Adventure Time

Third miniseries announced. It's a direct sequel of Islands. Fern fucked up.

>Adventure Time – The Emmy and Peabody Award-winning show is back with an eight-part miniseries of epic proportions later this year. Fans will be just as surprised as Finn to discover what happened to the kingdoms of Ooo while he was away at sea. This next miniseries comes fresh off the heels of Adventure Time: Islands, which reached almost four million people. The series is created by Pendleton Ward and executive produced by Adam Muto.

The series will return in June.

newsarama.com/33804-ben-10-reboot-5-new-shows-lead-cartoon-network-s-2017-18-line-up.html

Other urls found in this thread:

childofsquid.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck is with all this plot? I want the status quo I'm accustomed to. Seriously though I don't know how to feel about this.

I just want fucking reruns

The reasoning behind all the plot is because like the Ice King, Adventure Time is ending soon.

So to pack it all in and to deliver a "finished ending" with all loose ends tied, there will be these plot centric arcs to cover these loose ends.

i like the mini series
the writers want to make big things happen so let them
the alternative is to start a big thing, and never finish it, like the ice king's time traveling girlfriend that messes with his crown
she pops up every 40th episode, moves her subplot forward an inch, then fucks off back to the closet of forgotten plots
letting them do a big move all in one sitting is a smart reaction to the netflix era

June? I don't care when episodes come out anymore, but really? It just came back.

I was not expecting this at all. So I guess that PB miniseries everyone was expecting isn't happening after all?
This thing could be really cool but I have no idea what direction this will take.

Is anyone else sort of sad that it sounds like they're so focused on plot that there's no more time for them to just have fun casual episodes anymore about one off adventures? I guess I'd rather stuff like this that finishes up some of the show's story arcs but I don't know. This is making me realize just how close AT is to ending and I don't like it.
Stinks that the final seasons are so tight on time, I could see the show going for another full 52 episode length season before finally ending, but I think it's awesome that the staff seem to be utilizing all the time they have left.

>Finn and Jake leave for a few months
>everything goes to hell
you know this is a welcome reminder that Finn and Jake are super important to Ooo's ecosystem, it's nice that the shows having them be heroes integral to the land's health

excited to see this shit happen, season 8 has been real crazy so far

On one hand, I'm looking forward to it. It's nice that they aren't just skipping forward to the gang getting back to Ooo and resuming their lives as normal, and given how enjoyable Islands was, I'm eager to see what this next mini series has to offer.

On the other hand...June? Islands got a lot of people excited, even winning back some of the fans that had dropped the show, CN decides that the best thing to do is put it on a five-month hiatus.

>like the Ice King
You predict an Ice King death?

So despite PB's efforts, everything went to shit without the Hero?

Or without the Hero, she finally went off the deep end?

I see it more as Fern was too shitty to effectively guard the land and allowed either generic monsters or old villains (Patience? Maja? Gross? someone else?) to come back in force and fuck shit up or something.

Will Fern finally cuck Finn out his only chance of not dying a virgin?

Fern's gonna be too busy getting yelled at because he was so shit he couldn't protect Ooo for a few weeks.
He has all those powers and he can't even take on Ooo's usual chumps? What a fucking dweeb, no ones gonna wanna cuck Finn with that guy.

This shit isn't over yet?

Still got like 2 dozen episodes to go.
Don't worry, CN is trying their best to kill it anyway and airs episodes in quick, brief batches so you won't have to hear about it for much longer.

ah, damn. I liked Fern.

Anyone with a brain left this show two seasons ago, nobody cares

Anyone with a brain left this show 4 seasons ago, pleb

Not weeks. Months. Finn spent 3 months with his mom, according to the animatics.

Anyone with a brain knows this shot got back on track this past season

Thank fucking god, Islands was pretty good and I'm glad that the writers are actually set up to finish something for once, now let's hope that they can at least do something decent with the little time they have left.

Also why does CN think it's a good idea to realease 8 episodes in 2 weeks and then go on hiatus for 4 months?

CN seems to outright hate their shows at this point (besides TTGo) so this seems to just be them fucking them over because of reasons.

I suppose I can sort of get it with Adventure Time and Regular Show since those are both/were on their way out, but not for the rest of their still alive shows.

Oh yay, time for the triumphant return of the only reason to watch Adventure Time. People fu king up

Oh and maybe zome more teasing of best ship.

>Islands was pretty good

Because they are done with the show, so they'll just dump the episodes whenever they can and move back to stuff they have more of an investment in.

I assume AT has stopped being profitable for them a while back, so they are ready to cut the cord. Or there's a new higher up who has a disdain for shows that aren't just gags.

>Loud House

And that's how I don't care about your opinion.

It was though.

If they wanna get the show over with then why would they take 4 month hiatuses all the time? Just fucking air the episodes and be done with it, this is so retarded.

And here I thought CN was any better than Nick, oh well.

Either way I cannot completively blame them, yes, Adventure Time is getting good again but holy shit did they not fuck up around 3 seasons ago. They had everthing set up to continue having AT as the "mainstream" cartoon but they fucked everything so bad it wasn't even funny. Serves them right for being such shit writters.

At least they are letting them finish it, I guess.

>posts Loud Shit image

I have no idea whether you're being sincere or not.

I suspect that if we really were seeing CN "cut the cord," Islands would be the closest thing we'd get to a conclusion for AT.

I'm more willing to believe that Ward just wants to move on, but he's trying to give the show the closure it deserves.

GRASSED

Didn't Ward stopped working in AT for a while? When he broke up with his girlfriend or something.

god what a fucking hack holy shit

Isn't Ice King supposed to turn into some kind of flying beast in the far future?

It just isn't an AT thread without >GRASSED posters.

He's still there but not the showrunner anymore.

And he's only a bit of a hack, he was just a DnD nerd who wanted to make a fun cartoon then it became bigger than anyone could have anticipated. He's too gentle a soul for that.
He's a significant step above people like Hirsch who actively sabotaged their shows just because they were tired of working on it.

JUNE

EAT SHIT SU

Is this counting the DVD sales and downloads or something? Because the ratings for those episodes were only like 1.5 mil.

Is SU even aired on TV anymore?

Maybe. We really don't know what that was exactly. Could be the Ice King merged with the crown? Who knows.

Not anymore. There's barely any reruns and the channel isn't advertising the new episodes.

probably includes digital sales what with the entire miniseries getting put up before the show

Eh, I don't know user, most of the things he's worked on aren't pretty good, aside AT, which arguably isn't even good, just had potential.

Bit of both, i am a dirty /u/ fag but its mostly fun to watch some people freak over it. Plus Finn fucking up or someone else is usually a pretty good story.

He's only worked on like some Flapjack episodes and Adventure Time. Nothing else besides that, there's Bravest Warriors but as far as I know he only made the pilot and was never involved with the actual series. That's barely anything, and Flapjack and AT were both good.

>It was though
Name me one good thing about Islands

It was the most adventurous the show has literally ever been.

I like your style. Not a lot of people 'round these parts share those sentiments.

Will Finn discover that he has been cucked from his role as a hero by Fern while he was away fucking around with his mother?

He gave Fern that mantle himself, dingus.
And it sounds like the land is in dire straits, probably because Fern wasn't good at his job.

oh nooooooo

Anyone with a brain never watched past the 3rd season

Anyone with a brain never left

Who's the artist?

What a shitty substitute for a hero

Never mind, found her.

>only does SU now

this person I think
childofsquid.tumblr.com/
does lots of lesbos if you like that stuff

what, childofsquid?
She's pretty much 90% Adventure Time.

Oh yeah you are right. I got them confused.

Fucking google ruined image searching.

That's the one.

Just a reminder that Orb (the next episode) ends with Finn, Jake and BMO arriving at Ooo, but the place has been fucked up

And Nightmare Princess (from the 3rd AT game) shows up, but with a different design from the game.

And Skyhooks is probably the first episode from the miniseries.

I wonder what happened, but I hope it has to do with Patience, the whole 4 elements thing has potential to be a cool arc.

eh.. i'd rather have normal episodes. whatever.
that's almost certainly the crown's next victim. in a way simon will live forever inside the crown along with its other wearers

>i'd rather have normal episodes
What if... we only get minseries until the end?

>no u

Not him but that would be great.

No miniseries has been bad so far, while random episodes have been a hit or miss since Season 3.

Somehow fucking Disney of all places is the best network to be right now, with Nick not far behind.

Retards will shitpost about WoY, Tron, hiatuses and the like, but the truth of the matter is they really are the best domestic channel to be on right now. Even the shows that ended they give a fair amount of re-airings and somewhat fresh content. Pokemon has been getting the best treatment it's had in years.

As for AT, I'm happy it's found it's bearings once more. yeah it's had it's really shitty moments but it's one of the few show's I've to actually learn from them and try to improve.

I remember reading that one of the writers (might've been Kent, but don't quote me on that) said that things snowball like crazy in Season 8.

I think that was Sam Alden. Either way they weren't kidding.

>3rd AT game

AT had games?

That was Alden and if this shit keeps continuously going like this then I believe him.

I'm glad AT was finally able to do stuff like this, if only if had happened a few years earlier. Most of the plot points that got fucked could have benefited from the extra focus these miniseries are providing.

Yes. A Zelda 2 clone, a shitty Gauntlet clone, a game based on Zelda 1 and A Link to the Past and an "episodic" adventure game that resembles the old Lucasarts/Telltale pre-TWD games

it's so sad.. pen said RIGHT From the beginning that he wanted a monster hunter type game. why couldnt they just.. do it? it was CN's biggest cash cow, the biggest innovator in animation in a decade. just mail japan a finn hat and ask them nicely

i'm okay with the series ending like that, but in between I need more good normal episodes to make up for some of the kinda poor normal episodes

I was sorta expecting that the rest of the season would be about Fern, but since they are wrapping the arc on miniseries, i'm actually glad since they can be more focused on properly telling it instead of permateasing like the previous... 6 seasons.

I want the series to end on a "normal" episode. Just to see the characters hang out and continue with their lives after resolving the final conflict in the show. That'd be fitting I think.

What the hell

AT reruns? In 2017?!?

I barely see what the point is of airing the show again if you're giving it literally two slots a week.

It's for the April Fools joke that CN is doing this year. I don't know what are they going to do, but they're teasing something.

We already know the joke though, it's Adventure Time is so close to airing but fuck you we're putting it on every artificial hiatus we conceivably can because screw you, the audience. With a not retarded airing schedule the show could be over and done with by now.

Even if they got an April Fools plan, maybe try airing more than just two episodes CN? People will barely notice the shows even back.

mfw April Fools' schedule is pretty much a pre-2014 tuesday schedule.

I don't think they're abandoning one-off episodes, Islands gave us Imaginary Resources after all. Sure that episode introduced one possible "dead end" for humanity, as well as the means for Finn to hang out with his Mom in what would have been his family's house, but it was still pretty much it's own thing. I don't think they need Pen Ward to do that either.

Wow she's cute

What is this GRASSED posting mean

>Loudfag

Some cuckfags think that Fern will cuck Finn and steal HW from him, since they're both plant people.

This, however, makes no sense storywise. They haven't even met, Fern fucked up on his job (since shit happened on Ooo during Islands) and HW has been stalking Finn lately.

I'm not sure HW is a plant person that much. And Fern can't play the flute.

Devil's advocate: Cinna bun was a retard when he got with FP.

Dammit.

Yeah. but that won't stop the cuckfags from ruining every single AT thread with this GRASSED shit.

CB isn't with FP romantically, he's basically just in the same friendzoned knight position Finn is in with Bubblegum.

Also, is CB still smart or not? I thought he got made retarded again in The Cooler but it's been so long I forget.

cancerous ship

>Pendleton Ward
Wuh?
I thought he was completely usurped by Rebecca Sugar.

Good.

Maybe Finn will finally get the respect he deserves, because he puts up with a lot of shit for all the stuff he does.

It's ridiculous

All the ships in AT are cancer, it just so happens that Bubbline is the cutest.

Excuse me, Jake and Lady are as far from cancer as you can get. Anticancer.

Well duh, they relationship is basically unexistant. If Lady became a regular character it would be unbearable.