Why do people love this show so much? Can someone explain to me? Before the accusations start flying...

Why do people love this show so much? Can someone explain to me? Before the accusations start flying, I was born in 1988, so I was definitely a kid when it was on the air, old enough to feel nostalgia for it, but I really don't get the obsession...it was a fine show, but why does it continue to have a near obsessive fanbase to this day? Why do people ship the characters? Why do people try to make a bigger story out of what it was? Why do people feel like it's worth talking about literally every single day? The only other show that puzzles me even more is Arthur, is it autism or just something I'm missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7MM4Plma33M?t=1m18s
youtube.com/watch?v=zhY22HVaX4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was a show that focused on kids dicking around and that's it. It didn't try to crowbar in any large story arch, it just focused on being entertaining

I've never really liked this show and I doubt I ever will. But after lurking in a few threads I get the appeal.

Unique artstyle that serves the tone and characters well and is relatively well-executed. Consistent quality across its entire run. Relatively decent character development that's internally consistent despite the show's episodic nature. Capable of telling self-contained stories with humor that appealed to its audience without violating or going against any previous episodes.
So even though I'll never be into this show I get why people will make a case for it being one of the best ever. Even if I can't agree.

It's a show that gives literally no fucks.

Although I don't get the shipping deal either. But the show's just outlandish fun about three kids that are similarly named and do fucking random shit.

Jokes were also amusing and there was a lot of shit that slipped under the radar too.

The show is funny

That's pretty much it

What's wrong with the fanbase of Arthur?

I fucking love the single frame of end glaring backward before he defies the laws of physics

Anyone else remember the promos for this show where th and creator just drove around in his truck with a camcorder throwing jawbreakers and other shit at random kids?

IS THAT THE SUPPORT BEAM TO THE HOUSE???

It was Rebecca Sugar's favorite show as a kid so the SU general likes to shill it everywhere when they can't post here.

Nostalgia and maymays. Its definitely a show I enjoyed as a child but it wasn't even on my top ten favorite shows. would never actually sit through an episode if it aired right now.

Edd's reactions were the best.

In a way the show embodies what its like to be a kid. I always found the improvised contraptions made out of household objects to be incredibly endearing.

The culdasac has a nice feel. It was somewhat comforting that every episode was confined to a select few areas with no new characters.

What's a support beam?

*walls begin to crumble*

This.

Seriously, Ed, Edd, and Eddy is pretty much just a really funny comedy about the wacky adventures of three identifiable, if not always likeable, assholes (yes, Edd included) who have reachable and relateable goals (fuck yeah money and candy!).

The real thing that brings it together though is the writing and sound design. That sumo noise still triggers gufaws to this day, and some of their lines are timeless.

>Ed is carrying something
>it's long so long that he walks off screen
>the person who's carrying he other side is Ed

I love it

>Great humor
>Great art
>Good characters

Do you think Ed Edd and Eddy prove you can have an animation-focused slapstick show simultaneously with good story, and btfo classic cartoon fags like John K who say story doesn't matter?

Its fucking hilarious, there is not one episode in this show that makes me laugh my ass off.

is Rolf an Armenian?

OP, what do you consider a great show

I remember one where they cut together a bunch of footage for the show to the music of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

It proves that if you get people who knows what there doing anything can be great

Which is what they did

Why can't she make anything as good?

"Cuidado pareja!"

["Si, pareja!"/spoiler]

He is the stereotype of a last century american immigrant, which is also what Antonuccis grandfather was.

Rolf is from Europenia.

Besides the unfunny Nigger Twitter memes?

No one will look back on that show fondly. I can't wait until it ends and the blinders come off.

Steven Universe

>eddy finally gets some money to by some jawbreakers
>Fate itself is like "better stop them Ed boys"

That episode was brutal

We're sorry that Ed, Edd & Eddy does not have a quota of minorities for you to consider it a good show.

"BUT EDDY, CHICKENS"!

youtu.be/7MM4Plma33M?t=1m18s

If you ever wondered where the sumo sound effect came from.

Women are a minority?

>jimmy running to home base during the game of tag
>Eddy: "Go get him Ed!"
>Ed barks once

The execution was perfect

Yes

>Although I don't get the shipping deal either
>Anybody
>Shipping anything from this show

For what purpose

It's kids hanging, exploring their neighborhood, and making cool DIY stuff our of stuff laying around.

It's probably still to this day the only show with this to offer. The only show that comes close is KND.

I feel like a part of my soul is a little more complete
Thanks user
>1:15-1:21
Perfect

Stickin' Around was the Canadian equivalent to kids being kids but with overactive imagination spots.

yeah, what is wrong with the fanbase besides that?

Wtf?Interesting...strangerly I predicted this show was related to Aeon Flux as soon as I clicked on the video

I just hated watching those poor edition boys get it so badly after every episode.

A slapstick cartoon about kids being kids don't really come around much.

No idea. I was born in 86 and always hated the fucking show. There was not a single redeemable thing about it. I'll never understand the love for it.

Personally, I think that the age of the viewer matters a lot more in cartoons than it does in other types of media, and this might be a reason why it's hard to appreciate Ed, Edd n Eddy.
The fact that you don't like Arthur might make it easier to make this point. Arthur was a great introductory show for kids learning how to follow a storyline. Until about age four or five, I think most toddlers have trouble following a ten-minute storyline. Before that, kids generally watch shows with shorter sketches (Sesame Street and Between The Lions come to mind). Although both of those shows tend to have themes for the episodes, it's not hugely important that the audience follows the plot to be entertained. Arthur generally moves at a slow pace, the situations are generally pretty realistic (If you don't consider the fact that the characters are all animals), and the main character tends to be relate-able, so for a lot of kids, it was their first structured television show.
We should also consider that Arthur aired on PBS, which meant that you didn't have to have cable to watch it. If you were born in 1998, most households -probably- had cable or satellite TV at that point, so you had many more options. I was born in 1994, so when I was growing up, there were still plenty of kids with cable TV, but we still talked about Arthur a lot because it was a show that was available to everyone. Maybe 60 percent of the class had seen Blues Clues, but everyone had, at some point, seen Arthur. Basically, by the time you were at that -very- specific age that Arthur caters to, you probably had more options, and most of your friends probably had those options too. Arthur is a simple show. But it's heartwarming, and for a lot of people, it's the first television show that they understood and that made them feel that way, which gives it a whole lot of sentimentality. In comparison to other shows, Arthur might fall short, but when I was a kid it was extremely culturally relevant.

SLIDE ON THE SLOAP

I have no idea.

Are you my brother?

Given that you were born in the same year as him, so.

Watch from 9:00 onward.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhY22HVaX4Y

He's from Norway.

It was comfy and cartoony.
just it.

is the Clarencce from the 90s

It's a reference to SU's showrunner. She made slash fanart for this show.

good taste user, 10/10 I love SU

I take it your favorite show is Steven Universe and you're pissed that Hillary lost?

It's a well done, nicely animated imaginative show with a good premise and intelligent writing that doesn't try to show off but just does a good job being what it is.