Anyone here enjoy the blue electricity?

Anyone here enjoy the blue electricity?

These speedster effects look amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oN9mQXIe4QA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not to split hairs - I do like the effect, but I am curious to how it would look with yellow/gold lightning, since the effect's several leagues better than the CW

Someone did an edit.

youtube.com/watch?v=oN9mQXIe4QA

I'm not particularly impressed.

With the color or the effects?

100 times better.

It looks nice but the movie has seems to have a cold aesthetic (so far) and it would have been cool to have him bursting with golden warmth and exploding across the screen.

They made it blue so they can redshift it more orangey in a dramatic go-fast moment.

With the effects in general.

Except it won't happen because the entire movie will be made to look darker with cooler colors. And having The Flash yellowing it up the place will cause the movie to be comprised of shit

What exactly is bad about the effects?

Wouldn't going faster cause a blueshift rather than redshift though?

>expecting positive responses on Sup Forums - Mickey Mouse Fanclub
D*sney interns are working this board 24/7 to astroturf every opinion that might be unfavorable toward the Mouse's agenda. Don't bother trying to discuss DC films here.

It looks like shit and the actor is a Jew nu male twink
Miscast and out of place for the chad kino

>don't bother discussing any film herr
fix that for you

Ill wait to see if Barry can top Quicksilver in Xmen which was legitimately the best part of that flick

Is nu male just a generic catch-all now? Because Ezra Miller is very clearly a "Chad".

Not really.

Its like the colors orange and blue, Bay explosions, and the VWUUUUUM noise.

Its lost its charm and is getting more and more dull.

That looks gorgeous.

He's not even close to a semi chad

So disappointing

You'd think he could at least have been a blond white chad barry since they race bend aquaman

>Wouldn't going faster cause a blueshift rather than redshift though?

>wanting a "chad" Barry
retard

Yellow lightning looks so much better.

I feel like the little we've seen of Barry is already better.

I think the effects look fantastic, but I still don't like the color. We know they're using Reverse Flash for the Flash movie, so what color is his electricity going to be? It ruins the reverse color scheming.

Like in the CW Supergirl show, Supergirl's heat vision is blue instead of red. That's fine on its own, but then Bizarro Supergirl showed up with her freeze vision, and it was also blue. There was no visual contrast between them, and that's bad design.

Are you autistic like their version of Barry?

I love it. I like the contrast with the red and the blue.
But I admit I'd prefer yellow lightning. It was yellow in BvS though, so who knows.

That looks damn good.

It's alright. I don't really care about the lightning's color, it can be blue, yellow, red.

Are all Sup Forumsfags closet homos? i bet you all "kinosseurs" masturbate to all those pictures of Zack Snyder lifting shit.

Easy enought to push in a bullshit line in Flash's solo movie about how he has "finally able to fully access the speedforce therefore his lightning is now yellow" or something.

I really do want to see yellow boots on him.

100% confident that everyone is just circle jerking for yellow lightning. This doesn't look that much more impressive if at all.

I'm not a fan of it for a few reasons.

>the color
The main reason that blue doesn't work is because it undermines the yellow highlights on his suit (the wings and the belt).

There's also the fact that yellow lightning would stand out so much better on screen. In the most recent trailer, I remember one scene where the flash is running in a wide shot at night, and his the whole scene is just blue, and the lightning is just a brighter shade. Imagine is that were yellow.

But I can understand why they made it blue. Most lightning I've seen where you can make out the colors is blue. But when you have a superhero like the flash, you don't want to confine their otherworldly powers to real life. It only hinders them, really.

>the effects
I can understand the color, but I hate the way that the lightning bounces and sparks off of everything around it. It seems like needless destruction and doesn't fit with a superhero who would want to SAVE people. It also limits the stuff you can do with the Flash's speed. He can't pretend to be in two places, he can't subtly sneak past a villain, he can't use his super speed as Barry Allen or else everybody knows that the Flash was just there, and he can't really rescue anyone without risking burning them.

>that weird delay
Maybe this was inaccurate, but the lightning seems to only be created around Barry a bit after he uses his speed.

But then again, who am I to argue with comic book science invented justify defying physics

Barry was a 1950s nerd (which I guess was a "Square")

Seeing as he was at work reading comics, that seems pretty dorky to me

They probably go overboard in the movie making him a way bigger nerd but its not a totally made up character trait for him.

Im more annoyed with his hair than anything else. His costume is clearly meant to be a patchwork thing he threw together and not the final "classic" costume he will probably end up with.

It's really excessive. The lightning going everywhere and breaking shit for something as small as him leaning to the side a bit is retarded, and yellow lightning would be a welcome splash of warm color in the otherwise dull, cold gray of Snyder's DC movies.

Infinitely better.

>Im more annoyed with his hair than anything else

Is there a shortage of blond actors or something?

It needs to be yellow. Yeah I know its a nitpick but fuck you, I know complimentary colors, and Im sick of the blue filter Snyder uses in his movies. Its bad enough they dulled down his red costume, toned down the yellow/white highlights, and made it needlessly overdesigned what with the wires. Not to mention warm colors are more energetic. Fuck you, it should have been yellow

I'd like to see edits of all of those trailers with yellow.

just wait until Eobard shows up and he has green lightning or someshit

Alright, if Barry is Red/Black/Blue-White
Then Prof. Zoom will be Yellow/White/Black

You know why its blue? Because yellow clashes with Zacks filter, and hes a fucking idiot

Erza fans are the homos and liberal leftist

So the real reason we got Cyborg and not Black Lightning is so no one would get confused

I don't think the colors are that bad.

i personally do not mind at all, what they DO with his speed is what i'm most concerned about!

>warm colors are more energetic
/thread

I don't like how invasive and messy it is. I could hardly see what he was doing in the trailer.

Reminded me of Doomsday's energy explosions, for the wrong reasons.

>It also limits the stuff you can do with the Flash's speed. He can't pretend to be in two places, he can't subtly sneak past a villain, he can't use his super speed as Barry Allen or else everybody knows that the Flash was just there, and he can't really rescue anyone without risking burning them.
The lightning happening at all would seem to make all that impossible and yet I don't see this complaint for the show or comics. Lightning is flying off him every which way in the show/comics as well but he still does that stuff.
Like, you see Flash carrying people in comics even with lightning coming off him. Just say that the speedforce isn't harmful to people he's carrying.

If you haven't noticed Snyder is fucking obsessed with that color. Every single one of his movies is tinted Cyan.

>Flash has blue lightning like the Reverse-Flash
>Batman kills people
>Superman is now wearing a black and silver suit

Guys. What if this is a Justice Lords timeline?
What if... This is all planned

In the trailer scene with Bruce in his room it looks like the lightning is frying some of the electronics in the background, is what I think he's getting at. Usually Flash's lightning doesn't interact with anything.

max landis said that should be the pitch

Well if LANDIS said it, then someone must have stolen that idea
It's practically confirmed now

cant wait to see who they cast for the real JLA

>blue lightning like the Reverse-Flash
What Reverse-Flash are you talking about?

He means Zoom from the TV show, I think.

And yet hes directing this film and you're not.

I would honestly rather have some angry guy on the internet direct DC's movies than Zack "The Hack" Snyder.

It depends entirely on whether he's moving toward or away from the viewers.

It's white lightning and it's yet another thing Barry has stolen from Wally. Dude hasn't been back even a year with it, fucking shameful

The yellow lightning provides a better overall ambiance to the scene.

thanks for confirming the fact that you are indeed a retard

>a dozen posts before company wars
I guess Sup Forums is doing a little better these days.

let's be honest, picking a random guy off the street or the Internet would probably get you a better director

Not retarded. Just desperate for the DCEU to finally have a good movie.

I'¨m not a purist, so I'm fine with it. And Zach's come up with some good looking visuals for Flash, so the change doesn't bother even slightly.

The edit looks like a poorly made TV series.

Probably its Zacks shit filter fault,

>i bet you all "kinosseurs" masturbate to all those pictures of Zack Snyder lifting shit.

No touching is necessary, we simply cum just by seeing the pictures of him lifting.

no i fucking hate it i might like the movie but im going to not like that

It's looking a little weird in this edit. Looks kind of like brass or bronzish in the edits rather than yellow. I feel like it needs to be brightened up for it to actually look good.

So much better.

Why is Snyder allergic to color? Does he seriously think only using blues and greys makes him deep or something?

>pretending this plastic suit Power Ranger faggot is cool

Hi Snyder

It's a stylistic choice. More color doesn't automatically make it better.

Is it so hard to find a young white teen chad actor

Did Disney took them all?

>It's a stylistic choice

yes

in the style of "shit"

It makes it look better.

These are fucking DC comicbook characters, they're full of color. Draining that with a stupid filter and using only blues/greys doesn't automatically make it better.

It would in this case. His movies wouldn't be so boring to look at. I feel like my eyes slide over everything because it's just a blur of dull, cold colors.

>Draining that with a stupid filter and using only blues/greys doesn't automatically make it better.

True, it's the cinematography that goes along with the planned color filter that makes it better.

>the cinematography

>Stylistic choice
You do know people can have shit taste right? Just look where you are. Fact is Snyder either didnt want anything fucking with his precious filter, or he "shockingly" has made another bad creative decision regarding a DC character.

If the end result is good then why are people complaining about the filter?

It's a meme argument. If you don't like it, you should start using it against things you don't like. Try it!

Same reason people still bitch about using orange and blue contrast in movies.

That's not a fact, that's a biased opinion, man.

But the filter is bad. It's dull and listless. Any good visuals in Snyder's movie exist despite it, not because of it. Can you show me scenes where the filter is good?

Justice League's trailer opening looks pretty damn good with the blue filter. Same with Superman's first flight in MoS.

The trailer did not look good, and the flight scene is just about the only decent scene in Man of Steel.

I think the guy basically replaced a certain hue of blue with whatever shade of orange/yellow that lightning is, which would affect not only the lightning, but anything similar of that colour in the background, and since Zack seems to be going for a blue Matrix filter in this shot, that's a lot of things.
That's probably the reason why it looks that way, because he had to experiment with hues until it looked good, applying it to the entire shot, instead of just to the special effects.

If they replaced this in the studio however, where they have access to the footage and the special effects separately, I imagine it wouldn't look so dark and washed out/bronzish.

Speed effects are perfect. But blue lightning might b odd to some fans.
What I like to see is that Flash getting more control over his powers and lighning getting blue to yellow while he gets faster.

I asked a normie today if he had any ideas on improving the DCEU, and he immediately replied "reboot".

I don't like how whenever he accesses his powers, everything around him gets messed up like he was Docter Doom in the Fantastic 4 movies. Lighting everywhere. Lights Flickering. Crap flying around. I can see a few papers flying around but C'mon.

People complaining about the blue lightening I get you.
But you have to consider... the hotter a flame is the bluer it is. I think the same can be said for speed and lightening. Like this is the fastest Flash we'll see.
It does beg the question of how they'll make Wally or any other faster speedster look. Maybe they'll make it purple or black...
On that note the lightening is completely useless. Like can't they simply blur him, or freeze frame everything around him? I guess to differientiate him from both Quicksilvers but it just looks messy.

I'd enjoy blue electricity if he didn't fucking have a YELLOW lightning on his suit.

>I'd enjoy the yellow lightning on his suit if his powers actually had anything to do with lightning

Go away, grandpa. Flash is electric now. Why else did they try to make him black?

I'm sure the effect is nice, but the filter+horrible choice of blue makes it look like shit.
Seriously don't know what Zack was thinking when he didn't use yellow.

lel

If I didn't know that about the speedforce I would think that flash has electric powers. Blue is just a poor choice all around.