Samurai Jack:

Hey guys I'm interested in watching this series after seeing the many posts and webms. Can you guys help me which episodes are essential and which ones are just fillers? I want to catch up to the latest episode as quickly as possible.

Hm, watch:
1) The first two episodes for basic story.
2) The birth of Evil, 2-episode arc
3) All episodes with Scotsman in the title.
4) Jack and the Travelling Creatures
5) The 4 Seasons of death--just for your enjoyment.

The show literally doesn't have a plot beyond what is explained in the opening theme.

Okay, thanks for the help, anything more I should be aware about?

Like says, basically, you can watch the episodes in seasons 1-4 in any order honestly. Except for episodes that clearly are related (e.g. the Scotsman episodes). If you haven't already, you could watch the first episode of the revival right now, then go back to the original 4 seasons for background/context.

>filler
Get out.

If you're watching Samurai Jack for a focus on plot, you're watching it wrong. Pretty much everything is filler.

Yes. There is hardly any blood in there since he fights only robots maybe his own blood.
It's pretty good though.

I would add Jack and the Guardian, since it's heavily implied that it's the portal Jack will use to get back
Other than that, personal preference would be to add Samurai vs Ninja

nevermind I just forgot the episode name, good list

feelsgood

My CONTROVERSIAL recommendation:

Just watch this final season, and then all that came before. Watching parts in reverse is something that I personally enjoyed doing.

>not watching all of it

This list, plus Jack Learns to Jump Good, as that is the episode that first introduces the existence of multiple time portals.

But really, you should watch more of it due to the new season having references to previous episodes in some of their art choices.

You fool! It's all filler!

Basically all the ones with Aku and Scotsman are good. Ones without Aku are mostly filler. But there isn't much plot overall, just enjoy it.

These as well as Jack and the Zombies and Jack vs Aku, and Akus fairy tales
Cause Mako

watch all of it you seething casual

This is a pretty definitive list.

I wonder if like Birth of Evil and first three episodes can be viewed like a 5 episode movie.

I would also recommend watching Jack Remembers Past, Jack and the Zombies and Jack vs Aku. Last one can be even considered as starting point for crisis Aku is going through right now.

I see that you have all the plot related episodes...
BUT!
Where is muh Jack and the haunted house and muh Jack vs the Ninja?You can't exclude those 2.

That's pretty much it. Technically the first four seasons are filler except for the 1-minute intro by Aku.

Watch the first two episodes and whatever you feel like, it is all filer

The show is episodic in nature, but there are a few multi-part story arcs, like Birth of Evil. References to past episodes are also sprinkled throughout the show, but they're largely minor callbacks.

Just watch all of it; Samurai Jack is a solid show throughout.

>LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND, I AKU THE SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL
>BUT A FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME
>BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW
>NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO RETURN TO THE PAST AND UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU
That's the plot, you're all caught up now. Now watch everything, you won't regret it.
Also "as quickly as possible"? If you make catching up on something a chore, you're doing it wrong.