I never watched any Hellboy movie. Are they good?

I never watched any Hellboy movie. Are they good?

they are shit

And here we see an objectively incorrect opinion in the wild

They are good but not as good as I thought they were when I was younger

Generic Del Taco flicks. The books are infinitely better. Better writting, God-Tier Atmosphere, great art, God-Tier EuroMythology and just plain fun.

They're alright

Oh im sorry They wre so fun! Did you have fun brainlet? Did you enjoy a man in a red costume fight Rapsutin, demons and the nazis? Sure you did!

First one is really good but doesn't feel properly fleshed out in areas. Second one has Del Toro trying to stick a bunch of pan's labyrinth imagery into a threadbare story, but it works well enough, even though it really doesn't suit hell boy's atmosphere.

Ah yeah that about wraps it up. You know you don't automatically win an argument by calling someone a brainlet right?

>claiming Hellboy is for brainlets
>not appreciating masterful monster, set and costume designs
>not appreciating 2 of the best comic book adaptations ever done thanks to GDT

you brainlet meme spammers come across as pretty retarded yourselves

>>not appreciating 2 of the best comic book adaptations ever done thanks to GDT
You've never read a HB book, have you?

I meant in terms of character, I know the stories themselves are within their own universe, but they got the best actor to play Hellboy to a tee

Nah, the Del Taco flicks captured neither the charm, atmosphere orheart of the books. Mignola did a fuckton of reasearch on folklore for them. Del Taco just slapped fantasyshit on top of an action flick and got it over with.

I liked them. Pearlman's great. So is Doug Jones.

they're pretty fun yeah but don't hold a candle to the comics and the expanded universe as a whole.

Hellboy and Abe drunk and singing Barry Manilow's Can't smile without you is Kino though

First one is generic capeshit
Second one is essential DelTorocore

where do I get started with the Hellboy comics?

I watched the first one and it was boring. Pacific Rim is Del Toro's only good movie, and even that's not great.

>make hellboy act like a moody teenage cunt and give him some retarded highschool melodrama romance
other than that I enjoyed them

Watched the first one because the DVD was on offer at £1. Won't be watching any more, even if they knock £1 off the price.

Seed of Destruction is the first trade, but you can kinda read them in any order you wish. There's not much of an overarching plot.

What's it like having shit taste

good production value, not outstanding but fine sets, costumes, make up and vfx.
For the rest the comics are much much much better.

wrong

I know you're trolling but it's true

yes especially the second one

First one is okay but bogged down by the shitty Myers character. Second one GDT had more creative control and it's a lot better.

Oh and they're not really faithful to the comics if that's why you're asking.

The first two storylines aren't that great. Mignola was still trying to find his voice. If I were you I'd start with Conqueror Worm and then go from there.