About to watch this, what to expect

Just rented it. I've been anticipating\ dreading this for a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

123moviesfree.com/watch/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-2016-online-free-123movies.html
desuarchive.org/_/search/text/>>Bruce should have investigated Supes /
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which version ?

RETURN IT NOW, and watch the Ultimate Cut which is not on DVD.
Here.
123moviesfree.com/watch/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-2016-online-free-123movies.html

Good luck! It's a great film.

Extended cut is very good, theatrical is meh

It better be the ultimate/extended/directors, don't bother w/ the theatrical.

Anyway, it's one of the best cape films. Leave Sup Forums and focus on the film while viewing pls.

It's actually more interesting to watch the theatrical first and then the ultimate to see the changes.

Starting it now. Is it weird that I could tell from the WB logo that it'd open with a funeral?
Also, is that the Comedian playing Bruce's dad?

>about to watch
PLS DON'T, just slap your ballsack around for 3 hours or so.

it will be more enjoyable.

Too late I'm afraid... It'll have to be just the 2 1/2 hour cut for me.

Yes he is.

slooow-moooo

>liveblogging

Great idea. Browsing and posting is the best way to watch a film. Just look up when there's explosions or it gets loud or something. Then shitpost about how bad it was and how you didnt get it for months to come.

Don't post on Sup Forums until it's done. Write down your thoughts while watching instead.

Ok THAT was weird lol
Is the whole movie like this?

Why are the people in Bruce's building so calm?
This is kinda reminding me of war of war of the worlds...

paying attention to bvs is an insult to cinema in general anyway.

Wait until you get to the jolly rancher and piss scene.

they all moved from gotham, they are "damaged"

>didn't pay attention to BvS
>why is this movie so confusing???
I hate retards.

hope you've got a good neck pillow.

I'm not gonna post too much. Every so often.
Already noticing that this cut is really lacking in transition shots. Amy and Henry Cavill are cute tho.

Also
>BAT BRAND OF JUSTICE

Best transition shot in the theatrical was the bats.

This lex performance...
I don't know...

Whatever you do OP, don't watch Suicide Squad. Trust me.

BvS is pretty bad, but Suicide Squad made me want to gouge my eyes out while I was watching it.

Bruce and Alfred are great though.
Lex fucking bombed that acceptance speech.

>About to watch this, what to expect.

WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU JUST WATCH IT, THEN?

Are the people who make threads like these trolling? Why would one decide to watch a movie, stop, go on to the Internet, and then ask what's going to happen when they could just watch the movie they decided to watch and then come to their own conclusion?

So fucking stupid.

At first I thought it was weird but then it made sense after I thought about it. If you still don't get it at the end of the film I can help you out.

A finer appreciation of the taste of ass

Never asked it to a friend?

>Sup Forums
>having friends
funny

>Never asked it to a friend?

No, I honestly never did. Why would I?

>what I would ask:
"Is this movie worth watching?"
>what I wouldn't ask:
"I decided to watch this movie, so please tell me everything about it anyway, even though I already decided I was going to see it anyway."

Let me guess, you're the kind of guy who asks what's going to happen in a movie instead of just waiting and seeing what happens?

Nigga, 90% of the time when people say "About to watch this, what to expect." all the members of the conversation are smart enough to know that he meant: "So, what you thought about this movie?"

Nobody is asking for you to writte everything that happened.

OP here. Was gonna watch BvS with a friend actually but both aren't gonna be here this weekend. So I figured I'd watch it with Sup Forums.

Do it pal

It fucking sucks balls

Not as bad as Suicide Squad though

I really didn't like it when I first saw it, kinda warmed up to it a bit now. It's bad but at least it's bad in an interesting way. The kind of bad where you can tell that they really tried to make something special bit fell short of it. I prefer ambitious failure to bland mediocrity.

Don't bother with Suicide Squad, though.

OP, just finished.
Uhhh, I didn't hate it? It didn't rile me up like MoS did, and there was certainly stuff in it that was good, but there's no cohesiveness to any of it.
Like, if I walked in on this movie and watched a scene of it I might've thought I was watching something good. But none of it comes together at all? Am I making sense?

Yeah and you're wrong. See it again until it makes sense to you.

Kinda. But you should stop using question marks like that because it's incredibly obnoxious.

Anyway, yes, it has quite a few individual scenes that are pretty good. There's a lot about it that I really respect but it falls just short of being actually good.

Sorry, just processing the whole thing. Might have to watch it again, probably the extended cut.
Just figuring out what the hell Lex's angle in the whole thing was is perplexing. He just came off like a lunatic.

He was. And it was one of the many misguided ideas in the movie to play him for comic relief. Basically, he has a problem with authority because he was abused by his dad. Which made him assume that power is inhereny abusive and that someone who posesses superhuman abilities is inherently dangerous and needs to be destroyed at all costs.

Yeah I got that from the rooftop speech. Which isn't a... horrible motivation for a villian except I don't really know why that translates into making him fight Batman, or why he made Doomsday, or why he just let himself get arrested. Unless of course he's just crazy. So I guess he's just crazy.

Think I'm gonna have to watch Suicide Squad out of morbid curiosity. With booze. A lot of booze.

>I don't really know why that translates into making him fight Batman,
If Batman kills Superman, that's good.
If Superman kills Batman, that's good.

>or why he made Doomsday
Insurance policy/to create something powerful from his blood

>or why he just let himself get arrested.
It's explained in the extended edition. It's to launch a better legal defense.

Yup this. BvS wasn't good, but my normie roommates still fucking hated suicide squad. Its barely even a movie

Well there you go.
I still think the BvS aspect is pretty weak, but I hear that's elaborated on in the extended cut.

Another thing I just found kinda funny, Perry White's weird obsession with forcing Clark to write about sports, and the Daily Planet headlines that sounded like they came out of the 30s cartoon.
>Bat Brand of Justice!

The fact is that the movie is like a bunch of trailers put together.

And it doesnt make you care about the main characters, while you have entire scenes of side characters giving monologues.

>Just figuring out what the hell Lex's angle in the whole thing was is perplexing. He just came off like a lunatic.

For example, he had no need to create Doomsday, after spending 2 years for his master plan....and not even checking it it worked before making a monster that is uncontrolable......

Or any reason to bring Supes mother all the way from Kansas, to right next to him to "blackmail" him. This was obviously only done so that Batman could save her.

Or why the faggot used Lexcorp trademarked bullets and bombs. He is just "random".

>Or why the faggot used Lexcorp trademarked bullets and bombs.

Cause it put the CIA in a bind where they decided to not investigate anything.

BvS is an absolute masterpiece. You just need to love cinema in order to see it.

It makes perfect sense. Now watch it again. Ultimate Cut this time.

And this time, pay attention to the scenes at the fireplaces.

>Nigga, 90% of the time when people say "About to watch this, what to expect." all the members of the conversation are smart enough to know that he meant: "So, what you thought about this movie?"

So why don't they just ask that instead of asking what to expect? That doesn't make much sense.

no, see the ultimate cut, its much better.

>not liking the piss scene

fuck off you pleb, having Lex transform someones words into mockery is classic Lex Luthor. The senator is doing something she believes to be for the greater good and against Luthor (peach tea) but it was actually part of Luthor's plan all along (piss). By using the last thing she said to him as a way of showing her his power is just so fantastically evil.

its a great movie

Its really not bad though

There is actually a lot of cohesion if you pay attention

more cohesion

I can't really call it good. Certain parts of it, maybe, but not as a whole.

I've only seen the ultimate cut and had some minor issues but thought it was pretty good overall. This thread is kind of making want to go back and watch it again to see what I've forgotten about it.

nah its really good, but I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine

>123moviesfree.com/watch/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-2016-online-free-123movies.html

thanks, never seen the ultimate cut

whats this website? never heard of it

Sure. At least it's a movie where I can see why some would get more out of it than I did.

There are a bunch of movies about which I feel the same way.

I know this movie is overladen with symbolism but I think you're grasping here, user.

how are those grasping?

Luthor has a whole speech about the horses in reference to American heroes.

Snyder very obviously re-uses the same shots for the spear and the flowers to draw a parallel to how Batman holds the guilt of his mother's death into the battle with Superman.

And the fireplaces both represent Luthor and Batman's dads, they even both talk about their dads infront of said fireplaces.

Please, what part is reaching?

and the Wizard of Oz thing isnt reaching at all, its like lifting imagery and phrases only associated with that movie.

UGH joe chill breaking the necklace with the hammer of his pistol is the dumbest shit

>I didnt see it, so its grasping

Theatrical cut is good
Extended is better
But neither are great

This movie is so fucking bad, that it is not even funny.

I doubt that I will ever have a bigger deception with a movie. So many stupid plot holes...and characters acting in a retarded and irrational way without any reason...

It sucks but, and maybe it's because I knew specifically the dumb parts before I watched it, I didn't think it was as bad as people were making it seem. Just kind of generally messy and unimpressive.

People at the top of this thread did say not to watch the theatrical release. The theatrical cut is chopped to hell. Aside from the added material the extended cut has much better transitions and flows from scene to scene much more smoothly.

Lex generally was afraid of meta-humans taking over. It wasn't just about Superman, he also had the data on Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman. Superman was just the biggest and most public target. So he went about trying to discredit Superman by causing death and destruction everywhere Superman tried to help people. Luthor's biggest fear was the heroes organizing because he believes they'd take over the world or destroy it. So he pit them against each other, manipulating both Batman and Superman to view the other as a dangerous threat.

Doomsday would have been Luthor's anti-meta weapon to use on the others after he's done with Superman. He did believe he could control it because he's Lex Luthor. There's been dozens of stories in the comics where Luthor tries to make a Superman clone he could control, only to have it go wrong. The movie just swapped out Bizzarro for Doomsday.

>plot holes

nope

>characters acting for no reason

nope

Comics are stupid! It should be more like the MCU which makes fun of comic book NERDS like you!

You know, this pic is actually pretty spot on.

Classic Snyder defense force would somehow say that putting a Metropolis poster would make the movie "oh so deep and smart" and better than it actually is, just because of symbology and a fucking reference.

Or just watch the movie. You don't need to understand every reference to know that it's great.

>Talking tree and Raccoom on one side
>"WW costume is red because of the blood of her enemies" on the other.

>>plot holes
>nope

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?
>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?
>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?
>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?
>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?
>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?
>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?
>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.
>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?
>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA. Why Nigga cant even choose how to dress like?
>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!”.

the first act woulda been a million times cooler if bruce'd showed up at metropolis in full gear and with the batmobile

then maybe he wouldve been able to help more than two people

yeah i guess it wouldve reduced the significance of him feeling too human at the sight of our new alien overlords duking it out but who cares

One of my biggest beefs will always be that they decided to go with Frank Miller.

>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?
>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?
>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.
>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?
>>So why didnt they just kill MARTHA the moment batman arrived?
>>Why didn't Superman use his super speed to zip by and save his mom as soon as he learned she was in danger? If Batman could saver her, why not him, that is quickier and more powerful?
>>Why did Lex's goons kidnap a woman in Kansas and take her all the way to the east coast right next to where Superman is forced to fight?
>>Why this movie sells less than Deadpool?

Now for more shit:

>Batman casually kills people
>Superman edgy and silent, not hopeful or inspirational
>Doomsday, retarded origin, uninteresting character, doesn't speak, no motivation, just mindless killing machine, shitty CGI
>Way too much time spent watching fake looking final CGI fight
>Distracting Justice League cameos in an already bogged down movie
>CIA agent Jimmy Olsen, quickly executed
>Literally no jokes, humor or light moments, due to DC's 100% brooding angst policy

completely different

the comic looks like he broke the necklace in a heated struggle while the film took a long time to show how he was making a point of breaking the necklace with his pistol just to be sinister

>examples of visual symmetry

>not cohesion, ie how scenes flow into one another in order to tell a story, has more to do with pacing rather than visuals

> symmetry=how a film looks
> cohesion= how a film feels

>using this same copy pasta again despite it being constantly debunked

desuarchive.org/_/search/text/>>Bruce should have investigated Supes /

How much is Marvel paying you? This is just sad.

What I take from all of these is that Snyder is excellent and far better at most in the art of visual and symmetrical storytelling (similar to David Fincher and Stanley Kubrick), but he couldn't sow together a flowing narrative if Francis Ford Coppola handed him the needles and Akira Kurosawa was feeding him the yarn.

what the fuck are you talking about? Way to just make up definitions out of no where like an autist.

cohesion
[koh-hee-zhuh n]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
the act or state of cohering, uniting, or sticking together.
By having visual/thematic/character parallels it makes parts that seemed to be separate or detached as parts of a greater narrative and unites them.

Good job looking autistic though.

iirc he was there on business or something? But honestly, two literal gods are destroying everything around you and some giant alien machine flattening what's left. Your car and grapple gun probably aren't going to help much. If anything, he would have felt more helpless because with all he's worked for his entire life, it would still amount to nothing.

what do you mean the narrative flows together fine. And those images do show narrative flow by having a repetition of scenes and ideas but now shown in a different line to illuminate character growth or any other number of things.

Dont forget, that Zack bazed Batman characterization of him missing the point of the comic and thinking that Batman kills people there...went it is a major plot point and immense part of the theme that he doesnt.

Snydercucks know nothing about how a story is made dude. They think that a scene looking pretty is all that is needed for a movie to be good, it is like Prequel defense tier.

>2019
>>WB FINALLY reboots the Batman and the DC movies
>Even give it the name everyone's been calling it "The DCCU"
>Movie finally comes out
>It has genuine fight choreography, Batman performs actual detective deduction
>WELL ACTED
>COHERENTLY PLOTTED
>FOCUSED ON THE HERO
>They actually develop Batman's character beyond "fake playboy who's PARENTS ARE DEEEAAD!"
>Makes over a billion dollars
>Snyderfans on suicide watch, fitfully insist Batfleck was genius kino. Everyone else happy.
>WB blacklists Goyer, throws Snyder and his wife out of the building
>One day we get to tell our sibling's grandchildren that the greatest superhero movie ever made A) wasn't made by Disney, B) wasn't a Marvel character, and C) was about a guy who became THE BAT and fought crime in Gotham.

1. Take hero
2. show us what makes that hero tick, what sets him apart
3. make the audience care about him
4. Have him beat evil while grooving on how great it is to be an awesome hero
5. Profit

It even works for low budget R-rated films. I should go advise WB.

When was it debunked? Every time that someone tries, they stumble and fail when you analyze their answers to these problems. Its on the link that you posted.

he had been retired from being Batman for awhile, since Robin died. He only starts again because of Superman.

> Every time that someone tries, they stumble and fail

No they dont, you are just autistic.

The plot is fine none of your complaints are valid. Like the Batman one right off the bat is retarded because they make it clear that he doesnt think Superman has a human side AND you say he needs it to defeat Superman when he very obviously doesnt because he gets to a victory condition without it. It just shows you have a complete misunderstanding of the movie at its base level and that you are the retard.

>intentionally misunderstanding the movie
>BUT THEY DIDNT ANSWER ME WELL ENOUGH!!!

goddamn you are the worst kind of cancer.

Snyder is actually quite bad dealing with colours. All the screem is usually just one or 2 colours.