I am too fucking hyped for Justice League. November can't come soon enough...

I am too fucking hyped for Justice League. November can't come soon enough. I'm hella looking forward to sitting down and marathoning Snyder's Superman-trilogy (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Justice League)!

The trailer has me so fucking pumped! The last time I was this excited for a film was between Two Towers and Return of the King.

I mean I'm more excited than I was but you are either

>A shitty WB shill
>A false flagging mouse shill

or the most likely

>A bored Sup Forums user who wants to start a console wars thread for (you)s

I'm hyped for GiTS

>A bored Sup Forums user who wants to start a console wars thread for (you)s

Bored and wanting to discuss what other actual comic readers are looking forward to in it, or even what they're worried about.

My concern is that Superman will be an actual badguy for a bit ala Batman v Superman in the Darkseid vision.

Well at least you're honest about it, so I'll keep it reasonable.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Justice League, first and foremost. Comics wise I'm a big fan of DC characters and I can't not be excited about a big screen showing of so many. That alone is enough to get me rushing to see it.

I am worried though. Not so much about the visuals, I actually don't have a problem with the blue/orange scale, and I think Snyder can direct a good looking film at the very least, and I do think its possible to introduce and establish multiple characters in one film.

I'm concerned about the writing though. The plot itself seems fairly simple - Darkseid is coming ->Gather the League -> Fight darkseids forces.

Thats a good thing. A lot of BvS' problems stemmed from developing a complex plot that needed more time than the movie had to explain it well, with Lex's planning and forcing a few awkward plot resolutions. A simple plot lets the focus be on the characters, which is where it needs to be. Superman I really hope is done well. He needs to have a few great scenes where he's front and centre and looking damn heroic.

Given Snyder's obsession with messaging and symbolism, and Superman's "hope" affiliation I'm hoping that the lowest mood point of the movie will be as the JL is loosing, when Superman (presumably with Lois' help) breaks free of the mind control (realises purgatory is fake/resolves his issues there). Superman's "return" is the turning point and you get the symbolic return of the prodigal son to lead the charge to save the day.

I'm cautiously hopeful.

Good post user. Even as someone who loves MoS and DoJ I agree with you.
I saw some people saying they hope Superman fucks off for most of the movie because he'll "drag the movie down" and that really sucks. I know some people think it's just this version of Superman that makes people hate him and Snyder is horrible for what he's done but I really think people just want to hate Superman, and use any excuse to do it. Not to say there aren't Superman fans who hate DCEU Supes, I know there are.
But I think Superman will be the big savior for the world, again. The promotion is completely excluding him for the most part, but I'm thinking by the end of the movie the rest of them joins him in the sun.

In my days false flagging used to mean something. But yes the trailer looked great and the movie looks fun, as long as they don't fuck it up in the edit room like the last two they have a winner there

Guy causr apicalypse.

BIG BIG PIC?

YOU TRYULY WANT A TASTE OF ONE PIECE!

This reminds me of a scene from LXG,

I just hope the parademons ACTUALLY put up a fight unlike the chitauri, the main problem with the league is that they are OP as fuck

omg luffy stretch that huge dong in my ass

i accidentally posted my shitty filtered version

I have alot of issues with the trailer and what we've seen of the movie, it really doesn't capture any of the iconic symbolism of the justice league and instead comes off more as some tongue-in-cheek suicide squad/legends of tomorrow style motley crew.

Fuck, the only character who has even had a solo movie so far is Supes and he's not even in the fucking trailer. Not to mention Aquaman being turned into a Stone Cold Steve Austin / Thor expy to sell a character they're afraid casuals won't like and cyborg being Bionicle looking CGI.

Too many dark elements, Too much Grimderp, not any one thing by itself is really wrong with it, it's just too much of the same things that don't really portray the iconic comic book ideology that this movie should be trying to capture. The atmosphere works for a Batman movie, but not a Justice League movie. It just reeks too much of Snyder's classic what-a-14-year-old-thinks-is-mature-and-cool style.

I mean we went through this with BVS and MOS and while I don't want to discourage people from having positive feelings about this or wanting to be hopefull I don't see such a rushed and ham-fisted production turning the tides for the DCEU any time soon.

And truthfully I feel BVS stole alot of this movie's potential thunder as a culminating team flick.

5$ says they'll be a threat their first appearance and then turn total canon fodder after a training Montage

The Chitauri actually fucked up the Avengers pretty good.

oh No! YOU IMAGINED REALLY HARD AND I CAN SEE IT.

IM THE HACKALOPE LOL

Parademons are made to be cannon fodder. I don't like that they're like, silver or something, though.

Captain stop fucking around and give me a taste of your humongous devil's fruit

Lol it's going to be shit just like BvS, MoS and SS.

>cyborg being Bionicle looking CGI

He comes off as a black Iron Man so much that I've taken to calling him Tony Dark.

>but I really think people just want to hate Superman, and use any excuse to do it

You have to be underaged if you didn't know there was a wide ranging Superman way before MoS. Back then the argument was "hurr he's an overpowered boyscout who can do no wrong, he sucks." And they used MoS and BvS to bitch how he isn't competent ENOUGH and smiling and hugging people, ironically.

I'm not the only one seeing those prominent cups, right?

No I know all that lol, I was just using this late night thread to ramble.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I remember reading that Snyder requested Batman to have a huge bulge.

>I know some people think it's just this version of Superman that makes people hate him and Snyder is horrible for what he's done but I really think people just want to hate Superman, and use any excuse to do it.

I like Superman in general, and Snyder metaphorically assraped the character. Everything about Snyder's Superman feels "off". The lack of giving a shit about destroying property or letting others destroy it ("BUT IT'S HIS FIRST DAY" is no excuse for him not giving a shit), the forced and unearned climax of killing Zod, the shitty romance with Lois, the emotionally detached and nearly inhuman nature of a superhero who is supposed to be a beacon of hope for mankind...I just cannot find anything to like about this iteration of The Man of Steel. Literally the only Superman scene of the DCEU that felt like Superman to me is The First Flight.

And before you say "your argument is just NOT MUH SUPES"...you are abso-fucking-lutely right, it is. Because people who are fans of the Superman character and his previous iterations in film and TV have certain expectations associated with the character - ideas of what Superman is supposed to act like, who he is supposed to be - and you cannot ask people with those expectations to view Snyder's Superman in a vacuum where no other version of the character exists. People's views of the character are always going to be tempered by any prior knowledge of him, and you cannot change that, nor can those people.

People these days may not want the earnest heroics present in, say, the Christopher Reeve iteration of Superman. I can accept that. But Snyder's version swung way too far in the opposite direction. His take feels cold and cynical, as if someone who either hates or is embarassed of liking Superman wrote the character.

Wait, is that a ventriloquist doll in the back?

oh shit, Arnold Wesker confirmed?

Yep, you're definitely a sperg. Moving on...

I'm a fan of Superman's character and while the movies are /different/ from my expectations, they still hit the right notes for me. I'm not gonna go into a huge explanation why because other people have done so and these conversations never go anywhere, but DCEU Supes is someone learning how to be a heroic, public figure and I just don't think that's such a stain on the character.

Looks kinda like Toyman to me.

>DCEU Supes is someone learning how to be a heroic, public figure

Yeah, see, I can agree with the "public figure" thing. But the "heroic" thing? What the fuck was his saving those people on the oil rig or his initial surrender to Zod, him being an asshole?

"IT'S HIS FIRST DAY" is no excuse here. He knew right from wrong, he knew about his powers, he knew that - pardon the JLU reference - he was basically in a world made of cardboard. The only reason he was portrayed as "a rookie" in that sense is so Snyder could have a bunch of explosive setpiece battles.

This complaint is so fucking absurd. I literally made this thread after rewatching Man of Steel and people whinging about how some of Metropolis was wrecked for the price of LITERALLY SAVING THE WORLD!

You're post is "not muh" based on Christopher Reeves' Superman, and nothing else at all. You haven't read John Bryne's Man of Steel (which is the basis of post-crisis Superman), and in fact my beat is at best you've read panels of All-Star Superman and that's it.

Fuck you.

We're not getting into this argument, user. It's always a circle.

>some of Metropolis was wrecked for the price of LITERALLY SAVING THE WORLD!

"Oh hey, a major city got practically nuked, but the whole world is much safer now!" is really not an argument you want to make, user.

Hulk and Abomination were tearing up that city with the government Gatling gunning with reckless abandon in populated areas and no one seemed to have cared.

Think MCU and DCEU are going a bit crazy of catering to autisms who care about imaginary citizens and casualties.

>"IT'S HIS FIRST DAY" is no excuse here.

I'm... not really getting your argument. How does his inexperienced in fighting superpowered people reflect negatively into his heroism in general? Just because you're good at lifting heavy things (like the oil rig scene) doesn't mean you're immediately good at intense combat (Smallville).

>Think MCU and DCEU are going a bit crazy of catering to autisms who care about imaginary citizens and casualties.

If nobody died and nobody got hurt but the villains, people would call it "unrealistic".

I mean, hey, I get it - everyone wants their PG-13 bloodless carnage instead of seeing bodies piled up ten Supermen high and all. Watching buildings get rekt by superpowered superbattles has a certain thrill to it. But to pretend that the whole city is fucking rekt without any casualties is ridiculous. Even "The Avengers" tossed in a "wall of the missing" shot in its resolution.

>How does his inexperienced in fighting superpowered people reflect negatively into his heroism in general?

That is not the problem. The problem is in him trying to fight these people in the middle of populated areas. He damn near wiped Smallville off the map and helped do more damage to Metropolis. He sees a damn truck thrown at him and, rather than maybe think there could be people behind in (whether they are in the building or on the street), he hovers over the truck and lets it explode behind him.

If "Man of Steel" had shown him doing heroic things around the world like "Batman v Superman" did, maybe I could like this version of Superman. But the bad taste left in my mouth by MoS did BvS no favors with me. This is not a Superman that I like. And I have not yet seen anyone give me a good fucking reason as to why I should.

It didn't get nuked. Watch the film, it's like a block or two of Metropolis which in the film is depicted as having the largest downtown area of any contemporary movie I've seen.

Also, yes I would pay that price to save the world, especially as it's FUCKING ZOD and the World Engine wrecking that area, not Superman.

Sure, Clark does unnecessary damage in Smallville, but that's cause people threatened his mom and in the COMICS Supes goes more hardcore with people who threaten his family and Lois.

You're a faggot who doesn't read comics.

Agreed.

its guy standing in front of what was supposed to be ryas grave turning you into the real things.

no

>You're a faggot who doesn't read comics.

By that token, so was a good chunk of the audience for the film. You think even half the people who went to see MoS or BvS had picked up a Superman comic in the past five, ten, or even twenty years? You think everyone knows the ins and outs of the Superman mythos like you, turbonerd? A lot of people only remember the Christopher Reeve version or maybe even the DCAU version - what makes their opinions of MoS or BvS, of Snyder's Superman, any less valid than yours? Fuck outta here with your holier-than-thou gatekeeper bullshit.

He attempted to take the fight away from Smallville but either Namek or Faora always stopped him. And that truck argument is stupid. It's a natural reflex to dodge something that's thrown at you. It's his second fight, he doesn't yet know to handle shit like that more intelligently.

>He attempted to take the fight away from Smallville

HE WAS THE ONE WHO TOOK THE FIGHT INTO SMALLVILLE IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOLY SHIT.

>It's a natural reflex to dodge something that's thrown at you. It's his second fight, he doesn't yet know to handle shit like that more intelligently.

HE IS A NIGH-INVULNERABLE METAHUMAN. HE ALREADY RAN INTO A FLAMING OIL RIG WITHOUT DYING. WHAT DID HE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT?

Not that user but
>A lot of people only remember the Christopher Reeve version or maybe even the DCAU version - what makes their opinions of MoS or BvS, of Snyder's Superman, any less valid than yours?
Nothing, but that also doesn't make the DCEU version of Superman any less valid.
>Fuck outta here with your holier-than-thou gatekeeper bullshit.
Says the person ranting about how this Superman is all wrong.
I can appreciate that we all have our own notions about how Superman should be portrayed but you don't need to launch into a rage when they deviate.

Has anyone been bothered that most of comic book movies are dripping in the "edgelord" or "tacticool" imagery popular from the 90s? When talking about that era I see alot of bitching from comic fans and here the movies greedily indulge.

He's inexperienced, broheim. You don't just magically become perfect at the job once you put tights on. This isn't Donner's Silver Age Superman where he for example just knows how to reverse back time, because reasons.

>so was a good chunk of the audience for the film

I legitimately don't give a fuck. Like, I don't care in the slightest. If people are challenged by what they see and want to learn more they can READ THE SOURCE MATERIAL and make up their own minds. If they view of Superman is Christopher Reeves/DCAU then when another adaptation of the Iliad is made should I bitch because it isn't like piece of shit movie Troy, or one of Shakespeare's plays based on the Iliad.

That's how retarded you sound. You're basically appealing to laziness. And telling people they shouldn't look at the source material because other adaptations are more important.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the general audience, hence why I don't give a fuck about Minions. I care about my enjoyment of the movie, and how it corresponds to the source material. And I don't want a 1 to 1 adaptation because I have the source material, but I don't want a failed adaptation of an adaptation, which is what you seem to think it should be.

>Says the person ranting about how this Superman is all wrong.

I am not saying that people cannot like this Superman. I am not trying to control other people's fandoms or opinions. I am stating my opinions and (trying to) back them up as best I can. If you agree or disagree, no skin off my back. But I am allowed to participate in a dialogue about this subject, right? Or should I go fellate a shotgun?

>that also doesn't make the DCEU version of Superman any less valid.

And if someone actually likes this version of Superman, great! But by the same token, if someone doesn't like him, people like you going "oh shut up he is a perfectly valid Superman you're just upset that he isn't Chris Reeve" makes me nettled as fuck - because it is the kind of "SHUT DOWN ALL CONVERSATION" shit you're accusing me of doing.

It is a problem, especially for the DCEU.

He is also the closest thing to a living god that both he and the Earth has ever known. And like I said, he had already been in that oil rig fire/explosion without suffering any harm. What the fuck did he have to lose by letting the truck hit him?

>If people are challenged by what they see and want to learn more they can READ THE SOURCE MATERIAL and make up their own minds.

So people are only allowed to have an opinion after they do what you tell them to do? Their opinions are only ever valid if they are as much a turbonerd as you? Fuck outta here.

>So people are only allowed to have an opinion after they do what you tell them to do?
When it's an adaptation? Yes.

If they aren't lazy and are intrigued... LOOK AT THE SOURCE MATERAL.

If they're lazy and want to be cynics I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

If they don't give a fuck about it, then why are they still commenting on it?

>shit you're accusing me of doing
I said I wasn't that other user.
For me, it just kinda bums me out seeing so many people thinking DCEU Superman is too far removed from others. I see a lot of the comics in him, even if he is tweaked a little bit.
He is still a crusader for justice and the innocent, especially in Dawn of Justice. Almost all of his scenes as Clark had to do with the story he was trying to write. Speeches about "doing what's write" and protecting people who matter and can't protect themselves. That's what I love about Superman and the movies have delivered.
But people online act like he's some angry sociopathic god.

And user, it is a little weird for you to be mad that they've "assraped" the character if you aren't even a fan of the comics.

>"doing what's write"
*right
My bad

>And user, it is a little weird for you to be mad that they've "assraped" the character if you aren't even a fan of the comics.
Agreed.

>And like I said, he had already been in that oil rig fire/explosion without suffering any harm. What the fuck did he have to lose by letting the truck hit him?

Because it's literally a reflex.

>He comes off as a black Iron Man so much that I've taken to calling him Tony Dark.
Please, he's War Machine with pimped out streetglow effects, at best.

WB would kill to have something remotely resembling or functioning like RDjr's Tony Stark in the DCEU.

DCEU fans, kill yourselves

there are no fans just Sup Forums shitposters

$.02 off your next disney world trip

This is on point whats wrong with Zack Snyder,s Superman. There is nothing wrong with having a darker Superman. What is wrong is the execution.
Superman's biggest issue in these movies is whether or not he should help people. Like what kind of psycho has to question to help others?
You know the destruction is one thing that could've been changed with one scene,in Superman Returns when the city is falling a part some random falls off a building an Superman catches him sets him down and keeps flying...DO THAT and it shows him at least trying.
Of course someone disagrees with you so theyre a sperg. Fuck off you cancerous turd.
No it is a very honest complaint. Fuck if they turned Batman into a zen, yoga queer who didn't beat people up people would have the same argument.
It isnt in his character.
John Brynes Man of Steel series doesnt have any of the tropes Snyder uses at all.

Comic reader here.

Fuck Snyder and fuck this universe, they won't have my money, I doubt that I will have a worst deception related to a movie like I had with BvS.