About to watch pic related, what am I in for?

About to watch pic related, what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPjS_vN0bJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A very long wedding

shitty russian accents

all i remember is russian roulette

one shot

the longest wedding scene in the history of cinema, the part before vietnam is pretty slow in a meh way, but when they return it's slow in a good way
I liked but wouldn't watch it again, it felt way too long

MAO

Don’t watch the movie. Pull up the roulette scene on YouTube. The only memorable part of the movie and one of Deniros best performances

You’re welcome

nice nap

Be prepared to be insanely bored for like the first hour.

MAI THAI!
MAI THAI!
MAI THAI!

watch 10 minutes, skip 50, watch the rest

even better, just read the plot in wikipedia

The scene where he doesn't shoot the deer had some nice simbolism to it, I think he should watch it just for that

I honestly wonder what's the average IQ of this board based on this thread alone

IIIII LOVE YOU BAAAABY

S O Y

NAZDAROVIYA

My favorite part of the movie, though. I've seen so many Vietnam films, the jungle parts are meh, seeing these characters interact in a big classic cinematic scene like that was awesome. Even better than The Godfather's wedding scene.

Classic Kino

Are Russian Americans a thing even?

A good movie, assuming you skip the first hour.

I enjoyed the film, but it is probably not what most are expecting going in.

a long movie

yes they're jews

Incredible film, and worthy of the best picture award.
Great acting, and in the end, memorable. Skipping the wedding scenes like a lot of these plebs are telling you to will undermine the emotional impact of how things wrap up towards the end. Put your phone away and just watch the whole thing.

Enjoy

Don't know. But the 'babushkas' are authentic.

Yes. They even have their own local newspapers up here in the PNW

They're Ukrainian. Not Russian.

Its overrated garbage.

I tried watching it a couple of times but its such a snorefest.

No difference. Especially during 60s.

IBZ SUSH UH SNOOBFWEST KNO SPLOWZINS ORE CEEGEEEYE

Well maybe i dont like watching paint dry up.

They never came over in the numbers that Germans, Italians and Irish did, but yeah. Mostly Jews.

overrated and boring.
some good bits.
mostly boring.

Wow a lot of people on this board are straight retarded. It’s an amazing movie. God damn autists expecting an action packed war movie with tons of explosions will be disappointed. One of the best war movies of all time.

>all these plebs calling the beginning boring.

The fuck? The first half of the film sets up the characters. It shows how this town works and feels before war ruins it. It's entirely necessary and watching the movie without it is missing the point.

Is this what film has become? Do we need quips and and action scene to get you interested?

>One of the best war movies of all time.
>War movie.
>Doesnt contain lots of explosions and firefights for true visual entertainment.

Pffffff ahahahahhahaha.

came here to post this. what the fuck were they thinking?

You are not alone user, each day that passes I think a bit more about streaming millennials burning

These people know. The rest of you are drooling retards. Complaining about scenes that establish the characters so that there is actually an emotional impact in the end? Jesus you guys should stick to capeshit. I’m embarrassed for you guys and question why you would even be browsing a board dedicated to TV and Movies if you can’t even appreciate an amazing movie like this.

it's the best part of the movie

the greatest depiction of a local community and group of friends committed to film

I don’t know about that but it is a very important part of the movie. Skipping it would be skipping the whole point of the movie.

I thought the movie was a 9/10, only thing I didn't like was the final scene. It felt really badly handled like GET IT YOU SEE WHAT WAR DOES TO PEOPLE when the movie already did a good job of doing that.

Expect a movie that will prepare you for the Kino of the century

Don't skip the wedding. It sets up all the character relationships and the foreshadowing in this scene gives me chills considering what's to come:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPjS_vN0bJI

pleb filter

Good time

Do people actually ask what they're in for before watching a movie here? I assume it's like posting bait to get an actual discussion.

So, lets get this straight, your favorite things about Vietnam films is if they are only a wedding scene and all the jungle stuff can fuck off out your movie? HAHAHAHAHA

That ending got me tearing up like a bitch

Cinema's biggest pleb filter.

some quality brainlet posting

>My favorite part of the movie, though
>Even better than The Godfather's wedding scene.
>I've seen so many Vietnam films,
> the jungle parts are meh
> (You)
some quality brainlet posting

HAHAHAHAHA

A good movie that is 100% responsible for Oscar bait.

>discussing this film
Based board

Filtered me out. Turned that shit off and watched Apocalypse now instead.

Mankino

Apocalypse Now is great but so is The Deer Hunter. Should have given it your attention

A rousing rendition of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"

>mfw I live in the town the movie was filmed in

Expect feels