Is it much or little?

Is it much or little?

Other urls found in this thread:

celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/authors/alan-moore-net-worth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one half of one percent

Who doesn't have $4 million in their bank these days?

Gimme money, please.

For a comic book writer that owns very little of the properties he's most known for he's doing very well for himself.

Could be doing better

Alan Moore net worth: Alan Moore is an English writer who has a net worth of $10 million. Sorcery. celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/authors/alan-moore-net-worth/

No friends, no girlfriend, strict budget.
Strict. Budget.

You can get there in 10 years like me too.

No wonder his writing is so shit, he doesn't even have to try anymore.

That's true,

Well Geoff Johns, regardless of what you think of his work, at least puts some effort and he has done more than write for DC.

Teach me your ways.

Dude if you think you can just pull down 400k into savings in 10 years easily then you're a faggot. I'm not saying you didn't do it or whatever, but it's not /easy/

Ooh, I have no friends and am leeching off my family.
What's the game?

since when did comic book writers make....anything?

I thought that was more of a passion project that they were happy to starve for

Are you retarded? It's a fucking job.

Job that normally pays about 30-40K a year

what's that estimate based on

because if it's based on the joint estate of a 50 year old living in NYC, most of it might actually be his house

plus i don't know what his wife does but writers tend to need someone well-paid to cover the inevitable points when there's no writing selling

life tip, kids: if you're going to freelance, don't get in relationships with other freelancers unless they're like plumbers or cab drivers or something

so Bendis is an outlier

You know, I'm happy for Moore. I'm happy he has a comfortable living in England and is world-renowned as the greatest living comic book writer. I'm happy he didn't get ground into shit like Kirby or Ditko or some of the pioneers of the Silver Age.

It's not a matter of selling at the big 2. You get contracted to do work and paid by page. And Bendis is always on like 3+ ongoings.

yes but he pays taxes on his income, has like five kids, etc etc

plus sites like this are notoriously inaccurate, for all we know his stalker put that figure up

total asspull

Nigger Bendis no only has a marvel exclusive contract which likely gives him a fairly substantial base salary but the dude has been doing a minimum of 3 ongoings for a decade at top page rates.
Bendis is an absolutely awful writer but he is clearly a financially successful one

If he makes 300 a page (not insane for their top writer), at 22 pages an issue, 3 books a year he makes $237,600 a year before taxes. He likely also makes a 6 figure base on his exclusive deal.
He also had a show made from his comic, Powers.

Bendis also isn't a work-for-hire writer.

He is part of the small "Marvel mafia" of individuals who have complete job security. Quesada, Bendis, and a few others fall into this and don't simply rely on getting paid per page and having to actively beg for work like everyone else.

Yes, as I said, a likely six figure base. He definitely still gets paid a page rate though. The cash upfront is just to keep him a marvel exclusive. A noncompete bonus.

It isn't to keep him from going to other companies though, it is because of nepotism. Quesada literally said that Cho would never be out of a job while he was in charge. This arrangement with Bendis has continued on through Alonso all because of how much internal power Bendis has centralized over his tenure.

He also gets paid to teach classes on comic book writing in Portland.

Eh, little column A, little column B.

anything Bendis makes sells big time and then they make a movie or TV show and he gets paid again a second time

that and his job as a professor on the side, and paid convention appearances, TV appearances, etc

dude has big money dripping out his ass

You guys are all forgetting one of the biggest sources for a writers income, royalties.

Far too much, comic writers and artists should be paid less so that books can be cheaper.

Wait, do you honestly, very seriously believe that Marvel and DC writers get paid royalties?

DC does pay out equity but it's not the same thing.

Marvel doesn't do shit though.

Yes but i was referring to collections mainly. Mark Millar told me he still gets a pretty big cheque for Red Son every year.

Though i was under the impression that writers of well-selling series got paid x% of profit for every sale after y.

Exactly.

I have to wonder who the fuck told that other user that you got fucking royalty checks over at DC and Marvel.

Too much

People involved with cape shit should make less than minimum wage

>Though i was under the impression that writers of well-selling series got paid x% of profit for every sale after y.

It is, I remember there was some kerfuffle about DC raising the threshold a couple of years ago. But a trade for a collection of like DCYou Martian Manhunter isn't going to meet that. Irrelevant for the vast majority of creators.

There's a royalty threshold for trades? I'm almost certain it only applies to single issues.

He's optioned most or all of his creator owned stuff.

He also writes about 27 books a month, so he's probably doing pretty well for himself just from that.

Bendis lives in Portland, not NYC.

I know Morrison got paid bonkers money for Serious House on a Serious Earth because he got a percentage of every book sold.

not much. An engineer can get to his age and get that money not in value, but in cash on the bank account.

>what's that estimate based on
thin air.
More accurately, they put a price on what the guy produced and how much he'd make if people bought it at full price right now.
marvel/DC worth shit because they don't own any of their work, so you only get the "value" of the name on the cover if you "buy" him.
You can say Notch is actually worth a billion because he did get that money. but for most of the people this site, it's speculation, and it disregards the fact that if those guys were even in need to "cash in", then they'd be in trouble and the value would be down. Stock market with companies is gambling for rich people, stock market for people is just retarded.