Can we all agree now that a couple years have passed that the MCU has literally no good movies in it

Can we all agree now that a couple years have passed that the MCU has literally no good movies in it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
dailydot.com/parsec/captain-marvel-movie-delayed-ant-man/
avclub.com/article/marvels-probably-not-announcing-captain-marvel-dir-249558
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But I still really like Captain America: The First Avenger.

No

First Iron Man was cool.

lol no

> black dude gets ripped
> entire body is bionicle cgi

They're becoming forgettable.

>Affleck isn't 60% cg

Yep.

Did Ben Affleck really get jacked for his Batman role? Didn't he like have a gut now?

IM 1, TFA and TWS are top tier movie material

Avengers 1 was quite good. Avengers 2, however was too wacky. I can sympathize with people being tired of jokes and sillyness. I don't share the feeling, but I understand their position. It still had some very nice moments.

The same can probably applied to Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 (the second one is still to come out, but I'm fairly certain that they're going to go over the top with the humor)

CW was a bit too decompressed. It felt boring at times. Still, it was good. Even more so considering the shit story it's based in.

Doctor Strange and Antman are decent, though they pretty much fall into the IM 1 formula, so points should be substracted for being unoriginal.

Thor was original in its concept but too insipid to be considered good. Thor 2 felt like the first film's mistakes were just ignored. However, something tells me Thor 3 iz gun b da shit, mang. Still, it's just a hunch based on sheer curiosity for what the fuck they may do in it. I may very well be very wrong.

Iron Man 2 and 3 are just ugghhhh

FIGHT ME

also fuck you for baiting a company war with that pic.

No, we cannot. Your tastes are not the totality of Sup Forums, OP, you cocksniffing weaselfucker.

Now, see, THIS is something I can agree with.

Franchise fatigue is a thing, and Marvel is starting to run riiiiiiiight up against that wall. I figure one of the last Phase Three films - not the Infinity Wars films, of course - will end up bombing. Once Marvel's bubble bursts, the entire superhero film bubble goes with it.

Looks cgi to me

Yeah. This, sadly.
I'm this user but I just can't deny I'm becoming more and more disinterested in cape films in general

I mean, there's fucking 3 of them coming out this year, and that's just the MCU ones

I never liked the MCU. At best I think the movies top out at around a C+. It's still better than the DCCU though.

Ant Man and Dr Strange were enjoyable. I don't really care about any of the main cast anymore though.

That said this is a bait thread isn't it, given the choice of picture? MCU stuff might be sale but at least they are still putting together films that work, unlike a certain other company.

don't fall into it!!!

you are not people. and i know what you look like quite well.

make a weasel in the oven as you.

>TFA

Another reason why I say they're becoming forgettable is not only forgetting past films but the ones that are coming out.
I continuously forget Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is coming out this year as well as Thor and Spider-man.

Even though I have great respect for Affleck and I don't really mind, honestly I never quite believed that he ever actually looked like that. They were hiding his body in the movie and gave him some shadowy shots or silhuettes when he was shirtless, and all I've seen from him outside the movie, is some sad puffy, binge photos. I think that shot of him might have been CGI.

But like I said, I don't mind and he looked great in the movie and that's all that matters.

>he didn't enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy
Why do you hate fun, user?

They're all the same right now, but I honestly enjoyed the first Iron Man.

I think that shot of him might have been CGI.
it's very obviously cg

I thought he looked like a pudgy guy jammed in a muscle suit, I find his fat cheeks distractiing, even though they've given him a 30" neck to try and compensate for it.

No one is excited for Spiderman homecoming

I used to like some marvel films, but they're repetitive, safe and boring

Can we all agree now that Sup Forums (and Sup Forums as a whole) is simply a contrarian shitpile that hates on anything providing it gets popular enough?

JWS is a big guy but those muscles were foam

So were Batman's. He's in just as much of a muscle suit as old TV flash, it's just a costlier (and thus slightly better) looking effect.

>a couple years = 9

Stay in school, kids.

Yes.

Quip fest.

I also agree that Rogue One is not a good MCU movie.

Alcohol really Fucks you up. Snyder literally has a gym on set so they all spend the day filming and lifting. The Lex actor was pretty clear about how everyone on the crew was literally do you even lift? All the time.

Ben has been alcoholic for like 20 years, his gut is pure alcohol. I hope Snyder can save him.

We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.

>No one is excited for Spiderman homecoming

That is is a flat out lie.

Do you watch tv? Do you have ad blocker on? If the answers are no and yes respectively then that's why, your feeble attention span is forgetting it because you're not being reminded of it. Happens with anything

This is a funny copypasta.

i read it. it makes some good points d e s u

Funny because it's so true

>Iron Man
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy

All good.

The rest range from decent but forgettable (Doctor Strange) to unwatchable (Avengers 2) but I have hope for Taika's Thor and Coogler's Black Panther assuming execs give them some creative freedom which is a BIG assumption.

DCCU is unwatchable across the board.

And he's smaller. Victor Stone is the one that has a legit reason for being ripped and now fuck it.

>I have hope for Taika's Thor and Coogler's Black Panther assuming execs give them some creative freedom which is a BIG assumption.

>On why he decided to pursue directing the film, after stating in 2012 that he had no interest in "big features, where the art of the project was sacrificed for profit," Waititi said he felt "like a guest in Marvel's universe but with the creative freedom to do what I want."

Good to hear but let's see what he says after release.

Or better yet, let's just wait until we see the film because in the case of Ayer's Suicide Squad, the dude is never gonna open his mouth.

It's nit going to bend anything like SS because one Taika has actual talent and two the studio behind it isn't run by complete retards who have no idea how to make a meh movie let alone a good on and never have ESPECIALLY when it comes to comic book movies

The biggest sins for Suicide Squad in my opinion was giving Ayer only six weeks to write the script, resulting in a plot where everyone's an idiot and the wrong reason to assemble the guys in the squad, and the executives hiring a fucking trailer company to edit the film because of BvS fears.

>hiring a fucking trailer company to edit the film

this. fucking goddamn them.
>that eminem music cue

Funny because it's retarded. It's a hilarious conspiracy theory that has no basis in reality.

I guess Reddit is, but who cares about them?

Please, the only people who aren't excited are DCfags, and people who generally don't watch comic book movies.

Nah. but I do think Disney is going to have an incredibly hard time topping the films they've already made down line. Especially when they start replacing the older actors.

Source? I haven't seen anyone excited about that movie. Maybe before trailer 2 came out, but any legitimate Spider-Man fan would have lost his hype seeing how much Iron Man cucked him. If you want to see it, watch a camrip. They need to know that this kind of thing is unacceptable.

Also it's funny how you have to mention DC. You got mental issues or something?

Most people do

That's why they have AMAs there and not in this DC loving shithole

Well now that we know where your loyalties lie why don't you go there and stay there?

>>Source?
The fact you have to ask for source shows how stupid you are.
And the fact you dismissed Reddit shows you know people are excited for it but you wanna try and downplay it.

I don't go on Reddit but I assumed they would like it because people there are retarded, but you can believe whatever you want. If Reddit is so great why aren't you there right now?

No.

Do have some stakes in this movie or something? You seem ravaged.

Because I don't want to be on Reddit right now.
Are you so stupid you can't comprehend that simple notion?

This but their action blockbusters so they'll always make a lot of money. The real thing to keep an eye on is if the profit isn't enough to satisfy Disney. Avengers 2 made more than the first but not as much as what Disney was expecting so they started firing people and Whedon got the boot.

With Captain Marvel getting shaky in development and pushed back and Inhumans getting downgraded to a TV show, I'm wondering if Disney getting ready to pull the plug on this.

It won't take a bomb but it'll take a lackluster profit for a big movie. Maybe something after Avengers 3.

>91162124
>Sup Forums faggots trying to go "Muh Sup Forums" when most of them come from the Baneposting, aka from 4 years ago when this site went even dumber than before.

Negro, please.
And before you go and say "b-b-but Reddit", do i have to remind you about THIS? youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM

It's not that Marvel or DC are only popular in Reddit (because you'd have to be actually retarded to think that), it's just that you're going into Sup Forums levels of contrarianism

>Reddit is the best site ever! Only their opinion matters!
>What? Why would I want to be there? I'd rather be on the inferior site!
Really makes you think.

>With Captain Marvel getting shaky
Source on that.
I haven't heard anything about trouble with the production of Captain Marvel.
>>Inhumans getting downgraded to a TV show
It's a mini series with backing from IMAX, with a GoT sized budget and the first episodes will be in theaters that don't seem like a downgrade.

>With Captain Marvel getting shaky in developmen

But you made this up.

Now you're making stuff up, I never said Reddit was the best website or that they're opinion are the only ones that matter.

>dat cringe pasta
>funny

dailydot.com/parsec/captain-marvel-movie-delayed-ant-man/

avclub.com/article/marvels-probably-not-announcing-captain-marvel-dir-249558

I mean come on. Not only did you not know of this but you didn't even use google?

Also, the Inhumans got a downgrade, no matter how you want you dress it up.

>if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece.
I found this really funny because apparently the MCU doesn't just produce quality, they produce Kubrick level of quality.

Did you even read the links you posted?

Feige wants Brie Larson as Captain Marvel to be the new face of the universe after RDJ leaves so they're taking their time with the film and not rushing it without getting the script right. Taking their time to ensure a high quality film is not "shaky development."

I'm unusual because I laugh at "cringe" things. Sorry.

One article from two years ago about Ant Man getting a sequel, and another saying Marvel isn't going to rush production on it.
Don't sound shakey to me.

Iron Man 1 is god tier

there are some good movies in there like Incredible Hulk, Thor 1 (yes I said it you fuckers), Captain 1, Winter Soldier and Ant-Man

everything else, mostly Phase 2 and 3 is shitty as fuck

it's fine

we'll probably get more information at D23

>autism

They're remaking Mulan?! liveaction version i assume, but still -- holy shit. excited!

whooppity fuckin doo

pls dont (you) me again, cynicalanon. i dont want to catch it.

don't worry we'll have new DC shit to laugh at in a couple days

Will there be a stream or something?

I'm still hoping they do a live action Aladdin myself.

i'd be curious to see how they would handle the genie without robin williams there to lend his voice and energy to the character.

Reminder, this is a company wars thread. Mods should delet this ASAP.
To answer OP, reminder that if I'd say the same about a DC flick, I'd be considered a shill.
Go tip your Fedora somewhere else, insecure DCcuck. The MCU is great.

At this point the Justice League is about the safest movie anyone could possible make.

>no there aren't ANY shills on this board
Hmmmm.

Faggots have been saying this since 2010. Keep memeing hard enough and maybe it'll come true.

>Can we all agree
NO, WE CAN'T AGREE IN ANYTHING

>guys all bulking up.and getting in shape to play superheroes

>even Cyborg who is literally 90% cgi in the movie
>meanwhile Gal Gadot trains for 3 years to achieve this

>Also, the Inhumans got a downgrade, no matter how you want you dress it up.

The project was forced by Ike wasnt it? Feige never wanted for it to be made.

What is the issue? The minisserie might be even better because it lets you explore better the palace dynamics.

>here's a pic of the DCEU stars' bodies, therefore, all Marvel movies are bad

You're not only a fag, but you're an illogical fag.

>Iron Man 2 and 3 are just ugghhhh
>ugghhh
Tumblr detected

Winter Soldier and Iron Man are superior to anything the DCEU has put out