Spoils the how the big set piece of this movie is resolved

>Spoils the how the big set piece of this movie is resolved
>Spoils Iron Man showing up there
>Spoils how shitty the CG will look(and don't fucking tell me it will be fixed. This is the final product. We said the same thing about TASM2 and X:Apocalypse)

What went fucking wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IFupzTT7ENg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This movie is just a means to an end. part of a contract. The studios don't actually give a shit about it.

>What went wrong?
People started caring way too much about "spoilers". I have to imagine idiots like you immediately hate a story once you finished it because you now know what happened.

Seriously, get over yourself.

We also said the same thing about GOTG, an actual MCU product, and the CGI did show a marked improvement in the final production.

At least we know what the stakes and villains are unlike that other trailer for that piece of shit WB movie that came out recently that I won't mention

Looking at you IT

>People started caring way too much about "spoilers"

They really didn't have to show Ironman showing up in that scene, though.

>Daily reminder the majority of this movie was filmed in a studio in Atlanta
>Daily reminder the previous Spidey movies were filmed in NYC
>Daily reminder the majority of this movie's scenes will happen inside a building or on an obvious soundstage
>Daily reminder shitty CGI, green screen, and establishing shots will be used as a stand in for NYC

>Not wanting the movie to spoil its biggest plot points in trailers
>"Caring too much"

I bet you're one of those autistic faggots who reads spoilers for upcoming movies you want to see.

And? That's how it is for most movies

It doesn't matter. What matters is if that scene is any good or not.

I really do not understand this obsession with spoilers. Not once in my life has knowing what's going to happen in a story ahead of time affected my enjoyment of it. Maybe I'm just crazy for caring more about the execution of storytelling rather than some fleeting feeling of surprise.

/r/marvelstudios is leaking

We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.

Seriously. Movie trailers have been spoiling entire films since the 30s.

youtube.com/watch?v=IFupzTT7ENg

>This persecution complex
Dude

>if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out
Seriously what is up with this? I realize its just Sup Forums and Sup Forums but still.

New pasta

>Spoils how shittg the CG will look

Better use this as a screencap next time, making it a pasta gives the feel you're trying to trick people or something

Contrarianism.

MCU is popular so it's bad.

DCEU is not popular so it's good and misunderstood.

And it's particularly pervasive because DC directors and producers encourage that viewpoint in their diehard fans.

Its not an obsession.

Its perfectly fine to state that it kinda sucks they'd show that, shill. Its not like it was needed. The scene was already perfect for a trailer.

Honestly, I'm a much bigger MCU fan but the JL trailer was way better. It actually looked hype as fuck without giving the full movie away. We haven't even seen Superman or Steppenwolf yet, for one thing. Now, the movie itself actually being good is another thing, though.

JL's only the first trailer tho

>It actually looked hype as fuck
I couldn't feel it. Aquaman looks fun i guess

It may seem a bit over the top but it's all true and while I'm aware the double standard blade cuts both ways it's just impossible to talk about anything MCU without people blowing everything out of proportion just to shit on it.

And while you can make the same argument for the DCEU, popular opinion, critic reviews, sharp theater attendance drop-offs, insider leaks, etc all seem to support an overly negative view of the end product. That doesn't mean the DCEU doesn't get shit on unfairly on occasion, but calling it how it is still isn't the same thing as attacking the MCU with endless meme attacks and shitposting.

Screencapped for fucking truth.

Thing is, these movies don't have anything else going for them except for "cinematic universe easter eggs" (the post-credit scenes always get more talk than the movies themselves second only to whatever week-long controversy might arise) and "accuracy of characters' looks"

They're terribly plotted, boringly scripted, poorly directed, awfully staged, soullessly acted, focus-tested-to-death lists of executive desicions made into ugly huge asspackages

That's just, like, your opinion, man

This is Sony not Marvel.

I dunno man, all I know is that it's super fucking annoying to go into a thread about a DCEU movie and have the third post be someone like "top kek who cares about the DCEU when MARVEL HAS SPIDER-MAN COMING OUT!!" And then the thread gets derailed.
It annoys me when DCEU fans do it in Marvel threads too, but don't act like Marvel fans are some hated group that aren't allowed to be fans of their product.

Are you talking about the MCU or DCEU, because the MCU seems to have found a happy medium between executive mandated formulas and artistic quality. Not that they couldn't be better, but you're really just projecting everything wrong with the DCEU onto the MCU at this point.

It was the legitimately good visuals, coupled with the less pretentious and more fun mood (which by the way, is SUCH a fucking relief after how seriously MoS and BvS both took themselves and how much of a drag the latter was), some snippets of good action and the music that did it for me. Just hearing that cover of Come Together while seeing Mera for those two seconds legitimately gave me chills. Doesn't hurt that the visuals and action mostly look really damn good too.

I've always felt like if Snyder were to just get the fuck over himself and quit trying to be pretentious, and just make a fun, action-packed movie, it might just be good, since he really is an astounding visual director and JL is the closest thing to that he's made so far, judging from the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie ended up sucking anyhow but one thing about Snyder's movies is that he's really good about getting good trailers made for them.

I hope Aquaman isn't just Dudebroquaman.

Neat, a new pasta.

Snyder is a master of making god tier trailers, not good movies unfortunately.

Still a work in progress, doubt I'll ever bother finishing it.

THIS

this is why we need to ban DC and it's fucking cancer fanbase

No, there's no sense in banning one of the big two, this is just something we're going to suffer with. For all we know it's Marvel/Disney hiring people to act like idiot DC shills so everyone will hate DC fans, because I can't honestly imagine Warner Bros hiring shills to act so obnoxiously toxic.

I'm basing my opinion on two Avengers movies, Guardians and the last two Captains. I can't really judge DCEU because I haven't seen SS and am not planning to, but the way I see it, the Snyder movies got the exact amount of creative freedom I'd like to see in such films which is why we've got what we've got.

>implying the CGI one isn't legit
>implying the Dr Strange one isn't legit
>implying the Tony ones isn't legit

>Guardians and the Cap movies (especially TWS)

>terribly plotted, boringly scripted, poorly directed, awfully staged, soullessly acted, focus-tested-to-death

>Spoils the how the big set piece of this movie is resolved
If you're talking about the ferry, you're objectively wrong. In the same fucking trailer we see Tony take back the suit, then in the homemade one, Peter goes off to fight Vulture. THATs the big set piece.

>Honestly, I'm a much bigger MCU fan but the JL trailer was way better. It actually looked hype as fuck
Top laugh friend. I'm fully expecting this to be the worst DCEU movie yet.

Is Gal Gadot just incapable of making any other face?

>Zionism Woman with the charisma of a plank of wood and always the only "I'M ACTING" face
>Cyborg is literally Green Lantern all over again
>Aquaman is the only fun-looking character of the bunch but he has a costume that blends with the damn wall

I don't know what to think

The thing is, with BvS we very clearly learned that trailers can be misleading. So hell, what do i know, maybe this boring shit is hiding a decent movie, somewhere

>Oh shit, the all changing moment in comics, where Spider-Man summons up every ounce of strength to finally- Oh wait Iron Man just pushes it back together then Spidey whines that he's nothing without the suit Tony made him.

I can't stand her, holy moly

My guess has been it isnt the big set piece, it will seem like his big moment at first then the resulting failure we saw and later on he may do something inpressive. Or the movie was trying to just say "he isnt strong enough for his own big save yet" and will have no impressive feat until the next movie.

>Spiderman has to learn about responsibility

How awful

Sort of. It's more about how characters get from Situation A to Be to Z. But they showed too much.

Whereas GotG2 trailer has given little away.

>SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

The fucking joke of "Spoillleeerss!" wasn't even a thing until like, 15 years ago. Seriously, do modern generations really think this is a problem or that it's even isolated to them? Are they really that egotistical or unaware of things that happened before their time?

>>Spider-Man has to learn about responsibility
More like
>Spider-Man needs help from Iron Man to do a feat of strength similar to a huge famous one from the comics

Also Gunn has a meticulous aesthetic sense.

Many directors don't, sadly.

>think he could possibly hold two halves of a ferry together from sinking

Spider-Man is really strong, but that's impossible. Especially for a live-action version.

for a Peter that's been Spidey for less than a year I think having a mentor is fine. He's still learning, and it looks like he'll get taught good by Vulture in this one

Marvel is making with sony budget.

What expression is this?

How do you know there's not gonna be another scene where he pulls it off alone near the end, how do you know it's not just a set up? You're projecting that famous scene to a random one from a movie you haven't seen yet

> Says he is nothing without the suit Tony made him. Pay attention to what Tony says in response to that, user.

That's the point of his arc; he succeeds WITHOUT Tony's suit, thus truly becoming Spiderman.

Why doesn't Sony just continue the Raimi series? That's the only one that was actually any good.

>later on he may do something inpressive
like with a plane or something

more people will go to watch a movie that has been completely spoiled because they are more willing to spend money to see something they already know will be tolerable to something that COULD be good but is a risk

blame human psychology

I'm a model so I've been trained to make this same sexy stare that is easily touched up in photoshop.

I don't see how that would help anything without Raimi and the whole bunch back

Last I checked, Raimi and Toby aren't dead.

That's a big plane

Last i checked Raimi has an integrity that made him abandon the series in the first place

I just want the sinister six goddammit

>its the various faces she makes when she sees you peepee

Apparently not enough to keep him from doing Oz the Great and Powerful.

>acknowledge they were great after they come out

Stopped reading right there

That movie was very Raimi-esque, what are you talking about? He's not too high for corporate movies, it's more about the liberties he can take. Sony wasn't allowing him to do his thing with SM3, not only they forced him to do Venom, they didn't even have the budget to do it properly (hence why the symbiote literally just drops in the movie with a meteorite). So he was disheartened and didn't feel like proceeding with a 4th movie

Obviously Disney made him happy enough for Oz

>Wanting to watch Baby's First Spider-Man

Pretty lame.

>Not wanting to watch the next best MCU movie yet

pretty fucking stupid

The big set piece of the movie isn't the climax MCU shill. What was the big set piece for Iron Man 3? The house attack. The climax? The final battle with Killian.

>What went fucking wrong?
they turned Peter into Miles.

It would have been alright if he had been Miles. Miles gets shit done with his cool venom blast.

But Miles is just black Peter

I'm sure he'd be willing to continue it if Sony gave him more creative freedom. Surely they can see that they have nothing without him.

You don't seem to understand, but the MCU is actually good. This movie is literally a fucking turd, how can it be the best?

nothing. looks great.

everything. looks awful

You see them showing you how they completed the big set piece.
I see the fact that they tease that what we thought was the big set piece was only the second act and that there is a whole extra section where he goes back to his roots and proves he is Spider-Man without the Starktech suit.

It means there is actually a big set piece AFTER the big set piece.

Nothing

Everything

>>Spoils Iron Man showing up there
Yeah, keeping the guy they're using to put asses in seats secret was clearly the way to go.

DELETE THIS!

Why the fuck did he cannonball into someone's pool?

He sure as fuck wasn't invited. What a fucking faggot. Is he a neanderthal? Cringiest shit I ever did see.

No he's fucking not stop regurgitating everything you read on this shit board

Peter Parker is intelligent, funny, and has no friends.
MCU Pete is intelligent, but not funny, has his own version of Ganke, and acts like a fanboy.
And Midtown is a private school now, you know who else goes to a private school? Miles.

I rather have boring ass Miles be the MCU Spider-Man they already stole so many elements from him.

Instead we have "Peter Parker".

>Literally remake Spidermans 2 train scene again with a very slight distinction

>Spoils how shitty the CG will look
>Imageworks, the guys who did the SM3 Sandman scene
>BAD CG

Are you retarded?

>No Big Pussy this time

or was it the guy who played Ray's brother

Part of the appeal of the character is that he is learning on his own and breaking his face on his own. Having a mentor that can literally craft a suit of armor for him that makes him better is character assassination, it's like having a scene where Batman fucking murders a bad guy with a machine gun in a car chase.

And every Superman story has him saving a crashing plane. Who cares?

>a good company studio can't phone it in and make shit.

Homecoming's CG looks nasty.

Please don't attempt to make claims of fact when you have no knowledge of the subject matter.

Where are you reading that Tony's suit makes him better? The trailer is going for the exact opposite point

Nigga Imageworks makes the best CGI in the entire film industry. When a movie is shit, it's not their fault because they have a bunch of people who put in WAY too much effort in the special effects.

Remember Pixels? Nobody could talk shit about the CGI because that wasn't the problem with the movie as a whole, it was probably one of the only good things about it. If Homecoming is shit, it won't be the CGI that's the cause of that.

With no survivors?

None of the live action Spideys have been funny.

>I'm nothing without the suit.
He literally says it. He's useless without the gimp suit Tony made him.

Character development. Ever heard of it?

they did in TASM2 with a bus.