THE CW’S BLACK LIGHTNING ARRIVES IN ELECTRIFYING FIRST IMAGE

How you want your costume, pham?

>Cress Williams’ “Black Lightning” is here! The CW has released the first look at their latest superhero Jefferson Pierce, aka Black Lightning, in a new character poster.

cbr.com/black-lightning-first-look-poster/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

I don't like how it looks like a tech suit, but whatever.

well there goes all my hype

that looks atrocious, especially the goggles

The outfit looks decently cool aside from the exposed finger on his left hand. I don't think this will go more than a season, and that probably not 23 episodes.

Mike Pence photoshop when?

hes fat as fuck

I'm the only one who thinks that black people is incapable of being heroes?

>no afro/mask combo

I guess it's okay

>aside from the exposed finger on his left hand
?
He's clearly wearing fingerless gloves

Lose the goggles,make the lightning bolts on his chest more yellow and this is an excellent costume.

THICC

Didn't know Andre the Black Nerd was starring in this

Really? I actually really like the googles, I'm kinda tired of domino masks.

you sound retarded

Edgy. Also, learn 2 English.

I strangely like 90s the best, it makes me kind of feel the street level of it

Where is he going to be? It is a new show?

slut cleavage is objectively always the best option

its on the CW, that means its going to be complete shit.

>Despite sharing a producer in Greg Berlanti, Fox’s “Black Lightning” won’t cross over with the Arrow-verse shows airing on The CW. In January, Berlanti said that if “Black Lightning” exists, he doubts the character will team up with any other heroes. “I don’t think so,” Berlanti said at the time. “If we’re lucky enough that that exists, that that show exists, I don’t think those worlds will cross over.” However, seeing as the pilot has just shifted from Fox to The CW and the same was said about “Supergirl,” it’s hard to rule anything out.

Is this an actual grown man on the cw?

back to Sup Forums dick weed

Also you're missing BATB, but i guess it was close to the Year One hoodie version

:^)))))))))))))))))))

Yeah but his daughters are young so that's where you'll get the drama. Probably similar to Riverdale where you get parallel plots.

Came here to post this desu

The clear glass over his eyes kills it for me

Other than that its a pretty sweet costume

actually that doesnt matter, look at iron fist. shit can be anywhere

Until it gets cancelled and goes to CW.

this seems very counter productive to anyone still involved in trying to get that Static show going.
Gonna guess that's dead already if this is actually moving along

>Berlanti just cuts the bullshit relationship drama and goes straight for dad drama
The man knows his audience, I'll give him that.

superman batman is best

nice beard

I bet his daughters are white or at least mix raced.

I'm not convinced that was ever really a thing. Only rumor was the Smith kid being involved but no creators or anything were attached.

I think they were both cast already. Both black

Racist and illiterate? I'm not surprised.

They were cast already

They've been full black in recent animation and such. Don't think they'd change it.

While I like Black Lightning, I can't understand why they chose him instead of Static, a character that is part of the same archetype AND has a fanbase already.

Here's hoping Virgil eventually joins the series.

What do you have againts illiterate people? Stop being such a piece of shit bigot.

which means they'll be dating white boys

>show about a middle-aged superhero on CW
Berlanti can get CW to do whatever he wants, cant he?

>Black Lightning
>Lightning not black

Wew

Probably going to include his daughters to tell stories around the fatherhood angle.

Yepyep. He's their golden boy now.

one of them dates an Asian chick (Grace Choi) traditionally, not sure if she'll be in this though

I wanted Static. Which universe will he be in? With Supergirl or with Arrow, Flash, and Legends?

He's Morrison of CW

>black guy
>show about fatherhood
They are really pushing the suspesion of disbelief there.

A red headed Amazonian Asian chick

A-user I can only get so erect

Probably the Earth-1 from Arrowverse, the same as Arrow and Flash.

Maybe DC still have problems with the Milestone characters?

with tattoos

What shows about black guys AREN'T largely about fatherhood?

She didn't really appear outside of Outsiders, did she?

Any documentary

Static could still be possible as a young man with the same ability who needs a mentor.

>Grace CHOI
>Ryan CHOI

Are they familiar or something?

Choi is a common last name, like Smith

It's a common family name

Oh, didn't knew that. Thanks for the heads up

Not really, same as Anissa.

They even snuck her into one of those DC Nation shorts a few years ago (one of the daughters was texting her)

1. Milestone rights are fucky

2. Static is black electric spider man. Black Lightning is a grown ass family man getting back into heroing. Two different character types and plot and settings.

The Cast.

JEFFERSON PIERCE / BLACK LIGHTNING (Cress Williams)

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his students and hero to the local community, Jefferson is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Behind his model citizen image, however, he hides a great secret: He was once a meta-human vigilante with the power to manipulate electricity, who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago to protect his family. But with a star student being recruited by a local gang and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning.

that's cute, and subtle so no one would reasonably bitch

LYNN STEWART (Christine Adams)

>Jefferson's ex-wife, Lynn exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with, she can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. Although life has drove her away from Jefferson, they share an unique bond and are both wholeheartedly dedicated to their daughters, Anissa and Jennifer.

It's a bit too busy for me. Take away some lines and add some solid blue/black and it'd have been fine

ANISSA PIERCE (Nefassa Williams)

>Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent, as well as intense and passionate. Anissa has great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school. Bearing the same strong sense of justice as Jefferson, Anissa is determined to protect her students from the Los Angeles's criminal underworld, even if it puts her life on the line.

Given >But with a star student being recruited by a local gang

I don't think you're too far off on that

MUH DICK

MUH DICK

It's a relatively common Chinese name

JENNIFER PIERCE (China Anne McClain)

>Jefferson’s younger daughter and a beautiful and agile scholar athlete. She is a student at Jefferson's school and the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak, Jennifer doesn't hesitate in the face of danger, and sometimes appears to throw herself in its way, to Jefferson's consternation.

Also the YJ version, but I guess that's mostly 00's with literal black lightning.

>entitled feminist

Aren't they all

even in comics the lightning is inconsistently black, it's a cool effect though

this going to be another based Black Dad?

Straight outta Injustice 2's Gear System

>not black lightning
>also not black lightning

lol

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner
So Curtis' friend?
>who is now principal of a high school
I can respect that
>in South Central Los Angeles.
>But with a star student being recruited by a local gang and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning.
GTO shenanigans. I'm sold
>A father figure to his students and hero to the local community
Joe West the Electric Man. Again, sold.
>He is devoted to his two daughters
>remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn.
Poor bastard

I'm on board Berlanti.

Was she on one of those diseny shows. Ant farm or something. Or is China just a popular name and i didnt notice.

She probably was

is he supposed to be tech based?

does he have a tech guy who made the suit?

I think it's a bit too busy, also the lenses in the goggles should be opaque.

So is this a black show?

I think that is the Disney chick

Considering CW's love for leather and jackets, I'm surprised they didn't go Year One/OG 70's
Unless he doesn't immediately start with the suit

WE WUZ DA NEW HEROS WHIT BOYS
YOU JEALOUS WE FIKI FIKI YO WOMYN
WE WUZ L TOO YO NIGGAS AND WE WILL SOON BE THE BATMAN!
BOW TO YOUR NEW KANGS BIGGER THAN SNOOP DOG SHIZZLE

Static when

What are the chances that he starts training some teenage meta humans to fight crime and some of them go off to San Francisco to start a crime fighting team?

Every show has a tech guy

Maybe it could be Blue Devil

I like it.

HA!

DC and Milestone's relationship is a bit strained IIRC

He's not tech based.
He and Blue Devil would team up sometimes in the comics right?

It's okay I guess. I can't expect anything better from CW.

Season two.

Or the second half of season one.

that's really funny

Static is kind of in a place between space and time