Would Sup Forums watch a show about wh:40k?

would Sup Forums watch a show about wh:40k?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4&t=399s
youtu.be/THFxKwUrBYY
youtube.com/watch?v=aXlPI2XSFrc
youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0KUz4Yg-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to say yes but the way Games Workshops just hands out IP rights to anyone in the street, it would probably be full made of flash and about Ultramarines.

Didn't they get buttmad about some dude that wrote about space marines in the 40s and try to sue him?

what about one that focused on the horus heresy

now that sounds dank

shameless bump

I'd like this to be finished sometime in my life
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4&t=399s

>ywn watch an adeptus astarties victory parade
why live?

>The Ultramarines are bad since the memes said

okay alot of them are annoying but there are some cool ones

Yes, but I'd want my main man Genndy Tartakovsky on it.

These 2 goof balls would make an amazing 40k cartoon

blood angels best chapter

Funny way of spelling Black Templars you've got there.

If they are to make a 40k cartoon we do not use any past chapters

We go full Dawn of War pick a unkown chapter then expand on them

>genndy will never animate beautiful space battles between the imperium and chaos
>genndy will never animate a glorious space marine chapter leading an invasion
why fucking live

>spuss murines

In all honesty, 40k seems like it would be horrible in a show format. The universe is completely ridiculous and inherently sounds like powerwank fan fiction. Without really dulling out most of the out there aspects of the 40k universe, it would be hard to manage any sort of interesting story short of a Clone Wars-esque short series of the Imperial Guard

>an entire chapter made up of men not good enough to become captains
nah.

Just imagine these as Imperial Guardsmen

youtu.be/THFxKwUrBYY

youtube.com/watch?v=aXlPI2XSFrc

So the.... Dark...Iron... Blood Wolves

A Deff Skwadron cartoon would be fucking awesome.

or they could focus on the imperial navy

fuck off heretic

Mini-series that follows one of the Lamenters.

I would watch a live action HBO series about the Great Crusade, from the end of the conquest of Terra to the victory parade on Ullanor. Though it would be interesting to see how the script would deal with the issue of the Lost Primarchs.

Why not a series about those space marines that have the same exact fucking mutation as Wolverine?

I would watch the hell out of an IG-centric story.

As far as I know, they tried to copyright the term "space marine"

>there is an in-universe device that tracks how many kills this guy made and it was so many that it reset back to 0 making him want to kill even more
>this isn't absolutely ridiculous

Nah, much like Clone Wars you just need a few strong character designs, one or two memorable traits per characters, and just enough background for coherency.

>Miniseries about Orkz fucking around in a Metalocalypse style

You know you'd watch it

For some reason a bunch of IG from separate regiments team up

make it work Sup Forums

>ridiculous
>bad
you know nothing about sci-fi, do you?

I've never really given a shit about the 40Kverse, but I love its orkz

How many different regiments?

I still maintain that 40k would best be served by a Band of Brother's style miniseries rather than big ol movie. A tv show could work if its established by switching character focus every 3-5 episodes.

An episodic based series about Space Mehreens destroying the enemies of man while ending every day with a lesson about team work and annihilating those who stray from the Light of the Emperor? Sure. Have a main adversary from each faction to fight with the occasional name drop to some major character or event.

you cant just have a show with a plot and just goofy shit all over like tranny demons holding boombox cannons

Could always rip off that one /tg/ guy's all guardsman party and have them unwilling recruits into some frontier world inquisition

>implying the count is what made kharn want to kill
>implying he doesn't manually reset it at the beginning of every black crusade
>implying that after living for ten thousand years as an avatar for a god of bloodshed it isn't reasonable to make the mileage roll over

You think that's crazy?

Space Marines eat the brains of those they kill because they have a special organ that allows them to absorb memories via eating grey matter.
You're in the wrong place if you're looking for anything resembling realism.

>saving gaurdsman rayanus

Well isn't the point of 40k to be as over the top and pulpy as possible? I feel if anything people take the franchise way too seriously.

i dont think you know why wh:40k is popular

The Redeemer is amazing.

I always forget the Guardsmen in 40k can be WW1 soldiers and Vietnam era soldiers

Sometimes it goes back further if you raise an army from some Feudal World.

Why not just make a Ciaphas Cain series? Comedy, horror, comedy, war, repetitions of "If I knew this thing was going to happen, I would have done the other thing." all the time... It'd be great.

>Catachan tough guy
>Cadian straight guy
>Tallarn dunerat chick
>Krieger edgelord
>Vostroyan rich kid
>Valhallan token Russian

>led by a Kasrkin/Stormtrooper dropout

I'd watch that

Then again, you'd also need an Ogryn and a Ratling. No need to bend convention since this will be a first public outing, we gotta dive deep into the typical 40k archetypes

Make a miniseries about the Catachan and you got my vote.

Yes I would also magnus is best boy
And black Templars are awesome

>Come and hear the song of Slaanesh, babe!

>C'mon Draigo, babe, whip it out!

Armageddon Steel Legion - Attilan Rough Riders - Brontian Longknives - Cadian Shock Troops
Catachan Jungle Fighters - Death Korps of Krieg - Drookian Fen Guard - Elysian Drop Troops
Harakoni Warhawks - Kanak Skull Takers - Last Chancers - Maccabian Janissaries - Mordian Iron Guard
Phantine Air Corps - Phantine Skyborne - Praetorian Guard - Savlar Chem Dogs - Scintillan Fusiliers
Tallarn Desert Raiders - Tanith First (And Only) - Terrax Guard - Valhallan Ice Warriors - Vostroyan Firstborn

I feel you need at least one Krieger, probably the medic, in there to provide that contrast that all the imperial forces, for all their flaws, are still human while Kriegers are where the line is drawn.

There was a story called "Redemption Corps"

It was a storm trooper team but the storm troopers were from other regiments.

This board is bad enough already without 40k posters, no thanks

It was indescribable how hype I was when I saw it storytimed for the first time.

We've always been here.

Who do you think is in /swco/?

>ywn have a thicc sister of battle polish your "helmet"
why live?

Well /tg/ is shit now so what do you want me to do

>I feel you need at least one Krieger, probably the medic, in there to provide that contrast that all the imperial forces, for all their flaws, are still human while Kriegers are where the line is drawn.
/tg/'s got you covered.

Their Valkyrie pilot has to be a chick, right?

No make their tech priest the chick who gets pissed at the catachan for modifying his gear

Imagine if it was about a group of dysfunctional tech priests trying to be competent but failing at everything.

What is she hiding under those robes?

>pissed at the catachan for modifying his gear
>only the catachan mods his stuff
>implying the Valhallan isn't constantly making his shit incendiary

Why the fuck NOT? Seriously, look at the average capeshit. How many times has the timeline been reset, or paradoxical beings from the eighteenth dimension have shown up, or how many times has Wolverine had his skeleton removed and put back in? It's not any less ridiculous than 40k.

You could use one of the tabletop RPGs as a series.

>not only war

I'd have to read up on it first. All I know of it are some jokes, artwork, and that one of the helmet styles reminds me of the Toa Mata Tahu.

too much edge and too convoluted

Oi oi! we'z ad enuff a dem 'umie... uhh..., wot de zog'z dey called? Ahhh, Space marines.

Zoggin' 'umies an dat Emprah git ain't got nuffin on us boyz! We'z da biggest n da strongest around!
No 'umies, squiggly grot tyranids, sparkly eldar or spikey chaos gits can stop da WAAAAAAAGH!

This isn't /toy/. You can just say Tahu.

REJOICE IN THE COMING OBLIVION
youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0KUz4Yg-Y

They guy on the left looking up with his gun raised is on a man-eating giant spider lookout. Only today he shot six.
The guy on the right is not burning bushes for fun, those were poisonous carnivorous plants he had to remove to secure his squad's flank.
The guy with the sword is not using it to support his weight, he just stabbed a young jungle viper hidden in the grass.
The guy shooting like a madman is actually aiming at an adult jungle viper coming from his right. Those fuckers grow up to 24 feet and their venom can melt bones.

Welcome to Catachan.

Datz rite boss! An orkziez show wuld be best! We'z all about stompin' and winnin'! Wot do dem otha boyz 'av?

(An ork show would take forever just to write dialogue desu)

>Omnimessiah, delete it, you Catachan imbecile! If I catch you making one more unapproved modification to your gear you're getting servitorized!
>Why you gotta be like that? Garik mods his stuff all the time.
>Garik's mods are at least useful! You welded a hunk of scrap to a flamer!
>It's bayonet...
>"B-b-but Enginseer, I want to be cool like the Sororitas!" That's you, right now. Deus Mechanicus, did you just attach the first sharp looking thing you found on the ground? I could shit out a better blade and I don't have an anus anymore.

As long as its about the real good guys in 40k the necrons

That's not how you spell Salamanders.

That's not how you spell Alpha Legion.

As I figure, 40k is to 2000AD what D&D is to Howard & Vance and Battletech is to Dougram. They all have other influences, but it's pretty clear where their core comes from.

Yes but that's because I'm a /tg/ fag first and would genuinely want to see how the fuck any creator would make the grim darkness of the 41st millenium translate to the small screen

Ultramarines are cool again user, its okay to like them or even just not obligatory hate them.

blood angels will always be better

No.
Fuck the ultramarines.
Just how fucking special snowflakes do the big blue boy scouts have to be?
Papa Smurf woke up.
Really?
No fuck you.

[autistic screeching]

>helmet off
>in space
okay

clearly you misspelled the followers of nurgle user

Space marines can survive a limited time in total vacuum.

Isnt most of you guys saying being thrown out the window due to that one primarch being brought back and he is the most levelheaded from an imperium standpoint?

Or was that the lion?

and their perfect hair can survive even longer too

i wonder hat will happen when the emperor gets revived

Actually I think Deathwatch WOULD be a good starting point, Marines of different chapters, already vets, different philosophies on combat & war.

Dan Abnett did the impossible and managed to make Roboute Guilliman cool again. I honestly hope he writes the Emps vs Horus fight.

Probably because the Orkz have a sense of humor and it's not constant melodrama

That's why I love Ciaphas Cain. His books are presented as memoirs written after he retired and exposes himself as a total fraud. In every instance his acts of cowardice or incompetence play out like a comedy of errors and he ends up being a hero

> Imperial Guardsmen being swarmed by Tyranid with no back up in sight
> Commandeers a transport to abandon his men
> Runs into a hoard of Tyranid exposing their flank attack

>kills a Berzerker in a duel because the idiot trips and falls on his sword
>Worshipped as a Saint of the Emperor on Tallarn because of it

All the primarchs have to return.
Russ stops fucking around in the webway, vulcan (is that his name?) gets back from the edge, the lion wakes up, The iron hand guy is revived as a living metal cyborg, the imperial fist dude shows up with one hand ect. ect.
The emprah dies and the ruinous powers dump all the traitors into the imperium to prevent the emprah from being reborn as the warp god of order.
It's obvious endgame and GW will never touch it.
Ever.

The current thought is that 40k is going to get Age of Sigmar'd.

I'd watch the shit out of a Deff Skawdron cartoon.
Just imagining it is making me exited.
youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo

join gr8r gud pls
or i report u
gue'la, pls