Admit it. Mulan was cooler as a "man"

That tomboy look.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l0moSIn1Pmk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Made_Man_(book)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would fuck both.

Mulan after the haircut but in girl mode is best Mulan.

Would you a Ping Sup Forums?
Dont ask dont tell of course.

I wish she was bi.

He was a try hard and tense, now that lanky boi was pretty cool

He was a fool in school for cutting gym.

Ping was brave.

Don't you even dare trying to turn me gay with your degenerate cartoons!

It's not gay if the "man" is actually a chick.

>" he posted on Sup Forums

That final fight with Shan Yu on the roof where she used a fan to disarm him? That was cooler than anything she did as Ping

Like bring down a whole mountain top and almost wipe out an entire army?

I didn't notice it the first time I watched the movie, but she could have easily killed Shan Yu when he was unarmed and she had a sword on two occasions. At least it was a reasonable thing to try, instead of that overcomplicated plan with the rockets that had no purpose except making Shan Yu's death kid-friendly. I mean, in other Disny movies they managed to find reasonalbe ways for villains to have non-graphic deaths, but here it doesn't make sense.

Having a sword doesn't magically make you more physically capable than your opponent. It's not a gun, after all.

She missed the important ones and her fellow soldiers still nearly killed her even after she saved them all

It doesn't make you more physically capable, but it gives a HUGE advantage. At least in real word, a guy, no matter how big, would have very little chances against anyone with a sword and proper training. Okay, in the movie's world logic this may be a little different, as we see later, Mulan manages to avoid being killed when she's unarmed and Shan Yu has the sword. But the point is that when you have a sword and your opponent is unarmed, and your goal is to kill him, you will try to do it with the sword, it's just what comes natural, and it has much more chances of success than some kind of contrived plans with rockets.

There's an enormous strength difference between virtually any woman and a man of that build that I just don't think any sword could possibly overcome

Tomboys are the fucking best. You can fap to masculanity without being gay

traps are gay

You do know how swords work, right? Yes, it's quite obvious that Shan Yu is a lot stronger than Mulan, but that won't do him much good against a sword. Swords don't need to overcome strength, they just stab or cut. Muscles may offer a little protection, but not too much, whatever he'd try to do he'd risk being killed or seriously injured. And again, as I said, the point is that in a situation like that you don't have time to think much, you have a sword, you'll try to use it.

You are aware that the differences aren't just in pure muscle mass, right? Men have much better reflexes on average, etc.
He'd have a huge advantage in terms of avoiding the sword, and that's assuming she doesn't have trouble wielding it or anything like that.

(Do correct me if any of this isn't in accordance with the movie, though. I haven't seen it in ages.)

>You are aware that the differences aren't just in pure muscle mass, right?
Yes, also bone mass and that's about it.

>Men have much better reflexes on average
Better, but not much. And unless you're WAY quicker than your opponent, reflexes won't do you much good against a sword. It seems you don't understand just how much of an advantage a sword gives. But okay, that's in real life, and in the movie it's shown that yeah, reflexes can really help you. Only, it's shown when Mulan avoids Shan Yu's sword, so we actually know that he doesn't have this advantage.

And again, why are you ignoring the main point? It's a life or death situation, you have a sword, you WILL use it, especially if you're trained to do it. That's the most obvious, the most natural and the easiest solution, it doesn't matter how large and intimidating your opponent is. No one would stop and go out of their way to carry out a complicated plan where a shitload of things can go wrong, when they only need to fucking stab an unarmed guy. Okay, if they showed that she tries to do that, but fails, that would be understandable, but she doesn't.

Problem is, it's not a video game. If she tries to do that and fails, she may very well not get another chance, if you get my drift. She chose the option that allowed Shan Yu the least chance of escape.

>All this bickering

Just enjoy the reverse-trap

I just rewatched the scene, she actually has the sword at his throat at one point. But she decides to do some kung-fu (and that's where his strength actually should matter a lot) and pin his cape to the roof so that he can be blasted by a rocket.

>bickering
>actual discussion
Choose one.

What happened after that point? Did he escape or did she just leave, or something else?

I like how this movie implies that asians are so androgynous, all they had to do was tie her hair up and, bam, she's a he now.

He got blasted by a rocket.

I mean, what prevented her from cutting him with the sword at that exact moment you mentioned?

Dude, it's just a cartoon. And she actually wraps her boobs in clothing to hide them. In many European tales and stories women have no problems disguising as men. And well, it happened in real life too.

Nigga you calling my manly bro Ping for a girl?

Nothing. That's the point. Watch it (from 2:10) youtube.com/watch?v=l0moSIn1Pmk

She has the sword at his throat, than he even turns away from her when the sword is still there. I guess she really wanted to impress everyone with explosions and fireworks.

are you kidding?
if this art style was trying to make me think asians are gross, it would be pretty successful

Thanks for the link, man.
I rewatched it carefully: looks like you're right about the first time, but then a few seconds later he just dodges it, so there's no guarantee she could have killed or even hurt him with the sword. Pinning him with it when he had little time to even think seems like a smarter strategy overall. tfw kite captcha

>And well, it happened in real life too.
Recently (well, ten years ago) there was that woman who dressed up as a man for a year and a half to see how the experience went (she decided after that women had more privilege and she didn't want to be a man).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Made_Man_(book)

In general women pass as men much easier then men pass as women, for one thing because men are expected to be diverse and not held up to a single standard as much as women are, so a feminine man doesn't stick out as hard as a masculine woman. Also because it's easier to fake a beard and a deep voice then to fake tits and a high pitched voice.

Why did you post a picture of Ping? Ping is the manliest guy I know. Sure his build is a bit feminine and I want to rub my face against his soft skin no homo but he's definitely 100% badass.

>It's a life or death situation, you have a sword, you WILL use it, especially if you're trained to do it.
makes me think of zelda.. half the time i have a heavy two-handed sword i'm like FUCK FUCK FUCK I CANT ugh JUST RUN switch to a shortsword

uh, that's true. it's also why they have more stories about successful crossdressing.

Ping probably turned some people gay. I know you are gay, do not lie to me.

But this is a reverse trap.