Donna Troy

what do they even want to accomplish by adding this
how does Sup Forums feel

will we ever get more adventures of the mulitversal anomalies together?

Oh look donna troy got a convoluted backstory

No really I'm shocked

it is mandatory to add a paragraph to her wiki page for everyone of her writers?

When's Diana going to realise she was made from clay?

Every writer thinks they can "fix" her origin in some of the dumbest ways possible.

How would you do it Sup Forums? I'd honestly just make her part of the Rebirth storyline as some kind of congested lump stuck in the mutliverse's throat

When Rucka finishes completely erasing Azzarello's run because his Wonder Woman is the only Wonder Woman apparently

I'd make her a sexrobot that's programming got messed up.

make these 3 a really big deal again

Just get Superboy Prime to explain she's a fictional character writers have fucked up and leave it at that.

give her an enlarged clit

>she's a fictional character writers have fucked

Didn't some writer self-insert him self to fuck her?

>How would you do it Sup Forums? I'd honestly just make her part of the Rebirth storyline as some kind of congested lump stuck in the mutliverse's throat
something like that.

Universe hiccupped and now she exists as a chronal anomaly, her past eternally fluid.

Likewise, Kyle wasn't supposed to become a Green Lantern but Universe hiccupped so he keeps getting Cosmic Powers and the Universe keeps taking them away because he keeps doing shit that wasn't supposed to happen->gaining cosmic powers but then the universe "adapt" to the new status quo and he loses them.

Jason was just Prime Time'd back to life.

Have them being sort-of what Warlock&Thanos are in Marvel, anomalies outside the normal influence of the greater forces of the universe.

It seemed purely done for the drama, not just on Donna's end but to complete and justify all the bickering.
See by Diana defending Donna we get that connection Donna was pining about and Diana gets to save face for all the hissing she was doing before, but in a bitter sweet way for both since neither are really satisfied with the conclusion.

How Batman moved on is precisely my reaction and advice, it's a world filled with weirdos and warped history, who even fucking cares anymore what happened before the now.
Huh, I think what they've been trying to do with the concept of retcon finally worked on me. I literally do not care what changes anymore with all the trouble keeping it straight brings and just want to get on with the sci-fi nonsense. Bravo, I guess.

they literately are that already though

I know. Just make it official.

Marv Wolfman as Terry Long.

>as some kind of congested lump stuck in the mutliverse's throat
No, no. I've had too many experiences with that sort of thing to feel comfortable with such a character concept.
I'd end up writing a character in response who's the ultimate metaphysical smooth, refreshing beverage leaving your thirst quenched, your throat clear and your taste-buds tantalized with every sip.

What purpose did this serve?

>I'd honestly just make her part of the Rebirth storyline as some kind of congested lump stuck in the mutliverse's throat

I like the idea behind that but the next guy would just try to fix that and make another backstory.

At this point, it's like the writers are aware of this meme and keep going out of their way to make things as convoluted as possible and they don't care since they know someone else will change it later anyway.
Same with Hawkman.

Even Wonder Woman agrees that it's fun fucking with Donna.

Do you guys like bondage? I do .

This

They had HOW MANY REVAMPS over the past 5 or 6 years? They could've brought Donna back with a nice not-too-convoluted origin to give the writers less headaches...and they keep fucking it up!

Just hook her back up with Kyle and be done with it.

Hawkman being complicated is just a meme, if you count every change in origin, even characters like Batman and Superman soubd convoluted. Hawkman is just Thanagar cop, or Egyptian ressurection, usually both so fuck it.

It's not an add. It's just her new 52 origin.

which character has the best backstory?

New 52 and even Rebirth were the perfect chances to fix Donna and the Hawks and just give them a new, simplified origin.

Oh well

I love these three together. This is what the Outlaws should've been, the stepchildren of their respective superhero families

Well Hawkman did just die, so they've got another opportunity with him I suppose.

Restore Diana as a clay golem and make Troy a chunk of clay taken out of Diana and made into a baby. Donna's story is messed up enough. May as well use it to retcon Dianna back to her roots.

Given that Snyder's thing this summer is called Metal (And was rumored to be called Nth for a while) I imagine the Hawks have some sort of thing coming up in the next year

Honestly I wasn't sure if they were gonna just ignore her N52 clay origin forever hoping everyone would just forget it.

I honestly don't understand why anyone still wants to "fix" Donna's origin.

It's been made clear at least twice that she's a multiversal temporal anomaly. And frankly, she has the potential to be way more interesting that way. From the dramatic(she occasionally has to fix reality glitches because she's immune to paradoxes) to the comedic(she dies during a battle, only to appear from around the corner just fine saying something to the effect of "Did I die again? Dammit."). Go ham with it, why not. Treat it like a feature, not a bug.

I mean I really could have done without any of Finch's run being canon, especially when Rucka gave DC a blank check to ignore anything before his run since the New 52 began, but it did make for a nice moment for the Titans and allowed for what had come off as a completely out of character Diana to be revealed as a defense mechanism that eventually led to her behaving the way she more often does once the truth was on the table.
With that said, welcome to the Donn Ruse Cruise
InB4 she is given a new origin in 2 years.

The villain behind the curtain in the Titans Annual seemed to be trying to gather power from her, so her temporal paradox-ness seems to be a feature now

Man, I really wish they'd give her a costume with a starfield on it. Donna rocked the everloving shit out of it.

Anyone else think these three could make for an interesting "Red Hood and the Outlaws" team?

Jason's fucking garbage so naming any team after him is a bad idea.

They were one of the more interesting side stories to Countdown, not sure it would really work as an ongoing team though.

user...I wasn't endorsing Jason as a character as much as acknowledging that there is a book called Red Hood and the Outlaws that has existed for the bulk of the time since the New 52 began, and is currently in its second iteration of a team. It seems you haven't read it, but the Rebirth run is actually pretty damn great. You should check it out if you are willing to take the advice of a random person on a Vietnamese Pho enthusiast forum. I've actually seen more than a few anons express a longing for the Countdown trio, and I simply felt that if DC was willing to take Kyle off the board for awhile considering he just went back to being a Green, and they have a shit load of them, and maybe send Donna on a journey of self-exploration, the RDatO book could serve as a viable chassis to reunite the three of them.

Disagree with him being garbage for the moment, but "Red Hood at the Outlaws" is awful and needs retitling.

What if Jason has a falling out with Artemis and Bizarro and goes through just an arc with DOnna and Kyle?

I am not falling for your trick. I've been told to read Lobdell books before and it was a huge waste of time. Same thing with anything where Jason is the core character. Dude's a rotten egg.

If you really want to do it just call it The Outsiders again. The Outlaws doesn't work because Kyle and Donna aren't outlaws. They're very specifically good people and heroes.

Well except now Donna's apparently a murder machine custom built to kill Wonder Woman. Again. Christ what a mess. I can't wait for them to go X-23 on her. "OH NOT MY KILL WONDER WOMAN PROGRAMMING IS ACTING UP BEEP BOOP"

>I've been told to read Lobdell books before and it was a huge waste of time.
Oh. I am right there with you buddy. I regret every Lobdell book I've ever read, but I shit you not this Rebirth RHatO was a contender for best Rebirth book for a bit. Your choice though. I'm just saying that most of the talkback during the initial storytimes were anons expressing shock at how good the book was in spite of being written by Lobdell.

>aren't outlaws. They're very specifically good people and heroes.
Well neither are the Outlaws, Bizarro is like Lenny from Mice and Men, Artemis is more of a blood knight, and Jason is a fully paid up member of the Batfamily who has his own line of Happy Meal toys.

They were pretty much the good guys from day 1 which is why Outlaws doesn't work as a title. is right though the book is pretty good.

They're at the very best fringe villains turned begrudging anti heroes.

Donna Troy and Kyle Rayner are literally world saving good guys. They're not outlaws. Even if Bizzaro and Artemis are doing good things now they have a sordid history of doing awful shit. Lenny would be considered a monster if he could blow up the planet because he misconstrued what someone said wrong.

It just wouldn't be Donna Troy if they didn't make her origin even more convoluted at least once a year.

The dubbing of them being a "Dark Trinity" doesn't work, either. Bizzaro is just a child in need of guidance, Artemis is your standard Amazon and Jason is less angsty and brooding than Batman now, just willing to pull the trigger.

This isn't making it convoluted though. It's actually a swerve. They kept her origin exactly the same as last given.

No they didn't. The Finch origin was she was made as an adult. This origin has her being created as a kid and brain washed by the Amazons. This led her to being a Titan because they rewrote her personally.

Because we know for a fact she was a younger Teen Titan. So they're somehow cramming these two origins that don't fit together together.

That's not the Finch origin. I mean they both use the "you were created as a weapon" gimmick but Finch's Donna became a good guy at the end without having her mind wiped or anything. It just happened at the end of their garbage run.

Because they think that you have to have a tragic backstory to be interesting

Why's Donna's hair so messy

All the Titans have messier hair than their mentors. Didn't you notice?

But isn't this origin kind of not that different than any other ones? She already had the clay concept and false memories introduced when Bryne ruined her, and then Jiminez ran with it and made her a multiverse anomaly with Didio's blessing and pushing. In the Titans run where she was brought back to life using Wally's memories of her after Bryne fucked her up, she also had to deal with false memories of who she was and playing at being human.

This is a retcon but a minor one, not much different from the general concept of her character.

The point is this is Donna's third fucking origin in the 2 years since she's been back. It's absurd. That they all run together similarly because there's only so many ways they can think of to retool Amazon-Who's-Not-Really-An-Amazon doesn't make it any less preposterous.

Yeah, but Donna's especially looks bad

>I am not falling for your trick
You dude are such a drama queen who act like one of tumblr girls who get triggered over everything.

Man up.

kyle isn't exactly an outlaw now is he?

It would be nice to see these three reunited again in a event.

Jason is getting better and better and Kyle is growing on me a little lately.

edgy youths

Got plucked when mid sex session with Roy

But this is literally the opposite of that.

Her new origin was made in Finches Woman, then in Titans it was retconned. This is just retconning the retcon so it's simpler.

>people want Donna in the Outlaws
Fuck that. She isn't really that type of character.

Or is she?

The first thing she did after she was sculpted out of clay was slaughter all of the male Amazons

The way you fix anything that gets this convoluted: go back to basics.

She's a girl who was rescued from a fire by Wonder Woman, but her parents died in the fire. Taking pity on her Diana brought her to live on Paradise Island. Through plot shenanigans she gains super strength, flight and a lasso and becomes Diana's ward.

The whole reason this was originally undone was because Diana was deaged, but I don't get why they didn't just raise the age she was when she became a sidekick like they did with Wally and Dick.

Donna Troy has always been shit

Nah, she's ok