It's kind of sad how quickly this lost relevance

It's kind of sad how quickly this lost relevance.

Why does Northstar have elf ears? Is that a fairy joke?

It´s pretty sad that Marvel hyped that fucking thing in the first place since it was a subplot in Liu´s Astonishing.

The marketing stunt was done, they got the headlines they wanted, the characters are worthless now.

Look at Iceman's posture there.

He looks like someone watching his ex getting married

Nobody gives a shit about a Z-lister like Northstar. His gayness is his main important trait.

Because nobody cares about Northstar, and anybody outside of comics who even knows about him only knows him as "that gay Canadian mutant".

> foreshadowing the final arc in a variant cover for a comic released a year earlier

DEEPEST
LORE

I liked that run. Northstar is how you have a gay character, he was origionally intended as one and only came out many years later. Slowly his plot moved forward till this point. It wasn't forced, it felt like the inevitable path of his development

Part of his mutation, then it was part of a retcon plot in Alpha Flight that he and his sister were actually elves and staying on Earth was killing him so he had to go to the land of the elves, then THAT got retconned as just a joke Loki played on him

Also the reason he was dying in the first place was supposed to be an aids story where he would be revealed to be gay, but this was still during Marvel no homosexuality policy

>never read Alpha Flight

Whats a real tragedy its how that arc and Bobby himself became fucking irrelevant until he came out of the closet cause his younger self did.

How can it lose relevance if it never had any to begin with?

What a great mileage we got out of All-New's "Bobby yelling at younger Bobby" standby.

I've never met anybody who's read Alpha Flight.

You can bully people into pretending they're okay with something, even convince them it's harmless and nothing they should bother opposing
but you'll never brainwash more than a small percentage into actually finding it anything but wrong and mildly disgusting.
as usual, it's those who get TOO opposed and TOO disgusted who ruin it for everyone by making them martyrs instead of just silly gooses putting it in the wrong hole

I'm still annoyed they went to New York to get married. Shows how little Marvel cared about the Northstar besides the box he ticks off.

> Phoenix made their powers stronger

Jesus there really was 0 editorial huh? I mean a big story point was that Cyclops and Emma had fucked up powers coming out of AvX, blamed on The Phoenix. Magneto, Magik, and Namor had no change, and Colossus also had his powers fucking up

Then at the tail end of Battle of the Atom they throw in that Dark Beast was using micro sentinels to mess with everyone's powers, so either Bendis told no one what he was doing or me made it up as he went along

>so either Bendis told no one what he was doing or me made it up as he went along
Likely the latter.

That page is shopped, moron

thats an edit, you idiot.

People would only care now if it was two transgender people getting married.

Fucking fuck. Fuck this gay ass shit. Not literal gay on that cover, fuck whole "representation" meme, I literally can give less of a fuck whom would that character fuck. What race is that character. What gender is he, and, newslfash, there's only 2 genders.

I am so tired of this shit. It was never relevant in the first place.

>I literally can give less of a fuck
>being this mad

pick one

people can be born intersex.

Because nobody fucking cares about progressive circlejerking

A LIBERAL MOVEMENT THAT'S FORGOTTEN AS SOON AS IT HAPPENS?!

YOU DON'T SAY!

Do you know how small of a portion of the population that is? And how few people legitimately have any issue with those people?

It's people sitting around thinking "Wow why aren't there any gay latinx superhero protagonists who weigh 300 pounds" and the reason is because nobody wants to write a character that next to zero people can't identify with, and they really have no ability to accurately characterize.

Then people get angry, and marvel or whoever listens to tumblr and makes a gay black robot teen or whatever and no one actually buys the book, because the writer had no idea how to approach the character, or if they did, are probably not the best writer, and only got hired because they could relate to a character that literally no one wants, and not because of their talent.

>this is modern Sup Forums

makes you think