Ghost Rider #5 storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BSMpmfqBAkD/
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the last issue, right?
How do you fuck up so bad, Marvel?

is this the last Hulk and Friends adventure with a weak Ghost Rider B-story comic?

Yes.

>How do you fuck up so bad, Marvel?
It didn't work with Circle of Four, of course it didn't work again.

Shriekeark is a pretty shitty villain name

Guess it's finally time to put this dog down.

This should have been the book from the start. Robbie tearing shit up. It's why Ghost Racers was the best thing he's ever been in.

he gonna use his bankai again?

What a revoltin' set of trips.

I'm getting Forbidden Siren 2 flashbacks

Thanks

I'm salty af over the way this book turned out because the 'circle of four' dynamic is what derailed my last favorite character Agent Venom's solo book, too. And I was just now getting into the Robbie Reyes character! :/

Hopefully this is the end of this Gringo Rider bullshit.

Mama was a Rolling Stone!

No, none of this. More Ghost Rider, less these losers.

Felipe Smith's next project is The T.O. & the Boot!

instagram.com/p/BSMpmfqBAkD/ (image must be uploaded after this storytime)

I think this might have worked better if they did a one issue tie-in with the others and have it be a mostly solo Ghost Rider run.

Why am I getting Lastman vibes from this?

Poor bait, Robbie is one of the few non shit characters left at Marvel. It's just that they sabotage his books

The art got Tumblr-quality pretty fast, this is what happens when you sack all the actual talent away.

The only cool thing about these comics is the Ghost Rider's car. Thats it.

IT'S GOT A GUN!!!

This page is amazing.

>stunned
>impeccable aim
>meaning its deliberately not killing them
hrmmmmm

I call him ParREEEEsite.

It wants their skillzzzzz.

Poor bait. Get your smelly turd out of my face. I want to read Ghost Rider, not... this shit.

yeah but if it gets skills from dna (somehow) it doesn't need them to be alive

This is so much better than the Fastball Special I thought was going to happen.

I'm going to miss this guy.

The creature would be much more horrifying if everyone else wouldn't be so inconsistently drawn as well.

"Yuck, the creature is an amorphous mess of faces!", yeah, so is the cast of heroes as well.

I know the book this book is shit, Robbie isn't the problem though.

$5 he gets a weaker version of its powers

>captcha: kirkbride close

See, this is what I was hoping this series would mostly consist of. High Speed Ghost Rider Action.

You don't even know what "gringo" means you dumbass,

Prepare your anus

I love how the artist attempts to make the Hulk look asian all the time, so as a result he looks slightly bored in every close-up.

Robbie and a homage to new FF. This should be great. So why is it so bad? How?

Venom already did Circle of Four anyway.

Have some music to go with the ensuing madness:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ

a two-issue story at best being stretched out over five issues aka ten weeks

I love these last few pages.

Cool as this is, I'd have preferred it if the flames shot out of the hole in his head.

I'm sad we won't get to see Felipe's Shin-ANGR tear up the streets of LA if this is the kind of madness he was going to get up to.

Is this Pokemon? He literally use Flamethrower like he was a sort of Charizard. Even the pose.

And end.
Love how naturally and not like a sudden cancellation this end as.

Aw man. The monster was a Crystal Gem the entire time!

And Eli, the absolute madman!

Thanks, OP!

Jesus he looks like a fucking dork in human form.

>drooling magma
>hunched over on all fours
>showing off his muscles

just fucking murder my vagina

>Crystal Gem?
Explain.

>Even the pose.
Charizard doesn't get down on all fours. Pokemon wasn't the first to do flame breath either.

Oh cool, Felipe was setting up Eli taking over the monster for future shenanigans. Too bad those shenanigans will NEVER HAPPEN.

>alien space rock

Tbh i dont think the artist can draw humans well in general.

Steven Universe reference. Don't worry about it, you're better off not knowing.

Too bad the rest of it is pretty terrible.
Whoever's drawing this doesn't seem to know how to pace action very well.

Thank you, user, it did actually make the pages better.

Going full 90s Kamen Rider there.

One thing I would say is this monster is really enjoyably gross.

That would be a really cool moment if this wasn't all so phoned in.
Could you imagine this fight drawn by Moore?

They wasted so much time and potential with this bizarre forced crossover.

so in this last comic, we resolve the b-plot but not the main character plot of 'reformed' banger mechanic we concentrated so much time on

Yep. We also didn't resolve Robbie's super-form nor did we get the return of Piston Nitro that the back-up from the first issue set-up.

>we will never know what happened to the rabioso plotline

FUCK MARVEL.

Gotta love Marvel's strategy.
1. Cancel the books that aren't total garbage.
2. Keep SJW shit comics.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Lack of best grill really didnt help

> still getting upset over sjw stuff in comics after theyve been doing it for decades

what a sad life you must live user

i dont know. ...i dont know.

I think it came too soon and too much focus was put on the guest characters.

Anybody else find something really appealing about Smith's character designs? Dunno if it's the manga background but I always like his expressions.

The cover art? Yeah, it's nice.
The interior though...

what does the "after arthur adams" note mean?

They've been doing similarly shitty strategies, yes. But SJWs are a whole new flavor of shit.

Thanks, OP. I hate that they decided to pull the plug right when the team-up arc was finally ending and we could get back to focusing on Robbie and Eli. Given his appearance in AoS (and, to a lesser extent, the fact that he's an Hispanic guy with an autistic brother), I thought Marvel would've let it run a little longer. Here's hoping things turn out better next time.

He was autistic? i thought he was retarded or something. Kid can barely feed himself some cereal and yet autistic Sup Forumstards can find flag in unknown location in under 36 hours with just a view of a flag and the sky.

I may be remembering it wrong, but I think it was mentioned in the first run that he was autistic.

they call it a spectrum become some have more severe cases than others
I went to highschool with a guy whose autistic brother couldn't even speak english and only barely understood it

I thought it was cerebral palsy.

i think you might be right.

...did they fuck up the speech bubbles here? Those are two different guys, right?

no same guy, just shit art on humans

but those are bone claws, they shouldn't be able to hurt a hulk...
It's acknowledging that the cover art is a redraw/homage of a piece Arthur Adams did.
It's a comic book art tradition thing.

Man, this book got shafted hard. I don't think I've ever seen a book start off this strong only to get this sabotaged by editors.
Why they couldn't just let the man tell his story?? Every... EVERY crossover in this book was absolutely garbage.
(Ghost Racers and the Kamala Romance technically wasn't in this book)

>It's acknowledging that the cover art is a redraw/homage of a piece Arthur Adams did.
>It's a comic book art tradition thing
aha. cool. thanks for explaining.

>Why they couldn't just let the man tell his story?? Every... EVERY crossover in this book was absolutely garbage
I agree, but Marvel just doesnt like their fanbase. They prefer being "progressive" over telling good stories with good characters.
Honestly, If X-men prime and on flops im done no more marvel for me.