Gorillaz

No Gorillaz Thread? The new Album is dope guys, and I just watched Saturn Barz in VR - awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MBF0ErjMOc
youtu.be/tOhf4YRLrt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Gorillaz are now less a band and more a platform to shill celebrities on. None of the characters resemble who they used to be and the studio makes a habit out of shitting on Jamie's ideas whenever he suggests the Gorillaz do anything with their canon or animation (i.e.: 50% of why anyone gave a shit about them.) Now their sound is lazy, autotuned and the exact same thing rather than experimental or alternative.

Yeah that 360 video wasn't honestly amazing. And I've liked every single song so far. This is a good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=1MBF0ErjMOc

People just miss the "golden years"

THE BATH

Bunch of fags in here.

I had the songs in my head for days, I can't fucking stop.

Anyone has the leaked songs?

ok

Wait they all leaked?

>The new Album is dope guys

it's not even out yet

Music is pretty bad senpai. Music video was a huge step-down and not enjoying the lazy generic autotune. The models were oddly lazy, like PS2 era graphics. The pizza face especially looked like a generic version of one of those face reading apps.

The Vince staples track and Andromeda were pretty good though, if the rest of the album stinks at least I have two new tracks to enjoy

>Shaun Ryder being a weirdo drunk on stage

wow what exactly is your point? You can even hear Damon trying to yell ITS DARE over Shaun's autistic melt-down trying to save the last leg of the concert.

>The new Album is dope
>dope
Will you millennial shits learn to speak properly?

Also in other news... New Little Dragon soon. Hope they get another feature.

I wish this shitpost wasn't so true.

I don't think there's older people than 35 in this board user.

Where to get the non-censored VR version?

That is good news. I listened and really enjoy little dragon because of plastic beach

Is there a plot for this album? What's going on?

No, just like s/t and dd

Hell yeah same. I'm going to their show next month.

What would you look for in a Gorrilaz cartoon?

Would you want it episodic where they write/perform songs in every episode?

Would you want it where its a stylized retelling of the lore?

Would you want it in the semi-realistic style of Stylo/Do ya Thing?

How would you want Noodle and Cyborg Noodle to interact?

Would Murdoc be written as just an asshole or a misunderstood genius?

Who would act as recurring minor characters?

What's an idea for an episode?

the cgi is lo poly, its a pretty popular artistic choice people have been utilizing a lot in the last 4-5 years, nothing to do with laziness

This I can see how people think this was anything but intentional

It's pretty obvious when you look at the worm and his drawn blurry mouth.

I meant 'I CAN'T see'

Saturnz Barz would improve tenfold without Popcaan and auto tune bullshit, prove me wrong

The characters and the virtual band conecpt are MASSIVELY underutilized I'll give you that

I am and saying something is 'dope' is something I used to say in high school during the 90's when I was still a stoner.

2D looks ready to suck some cock.

Are you black? This may be the trickle down effect in action.

I think the lack of hype was a marketing mistake on Gorillaz part.

>lack of hype

???

I think if Damon were a smarter person they'd have loads of money to spend on cool marketing shit, more cartoons, and bomb ass tours. But instead they fizzled and came back twice now.

>2D and Murdoc may as well be husbands now
>2D exists solely to look as gay as possible
>Murdoc went from a greedy selfish dickhead manager strategist only in it for the cash and broads to le gross man
>Russell formerly the straight man is now literally C-Lo Green
>Noodle went from the band's daughter and designated soldier to a literal Lindsay Lohan style coked up whore

I'm glad you didn't live to see this, Robot Noodle.

Don't really care unless it was statement on how fucking awful autotune is. I've only liked low-poly when it's used deconstructively, or it fits a general aesthetic. It would have been nicer if each of the three apparitions had a different art style, instead of 10 seconds in Maya pizza, low poly worm, and low poly arm thing. All the other assets are well designed or hand drawn then warped to work in the 360 view. It would have been better if the whole inside of the house got a sort of Gumball treatment.

To me, it just looks like they had to go ahead and use the placeholder models instead of finalized ones to meet a deadline.

Are they still canonically a band or are they just a group of friends getting into scooby doo adventures?

>Music video was a huge step-down
What. It's definitely some of the best 2D animation yet in a Gorillaz video.

>This song would improve without most of the song

Still a band,
Though I don't know if they returned to the Pre-Plastic Beach convention of music videos just being music videos or whether or not they had a reason to check out a haunted house.

I think the plot this time is they're going on a trip/or searching for home, through space. Like Damon said, they're transitioning

Not really, the 2d stuff is alright, but it's no Stylo, or what Rhinestone Eyes would have been, or On Melancholy Hill, or basically anything from Plastic Beach.

I didn't care for any of the videos in Plastic beach. This one blows them all out of the water with the 360 version.

>It's no Stylo
Which was 3D?
Rhinestone eyes wasn't finished so you can't say that. And it is just as good as On Melancholy Hill.

I agree with this, they have been really underutilized and its such a shame.

White guy from a white Canadian suburb. Used to wear jean jackets, listen to grunge and industrial, and play hacky sack like a stereotypical white suburban 90's kid.

WILL SOMEONE ANSWER THIS MAN'S QUESTION, I'M CURIOUS TOO

It's very very expensive to do on the level Gorillaz is doing it. I don't even know where Gorillaz got all the funding it has but I can't see another project getting this much funding unless a rich person thought it was a good idea. Japan has an easier time with this because their culture is embracing of animation.

I saw clips of them. Look up recent Gorillaz threads they've been posted in there.

>360 meme
Wow it's really impressive that they managed to make something that game jam devs do in an hour.

2 minutes of original animation positioned in a 3D animation = Dirty Harry's music video =/= 4 minutes of original animation positioned in a 3D environment

Stylo's animation is far better than the 2D in this video. Also yeah, I can say if Rhinestone Eyes had the same effort that Melancholy had it would be their best music video they ever made.

Damon Alburn between Demon Days and Blur is a very rich man. And Warner invest a good deal of money in them.

Question never answered in last thread. 2D has a reason to stick with Murdoc do to Stockholm Syndrome, but why does Russ and Noodle?

Also someone has claimed that Murdoc is like a father figure to Noodle. Where does that come from? I highly doubt it.

Side note the wiki said that Robo Noogle might still be around, think we will see her again?

When did Russ get shrunk is a better question.

Every lore point brought up by Plastic Beach got dropped after they spent all the money on Stylo, so don't expect anything much in the way of any call backs from that era

>Dirty Harry's music video
Not nearly as well animated as Saturnz Barz. The only thing that was animated in it was 2D. The kids just blinked and stood still.
>Stylo's animation is far better than the 2D in this video
If you like 3D sure. That's not being argued right now. Rhinestone Eyes wasn't made so you can't make that argument no matter what.

They seem to have fun together. That's all the reason needed. Plus Noodle doesn't have any home to go to other than the band.
Murdoc isn't a father figure. None of them probably are. It's a very strange situation. They're probably more like brothers. Noodle wasn't that young when she showed up.

Russel shrunk down over time since he wasn't swimming in the ocean anymore.

Someone needs to rewatch Dirty Harry, or just the MTV cribs thing they did, pretty sure that had loads more actual animation than Saturn. And standing still and moving slightly is what the characters do for over half the video in Saturn, not really helping yourself out on that one.

Wasn't she like 10 or something in phase one?

>the MTV cribs thing they did
You need to rewatch them because their animation was really not great at all.

> standing still and moving slightly is what the characters do for over half the video in Saturn, not really helping yourself out on that one.
Have you even watched any of these videos? Comparing Saturnz Barz's animation with Dirty Harry is just retarded. Watch them again.

More white people need to listen to popcaan

Yeah, and you're acting like the animation in Saturn is comparable to Motorcity, the animation isn't any better than Plastic Beach era, and is comparable to Phase Two. Just because they saved up enough money to have Koreans do their tweening doesn't suddenly mean the music video is their best work ever.

Just listen to Future, both put in the same amount of effort to their mumble autotune rap.

>you're acting like the animation in Saturn is comparable to Motorcity
What are you talking about?
>Just because they saved up enough money to have Koreans do their tweening

He's gotta win the discussion no matter what.

Who are bigger stans? Eminem fans or Gorrilaz?

I'd like a Gorillaz cartoon on adult swim or mtv.

Stans?

Love all 4 songs I got. Well, I don't love Ascension. But I still enjoy it.
Listening to them on repeat now, I can't get them out of my head.
Need more videos.

DO MORE FUCKING G BITEZ YOU FUCKING FAGGOT JAMIE

>mtv

Please no

WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A PIRATE RAPPING ON SATURN BARZ?

>The Boogie Man, Cyber Noodle and 2D's ex won't ever be mentioned again.

If they age Noodle would be almost 30 now. And she, at least, has obviously been aging as time goes by.

It's natural for a concept dependent on the character being a literal child to change as they become middle aged user.

Yeah, sometimes when autism speaks you just gotta let it talk until it tires itself out.

Yes.

Damon's vocals were pretty good.

The animation by itself was good. The video was just not very impressive outside of that.

Everything that we know from Do Ya Thing is considered to be non-canon now, which is a shame.

Does it matter anyways? They hang out in an apartment and nothing else.

I'M THE SHIT

even when it was released Do Ya Thing didn't line up with canon, if anything it was to be considered a dream 2D is having

Lets be honest, gorrilaz was best around this time.

This was also their best album and they might never be as good again.

>even when it was released Do Ya Thing didn't line up with canon
It did, though, before The Book Of ___ character stories were released. Even Russel retained his gigantic size.

So was the album leaked?

No

Dude, what if Daft Punk did a collab with The Gorillaz?

likely more interesting than the ones featured on this album, but I think they don't like playing with non-rappers anymore.

Album would be better if there was less rap in it. Far too inundated with niggermusic to be proper gorillaz

If you had brought up that idea 17 years ago sure, nowadays not so much

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
I DO IT CAUSE I'M CONVINCED
I DO IT CAUSE I'M THE SHIT
I'M NEVER ON THE FENCE
UH
I'M NEVER ON THE FENCE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH I'M THE SHIT

I only have Busted and Blue

That's one of the best albums of all time so it's not too bad.

There's nothing Daft Punk can do that they can't do already

I didn't know Noel Gallagher was a rapper

Are any songs playing on the radio? I don't listen to the radio so I don't know.

I love Saturn Barz and Andromeda and like Ascension and We Got The Power. As for Hallelujah Money... well, I like the lyrics. I don't find the actual music all that memorable, I think that black dude with the Henry Spencer haircut is some sort of spoken word artist but his contributi9lon to that song is in that weird spot between spoken word and actual singing where it seems a bit awkward to me.

THE BATH

>Mfw GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES

It won't be on the album so don't worry.

[Start Saturn Bars]

HAHA WAYOI
DERELYENGOINDA WASTAH HAHAHA
[WHERE THE FUCK DO BEGIN?]
CHOP
ALL MOI LOIF
ME EFOV ME ONES SO ME AFFA MOVE SHAHP LIKE ME KNIFE
ALL MOI LOIF
ME PRAYES SAY WHEN ME GET WEALTHY AMAH ON ME WIFE
ALL MOI LOIF
DEHS DIS TING FO SMIFF IH BE A KILLA JUS LIKE RODNEY PRICE
ALL MOI LIFE
NAH ALL MOI LIFE

WAN TEH KYOBI SUM BOI DON KNOW ME
DEY OMMER OF DEM CAN BELIEF AH GRANDMA NJOY ME
NO AH FEW POPCAN SONGS AH I'M FEELIN NOMI

>White person's first time listening to raggae

This and this.

The last album had tracks more fitting for a G-sides album and it has way to many collaborations. The songs were missing the Gorillaz flair that the old albums had and by the sounds of it this new album is turning out the same way (But I do like Andromeda).

Demon Days was Gorillaz in its prime if you ask me

Actually Gorillaz first album made me start downloading Dance Hall stuff in my PSP (original) when I was in school. I also enjoy the rastah shit on gta. I actually really like Saturn Barz. Just think it's funny.

I an I be a rude boy, femme boi?

>Phat PSP
Blessa blessa

This shit was fire as a kid man
youtu.be/tOhf4YRLrt4

Yeah, Saturn Barz production is great, and since I enjoy some reggae myself, I love it.

Andromeda is just a lovely chill piece

Ascension is hype, but the lyrics are dumb imo

We Got The Power is cool, but not my favorite.

Will this be the album where they finally have a good song?

I imagine it'll be like Class of 3000. Just with Gorillaz characters.