Was he even that good of an animator to begin with?

was he even that good of an animator to begin with?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OneyNG/status/846610903709601792
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For an Newgrounds animator, yes.

his craft was crude, what made him good was his comedic timing and sense of humor and voice acting. it's like family guy, the actual animation doesn't really matter, it's all a vehicle for the writing and the jokes.

It worked for the humor he was going for.

I'm certain he's said numerous times that he drew the series to look as goofy and not good as possible, like Ren & Stimpy without quality. As an artist he draws just fine, and he can animate well when he feels like it. I think the intro to Kitty Kat Gaming is pretty good, if simple.

He basically did the right stuff at the right time. The Newgrounds days were when crude "random" humor was as its peak.

all an animator really need is a basic knowledge of the use of perspective and tons of people whoring in your ear to work.
He had both

He's been shit at everything. Game Grumps is his most successful project and it wouldn't have gotten off the ground if it wasn't for Jon.

Also his story about white knighting his girlfriend to date him is still the funniest thing I've ever heard

This.
>GOD THIS FUCKIN' LIP
>Game Grumps is his most successful project
No, Game Grumps was pure cancer from the very beginning, just like any other let's play channel. The start of GG was precisely when he stopped doing regular animations.

Your opinion of GG doesn't change it's success.

>I don't know what success means

Jon made GG good

then he was booted

ding dong and julian made the best GG episode in YEARs

gets kicked out and gets oney kicked out of his place

The Güff Trüp LP is pretty much a defensive argument against the entire video genre of Let's Plays.

Not really, no, but he had potential to get better and his comedic timing and voice acting were good. Then he flushed it all down the fucking toilet because screaming at video games on youtube gets you more money.

Goof troop, Sonic 06 and Hit and Run are all you need to see from GG.

Maybe the D Club Ninjabread man and the Katamari follow up.

It's not his fault YouTube made it basically impossible to make a profit off animation anymore.

Why do you think Sleepy Cabin exists now?

>Sleepy Cabin
>existing

He was above average, but not amazing. He was in the right place at the right time, and he totally knows that. Then he got lucky again with Game Grumps and how it picked up steam during the Let's Play Craze.

And he knows that he's not gonna be able to get lucky a third time but doesn't want to admit it to himself, which is why he tried to get into Music and now live-show and vlog-type videos, to try and strike lighting again. He's networking with famous people now to try and get hooks to cling onto, but it's not gonna be enough in the long run.

Never said it was his fault, just that it's what happened.

>Why do you think Sleepy Cabin exists now?
It doesn't?

>gets kicked out and gets oney kicked out of his place
What's this?

There was a third episode recorded between Chris, DD&J, and Arin but wasn't released.

In it Arin goes on about how "there aren't enough women in video games"(there are). And then Julian says, well, you've been in video games and we've seen those cross dressing pictures.

Of which Arin got super mad and chased J out of the studio (remember, OP is technically under GG which is owned by Arin, the high school drop out).

Chris attempted to mediate and supported J, Chris has also been living with Arin and Suzy since Sleepy Cast ended.

Chris got evicted because he went against Arin.

This is why all the episodes they have up right now are old ones.

Sauce?

I think he's still a good animator. Just gotta wait a long ass time for projects to come out.

Where are you getting this information?

his newgrounds stuff was good for the time but most of his animation doesn't age well

as for his let's plays his guests & co-hosts are what make game grumps not him. he's basically DSP if nobody ever called phil out on his bullshit.

There is no source.

Right out of his asshole.

Chris's since deleted tweets.

Based Julian. He and Ding Dong should have been in things sooner.

That nobody screencapped, huh? Nice try.

They did, thats how I know about it, I'm searching the subreddit right now.

Well if you're not pulling this out of your ass and you do find screencaps, that'll be pretty fucking interesting, but I doubt it.

>searching the subreddit right now.
AKA making bullshit mockups of tweets that never happened because you have no life.

Arin detected

This. It's really easy to stand out against a sea of shit being churned out daily. Simply knowing how to draw let alone animate would be enough to gain you some fame on NG.

Well if he can link to the thread on there where it was discussed then I'll believe it.

>white knighting his girlfriend to date him

Wait what?

There's nothing to link to.

This shit would have been all over Sup Forums the second it happened.

But he barely does any animation anymore. Like Ross, he just does choppy animation frames and sends them off to someone else to add in the extra frames to make it look smoother. All those animated StarBomb vids Arin "did" were done with the help of other animators.

He did what he could with what he had. That's a perfectly reasonable excuse especially when he started out

twitter.com/OneyNG/status/846610903709601792

I'll keep looking but that was the last of the tweets.

Pretty sure this is directly aimed at Jontron.

he actually only even helped on like the first two I think, the rest are completely just done by other people and put on his channel

>He dropped out of High school to Animate
>Doesn't animate any more

That's about Jon though.

Long-Story Short
>Arin and Suzy are living in Florida
>Arin was dating Suzy while she was in highschool
>She Graduates
>Arin convinces her to sell all their stuff and move to California
>Before the move Arin breaks up with her
>Tells her she should stay in Florida
>He moves to Cali with the money
>Few months pass and Suzy is dating again
>Arin is doing a few flashes and living with his friends
>Can't keep a girlfriend
>Suzy gets serious with a guy
>Arin gets jealous
>Arin sees the Notebook and decides to write letters to Suzy everyday
>Doesn't even send them everyday. Just writes a ton and sends them in mass
>Suzy gets engaged to the guy
>Arin continues writing letters
>Trying to convince her to break off the engangment
>Suzy breaks up with the guy because he's abusive
>Arin tells Suzy to move to Florida with him
>She moves in with him and his friends
>They start dating again

Hey user, did you know that if you post your credit card number Sup Forums automatically censors it? Try it out.

Okay, so? I know I'm right, though.

Arin used SNATCH

No you don't.

How autistic do you have to be make up rumors about internet celebrities?

Arin deserves it. He's a fucking asshole. That's why it's my policy to believe anything negative about him. It's a meme worth spreading.

holy shit you really are autistic my bad dude

>In it Arin goes on about how "there aren't enough women in video games"(there are). And then Julian says, well, you've been in video games and we've seen those cross dressing pictures.

Based

I'm not the one who changed. Arin turned his back on flash animation (the thing that made him FAMOUS in the FIRST PLACE) and became a mindless Youtuber. Then he kicked out his only funny partner as well!

Fuck him, and fuck people like you who support him.

Given some of the SPICY OPINIONS Jon has been dishing out, I'm pretty sure Arin's not losing any sleep over that break up.

>Then he kicked out his only funny partner as well!

Who? Jon?

Didn't Jon leave on his own to move to New York?

Also again, if Arin could have his way I doubt he'd give up animation. The issue is that it's not what pays the bills anymore.

You're getting upset over a minuscule issue.

That New York story was just a cover. Jon was clearly pushed out.

No one forced him to become a shitty Let's Player. How about he gets a normal job and animates like how it was once his passion? Plenty of people still do that and they actually have credibility with me.

But no. Let's play Zelda with a 40 year old stoner Jew because that's not creepy.

he's not some amazing artist, but he's a cool guy who has a passion and gets to do what he loves. Although I like his work, even if I didn't I'd still respect the hell out of him.

Dan is the better grump though.

>People complaining about Arin or saying Jon or Dan are better grumps

Yeah, he's not someone I would really get along with... but in the format of the show? He's the main grump.

I'd prefer to hang with Dan a hell of a lot more than Arin, but Arin provides the rage/stupidity/whatever that they are able to riff off of. Dan had a really hard time doing it solo. Arin can do it solo.

In a duo I like Dan more, but the show has always needed Arin.

>That New York story was just a cover. Jon was clearly pushed out.
There is no coverup.

Jon didn't like the direction the channel was moving in and wanted it just him and Arin. Its that fucking simple.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. He has some pretty dumb opinions on what games should be and does cringey shit, but he's living some 1920s self-made man dream at this point. He's where I'd like to be in 10 years.

I'm sure they're desperate to earn your credit, faggot

>it's like family guy, the actual animation doesn't really matter, it's all a vehicle for the writing and the jokes.
And just like Family Guy, after it got really popular, everything took a nose dive.

Listen, queer, people like Arin have the right to fuck up their lives, but I have the right to call them out on their egotistical horseshit.

It's that simple.

You are a fucking cuck.

>fuck up their lives

he plays games with his buddies for a living, what the fuck are you talking about?

I'm starting to realize why Jon really left.

Weren't these guys just on Doodle Dudes? If Arin really had a problem with those guys, why would they get released?

I think the autist having a breakdown here is just spreading lies.

He didn't animate that intro. He hasn't done animation in years. Everything uploaded to the Egoraptor channel is by people he paid to imitate his style.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Yeah didn't they do a whole simpsons episode with them too? Arin and them?

I wonder if Dan gets depressed when he remembers he's a 40 year old man whos biggest success in life is entertaining autistic 12 year olds on the Internet by sitting on a couch for hours watching his fat autistic friend(who has a hot wife btw) suck at video games and make poop jokes.

Check Jontron and Oney's twitter! I linked to the wrong thing but it's there. Arin kicked Oney out because he's an SJW bitch.

holy shit are you gonna cry

Still my all time favorite reaction face from the series.

It's not. You're making all of this up because you have severe autism.

I wonder if Dan ever just starts laughing to himself when he remembers that he's a 40 year old man that doesn't have to work in some bullshit soulless job, spends his days bullshitting about videogames or making music he likes, and still is more successful than most people on the planet in spite of the nonsense he gets away with doing.

I mean, he seems pretty fucking happy. He's been trying to make his comedy band work for years and it's finally happening for him.

What other goals should the guy have?

this is easily the biggest load of bullshit ever conjured by a fanboy autist I've ever witnessed

>We're living in dark times if simply disagreeing with an ideology or religion can lose you your job. Makes me sick

Where the fuck has he been for the last ten thousand years of human civilization? People getting kicked out of their jobs over their political opinions is something that has happened since people started living together in huts. Ever since the modern american left wing and right wing has been a thing, people on both sides have been getting thrown out on their asses continually en mass. But apparently it doesn't matter until it happens to some youtuber in the least damaging way possible, by having them throw away five minutes worth of unpaid volunteer work. Then it's an outrage to rival all outrages.

I didn't make up the story! I got it from other people from two different subs. They linked to the twitter posts but they are deleted now.

What is so fucking hard to understand?

>(who has a hot wife btw)
That ship has sailed long ago. All that's left is Fetal pig face suzums. Because she got fat.

user, stop. Nobody believes you.

He's the 40 year old man with a medicore singing voice telling himself he's the next thing in his 80s fantasy world.

Also he most likely sleeps with teens, which is gross.

This doesn't make sense. Why would Arin get upset at that? It's a joke and for fuck sakes he was cross-dressing as a joke in an old Jontron video. I'm calling bullshit.

You literally aren't fooling anyone. You have the burden of proof. You fucking autist.

Well,those twelves year old's must get pretty bored when he talks about dope music from the 70s and 80s he enjoys/they've there to young to enjoy.

He seems like a cool guy to me,i don't get where all the hate comes from,to each his own i guess.

It only "worked" once he got connection with Arin and the Grumps. Before Jon left I NEVER, EVER heard of Dan in my life. And I doubt others did as well.

Ehhh... I see your point, but let's not pretend society hasn't evolved since the Spanish Inquisition.

Yeah, having the wrong opinions can get you kicked out of certain organizations or jobs, but we've also passed laws protecting workers' rights as well when dealing with politics. E.g. your boss can't legal threaten you to vote for someone, and you can't be legally fired because your boss discovered you're a Jewish person.

But either way, those video game people had every right to remove Jon from their game, even if I don't like it. It's their fucking game, not a free speech issue.

you've got some nuts calling anyone else mediocre

Yeah you really got him, his life sure is fucked. How will he ever recover from being a millionaire video-game player?

Get help.

Randy Solemn fucking died while this asshole lives

There is no justice

They spend all day every day recording footage for three episodes per day, not to mention doing Starbomb, and live shows around the country or just in Cali.

I doubt he's living the good life. Plus, recent thing that get's talked about on Sup Forums when these things pop up is fading relevancy. I mean, Game Grumps won't be around forever, can you imagine a 40 year old Arin and a 60 year old Dan doing Game Grumps by the 2040s? What are they gonna do when time runs out and it's time to either do something else or get a real job.

So?

That's how most things work in the entertainment industry. Connections, lucky breaks, and perseverance.

yes
they've been retweeting fanart of the episode too so the autist throwing a fit can't say "it doesnt count because it was probably recorded months ago"

I like both Jon and Dan, and would like it a lot if they got together and made their own let's play channel separate from Arin "Talks the Talk, but Can't Walk the Walk" Hanson.

I hadn't heard of him either, but what's your point? Plenty of creative people get their big break for weird reasons or through shameless networking.

I work in comics; it's not a fair business, just like any other creative field. But if an artist can find their niche and do well in it, good for him/her, I say.