First look at new ReBoot

>WOW! Unlimited Media’s Mainframe Studios and Corus Entertainment are pleased to announce that production is underway in Victoria/Vancouver, B.C. on the live-action elements of ReBoot: The Guardian Code, a 20×22 minute live-action/CG-animated hybrid television series. This next phase of production reimagines the original 1994 animated classic, ReBoot, in a real life setting for modern, tech savvy audiences. Created by Michael Hefferon, the show follows four teenagers who discover that they’ve been selected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of cyberspace. ReBoot: The Guardian Code will premiere in Canada in 2018 on YTV.

As shitty as everyone expected it to be.

corusent.com/news/wow-unlimited-medias-mainframe-studios-corus-entertainment-begin-next-phase-production-reboot-guardian-code/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ytv/status/846859789997146113
twitter.com/ytv/statuses/846859789997146113
youtube.com/watch?v=xeDG5ubP0OI&t=1m28s
twitter.com/michaelhefferon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, wait. Instead of going off the source material, they just made a digital green lantern ripoff?

Holy shit they actually went full-on Zixx

Like, we knew it was going to be SHSSS/Zixx in plot but they went barreling straight into the Zixx design style.

Worse, a ripoff of Code Lyoko Evolution

I really like what it has going on visually

woolie is gonna be pissed

The new teens who are gonna save the day!

Who needs Bob!

Will this be the modern equivalent of Power Rangers?

the modern equivalent of Power Rangers is the current/latest Power Rangers.

Protip: ReBoot was always a Green Lantern ripoff

I mean in terms of the kind of phenomenon with kids

where's this from
oh god no

>live-action/CG-animated hybrid television series
>the show follows four teenagers

DROPPED

No really, why isn't Rainmaker making a Zixx revival? Why slap ReBoot's name on something that pretty clearly isn't ReBoot?

I'm glad they're doing something with the property hopefully these kids visit Mainframe at some point.

I'd rather have no shit than a pile of shit

twitter.com/ytv/status/846859789997146113

>those replies

>where's this from
twitter.com/ytv/statuses/846859789997146113

Everyone is replying negatively. Love it.

>that comment from Larry Bundy Jr
The fact that he always seems to be in the comments for literally everything is practically a meme now. You could be watching a video about the mating rituals of seagulls and it's a near guarantee Larry Bundy Jr is in the comments.

>I'm cancelling YTV and I get it for free.
>Protip, don't announce a remake of a series by showing the complete opposite of what its known for.
>Dammit, could you at least finish the first show before rebooting it?

I thought that was Jessie Thicc.

>on the live-action elements

the YTV twitter blocked him even though he's been supportive of the project, at least on his twitter

He's being sarcastic, user. Woolie hates the shit out of this.

Zero interest in following "modern, tech-savvy teenagers."

Go fuck yourselves.

so Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
got it

You can really feel him dying inside through his sarcasm.

>at least

He's being painfully sarcastic and YTV is probably catching a lot of shit from his followers.

No one has fond memories of Zixx. I don't think that show got much distribution outside of Canada.

>tfw I want an actual Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad reboot

>Tim Curry won't be the new voice of Megabyte because of his stroke
Fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=xeDG5ubP0OI&t=1m28s

nuke the fucking canadians before this abomination hits the airwaves.

doesn't even happen inside a computer.

>WHY.jpg

ONE JOB. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS JUST CONTINUE THE SERIES.

>new reboot

>oh thats cool. I loved that series as a kid and-

>live action

You know... it would have been fine if they changed the story abit. Like Hexadecimal ends up becoming a protagonist because of all the worse viruses out there and the spyware. But instead, they went with failure.

Code Lyoko died because of bullshit like this. You don't change a working formula!

It doesn't even look ANYTHING like it. Why would they think this would work?

I want live action by gaijins though

I have never seen so much actual [screams internally] conveyed through text.

Woolie's gonna fucking Kill Himself.

Huh. Animated VR troopers.

It's like they're actively trying to fuck it up.

>a real life setting for modern, tech savvy audiences
You can almost hear the pseudo-techno lingo that they're gonna smear the dialogue in.

Maybe this is cosmic punishment for Samurai Jack being so good

Who the fuck green lit this shit

Samurai Jack was never good

you were never good

This looks like the sort of thing that would be on Disney Channel for like, a week maybe in 2005. Not an actual show in 2017.

>in a real life setting for modern, tech savvy audiences. Created by Michael Hefferon, the show follows four teenagers who discover that they’ve been selected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of cyberspace
why

>modern, tech-savvy audiences
>still clearly follows 90s tech sensibilities with LEET HAXX0R kids

Also the aesthetic sucks. It's like the worst they could do with the whole Tron-esque theme. World-inside-the-computer used to look sleek, this looks like color vomit. And when you do worse graphics than 1997 show had, YOU NEED TO FUCKING STOP

I want a link. Let me see Woolie salt.

Damn shame. Tim Curry was always an entertaining man.

But... this isn't what I asked for!

Te villains came FROM a Computer so it technically counts.

Specifically, ONE computer. The ONE Laptop that actually got buggy and glitchy because of Y2K.

>they could have just continued the series and made fun of modern games and computer stuff

>fuck that we need REAL child actors!

Impossible. Tony Jay is dead. This is the only avenue they could have continued with without causing an apocalyptic shitstorm.

We really do live in the darkest timeline
Post yfw when reboot is kil

Just watch the latest season of Ultraman then.

>they could have just continued the series and made fun of modern games and computer stuff

Nah, Rainmaker/Wow Unlimited doesn't give a shit about doing what the fans want.

I'm sure they do, their problem is that they couldn't secure financing/TV presence until they did this. TV execs are still to this day worse than Hitler. Even the original ReBoot routinely made fun of them.

>I'm sure they do
No, really. They don't. I've dealt with the CEO personally. He just lied and lied... The ReBoot soundtrack should've been released at least a year ago.

Hell, I've dealt with 2 out of 3 CEOs of Rainmaker. The first one bailed when Rainmaker wasn't doing well, the 2nd was a nutjob and almost completely destroyed the company, and the 3rd seemed promising at first....but of course it was too good to be true.

>The ReBoot soundtrack should've been released at least a year ago.
This makes me upset

I'd thought/hoped this died; and those kids look horrifically generic like the actual actors portraying them, their clothes, just the kind of cardboard bullshit nobody will remember five minutes from now.

This is all so fucking sad.

IIRC this actually IS going to be a continuation and not a full on reboot.

>ctrl+f re:boob
>0 results
shame

You can almost hear the dated memes that they're gonna smear the dialogue in
Fixed

>Created by Michael Hefferon
Who surprisingly stopped using social media about a year and a half ago
twitter.com/michaelhefferon

Nice Trips. However, this is the same timeline where cartoons are being churned out by netflix and Samurai Jack returning.

They could have took the story in another angle. There were episodes when it didn't focus on Bob after all.

Reboot died years ago.

this is foul necromancy of the worst kind being abused in an attempt to create an unholy sin against god.

I hope this is nightmare and I will wake up in a few minutes

Give me details. I remember back in 2010 they put up old toys for sale and tons of people got gypped

details on the toy thing

>modern, tech savvy audiences
>tech savvy audiences

knowing how to download apps from google Store doesn't make you tech savy, also liking video games or watching pseudo nerd tv shows like th Big Bang meme or Mr Roboto

That screenshot does look pretty shitty

Wonder how Woolie is taking it

Have you seen his twitter?

Hes on suicide watch

Fucking end me already.

I also need to see this. Sounds fun.

Why do character in such shitty shows, have unimaginative, boring stereotypical Anglo names like Trey, Austin and Parker?

To make them relatable?

This looks fucking terrible, why did they accept to sell the name for this? It should be its own shit.

I can already hear tons of modern CGI action still making "blip blip ping whahoo" sounds. And retarded shit like lives in a mmo.

He is crying inside.

Because Mainframe got bought out by another company who used Reboot as a backdoor to relunch their failed television property Zixx.

Wow this is garbage.

This is the look of a broken man.

They just didn't ship shit to a lot of people. Nobody heard from them afterwards. I got mine but something was missing. It was sketchy as hell.

>Woolie suffered through omikron to see this