Puts raw fish on rice

>puts raw fish on rice
>that would be $300, sir

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=jiro
medium.com/incerto/only-the-rich-are-poisoned-the-preference-of-others-c35ddf65cf68
youtube.com/watch?v=loM9yZPh83A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ptz12zG6nPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>soy cuisine

sushi smells fucking awful. never going to try it.

>My fiancé and I were so excited to visit this place, after watching the documentary and hearing all the hype. Unfortunately, it turned out to be one of worst food experiences we've ever had. We've been fortunate to have traveled to many places and experience good cuisine over the years. Jiro was such a let down, not only for how over priced it is for the 21 minutes you're allowed to sit there, but for how rude they treat you throughout the process. The sushi is good, but definitely not a premium to other sushi restaurants in Tokyo and Japan, and you're better off spending your morning elsewhere. They give you a bandana at the end of the rushed meal to remember the experience, we politely declined and left it as we didn't want the reminder of the time and money we wasted but more importantly the great disappointment

>make it yourself, it's very easy
>it's delicious and doesn't cost that much

I don't get this fucking meme. No one ever tells me what show or movie it's from and they all start talking about how shit sushi is every time. You can't just keep forcing this shit without any context you fucking faggot.

>im a baby
>im a stupid lil bitch shit baby

>No one ever tells me what show or movie it's from
have you ever tried reverse google searching the image you fucking faggoty redditor?

THAT BE 300 DOLLA NO DRINK NO DRINK

With so many films about a man named Jiro making sushi, it's no wonder you're lost

NO DRINK

lmgtfy.com/?q=jiro
He doesn't even need to include the sushi part. If he just took one of the billion mentions of the name "Jiro" in these threads and plugged it into Google the first result back would tell him the name of the documentary.
I can't imagine what it would be like to be that unfamiliar with the concept of search engines. I'd probably be angry all the time too if I had that sort of brain problem.

Remember the Vice article where they did a dash and dine because they didn't realise how bullshit expensive it was going to be for a few pieces of sushi? (I think it turns out to be like $1200 for like 15 pieces of sushi lol) It's fucking hilarious.

Either way good sushi is great but it's well known Jiro is overrated to fuck and is a terrible dining experience because they basically force feed you 30 pieces of sushi in 20 minutes and you're not even allowed to speak or anything in the restaurant without getting kicked out.

Like everything, the best for value sushi is actually the cheaper shit and the best tasting/dining experience is the mid-mid/high range stuff.

Either way Okonomiyaki (Hiroshima) and Gyudon >>> Sushi.

>Pours ketchup all over your sushi

What now Jiro?

You get kicked out of the restaurant if you break any of the rules. You're not allowed to speak, you have to eat each piece within 30 seconds, you have to eat it correctly (dip once in soy, put fish on tongue first).

It's all wanky rich people shit.

>the purpose of my life is sushi
>I will devote myself to it and nothing else
>everything is secondary to the fine art of placing raw fish on rice
Why are japs so fucking autistic?

What if I'm a roided 6 footer?

>meat is better than fish
What an observation

>You're not allowed to speak
No, you can speak freely
>you have to eat each piece within 30 seconds
Yes this is right because of temperature
>you have to eat it correctly (dip once in soy, put fish on tongue first).
No, you don’t dip it in anything, you just shove it in your mouth

Next time try actual watching the film.

That's based if you ask me, doing what you love literally 24/7.

You know that that man will die completely content with his entire life.

Rich yuppies will do endure just about anything for the sake of an "authentic" experience. Look at all the money and time they invest into camping.

Is there something like this but for Ramen?

True, but seems like such a lame thing to have as your favourite thing in the world.
It's like loving making seashell necklaces and devoting your whole life to be the best in the world at it.

hes really wrong though

Non-rich personally (actually I'm completely broke and in debt and my side of the family is lower-middle class), but my extended family is extremely, EXTREMELY wealthy (we're talking uncles etc that are worth hundreds of millions/billion range).

Whenever we go out to family dinners with my cousins and and shit we always get taken out to extremely high tier restaurants and it's always hilarious the dumbshit rich people food is.
One thing thats ALWAYS on the menu near everywhere you go is Macaroni Cheese and Truffles (and it's legit always like Easy Mac tier) other shit they do is like take... normal restaurant quality food and just cover it in gold leaf for no fucking reason.
Want to get a Pizza? Oh look the Pizza is covered once again in gold leaf and fucking truffles.
Honestly nothing makes you hate rich people more than going to their restaurants. Rich people legitimately have no fucking taste whatsoever.

>bottom 2nd from left
so people eat fish shit and call it sushi now?

It's better to love making seashell necklaces and get a huge amount of money for it then to live your whole life as a wageslave cuck who sincerely loves nothing at all.

Be so utterly buttblasted about some random gook and his overpriced sushi that's the best part of these threads

I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain's show where he went to the supposedly best ramen joint in Japan.

It was some little hole in the wall in a small town. Seemed pretty informal.

>bitch shit baby
back to Tumblr/leftypol with you

So
poster here

Snapped this menu in porkie rich people restaurant when dining out with extended family.

Jiros the opposite of that kind of garish display of wealth.
Japanese aesthetics revolve around minimalism and simplicity, not grandness

>Taking more than 20 mins to eat sushi

They deserved it

This desu. Whenever someone I know wants to be fancy and invites us out for dinner at a fancy restaurant, we almost always end up overpaying for a small portion that doesn't even taste that good.

Then please go right ahead and initiate a self defence situation, dude. What's this self important little nip going to do lol

The people who made Jirodos went on to do a Netflix series- 'Chefs Table' in the same style. Each episode is kind of a mini jiros focusing on a different restaurant/ chef. There's one about a waito piggu who runs a ramen bar in Japan 'Ivans Ramen'. Pretty gud episode

The Space Dandy ramen episode is the true ramen kino though. Tampopo is pretty good too.

Also required companion viewing for Jiro Dreams of Sushi is Juan Likes Rice & Chicken

Wow, nu money really was a mistake.

He has his own book which tells you how to make sushi like he does only autists actually visit him

That would actually make you achieve something instead of being wageslave #982311313

Wow, even beyond the actual dishes themselves, that just looks like a shittily formated and poorly written menu.
Looks almost like you hastily typed it up in Word instead of taking a picture of a real one.

ha wish that was the case. I don't even know what half those italian words mean. Datterini? Burrata? Antipasti? Bresola? Polenta fries?

this is the first clever iteration of nu meming i've ever seen
bravo

Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.

What the fuck does truffle mayonnaise taste like?

>put fish on tongue first
I'm guessing none of the gaijin do this and that's why he hates them.

To be fair, you have to have a really highly developed sense of taste to truly appreciate Jiro's sushi

It's self explanatory

It's called taking pride in your job, something slack-jawed, city-dwelling, anime-watching millenial soyboys such as yourself wouldn't know anything about.

As opposed to playing videogames and shitposting 24/7?

Come on lad, you're gonna get your soy memes on defending nip food which is basically soy: the cuisine? How fucking stupid are you?

Fermented soy is safe.

Haha, is it? What about tofu & edamame?

Well Jiro isn't serving tofu, isn't he?

Only Western soyboys "enjoy" Asian shitty food.

he probably eats it fairly regularly though

kek this, disgusting asian food is for cucks

>jiro posting is the new baneposting

My girl and I spent more than $2k across 4 sushi meals on the Japan trip we just took. We didn't bother to try to go to Jiro, but we reserved other top restaurants through a pricey paid concierge service.

Each meal took at least 1:45 and one went for more than 3:00. The first dinner was slightly underwhelming in retrospect, but the other 3 were transcendent. The sushi chefs were kind, welcoming, and communicated with us as much as they could.

Please never stop making Jiro threads: there is no sharper illustration of the poverty of the neckbeard mind.

>overpriced
The market determines the price you dumb fuckers

Its just fucking fish Jiro

Imagine how infuriating is must have been if you we're some Rich Nip & you're all excited to go to Jiros then there's some fucking Gajin documentary crew shitting up the place and filming you while you eat.

>I once had dinner in a Michelin-starred restaurant with a fellow who insisted on eating there instead of my selection of a casual Greek taverna with a friendly owner operator, his second cousin as a manager and his third cousin once removed as a receptionist. The other customers seemed, as we say in Mediterranean languages, to have a cork plugged in their behind obstructing proper ventilation, causing the vapors to build on the inside of the gastrointestinal walls, leading to the irritable type of decorum you only notice in the educated upper classes. I note that, in addition to the plugged corks, all men wore ties.

>Dinner consisted in a succession of complicated small things, with microscopic ingredients and contrasting tastes that forced you to concentrate as if you were taking some type of exam. You were not eating, rather visiting some type of museum with an affected English major lecturing you on some artistic dimension you would have never considered on your own. There was so little that was familiar and so little that fit my taste buds: once something on the occasion tasted like something real, there was no chance to have more as we moved on to the next dish. Trudging through the dishes and listening to someb***tby the sommelier about the paired wine, I was afraid of losing concentration. I costs a lot of energy to fake that I was not bored. In fact I discovered an optimization in the wrong place: the only thing I cared about, bread, was not warm. It appears that this is not a Michelin requirement.

>When people get rich, they shed their skin-in-the game driven experiential mechanism. They lose control of their preferences, substituting constructed preferences to their own, complicating their lives unnecessarily, triggering their own misery. And these are of course the preferences of those who want to sell them something.
medium.com/incerto/only-the-rich-are-poisoned-the-preference-of-others-c35ddf65cf68

Old jap fuck BTFO

t. r / AsianMasculinity

Shut up you broad-nosed, tally whacking, no good, rubber neckin', nigger lynching son of a gun

Why did you post all this drivel?
Im fairly certain all the anti-jiro posters are not really interested in film either. It, alongside food, is something everyone engages in, so it's something they have a great opinion on.

Sushi is a meme. Before weebs jump down my throat yes sushi is good but it's overhyped as fuck in the west. It's Japanese fast food. It's literally their equivalent of burgers. There are Japanese dishes way better than sushi but everyone gushes over it because it's aesthetic and MUH EXOTIC FAR EAST CULTURE

>Suck old man's turtle balls for 3 months for a chance to get a reservation at his restaurant
>Restaurant is some hole in the wall built in a subway
>His sushi is something you can find easily at Tsukiji fish market for $50
>Must follow 100 rules while eating, if not you get kicked out
>Old turtle is staring at you all the time
>Eat when he tells you to eat and for exactly 30 seconds only otherwise he will kick you out
>No drinks
>Don't you dare to pass on a sushi piece because you are allergic to that ingredient
>Old turtle is still staring at you
>Pay up $300
>You also must only compliment him

Have you seen how he behaves towards his own son? Old turtle treats him like he is a biggest piece of shit.

I got an 8:30 rez at Jiro's. Great Chu-toro Sushi.

What were Jiro's thoughts at this exact moment?

>here's some literal garbage on a plate
>looks delicious
>that'll be 500€, sir

youtube.com/watch?v=loM9yZPh83A

>We were very excited when we successfully made the reservation (its not so hard actually). The food was average but the service and the attitude of the chef have really disappointed us in many ways.
>First of all, the chef publicly verbally-abused his apprentice in a very rude way and this was really unpleasant and undesirable for people who came for dinner with expectation. The chef even threw a prawn head to his korean apprentise and used his ankle to push him away. In addition, he told us that his apprentice is korean thats why he is stupid and brain-less. Secondly, the chef kept comparing his restaurant with other sushi restaurant, claiming that other sushi restaurants use low quality product while they only use the top quality sashimi. His arrogant attitude has really disgusted us. For the one hour dinner we had, we kept hearing the chef shouting at that korean apprentice consistently. At the end of the dinner, we were served with tamago. The chef's japanese apprentice serve the tamago(with prawn inside) to my boyfriend (my boyfriend is allergic to prawn). After the boyfriend telling the chef that he thinks the tamago contains prawn(it usually has), the chef blamed the korean apprentice instead. the japanese apprentice even sent the korean apprentice to the kitchen and roar at himfor 5 minutes(I'm not exagerrating). I believe everyone in the counter could hear it and the atmosphere was really awkward. The chef is not as nice as he looks in the photo. What he presents to tourist in english and what he said in Japanese with his apprentice was in totally different personality. This was seriously the worst dining experience we have ever had and I feel truly pity for the korean apprentice.

I don't get why people suck him off so much either. Good sushi just means good ingredients. Yes there's some technique involved but nobody compliments a chef for being able to cook a steak medium rare.

>dash and dine

Documentary Now! is pretty underrated, even if it's heavily hit or miss. The two-parter about that band is some of the kinoest of mockumentaries.

>No drinks
You get tea. Don't lie.

I liked the sequel

I never got the fuss about sushi, it's just a piece of salmon on fucking rice.

lmoa

Jiro - Nightmares of assrape

>b-but it looks pretty!

Tastes alright too

What are you stupid? Dash and dine is when you're running while also eating.

Which ones didn't you like?
I think you just have to have seen the documentary they're parodying for it to really work.

>how rude they treat you throughout the process
No wonder french loved him

The whole "foodie" shit or whatever you call those fags is the worst example of degenerate milennial soyboy culture. Bunch of retards stroking the ego of some old lazy fuck who porbably laughs in their faces while they chew his overpriced mediocre garbage and praise the "experience" of being berated by a senile jap.

Maybea actual eat something other than hamburger. Sushi fine food and Jiro master of fish.

>$300 for jap fast food
>get kicked out after 20 mins
lmao

What the fuck.

glad to see this thread topic is alive and well lol

Is there like a group somewhere where a few guys come up with topics that they will spam on Sup Forums?
I've seen a variation of this Jiro thread like 6 times in the last 24 hrs.

>Jiro Dreams of the Rape of Nanking

>sushi smells
what did he mean by this?

>Could I have no water please, Jiro?
>NO WATERU SUSHI ONRY
>O-okay, Jiro...
>EAT FASUTAH FIRTHY GAIJIN

It smells like unwashed cock.

>Okonomiyaki (Hiroshima)
Based

No love for bastardized Vancouver-style sushi?

OUTTA MY WAY JIROSHITS
TRUE FOODKINO COMING THRU

youtube.com/watch?v=Ptz12zG6nPE

>Abe and Ape

Why do you think there's a cabal of people who sit around and scheme about what they're going to troll/slide/shill on Sup Forums? That's evidently a real thing on Reddit, but certainly not here.