Green Goblin

What's the craziest shit Norman has ever done?

Gwen

Hahahahaha.

Wore his underwear on the outside

Don't know, but whatever it was, IT WAS A BLAST

oh man I can't wait to post on r/comics&cartoons

fpbp

Gave Dr Octopus 's crush AIDS.

He deliberately infected Doctor Octopus' ex-girlfriend with HIV using a blood transfusion.

He fucked Spider-Man's girlfriend, got her pregnant and convinced him he was the father

He fucked his own son's girlfriend, who got pregnant but I'm not sure who the actual father is

He caused Spider-Man's wife to give birth to a stillborn child, then tricked them into thinking the child was alive and just kidnapped.

>He fucked his own son's girlfriend, who got pregnant but I'm not sure who the actual father is
It turned out to be Harry.

FPBP

What's so funny about that?

Nothing can top the Gaunt stuff.

Mind Control Toothpaste.

Because it is true.

>Replace a kidnapped old woman with an actress mutated into resembling her
>Firmly believe this is a more legit evil thing to do than just killing the old woman

Whatever happened to Menace anyway? Last I read of her she and Harry's bastard child fucked off never to be seen again.

>He deliberately infected Doctor Octopus' ex-girlfriend with HIV using a blood transfusion.
I still hate that stupid ass retcon.
Edgiest piece of garbage in the entire Superior run, which was made of edge to start with.

>Muh super villains are too bismuth

They kill people. So if they show what they're actually doing, it's edgy but dropping buildings on hundreds of people is okay? Please dude.

>They kill people. So if they show what they're actually doing, it's edgy but dropping buildings on hundreds of people is okay? Please dude.
It's edgy to turn a PSA issue about HIV (however hamfisted and anvilicious it may be) into Unspeakable Evil Thing Norman's Done #91273. It'd be like revealing Harry's drug addiction was actually a supervillain plot by Crime Master or something. It mitigates the endearing down-to-earth aspect of the original story and makes the bad guy cartoonish, and his actions black comedy at best.

Actually true of Aunt May's death retcon too.
You had a character that passed in the most respectful way, in a very highly regarded story.
Then they turned it into nonsensical "it was me Barry!" shit

She was in AXIS: Hobgoblin.

Created a cure for cancer for the sole purpose of killing Deadpool with it.

She has superior taste now.

>Implying goblin knight didn't get last laugh

Nah we know who did.

It even somewhat retconned the virus being HIV, which was treatable at that point due to sliding timescale. Now it's just a "deadly virus".

>down-to-earth aspect of the original story
Nothing down-to-earth about "Doc Ock finds out his old girlfriend is dying from AIDS and rushes to steal a bunch of shit to whip up a cure in record time"
>his actions black comedy at best.
That's what made it great. It's supposed to be funny.

>Nothing down-to-earth about "Doc Ock finds out his old girlfriend is dying from AIDS and rushes to steal a bunch of shit to whip up a cure in record time"

This is comics. That's positively mundane compared to the usual aliens-from-a-parallel-reality-are-enacting-global-mind-control-via-sneakers plots we get.

Welp
Pack it up guys, everybody go home

He pretended to be dead for years while amassing wealth and control underground just for the sole purpose of fucking with Peter.

During this time he masterminded many troubles for Spider-Man, among them he sent an insane geneticist with an army of Peter's clones which made Peter think he was a clone too, made him think his aunt died and made him think he had poisoned his wife and unborn child just by making love to her.

Out of all the mess with you* villains, I feel like he still is the best out of all universes. He doesn't have Joker's crazy, he has a very straight forward dementedness to him. Aimed Crazy.

Reverse flash is petty, Joker got whole chaos bit, Doc Ock revenge..Manta murdering people just because but Norman he's an artist.

put me in the screencap

WE HAVE TO TAKE HIS HEART

Newfags: kill Gwen stacy

Understanding: fucked Gwen stacy and impregnated her

Enlightened: locked Peter in a basement for like a month, I jetted alcohol into Flash, put him in a coma where he lost like ten years of memories, fucked up everyone

???: gave dr.ocks girlfriend aids, after putting her in a car crash

This is a really good point. It does tarnish the idea that these exist in the real world and trying highlight there threat through dastardly means diminishes them. People do drugs in the real world, people get HIV in the real world. If you make it a villains fault it doesn't suddenly remove the problem.

I'll never forgive Cebulski and Slott for what they did to Phil.

>Enlightened: locked Peter in a basement for like a month
Oh shit, yeah that was pretty good reading

The sliding timeline makes that story nonsensical though. Ock's ex-gf wouldn't get HIV through a blood transfusion in the 21st century. Deliberate sabotage works through.

Who hates their archenemy more? Goblin, Zoom, or Manta?

Probably Manta, but both Manta and Zoom are in an entirely different league of dickishness in comparison to Norman.

Manta and Zoom never put their dicks in their nemesis' gf though. That's s tier by itself.

Being petty isn't really getting into the sauce of their enemy the way Norman is, he impregnated is arch rivals girlfriend, made him think he killed her and a whole bunch of other shit.

True, but he didn't even remember that he's Green Goblin at the time, so he didn't actually do it out of spite towards Peter. On the other hand you could argue that that makes it even better, since he wasn't even trying.

Came here for this.

Not for lack of trying on Zoom's part, though.

You mean screwing him over, demasking him or just the entire arc of superior spiderman in general?

Can you imagine if Manta gave Mera the BBC? Sup Forums would explode.

What would happen if Norman bonded with the venom symbiote?

He never was such a beautiful dick about it as Zoom was, tho.

Something would be created that would scare carnage.

His pettiness to me removes that level of artistry in being a dick.

Even though RF fanboys enjoy the meme, it just never struck me. Something inferior, inherently about needing to be that juvenile.

>He fucked his own son's girlfriend, who got pregnant but I'm not sure who the actual father is

The fact that you have to ask is fucked up enough.

Fucking /thread

Zoom TRIED to fuck Iris back in the Silver Age. She turned him down, so he killed her.

THEN he fucked her?

Zoom is a beta nerd.

Wow.

I want to remind everyone that Norman masterminded and orchestrated the entire Clone Saga.

And his end goal was purely, 100% just to fuck with Peter.

Just... let aaallll of that sink in.

Holy fuck Norman.

Am I the only one who thought
that the Norman Osborn on the bottom left was
sandman?

It seriously is amazing that no one wants to touch Sins Past to make it un-canon because it's so fucking bad
This is still fucking canon goddamn it what the fuck

>Nothing down-to-earth
What said, and AIDS is a real world thing
Maybe the transfusion shit doesn't make sense anymore, but then, don't use the story.
>That's what made it great. It's supposed to be funny.
Not really. Just tone deaf. Read the dramatic fallout between Ock and Goblin.
I'm not saying villains can't be evil. I'm saying there's depicting evil actions and then there's cheap shock value -this is a guy who already poisoned Spider-Man's wife into losing her baby and faked her kidnapping, his threat can't be upped -the Clone Saga made him so it got stupid to attempt it.

At least they could've avoided the American Son mini. But that one set it firmly in canon

>AIDS is a real world thing
In Africa. In developed countries, people just take their medication and live full lives with HIV.
>Maybe the transfusion shit doesn't make sense anymore, but then, don't use the story.
Such a goofy story deserves to remain in canon somehow, and this allows it to work forever.

>In Africa
Which isn't part of the real world because...?
>live full lives with HIV
Sure, IF they're seropositive... Plus the need for awareness doesn't go away just because the danger is lessened.

Unironically use a broom as a mode of transport

>Which isn't part of the real world because...?
Africa problems aren't problems comic readers will actually experience.
>Plus the need for awareness doesn't go away just because the danger is lessened.
The original issue wasn't spreading any kind of awareness. A person got a terminal illness through bad luck, a guy went to great illegal lengths to cure her and failed.

Fuck Norman, let's talk about Spidey's TRUE Arch Nemesis!

Dude has literally weaponized cancer on multiple occassions. One batch was made to specifically take down Deadpool. The other was concoted from a meta human that Osborn tortured (and is currently still torturing as far as I'm aware).

You guys ever feel like Norman almost has too much plot armour as a villain? Even when he dies he gets better and has effectively gotten away with so goddamn much. Literally cucked the superhero that is supposed to mirror the reader more than any other. Tortured him, through body and mind, to the point that he is on the same level as a speedster largely agreed to be the most petty villain ever who had to fuck with HIS hero through time travel fuckery. Norman being barely more than a normal guy allows him to be in a league of his own. He's a terrifying villain but sometimes I feel like she's just gotten away with so much and has never had some true comeuppance from Spidey.

what he cooked up for deadpool wasn't weaponized cancers. it was a weaponized cure for cancer

Well at least he hasn't fucked Mary Jane

Norman Osborn having anything to do with anything that isn't Spiderman always struck me as dumb, especially all of Dark Reign.

Why the fuck is Logan so worried? And why does he look so bizarre?

This must've made the whole thing even more absurd

Go to bed, Otto.

Perfect

You mean Tommy Lee Jones

>it was a weaponized cure for cancer
That makes it so much worse.

>not posting Venom
>posting some faggot instead

Not yet.

>The other was concoted from a meta human that Osborn tortured
Was that The Freak (the junkie with Doomsday's power from Brand New Day)? Norman had him captured in New Ways To Die, but then he just disappeared.

>Venom
Didn't Otto make the symbiote cry like a bitch at some point because he was experimenting on it or some shit?

See I actually rather like Dark Reign, at least the shit he was pulling there was on this grand comic book scale. So much of the shit he does to Peter is just so frighteningly personal that it almost feels worse.

how much until he gets spidergwen or gwenpool?

While far from his worst deed, Norman slipping Peter's toothpaste with hallucinogens just to mess with him ranks up there in terms of pettiness.
I liked Dark Reign because it showed that if Norman put as much effort into taking over the world as he did fucking with Spider-Man, he'd be a global level threat.

Of course I wouldn't want it to be a permanent change either.

Sooner than you think user...
sooner.
Than you.
Think.

Isn't that a lot of Spider-Man's enemies though? Norman, Otto, I almost said Venom but he stopped being obsessed with Peter later on. Okay, so it's just those two. But Normal and Otto are crazy dangerous and the only reason they don't cause more damage than they do is because of this hilarious fixation on Spider-Man.

Slott go back to sleep

In fact, it's really not just Spider-Man. A lot of supervillains would be more dangerous if they weren't obsessed with a single superhero.

Bingo. As far as i'm aware Freak is still somewhere in Osborn captivity....which is kinda tragic when you think about it.

When merged with Eddie, the Venom Symbiote's only real advantages were his physical superiority, his immunity to Spider-Sense and the fact that he knew Spider-Man's true identity. In terms of pure ability to fuck with Peter, Norman was always better. Also, Peter was much smarter than Eddie and the Symbiote so he was able to come up with various ways to counter them over time.l

The Venom Symbiote on its own does not significantly raise a villain's threat level. When Gargan was Venom for a while, he was a complete joke.

I have a mixed opinion on the manner. While I agree that when Osborn decides to take his eyes off Spider-Man he is capable of being an Avengers level threat (although many would disagree). However, I'd also argue that Osborn is significantly scariery and more overall unsettling when he's devoting his focus to an individual hero. Osborn's the kind of person to actively stalk you as you go about your day in his Goblin outfit while he actively plots other ways to fuck with you. Something about that makes my skin crawl.
>he has literally crucified one of his employees using GOBLING RANGS as spikes!

I think Ock's obsession heavily depends on the writer. It seems in recent years they've been playing it up.
Then again, you could argue that for Norman too. But for Ock, it feels a lot more recent.

The thing with Otto is that while Spider-Man was never his ONLY priority, he also really, REALLY fucking hates Spider-Man. Like among all Spider-Man villains who hate Spider-Man, I'd easily rank him in the top 5.

Don't remember the run but I read it on Sup Forums once there was a page where Norman blows up a coffee shop or some shit Harry was working at trying to become self sufficient. Halfway through the phone call between them afterward Harry realizes he's wearing the goblin suit just by the way he's talking, then you finally see Norman and he's in full regalia from the neck down sipping a World's Greatest Dad mug with his feet up on his desk or some shit.

Dan Slott's New Ways to Die. Weirdly one of his better stories by a longshot. Shame it doesn't seem like he can write like this anymore. Also I'm hijacking this thread to storytime some Osborn.