Why doesn't Mike like Dune?

Why doesn't Mike like Dune?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s13WBGn2shX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

probably because it's an incoherent mess

Mike doesn't want to do research to force himself to enjoy a movie.

Lynch doesn't even like Dune.

But it's almost a bit for bit recreation of the book.

I didn't really like Dune either until I read the book and watched it again.

It's a joke. He mentiohned a Lynch movie that was (supposed to be) completely straight-forward instead of the intentionally weird ones.

Mike's HUGE glaring flaw is that as a plotfag he massively undervalues the visual aspect of film.
He thinks a film lives and dies on its plotting.
That why he doesn't like things like El Topo or Lynch movies.

vocaroo.com/i/s13WBGn2shX0

Is Dune worth a watch?

No one likes Dune

Yes. Even if only as a companion to the book.

I like it.

I've never read the book

Go read the book faggot

Yeah it's like looking at the illustrations that were later added to the novel, but not reading the book.

There's little in the way of character motivation, and I have no idea what is actually resolved at the end. A lot of people didn't do their job.

No, watch the movie first.
Only bookfags get mad at the movie.

They are big guys for him

Correct. But after watching the movie, I read a book, and not I'm mad. Only thing I enjoy in it is soundtrack and casting. The rest is SHIIIIIIIIIT.

>But it's almost a bit for bit recreation of the book.

Even if it was, that still doesn't make it an even mediocre movie.

No it’s not

I can understand people not liking Dune, I mean that's fine, each to their own, it's a bit of hodge podge of ideas into a book very very hard to translate into a movie and a lot of people don't think well of it... however...

People who say they can't understand Dune? It's a pretty linear story and not complex at all? Are they just fucking stupid?

The first half is.
The second half is fucking awful, with it jumping around so much more than the books. All political and religious themes are thrown out of the window, the Jihad is barely present, and it's one of the most rushed films I've ever seen.
It's a disaster of a film, and I don't see how nice visuals (at parts) can make up for it.

>Only bookfags get mad at the movie.
False - it's bookfags that defend the movie, because of how the first half was done.
No one is stupid enough to defend the second half, and with great reason

Wasn't there a cut of the movie that made it really incomprehensible?

They had to hand out pamphlets that told the audience what everything was and what they meant, if you have to do that for a movie you fucked up

this is why his own films look like dogshit

because he's a top pleb just like every capeshit-first reviewer out there.

he's too busy liking true kino like Jurassic World and Independence Day Resurgence

>Jurassic World
Mike's into redheads
>Independence Day Resurgence
Mike loves Brent Spiner

It's simple.

Mike Stoklasa has become the very thing he once ridiculed. Look at the Avatar review for instance; he spends 90 minutes going on about Cameron's blatant pandering to the lowest common denominator, marveling (no pun intended) at Cameron's proficiency for manipulating the audience to make them feel how he wants them to feel, how he wants them to think.

Fast forward a couple of years later. Jurassic World is released -- its heavily established to be a soft reboot operating on the hype of faux-nostalgia and Pratt's recent Guardians of the Galaxy success.

Mike loves it. Hits all the right buttons. Really gets his inner manchild going. He basically reveres the film to Jay Bauman's utter disgust.

This is the first sign of Stoklasa's downfall, his immediate descent into the anti-thesis of Mr. Plinkett. He's become lazy, brainwashed, unwittingly indoctrinated into the modern Hollywood machine sculpted by the likes of Disney executives.

It's October 2015. Disney gets in touch with Red Letter Media. They offer him a deal he simply can't refuse; he's instructed to praise Disney's numbered Star Wars episodes while taking critical albeit nonsensical liberties with the standalone films, all the while consistently spewing a casual commitment to every Marvel film that is released. Mike and his goons are heavily compensated for this, successfully turning the likes of the internet's pseuds into DDs (Disney Dudes).

The real enemy isn't Collider, or Loot Crate boxes.

It's Mike Stoklasa.

This pasta sucks because it pretends he was ever good.
He has a good sense of humor and that's it. His taste in film has always been embarrassingly bad.

>force himself to enjoy
Snyder fans are all mental patients.

All movies should be judged on the same terms because film reviewing is a hard science.

Youre giving snydersuckers too much credit

Why does Rich get a pissy look on his face every time Jay mentions David Lynch?

Because it's not as AWESOME and COOL as Marvel movies, you faggot

Obviously he's very knowledgeable of Lynch's work and he's just tired of listening a simple pleb like Jay uttering his irrelevant and ungrounded opinions on the topic. I mean just look at him, he has nothing but disdain for people talking about something they don't understand.

Dune really is shit, and I'm a huge Lynch and Dune fan. There's about two good scenes in the entire movie.

Dune really needs to be split into two parts to do it justice. There's too much there to make a proper movie out of it, unless you want to go down the 3 hour route. I look forward to seeing if Dennis can do a good job though

Remember when everyone thought he was the jaded cynic in RLM?

Rich doesn't know shit about movies and dislikes anything remotely arty

b-but the pac-man shirt

Are you one of those guys who pretends to read books for the prose?

Remember, this is the same person who loves 'schlock' but hates 'bad' movies and pretends like they're not exactly the same thing.

Jay is like that one pretentious kid in any art class. He talks a lot about "deep films/filmmakers", but it's always a surface level, try hard analysis. Not saying Lynch is bad btw.

He never read the book.

>Dennis

fuck off

Because Mike isn't a pretentious asshole.