Joss Whedon's BATGIRL Movie Will Use Gail Simone's New 52 Version As Starting Point

>According to EW, it's going to be Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Jim Gordon, under the cowl, and "the movie will use the DC Comics New 52 version of the character as a starting point." The film is expected to draw from Gail Simone's "harder-edged" opening arc, which saw Babs back on the streets of Gotham after regaining full mobility following her infamous crippling at the hands of The Joker years earlier.

comicbookmovie.com/batman/joss-whedons-batgirl-movie-will-reportedly-focus-on-the-new-52-version-of-barbara-gordon-a150043

No Batgirl of Burnside, thank God.

I feel like Whedon is a good choice for a project like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/tv/dexter/s08/
rottentomatoes.com/tv/lost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are the odds she gets paralyzed halfway through the movie?

That would be such a Whedon thing to do.

FUCK

it's still not good

If it's based on gail's shit version then she's already been paralyzed from before the film began and it will open with a miracle surgery allowing babsgirl to be obnoxious and useless once more.

RIP Oracle.

>the movie will use the DC Comics New 52 version of the character as a starting point
>expected to draw from Gail Simone's "harder-edged" opening arc
that isn't much better than burnside. I want happy Babs if she can walk, not edgy Babs. it's going to be a shitty PTSD, recovery movie

fuck yes, this is what DC needs

you can say what you want about Josh Weedman, but the Avengers movie was a big hit and I have been saying for a while now that DC needed to bring him in

Its honestly better than if they went the "trendy" tumblr Batgirl route.

Burnside is shit and sells less than Simone's run. Simone's run was actually successful and people love it (comic websites even loved the Trans issue). Compared to afterward where sales took a dip (and stuff like Babs fighting a evil cross-dresser was hated by websites).

It's a smart move.

>Whedon
>DC
can two wrongs actually make a right?

I feel like they would rather save the Oracle thing for later on.

I am so sick of Barbara as Batgirl.

Year One is the only good story she has as Batgirl because being naked for an issue and fighting Catwoman doesn't make for a good story.
And it's been 5 damn years and her book has been garbage the entire time.

So does this mean we get Mirror as a villain?

I'm conflicted, on the one hand it means no Oracle in this Universe or at least post Oracle. That sucks.

Yet glad because that means Killing Joke happened in this universe and flies in the face of the "hurt Killing Joke was misogynistic, hope they don't use it" fags on Twitter, GAF and whatever else fuckboi forum. Plus not using shitty hipster babs

I love random shitty tweets from faggots who's opinions mean fuck all to anyone

>Whedon
>Gail Simone
>Batgirl
>DCEU

It never had a chance.

>Batgirl
>Barbara Gordon
>Joss Whedon

Get the FUCK out. Fuck that shit. I'm disgusted even by the thought. Fuck.

>people love it
Who does
Even Gail hated it

>whedon
>edgy batgirl
pick only one

Will one of Batgirl's allies declare himself "The Vegeta" of her crew? The former badguy who is now good?

>Joss Whedon's BATGIRL

Well, there's hope for the DCEU after all. Might be their first good movie since none of the upcoming ones seem close to good.

No Gordon Jr. please.
He has suffered enough.
Whedon can't write villains like him without taking all the intimidation away.

Whedon dropped out of Marvel because of their creative interference. This DC movie will never get made.

Sweet. I loved the "cop back on the job" vibe of her first few stories.

At this point I'll take literally anyone apart from that hack Snyder.

Both Avengers movie were pretty mediocre actually

I hope they hire Olivier Megaton for the next DCCU movie. Just for faggots like you

i hope they cast a white girl as barbara so i can watch the butthurt unfold. who would you choose?

I'm fine if it was at the end myself. Do something right for a change and give no magic cures for Barbara in the DCEU please.

The bitch better be ginger!

>n52 as starting point

why??
fuck this
they should just adapt Batgirl Year One.

if they do use the Simone schlock, at LEAST set it before she's paralyzed

I'd honestly take Joel Schumacher or Michael Bay over Snyder again. At least their movies are entertaining.

that or it will become such a mess he goes completely nuts and ends up in an asylum either is a win

Rumor is it might be Lindsey Morgan from the 100 she's half black

The thousands of people who bought it. It was one of DC's highest selling books.

They best not whitewash or ciswash my latina trans queen Barbara Gordon, or I'm gonna fuck some shit up! She fierce!

She's got experience being a cripple

Yeah, buuuuuuuuuuut they were still better than anything that came out of the DCEU, so it's still a step up.

Put her back in the chair.

Buffy was good so this should be too

xd gingerfags cucked

>people shitting on Joss Whedon

Say what you will about Age of Ultron (I blame execs more for that one - though he is responsible for some crap in it), but the guy has some great stuff in his filmography - especially when it comes to female characters (Buffy and Dollhouse being highlights for me).

So a character like Batgirl, especially if they are drawing from v.1 of New52, could be really good under his control.

I think Batgirl is more his scale than Avengers, anyway.

So all the sjws attacked him and drove him from twitter and straight to DC?

Pretty much. Age of Ultron broke him. Read some of the interviews around that time and its clear the amount of interference he faced from Marvel and then the backlash he got from SJWs really worse him down.

it was ike that was shitting on whedon

after fiege got iger to split marvel into televsion/studios, whedon said he would come back for the right project

that being said, his batgirl will be dogshit if they're using simone's nu52

Buffy was awful.
>especially when it comes to female characters
No. His female characters are complete shit.

Is there anything specifically not good about New 52 Babs that people find basing it on that objectionable?

I really just didn't keep up with it because I'm a Steph guy and was pretty strongly against unparalyzing Babs so I just don't have a good frame of reference for how it handled the character.

I checked out the start of Burnside Batgirl and had no problem with it but also didn't find it compelling enough to read.

Batgirl of Burnside is way better user, stop listening to Batman news.

Can anyone post
>"he said he did it for lulz"
page?
Please. I want to curl into a ball from cringe and feel angry again.

Whedon is super edgy with female violence and threats of sexual violence. Have you never seen any of his shows?

Early N52 Batgirl was kind of grimdark like the other Batman titles. It did a good job of showing someone recovering from PTSD from being crippled (though the squished timescale kind of hurt that a bit), but a lot of people didn't like the tonal shift from "perky and trying her best" to "recovering from PTSD and having to face her serial killer brother."

>It did a good job of showing someone recovering from PTSD from being crippled
Bitch please.

>let's make an edgy Batgirl film
>but not get Nicolas Winding refn to direct.

WB can only afford decent directors when it comes to their monster movies

Why isn't this a Steph movie? fuck everything
seriously
I'm going to cry if its a boring Babs movie

This is the type of shit Whedon is good at. Fun young girls punching monsters.

>why isn't this a steoh movie.
Because Steph is Spoiler and this is a Batgirl movie.

>"Are you food or are you sex, Barbara?"

I will never forgive A. J. Lieberman, Bill Willingham, Andersen Gabrych, Devin Grayson, Ed Brubaker or Greg Rucka

Dylan Horrocks was the only person with integrity working at DC at the time

>Joss Whedon
>Babs
>Simone
>New 52
>Burnside

Ugh, makes sense. I know Whedon has done edgy stuff but why hire him to do a grimdark Batgirl? Why do that kind of Batgirl at all?

Exactly what kind of Monkey's Paw wish made it so Snyder shit is the defining vision of all DC's goddamned movies?

Wait so this is really happening? When the fuck did this happen? Why am I of seeing Sup Forums explode with rage?

Buffy is one of the greatest TV series of all time.

Batgirl has always been dark.

Knowing how delusional whedonfags are, I can't tell if this is serious or a joke.

I'm surprised they didn't bring a female director. Considering that with few exceptions, directors on big budget projects just follow orders from the execs so it's not a big deal who direct the movie beyond publicity

Were you not around for 1967 or some shit?

You realize that its one of the most popular television series among critics and viewers ever produced right?

I'm not even a huge fan of it outside the premise, but Im not even going to deny that most people consider it to be a good show.

SO isn't fucking Korra. Fucking Survivor got a bunch of seasons. You're seriously gonna sit there and use the TV watching populace as a margin of quality?

Announced today. Sup Forums seems pretty 50/50 on it

Simone's run was bad. I don't like the Burnside run either but Simone's wasn't any better.

Maybe you weren't the right age for it to land but in it's time that show was a big deal and important to it's fans

I'm sorry user, but what are you using as a judge of quality?

Should we all just be using your own opinion?

Im using the fact that its well received by critics AND viewers.

Just because you don't like it and are for some reason ur threatened by the fact that most people consider it to be good is silly.

>it's popular so it's good
Listen here, motherfucker.
It's only popular because it was more or less innovative at the time. It didn't age well and is not a good show on its own like Sopranos for instance.

>genuinely believing any DC film project other than some unaffiliated solo Batman flick is going to survive Wonder Woman and Justice League's catastrophic failure

Granted, this probably has a better shot of surviving the fallout than the Flash and Aquaman movies, but still...

I doubt that even Simone liked Simone's run

Thanks for you opinion. That opinion is not shared by the many critics and viewers who made the show such a success - a show which continues to find success in other mediums.

>Critics say its good
>Audiences say its good
>massive pop culture impact
>shows, spin-offs, comics, etc…

All of that means nothing though because you user, in all your wisdom, have judged the show to be shit (which is a fine opinion to have). However, you believe that your opinion is fact and should be treated by others as such - which is not the case.

No, we should use critics' opinions of course. They sure are known for their amazing taste
rottentomatoes.com/tv/dexter/s08/
rottentomatoes.com/tv/lost

>IT'S POPULAR SO IT'S GOOD
>s-subjective opinion
>merchandise garbage is a sign of quality
>I can't make my own observations, better rely on what idiot critics say
You're the worst kind of idiot. Just because a bunch of tasteless idiots tell you a shitty show is good doesn't fucking mean anything other than that you're a gullible moron falling for hype.

>but in it's time that show was a big deal
Which only shows horrible that time was for television.
>important to it's fans
No one cares. Buffyfags are cancer just like their shit show.

"I don't care" does not mean "nobody cares"

Nobody cares. The only people who give a fuck about Buffy at all are nostalgiafags and critics who only care about how it redefined the genre television rather than the show's actual quality which was dreadful.

You're just an underage contrarian faggot who didn't provide a single piece of criticism to back up your shitty opinion.

>especially when it comes to female characters
Whedon can only write two types of a female character: obnoxious turbocunt who makes you root for the villain to feed her to the woodchipper and a bland bitch.
Though on the other hand the only thing worse than Whedon's women is Whedon's villains.

Whedon's only good thing is that stupid musical

No actually they aren't hence why Batman bombed and had to be rebooted under Schumacher.

>Wait so this is really happening? When the fuck did this happen? Why am I of seeing Sup Forums explode with rage?
It is a difficult news for people to take a side with.

Whedon set the stage for MCU's foundation, but then had to leave because he wasn't suited for an integrated universe. Ironman was able to do any Whedon wanted because there was no crossovers yet.

Whedon gets the credit for MCU existing, but he also was no longer the right man for the MCU as it is now.

As for DC, to hire him for DCEU would mean acknowledging his work in the MCU. DC fans on their end is confused about not being able to attack Ironman as being trash like they used to. And of course, all the vitriol thrown at AoU, which was not a bad film but wasn't good either.

It's a massive mixed message news. No one knows what to expect.

>c-contrarian
Ah, this shitty meme again.
>a retarded 90s kid with a nostalgia-boner calling someone else underage
Ayy lmao. Thought whatever. I'm used to Buffyfags being retards at this point.
>didn't provide a single piece of criticism
Because you gave me so much chances to do so, what with you disregarding my opinion immediately because it's "not popular enough".

Yeah, who cares the no one on the show aside from Anthony Steward Head can act for shit. Or that dialogue is just terrible with trying too hard to be clever. Or that every single villain is a complete joke. Or that Whedon thinks that "martial arts and cunty personality = strong female character". Or how hamfisted most of the metaphors in the show are (okay, I'll actually let that one slide it's a teen show after all). Or that the humor is terrible. Or that Angel had much better characterization and character development. Or "clever" twists that make you feel like Whedon is smugly patting himself on the back.

The show is beyond overrated and to say it's the best thing on television is genuine sacrilege, considering that we have shows which are actual masterpieces.

>implying the DCEU isn't one more Snyder movie away from needing to be rebooted

>watch angel and buffy as a youth, angel first
>cant figure out why buffy was so much worse, the females were literally retarded, and the men (other than giles) were useless
>find out he actually wrote virtually none of angel, and was just a glorified producer

he's been shit alot longer than i originally thought

The show should've been about Giles instead.
He was the silver lining of a show I hated.

It'll be a two hour extension of the opening shit for The Killing Joke adaption.

Why.

>As for DC, to hire him for DCEU would mean acknowledging his work in the MCU. DC fans on their end is confused about not being able to attack Ironman as being trash like they used to. And of course, all the vitriol thrown at AoU, which was not a bad film but wasn't good either.

You sure that's happening here buddy? No one wants whedon near the DCU, Marvel fans think he's too good for it, while DC fans don't want barbara to become another of his invincible "GRRRRRRL POWAH" characters who never get defeated and are better at everything than any male character while the rest of the characters become cucks who she snarks at.

As for me, the guy only knows how to write one style, seriously all of his work feels the same, and that style does not fit the DCU.

With that said, seeing whedon on the DC team under snyder's wing could be pretty funny

>With that said, seeing whedon on the DC team under snyder's wing could be pretty funny
Well one thing is for sure, they are going to clash and one of them would be shown the door. We just don't know which one.

Nigger, all we have of this is an announcement that Batgirl is a working thing in idea nothing material. I'll worry when a film production starts. Remember there was suppose to be a Flash movie? Exactly my point.

Well jim is played by a white actor so why wouldnt babs be white

This. Start with Simone but then move on to The Killing Joke and then Oracle.

Black wife :^)

Thank god casting isn't on whedon's call.