What's the Sup Forumsnsensus on Venture Bros?

What's the Sup Forumsnsensus on Venture Bros?

Top tier show, bottom tier production schedule.

Contender for greatest animated series of all time imo. At the very least, the smartest humor of any animated series.

the top tier

Top Five animated series of all time. Production Schedule has obviously been shit, but the product itself has been amazing.

I'd argue no show has ever constructed such a rich, in-depth and detailed universe so organically.

absolutely the best animated show of all time

been watching wince 2004, feels like every year I watch it again and love it more. Doc and Jackson are free to take all the time they need.

Did Kano really kill Jonas Venture or is he hiding something

You're three years too early to be having a Venture Bros thread

It's basically made 90% by two underpaid people in a shitty cramped new york apartment that, as far as I can tell from the commentaries, is about on par with Dean's room when he interned for Professor Impossible. It's getting the same non-budget that Adult Swim gives to other flash tweened shows with child scribbled characters and backgrounds, despite the fact that VB looks like an actual proper production. The fact that they can make it at all under the circumstances is unbelievable, so if they take a little longer to do it, so be it.

They also been very vocal about the writting and idea process is possibly where they take the longest with.

Considering even the least stellar seasons of the show are still top quality i assume there's a ton of craft in their work.

Yeah, I'm totally fine with it taking forever.

It kind of sucks how they had to rush last season, because as fucked them by not telling the one hour special would be worth 2 episodes, but it was still pretty good.

I usually just purge VB out of my mind after a season ends so I don't miss it

21 becoming fuckable is the best thing to happen on Adult Swim ever.

I love it. One of my all time favorite shows, possibly my favorite.

Who knows. One of the only things I kind of dislike about the show is the misleading plot hooks. Sometimes it works great but other times, I don't know, I guess I get kind of frustrated. Jonas's fate is one of the things I kind of take issue with. I get that it's one of the big mysteries of the show and that they like to tease fans with potential information, but that question has been around for a looooong time. It's especially weird since I don't think his fate is meant to be a mystery in-universe, it's just the audience that isn't given the details.

Well, Brock asks Kano whether or not he killed Dr Jonas as if he really didn't know.

Rusty presumably doesn't know either, unless someone told him. He was a College, and I doubt he really cared to inquire.

It is tied with Rick & Morty for "Best [adult swim] Original Series".

One of the greatest cartoons of all time and the best example of auteurship in televised animation.

Seems like everyone with a sliver of taste loves it, the production schedule is just such shit that it'd be absolutely exhausting to call myself a "fan". I mean, I might as well be a fan of comets.

>I might as well be a fan of comets.
Fucking spot on

One of the best written shows of all time that's trapped in an abusive relationship with two prima donnas who insist on taking their sweet-ass time between each season and keeping their fans in the dark because they honestly couldn't give a fuck.

6 seasons in 13 years is fucking pathetic, more so now that they've trimmed the seasons down to nine episodes.

I love the show, but god help me, if I ever met D.H. And J.P. I'd probably throw a bucket of AIDS infected blood in their eyes

>if I ever met D.H. And J.P. I'd probably throw a bucket of AIDS infected blood in their eyes
Too bad that wouldn't kill them, dumbass. Learn Biology.

GUY WAS WAY BETTER RGAN AIDS. HAHA

I dont really keep up with it, but from what I've watched its a great show

Like I can watch any random episode and still be entertained