Can we cancel the Simpsons now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=78yqUylmC_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it took 28 years to reach that conclusion
in another 28 it might be debunked

>big think

how about nothing but yellow people, Djinbi?

Replace Apu with an over the top caricature of a southern or something. See if the same writers complain.

>SJWs can finally do the unbelievable: end The Zombie Simpsons
wtf I love lefties now

How is he a racial stereotype when he doesnt work in a call center, rape women/children or shit in the street?

Someone please take Apu out of the simpsons opening and replace him with 50 pajeets shitting in the street as Bart skates by.

the most hard-working man in Springfield.
A model immigrant, who knows more about American history as Americans themselves.

Being a good, law-abiding immigrant is a harmful stereotype, how should welfare parasites now feel when seeing this?!

I haven't seen a lot in the "news" complaining about Cletus.

is it actual indians that are offended, or just the professional victims on their behalf

>that video where they complain about his accent while speaking in the same exact way

Take a fucking guess.

>A Mexican Bumblebee Man saying "¡Ay, ay, ay, no es bueno!" is not racist

Quit crying POO'S

i love that they seem completely unaware that the Simpsons is mainly build on jokes on stereotypes.

The corrupt politician, the fat incompetent cop, the disillusioned teacher, the greedy businessman, the nerdy scientist, the incestious redneckfamily etc.

>((big))
>((((think))))
I've met a lot of Indians in my time, and Apu ranks as one of the least stereotypical. They're shooting themselves in the foot at this point by attempting to get rid of portrayals that are both positive and generous. It's like they're trying to deny the existence of the freshie in an effort to seem more "cultured" around their white, hyper-liberal friends. There's an aspect of self-loathing to this.

>Apu has been around for decades
>they only realize that he's a racial stereotype now
So this is the power of progressive brains.
Woah...

I am of shitting street descent and i don't give a shit about it. If some white whiner want to care about this shit then they are fucking bored as shit.

>A show about racial stereotypes, but they only complain about Apu, not about Homer, Cleetus, etc
Fuck SJW

I assumed there was an unwritten rule that Indians are fair game to make fun of. I mean look at all the "bobs and vegane" memes going around. It's pretty much PC racism with how much feminists hate their unsolicited messages.

This would never happen to a show like Family Guy, a show known for constant racial/religious stereotypes.

The problem is that the creator and writers of the Simpsons caved into these fringe lunatics. It's their fault they cucked themselves to the SJW minority, when they literally have no obligation to do so

>white whiner
All the complainants are Indian. The key here is that they're fifth or sixth generation yuppies who have swallowed the punch. You better start caring or your kids will be moulded into limp-wristed, perpetual victims before you know it.

Im a pajeet give me A T T E N T I O N

Exactly, there'd be no characters left if the Simpsons were to remove all their stereotypes

Fat Tony and Willie are blatant stereotypes of Italians and Scots, but that's fair game apparently.

Nope. They presented Apu with a great background for his ethnicity. He might be doing a menial job but he's shown to be happy. If they consider this character to be a stereotypical representation of that minority in America then that's their problem.

The real story is that they think he's a stereotype. As far as I know Apu hasn't raped random women on the bus, stoned his wife for wanting a toilet in the house or shit on a starving child's head.

Amazing how so many of the people complaining have tunnel vision on Apu being the only stereotype.
Checking social media whenever people mention characters like Homer, Wiggum, Willie are just stereotypes themselves the morons complaining reply it's no problem because those characters are white.
I've yet to see any of them respond to the East Asian stereotypes. I don't quite get why Apu is getting most flak since his character has been fleshed out somewhat with some endearing episodes.
Whereas, at least before I stopped watching, the Japanese characters were always stereotypes and not a single complaint to be had or any of the idiots whinging bring those characters up.

>big think
youtube.com/watch?v=78yqUylmC_o

Professional victims, indian here, we love Apu

I think he started out as a stereotype but he became a well fleshed-out character with a wife and family and several episodes devoted to him even before I stopped watching and that was ages ago.

Somebody who doesn't like Apu is probably just looking for something to hate.

It's because of those retards we never got more Clone High because they didn't understand parody. Walk into any gas station and tell me there isn't a poo in loo working there because they got a monopoly on that job.