It was the best...

It was the best, a true anomaly where a game and toy company and nature channel come together to create a truly good and fun experience for us all that we likely won't ever have for quite sometime on cartoon based television, let us remember the Hub days

youtube.com/watch?v=r5sDdEvLGVk
youtube.com/watch?v=Nd3z-VRMWS4

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/699384
derpibooru.org/1225384
youtube.com/watch?v=W9nT7gTvn68
youtube.com/watch?v=8C0DukozIYs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was a bunch of reruns, My Little Pony, and Dan Vs.

fuck any fag who says mlp was bad

Kaijudo was the best.

Dan Vs., Aquabats, and GI:Joe A-team edition were pretty top-tier and the nostalgia-bait shows weren't bad either. That whole channel was one of those "none of this should work...why does it work?" deals.

It's just too bad it wasn't sustainable in the long run.

At least they reran good shit like Batman TAS.

>Barney
>good

And Transformers Prime, Kaijudo, and Aquabats.

Dan Vs was literally the only good thing about the network

Kaijudo was a good show. Anyone else agree?

No.

Pretend I've been in a coma and just woke up. What happened to this?

It's been rebranded into a significantly less fun network, Discovery Family

I honestly can't understand why, because it's still going only I can't imagine that Discovery Family gets any better ratings than the Hub, I can only imagine it getting worse ratings

Wait a minute, is that...

MLP has gotten worse ratings since Discovery happened

Is that you Lee?

Real talk, I keep waiting for Hasbro to tuck their tail between their legs and offer MLP to Cartoon Network.

On the other hand, though, how's CN doing these days? Would the ratings be any better?

Literally what

Well, depends on how CN airs it.

They might just air it early mornings without advertisement on CN, so it could end up either the same or just slightly better.

Thats because the show turned to shit tho.
Nigger ignoring CN's current meme schedule the entire reason behind the Hub was because of CN's shenanigans
How has Sup Forums been treating you lately man?

>Nigger ignoring CN's current meme schedule the entire reason behind the Hub was because of CN's shenanigans

Yeah, well, the experiment failed, didn't it? That's why Transformers is back on Cartoon Network. The colorful horses are Hasbro's last stand as far as independent programming goes, and it's not looking good at this point.

I hope that never happens
CN is a shit network and has shit shows
If anything at all, MLP should go to Disney, though I prefer it not on any of that shit

Reminder than CN is the reason Transformers Animated got cancelled, fuck them, they are enemies of the Hasbro alliance

Philistines. You will never have a better Western mon show.

The protag seems like a design rip off of K' from KoF

Transformers Prime, G.I Joe renegades, LPS, Aquabats, among others were all Hub original series...

And zomg
>cartoon network is a mix of reruns of old shows and new original shows
HOW DARE THEY!

>Thats because the show turned to shit tho.
Haters have been saying this literally every single season, every season is "THE WORST SEASON EVAR" until the next one comes out, then the last one was the "good ole days"
Find a new pejorative, I'm hip to your games

Fuck off, stop harassing me
derpibooru.org/699384

Stay out of my thread you fucking autist

nobody wants you here Lee go to bed

Fuck Discovery Faggotry.

Whatsa matta, don't like Cake Boss?

Even its shows got worse when it ended, shame really.

Not him, but lot of actual fans have been hating some of it since s3. The status quo changed, so it makes sense.

I was going to make a joke about how CN would turn it into MLP: GO! but I would probably watch the shit out of that.

>Not him, but lot of actual fans have been hating some of it since s3
If you're referring to the people who "jumped ship" and haven't watched anything since then, IMO they also turned in the right to have any opinion on the three seasons since then

Which, maybe you're not talking about that, but I know there are in fact a lot of people like that
>THE SHOW SUCKS NOW
>I HAVEN'T SEEN AN EPISODE SINCE S3
Yeah ok, then you can't say it sucks, literally every season has been different from the others so not liking one doesn't allow you to have an opinion on every other one and be taken seriously if you didn't even watch it which leads me to just label these types of people as trolls/haters, because that's what they're doing really

Who the fuck does and why haven't those genetic abominations been sterilized?

This. When S7 airs prepare to see a whole bunch of people suddenly posting about how "S6 was the last good season before it all went to shit"

kys
derpibooru.org/1225384

Not really. If you watch enough to figure you're not entertained anymore, whereas you were before, that's more than enough to declare it "turned to shit". It's not trolling, just logic. You don't need to be masochistic and keep watching it.

I mean, just go to a Marvel thread and ask. People have followed it for decades, then noticed it's not getting back on track anytime soon. Therefore: shit. Or just check the Fairly Odd Parents thread.

Also, people can still follow MLP, enjoy some of it, and be pretty damn annoyed by how it is now. For instance, no one asked for that new character to get shoved everywhere, and THERE SHE WAS, at the damn center of the last season finale. It pisses people off, and for good reason.

...Eyyyup.
He loves you, and you love him! The one and only!

>Not really. If you watch enough to figure you're not entertained anymore, whereas you were before, that's more than enough to declare it "turned to shit". It's not trolling, just logic. You don't need to be masochistic and keep watching it.
The people I'm talking about certainly exist, and those particular people can't be described as anything but trolls.
If you don't watch something, you can't have an opinion of it. Did you stop watching? Fine, you stopped being a fan, it happens, however if you still stick around to talk about how bad episodes you never saw are to have an opinion in the first place and proudly proclaim it, you're trolling because you're not offering any legit criticism or opinion, you're just trying to antagonize people who still do watch and enjoy it.

>Also, people can still follow MLP, enjoy some of it, and be pretty damn annoyed by how it is now. For instance, no one asked for that new character to get shoved everywhere, and THERE SHE WAS, at the damn center of the last season finale. It pisses people off, and for good reason.
I have no problem with people being critical of the show if it's fair, I am at times, and everyone has their own preferences, episodes/characters/jokes/stories/whatever they like and dislike, not everyone is going to agree and that's fine....but your opinion is only valid if you did indeed watch it, because that's literally the only way to form a true opinion.

For instance, Starlight Glimmer is really popular....I'm neither here nor there about her, she was an ok villain and while I don't care for her reformation story too much (mainly because they literally just did it in EQG with bacon hair) she doesn't ruin the show for me, and for a lot of other fans, they really like and enjoy her, so how is it anybodies right to pretend they speak for the entire fanbase of the show to say something is objectively bad when clearly many others think it's good?

>MLP on Disney.
>mfw all of that KH/MLP crossover shit would have merit if that happens.

Just get the fuck out. Just get the FUCK out and never return.

Transformers Prime and Batman TAS the Channel

>so how is it anybodies right to pretend they speak for the entire fanbase of the show to say something is objectively bad when clearly many others think it's good?
They can use the first seasons as a standard for comparison and say it's objectively bad.
Of course like you said, your mileage may vary, but I don't see how they're "speaking for the entire fanbase", specially for the ones who just jumped in and will only know the first seasons as a prequel to the seasons they got hooked on and enjoyed.

Anyway, they still are entitled an opinion on that.

I liked LPS, Dan Vs., and Aquabats a lot.

>They can use the first seasons as a standard for comparison and say it's objectively bad.
Objectively is a strong word with some heavy implications, I've been watching since the first couple seasons...I think the show is still good,I think since S3 it's had various peaks and valleys rather than some sort of downward spiral and overall I still consider the show to be very much "good"

Why is their opinion more valid than mine? It isn't, therefor it cannot be "objective"

>Of course like you said, your mileage may vary, but I don't see how they're "speaking for the entire fanbase", specially for the ones who just jumped in and will only know the first seasons as a prequel to the seasons they got hooked on and enjoyed.
In my experience, in terms of people still enjoying the show I see way way more people who have been fans since the earlier seasons and still like than I do new fans getting on the ride who were first exposed to newer seasons, new fans are a rarity (no pun intended) compared to old fans still watching

It seems to me that while some people simply lost interest, the extreme haters are more of a vocal minority...which is why they often claim their opinions to be "objective", because they see it as a means of strengthening what at large is a minority opinion

Why they decided to make a whole new logo instead of bringing back Discovery Kids (which is still an active international brand) is difficult to understand. I mean, did they think more families will watch it just because of the name change?

Meanwhile, I'm stockpiling popcorn for the inevitable /mlp/ shitstorm that's going to come after the movie.
>inb4 9gag

>judging anything without watching it
This is pure concentrated autism right there.

The whole situation is difficult to understand
Apparently, from what I remember it had something to do with the amount of control between Discovery and Hasbro having, but at the end of the day the same amount of Hasbro (more now, actually) programming airs a day and Discovery chose to just play a shitload of food shows afterward

All very odd

tfw going to see it in theaters and not give a fuck

When is the supposed to come out?

My nigga. It was way better that it deserved to be.

October 6th
There will be sea ponies, yes, we shoo be doo now

3 days after my birthday

Best chance for me to see this is in the middle of the week at around noonish

Assuming /mlp/ doesn't find a way to have a good rip of it

I'm going to try and see it on the first day it's out here

I have no job, no talents in drawing or making videos or music, never been able to attend any cons, etc etc, aside from my meek pile of merch I figure buying a ticket to this movie will be the best I can do to give back to the franchise that has brought so much joy to my meaningless life

Somehow this show became a guilty pleasure

Where I come from, we call this goblin-face.

Whut, where do you come from?

Bump

Bump

Hub was the only channel that made me enjoy ads and promos. Especially promos - they were magical.

kys
derpibooru.org/1225384

I've contributed to the fandom already I'm just going to watch ponies now

What did you contribute user
Was it...lewd?

Nah just random drawthread requests I did lewd humanized and the fucking thank you card

Agreed

Discovery never stopped bitching to the FCC and others that they got an unfair deal in the partnership so when the renewal came back up Hasbro decided to just scrap the partnership.

Honestly with Margaret Loesch retiring shortly before it was for the best.

>Implying we won't be the ones laughing at the fact that for the first times in years our 2D animated show is getting a theatrical release

That doesn't explain the switch from Kids to Family, though.

CN UK has been really obsessed with censoring these days.

It's the show I missed the most.
Too bad it was so unpopular they didn't bother releasing the whole series on DVD.

Meanwhile, in Canada, Discovery Kids got replaced by... fucking Nickelodeon!? No Hub, no Discovery Family, nothing.

So there is no MLP in Canada? No wonder that fucking retard is so pissed

I think it airs there. Just on a different channel.

As far as I know MLP airs on a baby channel there where words like loser are bleeped out.

Which is especially retarded because the same company owns almost every kids' channel in Canada, so they could easily put in on a different one where that wouldn't be necessary.

Does she count as goth?
I will email to Panpizza only to hear what mental gymnastic does he come up with

youtube.com/watch?v=W9nT7gTvn68

I personally wanted to see more interactions between these 2

youtube.com/watch?v=8C0DukozIYs

i forgot how catchy this song was

Never forget