Netflix's Death Note was better than the anime. Don't be a fucking weeb

Netflix's Death Note was better than the anime. Don't be a fucking weeb.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfcIdt4oQqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>black

oooh I'm getting insulted by a nigger lover

it's better than what the critics said. same thing with the ghost in the shell movie.

The anime doesn't even factor into it: this flick is pure and utter shit with no redeemable qualities. The only people who watched it were nu-flix subscribers, and third-worlders who want to keep up with Western media no matter the quality.

It completely missed the point of the anime. Willem Dafoe actually good as Ryuk though.

Only because the concept of Death Note runs out of steam about 7 episodes in the anime.

Two dozen cameras? How fucking retarded

Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=EfcIdt4oQqI

it was awful

>"Imma write your name down Ryuk"
>"Closest any human has gotten is the first two letters"
Ignoring that in the original that shit wouldn't work the book literally said "Don't trust Ryuk".

Also Light screams like a girl and his girlfriend had to drag him along instead of the otherway around. Light is supposed to be a god damned genius not a faggot with no spine.

Shame it only does a downward spiral from then on

Why make a bait thread if you aren't going to put any effort into it?

This. It captured on the post 80's, 80's vibe better than Stranger things. animufags are putting their shitty cartoons on an undeserved pedestal.

>DIS NOT LIKE MUH ANIMES

this Light is pathetic.

Not like that's very impressive. The first half of the anime is decent, but the second half is fucking awful

Like most anime it has terrible pacing.

this is death note on soros.

This movie was ducking great, I haven't laughed that hard in ages

Someone post the running webm

can you even watch webms phoneposter?

>like most anime over 10-13 episodes

FTFY

Yes

Let's see Watari's card.

not being enough like the anime isn't a valid criticism, tell us why the changes to light make it less enjoyable to watch. hint: it's very difficult to do objectively.

You realise this the more anime you watch, started to notice every series over 12 episodes inevitably gets shit or boring in the middle.

There are a few exceptions of course where long animes are actually well paced, most are not though.

Tfw so many half watched animes.

Trying to finish phantom at the moment it is like torture.

why does /fa/ dress like l now?

The movie tells us that Light Turner is supposed to be a genius, but at no point in the movie does he do anything you could consider clever. Hell his big plan with Watari is using the death notes ridiculous ability to make someone do whatever the fuck you want them to do, and then cancel their death if you want. My biggest complaint is that the notebook has way too few limits, and renders the whole plot pointless

but then you are fishing all together or we had the cohecidencia of having someone playing a net here in / tv /?

It's not bait. The movie was very good.

>watari's name was literally watari
this movie's script was so bad it has some moments where it looked good though

It's a very unwelcome change. Death Note should be a slow burning, high stakes David Fincher thriller, not an airy nostalgic horror/romcom

I’m no weeb but that’s an incorrect opinion.

I'm not even into anime and I thought Death Note was alright. I don't remember it having that annoying cat-girl NYAH shit. It obviously was a little farfetched, like how could L possibly prove that Light was killing people and sentence him to death?

>post 80’s 80’s vibe

There are films that have done that leagues better.

Take The Guest (by the same director). One of the best 80’s revivalist films out there, simply because it wasn’t a nostalgiafest and instead created a whole vibe and tone straight from a John Carpenter movie (with no direct references).

it was okay but Ls casting was horrid

>annoying cat-girl NYAH shit
Misa Misa?

>LARPs as "Kira" and writes down deaths that always happen immediately
This is where he failed. If you get Ryuk to manipulate the deaths immediately, L could easily narrow down the time zone of Kira. The Death Note allows for control of a person for 48 hours, so if he and his gf wanted to remain clean, they should have organized deaths to occur at random times.

Misa was perfect though.