Dark Souls 3 fan comic storytime "In her Service "

this video made with the game´s assets contains the story of the comic

youtube.com/watch?v=d9DtRdsZLSo

When you think about some of the most awful webcomic artists that get hired at big comic companies, then see things that actually had some effort put in, it makes you wonder about this industry

and done, thoughts anyone?

this comic really grabbed me, know any web comic with writing or art like this?

I have a basic understanding of dark souls and i really enjoy this

Really liked it, Thanks a bunch OP!

>Dark Souls
>Champion of Ash
>dressed like a Paleblood Hunter

Wtf?

U R welcome! if you can leave a comment on the video or the artist´s tumblr

Bretty good. A little odd that it would be him as the MC of this comic but well done nonetheless.

It's that that offensive piece of shit Darkhorse called a comic.

you mean this? i dont like it

This art is extremely good for a mere fan comic. Thanks for sharing it.

I want a graphics novel of Dark Souls in this art style soooo bad right now

>those tit plates
delete this
delete this from the face of the earth

oh shit

The art was pretty good. Knowing the characters I was a little confused on why they were all doing all that, but despite that it was still very good.

A few pointless gripes,
Leonhard would kick Sirris's ass in a fight.
Patches is UNBREAKABLE
Why does Leonhard still have the soul? Why is he still in Lothric?

I didnt get it

Wait did you write Leonhard actually invading people and shit?

This reminds me of that STALKER comic called DAD

Can someone please explain?

explain what

This is better than the official comic that's being published.
At least these people clearly played the games

I thought that at first too but the guy is Ringfinger instead of the Champion of Ash.

Fuck, you are right, my casual is showing...
>wanting an explanation
>in a Souls game
Not as much as this guy though.

Fag tries to raise his covenant rank but then gets rekt

neat thanks OP

There are a few little dialogue issues (I assume not from an English language native speaker) but the whole thing is wonderfully slick and so much more in tune with the feel and tone of the games than the official comic ever was.

In a way I would say it's almost too faithful. I don't know if you have to translate invader auras, or humanity, or miracles as they literally are in the game to a comic adaptation. But this is a fancomic playing on the game and while I think that might hurt a longer narrative piece it's perfectly fine here. Great stuff OP, thanks for sharing.

>instead of this we get tumblr shit filled with OCs written by a Doctor Who manchild

What the fuck was Bando thinking?

Nice synopsis

the comic industry favors artists who have fanbases and can get things on time so that's why they hire shitty artists who are popular because their art is on time and people buy their stuff.

That said the person who did this fan comic is most likely working as an illustrator or probably has a job making comics, they can't be this good and not get some money out of it.

Really? or you jestin?

>Webcomic with art this good
>Webcomic with a well choreographed and decently flowing sword fight
Granted I didn't like DaS3 that much compared to the original and Bloodborne, but holy fuck this is good. This guy can't just be a webcomic artist, this has to be the side project of a legit professional.

you'll find the credits on "Lordran and Beyond" a web page for fan made Dark Souls proyects.

The main problem is what this user brings up: The actual, technical skill to accomplish good paneling and action seqeunces in webcomics is so vanishingly rare I can't even think of one of the top of my head despite reading all this dreck since it all started decades ago. There's several examples of great art, but the actual ability to portray effective action and movement is pretty uncommon.

For instance, Unsounded I consider to be the best written webcomic I've ever read. Maybe even for comics in general. And it looks wonderful too. Great characters, an intriguing plot and world. And the creator can simply pull amazing writing out of her ass. Some real poetic lines. The two main characters have very distinctive, enjoyable, and contrasting dialects. Unlike other webcomics. like Erfworld, her writing is so good the short text side stories hold up on their own very well. Alas, some of the better ones require context and/or serious spoilers. Even her paneling is quite solid and she makes effective use of a webpage as part of the medium. But her ability to portray cohesive action during hectic scenes isn't really great and there's been some problems on that end.

Ava's Demon looks amazing, but it's basically Homestuck if it wasn't ironic. Gorgeous single panel pages, but takes ages for things to happen and is "teen problems: the webcomic." Less pages of text, though. The Meek has solid art and a good world with a nice cast, but it's current on the "fuck, did they die again" cycle of random releases.

There's a number of good, even great, webcomics, but good art, action, and writing is just not seen, really. Not even taking into account schedules and so on. Just how things are.

This was pretty cool.

Dunno why Leonhard was killing everyone for her but I enjoyed it. Even the action was well done.

This guy should get a professional job

>But her ability to portray cohesive action during hectic scenes isn't really great and there's been some problems on that end.
Primarily in the big Red Berry Boys fight IMO. There have been a bunch of solid action scenes apart from that.

This was easily one of the best things I've seen done with the franchise, but it's inaccurate because they cut out the hours of Leonhard invading into a gank squad where the hosts' three phantoms are decked out in endgame gear and weaponry

>This was pretty cool.

Dunno why Leonhard was killing everyone for her but I enjoyed it. Even the action was well done.
Well Leonhard is pretty psychotic in the game by its own and he actually kills rosalia during the Ringfingers covenant quest claiming something about purity and the true place of a goddess. So I guess in this comic he just shifted his focus on Irina

So what I'm getting from this is Leonhard forsook his own goddess in favor of Irina?
And also a former Vinheim assassin or am I reading too much into this?

First of all why is Aldrich a fucking witch doctor.
Second of all what the hell is with those rocks, are they underwater or some shit.

Maybe some sort of crystal cavern, sorta like Seath's?

>Dunno why Leonhard was killing everyone for her
That's just how people get shit in these universes, user.

any current comic like this?

I remember a short Dark Souls 2 comic that was released along with the game, anyone got that?

why'd he betray rosaria again

The problem is anyone who can draw good action sequences has already gone professional. If you have that much talent what the fuck are you doing writing webcomics?

Nevermind I found it. It's called Into the Light, on Dark Souls' facebook page if any of you want it. Gonna dump it I guess.
There is a colored version but I don't think it's official, not that it matters since the coloring is a bit mediocre.

>bitch da fuck you said?

Like everything else other than high end tech, the comics industry works on nepotism.

Guy can't catch a break.

It all depends on who you know.

End.

Cool stuff thanks 4 posting

Irina is so pure

Why the fuck isn't there a Bloodborne comic?