Is the big "Disney streaming service" just going to be Hulu?

Is the big "Disney streaming service" just going to be Hulu?

Isn't hulu the service where they just show ads? And you pay and you see more ads?

It would be cool if they had actual content in between ads.

I've literally never seen an ad on Hulu because it's $2 more a month for no ads except on some shitty Fox shows I don't watch anyway

pls go hulu shill

Bring back the greatest show of all time, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, or gtfo of my face

No. They bought out the company that made the streaming services for MLB, NHL, ESPN, and HBO (amongst others) for their own purposes. Hulu still has say from Comcast/NBC and WB.

Once Disney buys Fox they'll own 60% though.

can an american help me to understand something? since there's the ultra-right wing in control right now, I thought they are in favor of lots of companies competition, why are they also in favor of one company buying out all the rest to create a monopoly that nobody can compete against?

Wow. Paying for the privilege to not be annoyed about products I will not buy, and actively will avoid.

It's all distorted in Americana, my way.

WELL FUCK YOU

Corporations hold the real power here, not government. Always have, always will.

realistically, how long until it's just disney or whatever else corporation that owns everything 100% and holds all the power more than the government? 10-20 years? sooner?

what are you planning on fighting back physically?

I'd much rather be ruled by Disney than the US government. At least corporations can be held accountable, governments can fuck you any way they want without consequence.

only if there's a government to hold them accountable

All I know is they're not going to make any money because everyone will just pirate.

Fuck paying for a bunch of streaming services; it's just turning into cable again.

Disney is trying to corner the market on entertainment but really isn't a big time player in the grand scope of things.

No retard, that's not how it works.

enlighten me.

there only is group a. they do something bad. group a investigates group a for any wrong-doing. group a did nothing wrong.

Disney wouldn't spend over $1 billion on that company unless they were serious about a service they would get 100% profit on.

Corporations aren't held accountable by governments, they're held accountable by the market.

can you explain how the market would hold a corporation that controls everything accountable? stop buying from the only source available? explain what the actual fuck?

Read Moldbug, kiddo.

that means nothing. explain or I win.

i pirated hulu's "Chance" and it was actually pretty kino