is, he's been saying time and time again that he'd be down to come back.

If Sony really wants to do Spider-man on their own, this is frankly the only solution that keeps their stocks from plummeting into oblivion.

Have their cake an eat it too.

But this all relies on the fact that Life is secretly a prequel to the Venom movie.

assumption***

Shrek off, fag

>MCU introduces alternate dimensions
>Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield show up in one of Tom Holland's movies as Spider-Man Noir and Scarlet Spider, respectively
Even if the movie sucks that shit would be so fucking rad

>But this all relies on the fact that Life is secretly a prequel to the Venom movie.

Two people said they saw the screening and said it wasn't.

The "spider-verse" is absolute cancer and i definitely don't want it to infect the movies too

The only non-Peter spiderpeople should be the clones, the future ones and Mayday

>Venom movie would take place in the Raimi Spider-Man continuity
I dont think this would work because its a different time
I dont think the current audience would like another 30 minutes of uncle ben flashbacks reading mein kampf

>I mean christ, Tobey would probably be pushing his mid 40s

Honestly it would be kinda funny if they were like fuck Marve andl bring back Tobbers and just pick up where they left off. I would kinda enjoy two spodermons

>basic bitch boy tobey
>pulling off a character like spider-noire
I'm not seeing it. that's like casting justin bieber as nick fury

>Tobey would probably be pushing his mid 40s by the time the sequel to homecoming has been out
PARKER

>If the rumors are true, could it be that Sony is slowly trying to fade out Homecoming and bring back Raimi Spider-Man?
I hope so, MCU is shit.

Th4ese movies wont' actually be made. They're being annoucned with no director or casts or scripts because Sony wants someone to buy up its movie division. These two films make it look like, on paper, Sony is going to have a billion dollars in revenue coming in in 2019 and two possible franchises.

GET GARFIELD BACK

Raimi Spidey was barely spidey

this makes way way wayyyyy more sense

>Dunst as Mary Jane
no
otherwise, yes

i'd prefer this
WRONG
I like Tobey as an actor and as a guy, but he was a shitty Spidey and a shitty Peter

There are plenty of elseworld story lines involving Adult Peter that could be modified for a Sony movie.

Example:
>Years after Raimi's trilogy, in the year 202X, Peter Parker and MJ are married with a teenage daughter who inherited his gifts. After a terrible attack on Parker Industries (by Alchemax) that leaves Mary Jane hospitalized and Peter frantically trying to defend his company from being framed and assaulted by a new generation of Superhumans, it's up to Mayday Parker to take up the mantle of Spiderman and restore order to a turbulent city.

It would be very hard to screw up a sequel to the Raimi series with an adult Peter.

>It would be very hard to screw up a sequel to the Raimi series with an adult Peter.
Sony will find a way. After all, out of all the studios, Sony Pictures is the ONLY one that is in actual trouble. Both Warner and Fox are doing fine.

This

And also people shouldn't forget that Sony still fucked up Spider-man 3, despite it having Raimi directing

This is a potential mess
Its like having two spiderman reboots

I'm barely on board with Spiornman and his brownskin gang

Not looking good

Why does everyone on this page look like demons about to eat souls?

You clearly don't get the reference.

>Mysterio alters his appearance with each illusion slightly.

>Evil Dead Mysterio is a zombie

>Army of Darkness Mysterio has a Chainsaw hand

>Darkman Mysterio has a trench coat

>Hercules Mysterio has a sword.

The Raimi one has less shitskin sidekicks right?

I'm ultimately indifferent

i recently rewatched the rami films and they didn't age well to me

They seemed better when I watched them again. I remembered hating them as a kid too.

Sony is trying to outjew Marvel, may the best Goldenberg & Silverstein law firm win.

Youre probably right, and Disney may actually buy It only for the IPs

WRONG