Western adaptation when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMNcx1Z2BPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Western
Nah, fuck that shit.
>>youtube.com/watch?v=UMNcx1Z2BPo
2018 anikino incoming

We don't have any great horror directors right now that could make something good of it. Maybe the guy who made don't breathe?

I'm not too familiar with horror but I feel like they'd make it too mainstream and in the process butcher the thing ( likeDeath note and FMA, probably)

The movie will get fucked up if they make it for Otaku's, so westernization is the worst thing to do to this movie

Also, pic related I'd love to see someone adapt this one, even if it's only loosely based off this material

I really don't think you need a horror director for Junji Ito stuff, you need someone with style for the bizarre more than anything.
You give it to a modern horror director and you gonna get a pg13 jumpscare fest or i dunno a 'Jason goes to Japan' type of shit.

holy shit, are they adapting all of his stories? I'm actually marathoning them right now and from the trailer I recognize some of the best ones (although the faggot obsessed with nails got pretty annoying after a while). I hope they adapt the black paradox as well, shit's tight.
And I hope they don't back down on the already relatively mild gore.

absolutely no, america can't into adapting source material from foreign cultures, especially if a lot of money is involved

I don't know if they are doing it all, but those are from Lovesick Dead+Tomie.
So i assume that if the show works we are gonna get seasons = volumes.
Personally i hope it does great and they keep adapting his stuff.
A Hellstar Remina movie would be fucking great and Uzumaki turned into a 3 cour show...it could be godly.

I recognize Souichi's Diary of Delights as well.
Anyway there's already a Gyo adaptation but from the few scenes I've seen it doesn't look too faithful (and honestly the design is too clear for a juni ito anime).
I'm glad they're adapting the longer stories because most of the one shots are quite crap to be honest.

The Gyo adaptation is shit, hilariously it feels like something Hollywood would do with some of Ito's stuff except with an completely japanese edgy 90s OVA sex infused.

Hellstar could be good if they leave out the stuff about the world spinning so fast everyone is flying. Ito sometimes goes overboard.

>leaving out best scene
it was retarded but it was a blast

nice
i'm looking forward to it

fuck, that comic scared the shit outta me

No love for Shintaro Kago here?

never heard of him but looks interesting, I'll check it out

it's just Toot with a hole on her head.

He is too sexual for me.

Wtf is this abomination? USA should've nuked the whole island.

Hopefully never
Fuck you bastards who entertain the idea of watered down awful adaptations made by hacks
You are brain dead idiots

>incoming Ito adaptation
How the fuck have I just heard of this?
Cheers m8, you legit just made my day

Yes, he is kind of sexual but he also has some more tame stuff about his cats.

Pls no.

just a normal day in Hollywood

Cronenberg

>How the fuck have I just heard of this?
Because Sup Forums literally doesn't give a shit, its the weirdest thing ever.
They simply stopped caring about anything but their self indulgent self inserting bullshit.

Probably, or even Aranosky...but i really don't want to have JLaw as Tomie...

Sup Forums spend their days fapping to Haruhi.

it's weird i don't really feel compelled to watch adaptations of manga... i think reading em is just better, the way they do it it makes it seem there is just more content even if it's breaking down an action scene over many pages and with a movie poof its done and ultimately make it all sort of corny and unsatisfying. with still images you can take the time to dwell on it and let your imagination get in there, get creeped out or whatever.

>tfw infinite brainlets

MUH SPIRALS

hopefully never

It might work as a mini series but i don't think they'd ever adapt it faithfully here and idk if some parts would translate well on screen ex (the hair chapter,the snail chapter) and the adaptation wouldn't feel whole without them.

Tomie would probably be the easiest to make a western adaptation of and would be a pretty interesting watch.