I've left Marvel for a while now and thinking of coming back

I've left Marvel for a while now and thinking of coming back.

Did they make an event that surpass pic related yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookroundup.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dear god it's all garbage
turn back now

A few individual titles have been good but marvel really hasn't looked good in years, only good compared to DC a few years ago. Now they a shit again outside a select few series

Wow, they really haven't actually. Huh, its all garbage

Do not, UNDER CIRCUMSTANCES, read anything related to modern Cosmic Marvel.

Nova is tolerable.

So I take it I shouldn't even bother, huh?

Ms. Marvel was good until Secret Wars.
Nova has been consistently mediocre which is above average for Marvel, and I'm actually enjoying it right now.
Gwenpool is Good™, if you like Chris Hastings and his work.
By NO MEANS should you EVEN APPROACH a modern Marvel Event.

I would at least give Nova a shot. But seriously? Don't touch any of the other modern cosmic books...

Pretty much.
Marvel is publishing an insane number of books right now, and maybe about two or three of them are worth reading.
I'd check out Vision by Tom King if I was you. That was probably the last great book they've been involved with. And I do mean GREAT. Other than that, Foolkiller and Gwenpool have been surprisingly fun, but I can't think of much wroth checking out beyond that.

>The Champion's only good appearance
Hmmmmm

>"I hate everything about that sentence"

Me too Nova, me too

You could read up through Thanos Imperative. It will be a good cosmic run that doesn't quite live up to Annihilation. Then read the current Nova ongoing.

Why do people act like Annihilation was good?

Because they liked it, silly.

Marvel ended with Thanos Imperative, in my opinion.

Standoff was way more fun

But why? It was mediocre as fuck yet some how its the gold standard for events around here.

I liked conquest better than Annhilation.

You aren't wrong. Choosing either as preferred reading isn't crazy.
Ultron conquering a section of space was rad. Plus the way it happened was dope.

Duly noted, I'll try some of those. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

Because it is.

>gold standard

Yeah, they're wrong. Annihilation is in no way the gold standard of events.

It's the platinum standard.

hickman's avengers run and the stuff that followed until he left marvel

Because they have better taste than you.

>I've left Marvel for a while now and thinking of coming back.
Don't.

>generic mustache twirling villain
>they lose but Galactus fixes everything
>Cammy
It's just not good.

X-Men Legacy(Basically the Legion arc) is good.
Uncanny X-Force up to Marvel Now! is great.

If you like X-books that is.

Nova is fucking great, but it'll die within the year and Loveness will be annoyed and leave immediately.

Nova is decent, I'm enjoying it.

Yeah but that's the same with all Marvel books

Annihilus has always been crazy conquer everyrhing, not all enemies have to ne woobie 2deep4u characters especially when other characters have the depth.

I didn't care about Cammy but she isn't that bad.

Galactus doesn't fix everything, he just takes out half of Annihilus' fleet and it didn't come out without casualties, he also didn't defeat Annihilus, that was Phyla and Rich.

>Nova has been consistently mediocre
Hey, Nova's been GREAT since Rich came back.

I'll enjoy the ride until then, that said people were giving this comic no more than 7 issues and it's already confirmed to go for more than 10.

99% of Galactus stuff was jobbing. It was nice to see him bitchslap Annihilus.

I've always wondered, how come they didn't put Thanos 7-12 in the Annihilation Omnibus?

>Did they make an event that surpass pic related yet?

Event wise: I kinda liked Secret Wars but I haven't revisited it yet to get if I was just in a Hickman-related-high with his big run.

There has been some decent runs since then though. I sure ComicBookRoundup might be able to help navigate the mess: comicbookroundup.com/

This, and the upcoming Cancerverse stuff looks insane no matter what the hardcore butthurt Dickfags say.

Hickman FF was definitely better than Annihilation. As was Uncanny X Force.

The only character with any amount of depth was Dick Rider and he was sharing screen time with a dozen other pieces of shit. And hell I don't disagree that a simplistic villain can work look at Gorr. But unlike Annihilus, Gorr's motivation and goal was deeply tied to the story and the heroes which made him matter. Annihilus could have been replaced with any generic bad guy and nothing would have changed. Shit villain

Cammy had no fucking reason to be there and was nothing but an annoying little shit who was shockingly unaffected by the death and bloodshed around her. There'd be a page full of heroes fighting for there lives and then on the next Cammy making some snide smart ass comment. That just pissed me off.

And after Galactus was freed Annihilus was going on about rebuilding his wave right before Nova killed him. At that point though it didn't matter what Nova did.

It did because if he hadn't killed him he would have still continued.

Hickman is good at Fantastic Four but his only problem is that he can't fucking write anything that's not F4, he's also a big Doom and Richard fag.

Like he will make anyone job to them.

Sure maybe in a few years but Annihilus got reborn immediately anyways.

Superior Foes was good. Ghost Races. Nothing else comes to mid.

He also fucked the Inhumans and restored the Kree to their status quo.Outside of FF, he is not very good.

Maybe after all the sexual organs and orientations get swapped back to what they originally were.
Wouldn't hold your breath.........

Pleasant Hill was a pretty cool event. Pretty short but still good.

... I guess that's it.

There are about six or seven deadpool titles out right now but Mercs for Money has been great. Unworthy Thor is fantastic and I would consider it to dip into cosmic territory.

So like since 2012?

Duggan's Deadpool
Cable and the X-Force
Thor: GoT
The Vision
X-Men Lagacy
Ellis' Moon Knight
Karnak
Ewing's Loki
JiM Sif
Superior Foes
AN Ghost Rider
Ghost Racers
Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet
Superior Iron Man
Spider-man/Deadpool

It's not as bad as bandwagon memespouters make it sound, but it's not good either.

The "EVERYTHING IS SJW NOW :(((" whining is overblown, but the problem is all the non-"SJW" books are either bland or plain bad so all anyone talks about are the SJWs.

Al Ewing, Pat Duggan, G. Willow Wilson and Nick Spencer are the only good writers left since everyone either left, went off the deep end or just doesn't care anymore.

Is there a recomended Hickman FF?
Or I just start anywhere and go on?

Just start from the beginning of the run.