Raimi Spiderman trilogy: The movies that Disney and WB are unable to top

It's amazing how 15 years old movies looks and feel better than anything from MCU and DC. Really, why Disney or WB can't do something like this?:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY

Even with an outdated CGI, this fight is better than any modern cape fight. No endless cuts, real actors instead of 100% CGI models (Marvel). No shaky camera or blur effects (DC). Just a good fight

And this has more heart than the whole MCU:
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=240&v=AiOJr4EyUH8
Moments like this is what movies about heroes need. instead we got non-stop quips from Marvel and forced drama from DC.

Marvel and DC's cinematic universe are a failure. Their soulless movies are not about heroes. They are just bad comedies and bad dramas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
youtu.be/cbq5r03Duj0
youtube.com/watch?v=dcs_dIIO_Fg&ab_channel=CoolestClips4K
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4
youtube.com/watch?v=KCB-balUBu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah and then you get web erectile dysfunction in SM2 and the magic butler in SM3.

Think about the things in your life that lead you to this moment.

Think hard.

What could you have changed?

Perhaps it's not too late.

Oh good, another movie thread. Exactly what I was missing.

When will that faggot Hiro ban live-action shit from Sup Forums?

Thats all just your opinion. And to be fair alot of people share it. I just find it hard to get past how creepy Peter comes across. He seems more like a school shooter than a super hero.
But most people disagree so there is probably sonething im missing when I watch them.

It's a well directed movie but the writing and in some cases the acting is awful.

is there a better topic of discussion you'd like to see in the catalog? make a thread user. maybe it will do really well.

Never, fuckwad.

And how are these bad things? They were interesting character development moments. I mean, this has a lot of heart:

youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM

Inexplicably losing your super powers without cause and then regaining them when its convenient to the plot is not an interesting character development moment.

BvS is better.

>Inexplicably losing your super powers
His emotions fucked up his powers

Theoretically could Spider-Man do this in the comics Sup Forums?

What

>convenient to the plot

>I am incapable of understanding simple themes in my childish super hero flicks

Toby was a fucking awful choice, he just comes off as some sad, dreary, dweeb as Peter and Spiderman. I've never seen the Andrew Garfield films but he also seemed shit from the trailers, he cracked jokes which was nice but his comic delivery was fucking garbage also he has stupid hair.

Spider-Man 2 is more of a character piece than a superhero movie, but it's a damn fine character piece.

1 and 3 are just plain fun.

imagine this scene happening in the MCU

>spidey loses his mask
>saves all the people
>faints and almost falls
>they catch him
>carry him through the wagen
>a couple of teenagers start taking videos of him without the mask on and put the videos on youtube

Also quips

Spider-Man in the comics is frighteningly strong. Like, so strong that when he decides to cut loose his villains literally run and hide because when Spidey ain't joking it's time to run. This is the time when faces get torn clean off.

>remember when andrew fags said he was the definitive spiderman?

They sucked balls except for the first one

he was

Not even andrew garfield remembers he was spiderman in a shitty teenage drama movie

I remember feeling a bit disappointed when I finished watching the first one. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. And eveything felt fake, like it was obvious they were on a set and not in a real city.

I like the second one a lot more. It's funny because every times people are talking of Raimi's Spiderman movies, it's always with that video from SM2.
It's truly iconic but the rest of the trilogy is not on par with that scene level.

> nostalgia

>And eveything felt fake, like it was obvious they were on a set and not in a real city.
Are you talking about the MCU?

>definitive spiderman
Yeah, and it's still true. Maybe not best Peter, but his Spidey was the best of anyone's.

>eveything felt fake
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

Sympathetic Doc Ock, weepy peter and Haggy Jane run it for me, user.

>anymore bright ideas?
What a cunt.

Man I saw that movie in theaters opening night, and not since have I heard an audience cheer as loud as when Green Goblin got the wall pulled down on him.
Raimi Spider-man is the only capekino in existence.

youtu.be/cbq5r03Duj0

Raindrops keep fallin' on my DICK

Only SM2 is kino

i could never understand the appeal of raimi's work, but i'm not gonna shit on anyone who does enjoy it. if evil dead is your thing, go you, i'm happy for you. that being said i just don't like his take on spiderman.

It seems like for every /superhero/ movie since 2000, only Raimi's films have really felt like /comic book/ movies. Not just the melodramatic dialogue and plots, but the cinematography, color, action, and conspicuous SFX (you can almost see "thwip!" appear in text on-screen) really feel like a comic book page brought to screen. Snyder tried desperately to recreate Watchmen basically panel for panel, but Raimi's better sense for inventive, dynamic cinematography and love of "meaningful slapstick" just fit the films more than sheer mimicry could have. I'll never be over how good of a choice Raimi was for those movies, I can't imagine them any other way.

>that part where Spidey just keeps punching him in the face against the wall, picking Goblin up and punching him down again
kino

They are kind of awkward in a lot of ways MCU movies aren't but they benefit from feeling like real movies in retrospect and not just the latest installments of a product line like all the MCU movies do now

Kind of agreed, I don't know how it was decided that the second one was the stand-out one, ditto for the X-men movies

Hulk 2003 was kino too

>Their soulless movies

MoS and BvS are hardly soulless

>this is what DCfags actually believe

MCU's cities look like set to you?

This looks like a real place to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=dcs_dIIO_Fg&ab_channel=CoolestClips4K

That didn't age well... And I'm not talking about the moving wall.
The fight choreography is... meh?

As opposed to the 4 Star vs. and SU threads. Fuck off.

That's stupid have you ever got depressed and were unable to get an erection
It happens then you gotta get your mojo back

I thought the point of Peter's character was that he WAS a nerd/borderline school shooter type prior to his powers?

What choreography do you want? Some SW prequel shit? It was a normal fight.

Since phase 2? Yes.

How are the movies soulless?
Everyone on board was extremely passionated about it

>Marvelfags will defend this

No, idiots will defend that.

This plotline was taken straight from first The Amazing Spider-Man Annual. He lost his powers due to the immense guilt he felt and all the problems he was facing at the time, which was purely psychological thing. Just like in the comic, he regains it when his loved one is in danger and his determination fully returns.

Disney already wins just by merit of not having Tom Holland lose the mask every five fucking seconds
As a bonus that also means we don't need to see Tobey shitting out bricks or Andrew's stupid hair every other scene

>Using shitty CGI models and shitty CGI environment instead of real actors and practical effects is a merit
Really?

I always thought he came off like a closeted cat molester

Say what you want, but Raimi Spider Man might have been nice but it was also 'soulless' in that it completely ignored the core of the character. The fact that they have Spider Man take off his mask constantly, when comics Spider Man protects his identity on an insane level shows how much of a disconnect there was.

Also they constantly had things going back to Uncle Ben, like they thought Spider Man was Batman levels of obsessed about Uncle Ben. The whole "With great power comes great responsibility" saying is what underlines his character because of Uncle Ben's death, but he doesn't sit in the dark brooding over it and he doesn't have his entire life revolving around it.

Is it wrong that I like the bottom a lot more than the top because Spider Man has his mask on and he used a crap load of web to help secure the boat instead of just a few lines and then this body?

I just realized that both pictures have the statue of liberty in them. Cool detail.

>I don't want a movie, I want a cheap PS3 videogame

>CGI is videogames
Are you a mom from 2005?

>CGI with the quality of an old videogame
>It's f-fine. The model has a mask.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

Spiderman 2 is in my top three comic movies. Next to Iron Man and Sin City.

>The movies that Disney and WB are unable to top
I'd say Iron-Man did a decent job all things considered, so did the first two X-men movies (I know they're Fox) and Chris Nolan with The Dark Knight. And I'm a huge fan of Raimi and probably the only person who defends Spider-man 3, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

That looks like the rooftop scenes in The Room, probably because of the shitty green screen.

These movies are childish as fuck.

you mean campy.

i loved this cheese. sure it's dated now but i still love certain scenes.

I find Maguire's Peter to be the hardest to take seriously because he's like a small, awkward child in an adult's body. The way he acts, the way he talks, the way he thinks, and his bizarre attempts at being dramatic.

No, childish.

>be Sup Forums
>go to Sup Forums to trash capeshit
>profit???

Actually watch the scene. Only a few lines of webbing were left after the others snapped.

Checked for truth.

Proportional strength of a spider, baby. On top of that there's the Marvel explanation of 'regular people have been known to lift cars to save a baby from burning after an accident', meaning that in times of extreme duress Spidey gets a couple of magnitudes stronger, or as strong as the writer needs him to be within reason. Strength and toughness is to Spidey almost what prep time is to Bats.

It's comic related so... never.

>That horrendous CGI suit
>MCUcks are literally defending it in the replies

>MCU suit looks nothing like the one in the comics.

>"OMG! So comic accurate"

That has nothing to do with the CGI, retard.

That's literally who Peter Parker is. He doesn't know how to handle relationships or responsibilities, to disastrous results. Spiderman acts like a class clown to cover up his insecurities. Toby was perfect for this.

Raimi's still looks better unironically

Your point? Still something that's annoying about MCU fags.

>how creepy Peter comes across

raimi spiderman is a sensitive kid who happened to get superpowers

ditko / asm spiderman is the nerdy prick who could have gone full supervillain if not for the death of his uncle ben.

the best part is, most of spiderman's classic villains are twisted versions of himself, either being smarter or dumber or more or less successful or egotistical. classic spiderman is great stuff.

These movies are corny as shit

>spiderman

That out of the way, I do agree with you.
Just try and remember the hyphen so that you don't look silly.

Anyone else feel like the early 2000's comic book movies had the perfect amount of violence? They was no gore or anything (which was good) but they had some really great beat downs.

>no webbing on the proto suit
>light blue instead of navy blue or black
>custom footwear despite everything else looking cobbled together from off the shelf

baka senpai. on the bright side, the solid red does feel remniscent of the scarlet spider outfit.

Early 2000's comic book movies have something current movies don't: real villains. The Goblin was a real threat. You can feel how he wanted to kill Peter for good. We have nothing but jokes like Ultron and Loki now.

>Two people without any knowledge of martial arts are fighting like two people without any knowledge of martial arts.

Wow.

These movies were shit

Fuck off, child.

How can the MCU even compete? youtube.com/watch?v=KCB-balUBu8

It feels remarkably non-corporate, which considering how fucking stupid Sony is is pretty impressive. Not being tied down to a "cinematic universe" helps in that you are able to enjoy the film without being pushed by the movie itself or the 3 mid/post-credits scenes to be excited for whatever bullshit comes next.

More importantly it fully embraces its comic book roots far more than any other Marvel or DC film has or probably ever will. It's cheesy but feels honest with the story it's trying to tell and the themes it is trying to portray.

I like the MCU but yeah you are right. The only MCU movie villian that I thought was actually done well was Zemo which was because he wasn't a generic villain with a giant suit or some shit.

theyre okay generic super hero movies but not really spiderman films

>taking vigilante advice from Tony

You didn't like Wilson Fisk or Cottonmouth?

>spiderman

Sorry, missed the "movie" part of "movie villain".
Disregard me, I suck cocks.

t. Marvel shill

I don't remember the movie being this bad as a kid.
I didn't expect the special FX to age well but I never recalled them looking this cheesy.

>Custom footwear
It's just red shoes and socks. How is that "custom"?

Im trying to build a cosplay of this, and let me tell you, those shoes or something even remotely similar to them is about impossible to find. They're like some kind of rubbder slip on running clog.

Everything about that "suit" is awful.

wasn't it a cold?