Beyonce the first choice to play Nala in the Lion King remake

Beyonce the first choice to play Nala in the Lion King remake.

Thanks for that useless piece of infurmation.

variety.com/2017/film/news/beyonce-lion-king-remake-nala-1202019931/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xwp8betWIiM
youtube.com/watch?v=lKZbtLxxPfg
youtube.com/watch?v=53eXxUp4PyM&t=120s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will Jeremy Irons return?

This was objectively the best casting.

>Beyonce

Any sign of Eddie Redmayne or Emma Watson being cast?

>Lion King remake
stop with the fucking remakes, I know kids that already think this is a 2011 movie

stop remaking shit goddamn

He might be promoting Early Man from Aardman.

youtu.be/xwp8betWIiM

So far, we have Donald Glover as Simba and James Earl Jones back as Mufasa.

the past few remakes were successful and lucrative for disney, why would they stop? the majority enjoyed beauty and the beast.

He looks so terrible in that picture. He looks like the MAD mascot.

>Disney decides there is no future for 3d animated films and begins doing nothing but live action

Exactly. To quote South Park Mickey in reference to little girls and now apply it to reality:

"People are RETARDED."

You're smart enough to see their bullshit, but most people are happy retards and Disney has every reason to MILK them for their money because they are happy to part with it. People are dumb. That's all you need to understand. Disney isn't cunning, just going through the path of least resistance because they KNOW that people are retarded and will pay up and buy the merchandise making the corporation richer.

it's possible, i wouldn't be happy, but you have to remember that if you want to make a difference and prevent that potential outcome from becoming a reality you must speak with your wallet. money talks. go see the disney releases you care about and convince your friends and family to go too.

They can make all the shit remakes they want and milk idiots for all their pocket change. I just dont see the appeal to digging up corpses and making them dance with strings.

>Beyonce and Donald Glover romance

Man thats some age difference.

Also I hope they use the remake as a chance to fix some of the dumb stuff of the original, like the fact that Simba learned to get over the guilt of killing his father only to basically give up when Scar brings it up in their fight.

Is Emma Watson a furry too?

Live action remake of Skeleton Dance when?

Lion thread?

Spoken like a true übermensch.

She admitted that Aslan from Chronicles of Narnia made her moist, but she questioned whether or not she should admit to it immediately afterwards. Possible she's a hardcore furry and just doesn't want the general public to know.

Are these remakes really making so much money that they absolutely must fuck with perfection?

This is a very sinic way of saying "they do a product that people want and enjoy".

Well I don't expect her to be in lion king since she was just in Beauty and the Beast

I actually enjoyed the remake's version of Gaston and Be Our Guest more

It helps that Luke Evans was great

>infurmation

Also, hoping this remake has WAY better writing than the beautiful but dumb original.

Well don't expect it to be too much more hamlet like.

Personally I hope they do a remake of hunchback and make it like the official musical where Esmeralda dies from smoke inhalation on the pyre and Quasimodo throws Frollo off Notre Dame

I'm not sure it'll happen if they remade it even though the play was officially disney even though it sadly never made it to broadway.

If you liked it then you should have put a king on it

Live action Lion King remake, huh?

not bad

Eddie Redmayne needs a role in this movie.

No, it's not like being a Hamlet with lions is a bad thing in an of itself. It's just the script has a ton of plot holes and dumb character decisions.

Mostly if they fix I should be happy.

Return to live-action for Disney means that things have gone full circle.

Yass queen

>“There’s something a bit sad about when he transforms. You’re like a bit…oh…okay, you were quite nice before. He’s hot. The beast is hot,” she said.

Holy shit this is amazing

She's famous.
Can sing.

Not sure about her voice acting abilities, but she isn't a horrible choice.

Does adult Nala even have any songs?

She sings a little bit in Can You Feel the Love Tonight.
I think that's all.

Will they fix the
>Scar lied to the pride for at least a few years
>Mufasa AND Simba both died in the stampede
>suddenly, Simba shows up, very much NOT dead
>none of the lions call Scar on lying to them
>Scar then swiftly claims that Simba killed his father
>the lions don't doubt this new information even for a minute, believe this new lie immediately

If Beyonce gets the part, they'll likely tweak CYFtLT into a duet.

>reveals power level
>regrets it
>Redmayne does the same
>gives no fucks
>does another interview talking about other feral/furry girls that turn him on
Guy truly gives no fucks.

Well they could make the lie more believable. Especially if Simba confirms the lie (since he thinks its his fault Mufasa died)

Scar could just be like "I said what I said to save Simba's dignity"

Beyonce has the best marketing people on the face of the earth because she's so untalented and unspecial but she's plastered fucking everywhere.

Well she doubled down and said that she also liked Beast more before he transformed into a human.
She is a good singer. Whether she should be acting is highly debateable but she is definitely a good singer.

>Man thats some age difference.
Beyonce is 35
Donald Glover is 33
WOW a whole 2 years

Huh, I assumed Beyonce was in her 40s for some reason.

Also I assumed Donald Glover was in his late 20s

Okay, but how about the BIG one?
What do lion kings DO?? Do they "rule"? Do they make decisions for the rest of the "circle of life"? Why are lions so fucking special??

If that does not get fixed, fucking 1/10, music aside.

A lot of women basically say the same thing. It really isn't that shocking.

They're not that stupid. When was the last successful live action Gisnep film that wasn't a sequel, remake, or Marvel? Narnia? Nigga that ain't no way to do things.

*shrugs*

Lions are kings, that's just common knowledge. Ya dingus

I admit I was a little sad he changed back too. If not for the fact that the remake added that the servants all basically die once the rose petals all fall, I wouldn't have minded if he stayed a beast forever.

this is the best possible timeline

He seems to not have aged either. In the cartoon he would have been a super strong immortal ruler with human intelligence and also probably a 14 inch red rocket cock.
The guy he turned into looked kinda like a fish.

In the movie, they administer resources. Like how many animals will be eaten or when it is time to move to a different place.

>STILL giving D*sney money

Literally why?

Why did all the plants die when the herbivores left?

Is that your headcanon?

Hyenas pee herbicide.

>Redmayne does the same
Sauce?

>Why did all the plants die when the herbivores left?
You got it backwards user, it would have been something like this:
>lions dish resources out somewhat fairly bc everyone else is too stupid or selfish
>scar comes in and basically says "all the hyenas can hunt how they want to"
>all the other animals say "well fuck this then if they get to eat us all the time we get to eat how we like too"
>everyone eating everything without concern
>suddenly not many plants left and starving, making them easier prey for the carnivores, so they skiddadle out of there.

Throw in a very obvious drought/dry season that prevented the plant life from growing back in immediately after the herbivores left and yeah

I'm sure if you told him that, he'd tell you
What, me worry?

just google eddie redmayne furry

He says on a talk show that he had the hots for Maid Marian and Nala as a kid

Headcanon.

Ah fuck, is it a film based on the broadway version?!

I never could get into that. A bunch of actors in abstract costumes that are supposed to -represent- lions.

I know it's supposed to be African theatre and I respect that being art, I really do. But I just kind of see a bunch of humans talking to each other LARPing as lions.

Im like 99% sure its gonna be "actual" lions, not abstract stuff.

They are going for mainstream, not theater buffs. At most itll just have a few songs from the play that the original didn't have.

Eddie is cute!
CUTE!!

Shit, I really hope they do Hunchback of Notre Dame

If they did it like the play they made it would be amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=lKZbtLxxPfg

But I'm afraid even if they made the play, it would be too dark for Disney to do in a movie since its closer to the book.
>Gargoyles are explicitly Quasimodo trying to cope with loneliness
>Esmeralda dies from smoke inhalation after Quasi saves her
>Quasi in anger throws Frollo to his death rather than Frollo falling from his own stupidity/the structure breaking
>Story ends with Quasi realizing the world is just a cruel place with some hope

I can't see Disney making a major movie out of that. But if they did I'd be super stoked

>the BIG one?

Use an ounce of your brain and realize that some things don't need to be spelled with with fucking airplane letters in the sky. Jesus. Lions are the apex predator and top of the food chain, the "king of the jungle." Beyond that it's obviously shown that Mufasa helps maintain balance within the food chain and keep the "circle of life" operating smoothly. What do you want? A fucking item by item list of all of his duties? A map detailing the exact boundaries of the Pride Lands? Don't be so fucking dense.

>but she is definitely a good singer.

Really?

>Whhhoooaaaa!

>I have a BUTT

>WWwwwwWWWwoooooOOOOooOOoooOOOOOWWWOooooOWWW

>I have a BUTT!

No. Just no. She's not talented.

How is this movie going to work anyway?
CGI lions?
Actual people like the Broadway show?

Beyonce became popular very young.

Beyonce is a good singer.
But I mean, most people can't sing.
Is she my favorite? No.
Does she have the best range? No.
Best lyrics? No.
Hottest? I'd argue no.
But she's far enough above average in the singing and intelligence departments to know she needs to maintain a cult of personality, and she does that very well. You don't become worth 500 million dollars being a total retard at everything, regardless of how many internet heroes insist life is a 0 sum game and the rich must have some major character failing.

It's canon, it's in the movie. They tell Scar the hyenas depleted the resources and that they need to move, he says "lol, who cares!" And then Nala goes, finds Simba and tells him that Scar is fucking up.

There is a deleted scene that expands on this.

Oh, and there is a second scene after Simba returns which is essentially the same exchange of "Scar, this shit is whack, everyone left and we have to move" and he goes "I am kangz! We ain't leaving in pursuit of no prey!"

At the same time, there's something a little fake about her. You don't become the favorite artist of millions upon millions of basic white bitches without being at least a little fake.

There's also the way she appropriates pagan symbols which is super creepy to me as a Christian.

>little
You mean there's something a LITTLE fake about the skin lightened blonde dyed spokeswoman for black pride?

The bitch is 100% artificial.

What's wrong with him?

>Lion King remake
>remake
>remake
>remake
FUCKING STOP IT REEEEEE

>Lion King remake
Why

WHY

I WILL SHANK A MOTHERFUCKER

Jay Z is gonna watch a lion fugg his wife.

what do human kings do? do they make decisions for the rest of the "circle of life"? Why are humans so fucking special?

why the fuck are they making a remake?
the animation still holds up today
unless they doing a live action remake but what are they going to do for that? have them wear the silly lion costumes from the musical? make them all CG like the horrible jungle book remake?

the lion king was just Hamlet with animals, a nice concept for a standalone movie but you can't stretch it out to be a whole franchise or series.

> You don't become worth 500 million dollars being a total retard at everything, regardless of how many internet heroes insist life is a 0 sum game and the rich must have some major character failing.

Do you believe there is any established meritocracy anywhere in this world? Beyonce's cult of personality filled a marketing void when Brittney Spears and the other 90s pop girls' imploded. They needed "FEMALE SINGER EVERYONE IS SUPPOSED TO LIKE" and they turned Beyonce into that.

Life is never about being good at something or anything, it's about people liking you/thinking they can use you and get something out of you.

Donald Glover is immortal and possibly has Asian ancestry like a few other blacks in Georgia (see Mae Hemison). The only reason why he grew out a beard is because he would look the exact same as he did when he was doing the Derrick Comedy sketches.

Interviewers derive sexual pleasure from embarrassing the poor chap.

>Mae Hemison
*Jemison

>You don't become worth 500 million dollars being a total retard at everything, regardless of how many internet heroes insist life is a 0 sum game and the rich must have some major character failing.
Life is not a 0 sum game doesn't mean that the rich are always.

Beyonce is not the reason Beyonce is famous. Any google search will show you that. Her fame can be attributed to many, many people, especially her father, but not herself.

Her job is to do what they say and sit pretty. She's the front of the efforts of multiple people who don't have the look to be who she is. If her Jew producers and writers acted like her they'd be seen as retards.

>the rich are always
Does not mean the rich are always responsible for their own success*

Also I'll add that I don't think what she is is bad, but it simply isn't her doing.

It's because he's a cute britbong, nigga can get away with any sort of degeneracy.

youtube.com/watch?v=53eXxUp4PyM&t=120s