How does it feel knowing this is will be the standard that future cartoon shows will be compared to for the next decade?

How does it feel knowing this is will be the standard that future cartoon shows will be compared to for the next decade?

feels good man

Good. Unironically best cartoon this decade.

this but unironically unironically

But my unironically was already unironic.

It's unironically the most ironic cartoon ever made unironically

Good things never die :)

for a price

It's going to be Steven fucking Universe and you know it.

Steven Universe hasn't had nearly the same cultural impact as Adventure Time. Or been nearly as good.

That's fine, AT is a pretty reasonable bench mark to compare things too

What I worry about is that everything going forward will be compared to and manage to fall short of AT

That's just a nightmare, like I love AT but its by no means the best show ever, but I wouldn't be surprised if people start failing to produce cartoons of even ATs quality

then again there is plenty of hope for good cartoons, its just all outside the major networks

I'm fine with that, AT is awesome and easily one of the best cartoons ever made. Adventure Time already has plenty of imitators style-wise, which is bright and colorful and fine for younger audiences. But what made AT a breakout success was just how much it appealed to adult audiences. That's what modern cartoonists should be trying to emulate the most, AT's palatability for adults and kids alike.

It's already pretty irrelevant and will just be nostalgia bait in a decade or so. Other shows have commanded far greater cultural impact but as soon as they're off the air they basically lose their power.

How does it feel knowing that for all the wonderful things they did right it was YOUR generation of animation that INSPIRED this one?

Its The Loud House that won the decade.
Beating Spongebob in the ratings, plus it already has a movie coming out.
Does Adventure Time still even have a movie in production? Does anyone even care?

>plus it already has a movie coming out.
What the fuck, Loudhouse has a movie? Really?
What the heck kind of plot are they gonna come up with to base a movie around?

>Its The Loud House that won the decade
At its peak, AT was pulling well upwards of 2 and even 3 million in the ratings for about 3 years. It's been on for 7 years and will have a total of 284 episodes.

Comparing TLH and AT in terms of success is absurd. Give it another couple of years first.

But it already has. You all said Steven Universe looked like Adventure Time with lolsorandom humor, you did it again with Gumball, Gravity Falls and even fucking Over The Garden Wall

Those numbers aren't impressive in the pre Netflix era. Spongebob and pretty much any Nicktoon got higher numbers than those.
Adventure Time gets pathetic ratings now. It's declined harder than any cartoon on air right now.

AT S1-4 really deserve all the praise it gets
Show was dexter laboratory/EEE/PPG/Bravo/Courage tier
Same about old RS.
Both fantastic shows. No other 10' cartoon is that close.

>Adventure Time gets pathetic ratings now.
They never air it except for new episodes. Most people aren't even aware its still on, and kids have no reason to be invested because they don't air re-runs.

I won't claim that's the only factor, but it's clearly a major one.