Was Blade Runner 2049 overhyped?

Was Blade Runner 2049 overhyped?

I liked it, but I'm not sure what made everyone shit their pants over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yYlgKBYfGCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not sure what made everyone shit their pants over it
It's a Hollywood blockbuster that will not happen again in years, it's a miracle that a film like this even happened especially at this time. I mean 150 million dollar budget for something with zero quips, focus on visual storytelling, confidence in the audience itself not being dumb brainlets, no pandering to anyone, an actual film.
Yeah Sup Forums went a bit too crazy about it because of the Goose + virtual waifus, but it deserves the critical acclaim it has.

Ok cool ty

>but I'm not sure what made everyone shit their pants over it.
Waifus. end of thread

I went into it thinking it may be overhyped, I didn't know anything aside from k being a replicant and thought it might be a TFA tier remake, but I was surprised how good it was considering everything it had against it

These days, for me to walk out of a movie and think "I liked it" is a moment of massive proportions because basically every movie released by Hollywood is pure and utter dogshit

That scene where holo-waifu merged with the hooker. Damn.

No. It exceeded my expectations.

>I'm some special snow flake
Nobody cares. Interlinked.

It didn't make 'everyone' shit their pants. It made normie shitters who watch maybe 5 films a year shit their pants.

But user normies hated the film, as evident by the low box office?

Sup Forums hates blade runner

It was a totally unplanned sequel that had all the awkward charm of the original
It makes my autism feel good

>It makes my autism feel good

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
it wasn't overhyped, but overrated

Be aware that this is the face of the person who is behind all these word vomit rambling videos. The autism fits perfectly.

i liked it.
Fuck normies and Sup Forums

Sup Forums has been jerking off to this movie since it came out, Ricky Retardo.

>Sup Forums absolutely loves BR 2049 when released
>oh no it became mainstream on some chinese anonymous imageboard
>better hate it
This movie is a gift

Can you post your face? As of right now the only ones praising it on Sup Forums we know look like this

(you)

That's not Sup Forums user, that's twitter.

@91177421
Oh my god, a (You) from the famous urifag

indeed, the namefag individual who's not a part of your headcanon collective

>hyped
No. I was completely on the fence about it when it released. I figured it was going to be dogshit just because Hollywood can't make a sequel to save their lives. I had hope though because of Deakins and Villeneuve. Then I heard Sup Forums posters saying it was Kino so my hopes went a little higher but still had reservations.

Then I went and saw it myself. Then saw it 3 more times before it left the kinoplex.

The post of someone that left Sup Forums some time last year and now thinks hes Sup Forums

Someone post Joi's posterior

>something actually good comes out for once
>Sup Forums likes it
>more people start to like it, since it is actually very good
>Sup Forums starts to hate it

Every fucking time.

Nice job on that projection breh.

samefag

Great film, some flaws, still not up to the original. I think anons here fellated each other into a coma over it due to it being the first major release in literally years that didn't look and feel like it was made for braindead numale goblins.

Can you disprove me? Your post is full of symptoms that indicate what I've said is true. "kinoplex", "kino"
>Sup Forums posters
Speaking as if you're not a "Sup Forums poster"

Basically this
>WB wasted 150 mil on a sequel based on the name alone to a cult movie that flopped when it came out 30 years ago
>get the guy who made that moderately successful slow paced sci fi movie from last year
>expect it to be a blockbuster
>get kino that flops

I know namefags are retarded but holy shit you're painful to read.

>WB wasted 150 mil
Actually Sony did
WB just had the distribution rights for north america

>Was Blade Runner 2049 overhyped?
youtube.com/watch?v=yYlgKBYfGCQ

Who cares about this literal-who rambling youtube manchild, he can't even make a cohesive video to tell his point and just rambles on indefinitely. This shilling is pathetic Rob.

I think it desrves higher critical acclaim than it has imo, it's also going to get snubbed at the awards.

Like the reviews that drag down the critical score are stuff like "The future is too white " or "Don't watch this if ur a woman"
Makes me mad

FUCK OFF ROB

>implying that means anything

Sony only pitched in half, and they've recouped their losses due to the favorable jew contract they signed.

The real loser, and the people that might go out of business are Alcon

>FUCK OFF ROB
Stop disrespecting him. We don't need jealous people like you on Sup Forums

Alright, this is the confirmation that you're genuinely retarded. Enjoy this last (You)

Why would I be jealous of you? You're pathetic.

>Why would I be jealous of you? You're pathetic.
You wouldn't be asking this low IQed question had you taken the time to watch this this review in the first place, brainlet!

Why would I sit through some autist sperging out about
>NOT MUH BOOK
for 20 minutes? The movie clearly went over your head, brainlet.

>Second movie moves even further away from the source material

This is what disappointed me more than anything. I don't know why I ever trust movie directors to make something true to the original material.

Why the fuck would it suddenly follow the source material if the first one didn't?

>for 20 minutes? The movie clearly went over your head, brainlet.
Yes, it's the best analysis you'll find on youtube you imbecile! At least give it a chance! Mr Ager is criminality underrated. (and i'm not him btw) I wouldn't waste my time with your fucking idiots.

Rob you're a fucking pathetic machild, just stop posting altogether

>Rob you're a fucking pathetic machild, just stop posting altogether
I'm not Rob you idiot. And if i'd be him, i would NEVER read Sup Forums
You ungrateful swines! I'm doing you guys a favor don't you see?!

the source material was shit mate

>And if i'd be him, i would NEVER read Sup Forums
Then why is he (you) literally crying about Sup Forums to his (yours) 12 facebook followers how we are bullying him (you)?
Beyond embarassing Rob, beyond embarassing

BASED ROB

brainlet

You're a faggot Rob

based rob
>muh replicant kid
literally anything could be better than what we received

CELLS

>"did she teach to how to feel finger to finger? Cells."
c-cells

It was however if it gets zero Oscar nominations it IS the most underrated movie ever and can literally withstand any contrarian backlash because it was just THAT underrated.

It's simply not possible for anything else to win the Best Production Design and Best Visual Effects, those two atleast.

>I don't want something new, I want a remake.

fpbp

Thank goodness they did

This is the best one

no it doesnt
The detractors are just having a knee-jerk reaction to all the waifufaggotry and circlejerking about the movie. They hate the movie because they hate you, not because there's actually something wrong with the movie on its own

Just 2049 because its a dishonest piece of trash made for tourists.

>They'll be throwing their keyboards at the walls. And still, not one of them is describing what makes BR 2049 a great film. That is the one and only thing, if done well, that would make me do an about face on my opinion of BR 2049. As long as they can't articulate its supposed merits, I stand firm that the film was a truly wasted opportunity.
He's absolutely right and most of the patricians here, 8/tv/ and 8/film/ have said this about the children of 2049. These plebs will cry hipster at any criticism, but when asked to back up their claims they whine

What's so dishonest about it? How did the film / filmmakers lie to you?

the movie stuck to sci-fi roots and was composed in a way that was classically symphonic
it also didn't turn away from its dystopian anticlimax
and it had great feels which relate to the human condition (of living in a world of shit)

wat does this even mean lol

Hi Rob

It's a meme you dip, it doesn't mean anything.

I've honestly never seen Sup Forums so united in loving something. It's a good feel.

>How to get a shit ton of replies
Posting any criticism or about 2049 or waifu shaming and looking at how many replies it gets is fucking hilarious.

>i'm a new shit
Once again proving blade runner 2049 fans are not Sup Forums locals

>8/tv/ and 8/film/ have said this about the children of 2049

lol no.It's just like Sup Forums , most people like it while autists autistically screech

Yeah you dingus, dont you know? Sup Forums hates blade runner.

wat does this even mean lol

Soyboy

what he means is he has said it but people told him to fuck off

They only hate it because it's popular

>no pandering to anyone
except feminists because of very very questionable symbolism and dialogue used by Hackanueve as well as plot elements focusing entirely on the female which fangays continuously deny despite it being infront of their faces so obviously

welcome to Sup Forums :^)

So are we getting a digital copy on the 26th of December?

Pssshhh whatever soyboy reddit cuck, it didn't even do well in the box office. please help me

Feminists think this movie is sexist though dumbfuck.

I can't help user....

If i can ever afford a house with a den im framing this picture and hanging it in said den

from this board? no not really, you could tell about how good it was if you ignored the meme'ing a really solid 8/10, if it wasn't a sequel i'd say 9/10. But too derivative, relies on the first movie to get through its second half which was kind of annoying. From the public? They're fucking drooling retards and most reviewers were lukewarm about it. It was far better than the mainstream media and social media said it was. Will be a cult classic for years to come.

maybe on Sup Forums

I didnt see shit anywhere else, fag, there wasnt much marketing IMO

Based