Does Gen Z have better movies?

Does Gen Z have better movies?

This exponential growth in technology and culture is one of the reasons why we have so much trouble differentiating between the generations nowadays. It was easier in the 20th century when it seemed culture neatly divided itself into decades.

Yes Regular Show is a cartoon that only comes around once in a generation pure kino shame about the final season sucking though.

Gen Z core has been dead since 2014

>Millennial
>90s stuff

How does that make any sense? I thought millennials were born or grew up in the new millennium.

80's and 90's, turn of the Millennium

It's a pretty muddied word, technically the "real" definition is 80s-midish 90s, but in casual conversation it's just used to refer to anyone younger than you who is being silly or grating on your nerves.

>Runescape
>not core millennial

To me the 2010s are like the 80s which had a relatively consistent culture and general vibe all throughout. Because back in 2007, it felt like the early 2000s were like another world. But it doesn't feel like the early 2010s are another world, other than Trump and Brexit it's the same shiny HD culture as 2010 as it is in 2017.

anyone born after 2000 is a Gen Z, they are still in hs, expect big changes in the mainstream next year when they enter college

Fucking this. Even people who are technically millennials use it with contempt. I hate those assholes.

You mean the ones who are unaware of the fact of they are millenial themselves or the ones that are self-deprecating?

I can't blame them I mean, it's a funny/catchy word to say that makes opponents shrivel up immediately, "real definition" be damned.

Some would argue 1998. Remembering 9/11 is a factor for some definitions.

He means people in their 20s complaining about how "Millennials don't know how to use VHS" because he doesn't realize he's a Millennial, because it's a vague/muddy word that people and the media have assraped the definition of multiple times.

I was born in 1984 and I'm no fucking millennial. I have more in common with those born in the 70s than the shitkids of today who grew up with the internet and smartphones.

Stage 1: Denial

>he's 33 and he still browses Sup Forums

Gen Xer going through midlife crisis detected

you can be gen x

>call Gen X that because X is cool
>hurr durr let's call the rest Y and Z
Fucking idiots

That is, unless they planned it like this and the generation after won't survive

You will too. Remember, you're here forever.

I'm 41 and browsing

>mfw I was born in 1991 but it was in countryside in an Eastern European shithole so for the first 13 years of my life I didn't even have a computer and lived like Western baby boomers from 60s or 70s.
Feels pretty good to be quite honest.

>started calling us millenials instead of gen y once we turned out to be disappointments

I mean Gen Y wasn't used in a flattering way either. People often said "Gen WHY" referring to us being lazy/entitled/etc.

Millennials did not grow up with smartphones. They were at most 27 and at the very least 12 when the iPhone came out; even by the time you're 12, your childhood is pretty much over, so you're not "growing up" anymore. Gen Z grew up with smartphones.

I think there is significant overlap in "core" and "late" millenial culture Tbh.

>nietzsche
>evola
>jesus
>same page
Ok kid

having a beard is numale now?

Really? I always thought 9/11 was the hard dividing line between the two with little overlap.

did our parents ever love us?

The X in Generation X is the x from Algebra. The unknown thing.

It was also aimed at trying to poo poo us.
It was was calling us an unknown and aimless generation. There was no big threat that made us all unite. No great War going on that forced us to be all patriotic or war protesters. No new industrial revolutions. The computer science breakthroughs of the 1950s predicted a 1990s utopia with flying cars.
Then here we were in the early 90s with not even the internet yet.
Gen X caught on and was meant to call it a bunch of aimless slackers wearing flannel and singing about suicide and shit.

>Gen y is just hur dur y comes after x

depends on how you sport it

No

>bill maher
>bill burr
what

There isn't really even a real definition of it either. I've tried looking for an exact one and almost every source I find has a totally different range of birthdates. I've even seen some go as far back as the 70s for the start while others have started in the mid 80s or early 90s it's just one big clusterfuck no one can figure out.

wait, If Im thirty one, am I still a millenial?

No

Kinda feel like bill burr being on the left is more of a statement than it is a reality

2000-2006 was kino

>GRRRRRRR I'm not like a dumb kid! I played outside
You're becoming your dad and his dad and his dad