Maria Hill is honestly a great, probably the best Marvel character made in the 15 years

Maria Hill is honestly a great, probably the best Marvel character made in the 15 years
does Sup Forums like her?

she was really great in Kos' and Spencer's Secret Avengers
plus she just keeps it real all the time
I bet she'd be friends with Gwenpool sooner or later

I hope she plays a big part in dismantling Secret Empire just because its not her vision
she's like Doctor Doom without intelligence and more balls

Nah, Hill's cool and all but Todd Ziller is the best new Marvel character since the wonderous 90s.

She's a great "love to hate her" character. She's super-abrasive, but that sort of shit disturber brings interesting conflict into a story, and her heart is generally in a good place.

There's so few protagonist heroes these days who are ALLOWED to have major, serious, defining flaws in their personality. You can't have a misogynist hero anymore even if that misogyny is depicted as a flaw rather that anything admirable or laudable. Maria Hill manages to exist right on the edge where she's kind of a hero but also a deeply flawed person, and that's a breath of fresh air.

Nah. She's mostly talk. Annoying talk at that.

I love her under Spencer. Like her under Bendis, she's okay under Waid. I hate her under Fraction.

this user is right and also probably smells nice

>I hate her under Fraction.
What did Fraction do?

I got mixed fellings, but my biggest problem with her is not with her. My biggest problem is that everyone is writing SHIELD as a rather incompetent bunch

He did the thing that Fraction usually does

He had her fuck tony.

Pleasant Hill was the most fun time I've had reading an event in years

The only time someone dicked her and you didn't like it?

>plus she just keeps it real

Oh yeah. That happened...I chose to forget that little nugget.

in a world full of geniuses, time travelers, Gods, advanced aliens, sorcerers and psychics,
Maria Hill geniunly feels like she's the only one that can save the planet
it's insane
I love it

I love the character too, but take this shit to CBR, where people unironically type like this.

Why does she look like Cumberbatch in drag here?

Maria's great, she simply isn't allowed to be in the right ever for any reason. She (and SHIELD as a whole) has been reduced to a straw man for the capes to have "conflict" against, because these are superhero comics, so the superheroes are the ones solving the problem.

If you think about it, SHIELD are ostensibly a police force just trying to do what they can to protect their world from the threat of super villains and such. But for the longest time now, they've been depicted as obstructive assholes who keep the costumed loons from having their vigilante clubhouse parties.

"Step aside, normies! Only the special people are allowed to accomplish anything of value in this story.". Pretty shit message to send, frankly.

she's the only one standing up and calling out all the crazy bullshit, just saving humanity from supervillain and hero alike

>Maria Hill
>white girl

Do we honestly even know Maria's ethnicity?

Will she save the day in Secret Empire and get her job back?

She has a healthy distrust for Muties and she's a qt. I like her

I mean, who's going to run SHIELD? Nick Jr, Sharon who no one cares about or Carol? lol

I like Maria a lot, but yeah, this: To me, Maria Hill is someone who is just born to lose. Every single one of her plans will invariably crash and burn because they're all swimming against the current of mainstream superhero storytelling. Of course a giant prison for supervillains or a massive planetary shield are going to fail. That is an absolute given. But on top of that, she's also built to fail on a moral sense, to be the dirty shady government stand-in trying to solve problems in dirty shady ways so superheroes can then wag their fingers at her when it all blows up in her face.

>Nick Jr
I'm honestly surprised that they haven't made him Director of SHIELD yet.

rick jones

oh fuck, is this what Robinsons book is going to be about

or will Jim Hammond

She's a cunt, but a very fun cunt. Great in Pleasant Hill, can't wait to see what she does in Secret Empire.

Is that really it? I don't see what's wrong with that, many people have fucked Tony.

If she had any sense she would say "fuck this universe and all of its shit" but heroes aren't aloud to quit saving ungrateful halfwits.

>a massive planetary shield are going to fail
I'm pretty sure that the Shield is all on Carol not Maria.

Best girl gave her the plans because getting it built was more important than getting the credit and she feared Cap would be against it because it was her idea.

Plus, it only fails because Steve sent a Hydra suicide bomber to take it out.

It was obviously more than that, but that little factoid sums up his shit characterization of her quite nicely.

>also probably smells nice
That's due to the Iced Musk and Ginger body spray - my fav. Lynx scent! And my big tail.

Having just started watching the X-Files, I really kind of wish they had someone like Maria Hill on the side of the government conspiracy.

Someone made of 50% it's my job to clean up the shit and deal it out, and 50% you really fucking tick me off and I kind of despise you.

Not all-knowing, not unduly paranoid, certainly not in it to be smug or to gain personal wealth and power- just the government's designated shit-cleaner.

I don't care what an actors ethnicity is as long as they look like the character and can pull them off. I think she did it well enough

Reminds of Lana Kane from Archer with a pixie cut

It's been great ever since she has been replaced by a skrull

I feel like she could be the kind of character I love, but Mavel is wasting her by making her the evil authority figure who is always objectively wrong and needs the heroes to either stop her retarded plans or save her from her own mistakes.

Even though she's not an outright villain, she's still an opposing force to the heroes. But in order to be a credible opposing force, she needs to have a fucking point every now and then without having it blow up in her face two issues later. Marvel needs to give her a win now and then because without it, she's just a sad, incompetent excuse to have the heroes do their whole juvenile "hurr authority is bad" spiel.

She could be the Marvel equivalent of Amanda Waller if they played their cards right (as in, huge bitch with power and authority who gets shit done even if she has to play dirty and fuck the "good guys" over), but of course Marvel being Marvel they can't fucking do anything right so she's just another incompetent villain. Having a character like her only works if she actually has a reason to be a smug bitch to everyone, rather than just being an annoying foil.

This page isn't what's bad about it though. Coming up with an batshit insane and morally questionable plan and being a smug bitch about it is what Hill is great for.

What is bad about it is that her masterplan blows up like two minutes later, not only making her (and SHIELD) look bad, but also reducing her to just being the fuckup that caused the next shitty event for the heroes to deal with, rather than someone in control and calling the shots.

She's usually drawn as a white girl, though sometimes she looks latina.

oh shit, U.S.Avenges 4 already came out? I must've missed it.

>Hill is an English/Scottish surname
>Maria comes from Spaniards
She's 100% European.

I think Bendis said she's part Latina.

Real talk, why is SHIELD still a thing? If they are not allowed to actually accomplish anything, and even in universe they are seen as a borderline liability, why are they still around?

Does Marvel really think that this shit is entertaining, to see people who are just trying to defend their world get ruthlessly mocked for daring to be active against super villains and monsters?

Y'know what Maria's next plan should be? Disband SHIELD, tell the capes they were right all along, and that she'll just let them deal with this shit. And then once the capes are suddenly lost without all the highly useful logistical support SHIELD tends to offer, she can just sit on the beach, sip her tequila, and laugh her ass off as the world burns.

And is this because you're reading the character with your cock or is she actually good?

That Checcetto art, though. Almost makes me want to read Spencer.

Forgot to mention - Fraction's use of her in the first part of World's Most Wanted was great - showing her backstory, and "born to lose" is pretty much explicit, in universe as well. I love her so much.

They need to surpass humanity. At minimum mass-production Iron Men or Deathloks.