Unsounded

Now don't go telling our schemes ya hear

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/68744016/#68755425
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Bell's face
This is why you don't do Glut, kids.

How soon can he die horribly.

Bell I get, he's a warmongering fucktard who thinks he's on a mission from god. Karl is the super creepy one. He looted that jewellery off a dead body and now he's putting it on his girlfriend's daughter? That's all kinds of fucked up. He's like the boyfriend you hope your divorced mom never comes home with, the manipulative man-slut that thinks he can be your best friend but is going to steal your legos and sell them for meth money while you're at school. And then murder your mom and flee to Mexico.

Nice touch how Emne and Chea are wearing matching robes.

Not soon enough.

They're both psychos, Bell's just doing something a bit more productive with it.

Or, destructive. Whichever.

Emne called hers "Widow's robes". Some kind of mourning thing maybe?

I think Karl qualifies as a legitimate psychopath. He seems to not have any sort of emotional response to what he does, purely getting surface level enjoyment. I feel like Karl would kill a motherfucker just to watch them die, while Bell at least needs a reason.

What's his motive though? Hoping for some cushy position in Bell's post-Sonorie kingdom?

That's what I'd assume. Bell sets him up with a deal where he can fuck a lot of ladies and let him enjoy what he wants without worrying about repercussions. I could easily see Karl trying to fuck a married woman, then using his status to tell the husband if he finds out that if that husband brings it up in public Karl will have his ass in trouble.

I think Bell's more human than Karl, honestly.
At least he thinks he's doing (a) right thing, has a cause, has his people's happiness in mind.
Karl has Karl's happiness in mind.

Hell, I'd even accept that Bell is doing this for power. Real people do shitty things for power all the time. Karl just becomes creepier with every page

They're both A-type psychopaths.
Bell has a god complex and Karl is a run of the mill narccisist.
The only question is if Karl is actually a sociopath.

Bell is crazy as hell. Oh well, at least he's a super-patriot like Duane. Gonna be superfun when they meet.
Not till I get the "I talked to God" bowl. I was cheated out of Cleganebowl, and on this I won't be denied

Is it weird that I saw the first panel and immediately thought "this little girl is going to be hot if she grows up"?

>if she grows up
>if

Please, Ashley. No more dead lolis.

>. I was cheated out of Cleganebowl,
Do we actually have solid confirmation that the zombie cleganebowl won't happen?

Fucking confirmed, get hype

Yeah, made in the colors of the Khert, with faintly visible Khert lines. The head bangle things are to mask crying eyes.

>The head bangle things are to mask crying eyes.
I didn't even notice.
Good looking out Sup Forumsmrade.

>Yerta spoke to me! I heard her sibilant voice, plain as yours: 'Delicieu is righteous, the silver a gift.'
Tittybird has been speaking to Bell, telling him what he desperately wants to believe. What is a religious man to do when God starts speaking to him?

Request that Ashley sketch a grown-up Chea, user.
It's doubtful that will ever be canon after all.

We did get one of Mikaila. Probably going to have to wait for the next volume kickstarter to get one as tier request, though maybe she'll be generous in the meantime.

OKAY I SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING CHEA
YOU'RE FACE TO FACE WITH HATEFULNESS, IT'S STRANGE
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, IT'S ADORABLE
WELL IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT CHILDREN NEVER CHANGE
OPEN YOUR EYES LET'S BEGIN
YOU CAN REALLY TELL, I'M GENERAL BELL, BREATHE IT IN
I KNOW IT'S A LOT: MY SCHEME, ALL SHOWED
BUT WE'RE GONNA DESTROY ALDERODE!

WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT "YOU'RE WELCOME"?
FOR THIS HOUSE, YOUR DAD, THIS GUY?
HEY IT'S OKAY IT'S OKAY YOU'RE WELCOME
FOR THE GOOD OF CRESCE HE HAD TO DIE!

He did say "Maybe you could've asked her to keep quiet" when Bell murdered the fax machine operator, so he's probably not as bloodthirsty

time for another loli kabob.

Not wanting to murder one person is far from an accomplishment to brag about.

Though it does put him at a tier above Starfish.

It's established they're both shitty persons, we're just finely calibrating their shittyness at this point.

Sure "stab a bitch without warning" is only slightly worse than "Maybe we should ask the bitch before we stab her? No? Oh well... oh shiny!"

What do we know about Glut beyond "addictive Steroids?"

Bell is just doing what needs to be done, don't talk shit about the guys making the hard decisions so that you don't have to

>implying that Mikaila isn't still alive

Anybody notice how, barring the queen, all Crescians' first names are four letters long?

Weird.

That's intentional, it's something about not having names as long as/longer than the gods

I see.

Such dedication to false idols

Did you order the code red, user?

>false idols
If sael killed the gods, does that not imply that they were once alive, and therefore inherently not false idols?

I mean, there were very real idols, dubs man. They just weren't worth it in the end. It's the classic Klingon situation.

You got a good chuckle out of me

MAUI HAS FOUR LETTERS.
BELL HAS FOUR LETTERS.
[CONFIRMED].

You know, rereading really gives you an appreciation for how everything is set up if you're paying attention.

Here we find out that they're only tracking the Red Berry Boy's because Bell "predicted" what they would do. So it seems like Bell not got the Silver weapon, him fucking with Toma and Ethelmik getting Ethelmik'd was always something of a plan. I don't think they meant for it to go off in Ethelmik, but it's hard to see Bell playing both sides here as leading to things as they are now somewhat on purpose. Toma's marriage falling apart certainly seems to have been an ongoing project if nothing else.

Bell probably sees a hero as a thing to be spent. Or whatever is controlling him does.

Bell being a guy ready for people to try to fuck him over because he's a guy ready to fuck you over makes perfect sense. And everybody was prepared for the red berry boys to fuck somebody over because shart's am I right?
When you look back there was no way ethelmik wasn't going to get ethelmik'd. Any where the silver landed was getting ganked one way or the other.

Dang.

It's nice to realize this story isn't made up as the author goes along like so many other webcomics. Makes me excited to see where it leads. I heard a rumor there are naked water elementals in the next scene.

Light a candle for based Emil "The Ebony Ethelmik Eviscerator" "The Crescian Carnifex" "The Trespassing Tintinnabulator of Terror" Toma.

This comic really rewards a deep reading. People knew about the current plot of Unsounded before it was ever outright stated on the page, just from clues and context.

Someone has actually knuckled into the big mystery of Duane, Murkoph and Ssael and guessed right and I sure envy them.

>Someone has actually knuckled into the big mystery of Duane, Murkoph and Ssael and guessed right and I sure envy them.
Really??? Someone did that??

what is this this looks lovely

Different user. I don't recall anyone actually getting it right, but someone got close awhile ago by hypothesizing that Duane's tacit casterness and being a filthy pissmop were integral to his condition, well before the former was confirmed in comic. I'll have to see if I can track down the exact post, if it still exists in the archives. I recall bookmarking it.

Nope, someone's guessed it. I know because I rolled out a theory in one thread and Ashley confirmed somebody out there had got it right (without sharing what it was obviously).

All right then, I think I recall that now too.

Here's the one I was talking about, anyway:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/68744016/#68755425
>got bookmarks from two archive site deaths ago
Really need to go back and organize my shit someday.

Huh. The tacit casting bit makes sense-- he'd need to pull himself back together without actually having a voice after stuff rotted out.
The pissmop bit is interesting, though. Ancient tain secrets or something??

Hey it's my post :^)

You know after that I had the most awful fucking thought about the weeping plague and Duane, which I'm sure isn't true but is horrible to imagine.

>desuarchive.org/co/thread/68744016/#68755425
Thanks man!

unsoundedcomic.com

I dunno but I think that what happened to Duane in Alderode could maybe only happen to a mop.

As detailed here the salient point is that the golds are completely untouched by Alderode's crazy khert, for some reason. Everyone else, no matter what other part of the continent they come from, will get their kids ALDED if they have them on Alderode soil. The golds being immune is probably some sort of ancient tain secret, but more fundamentally something about their makeup vis-a-vis how the khert treats them. Perhaps they're like, I dunno, first humans or something and that fucks up how the khert and dammakhert read them.

All of this is a good time to bring up that while there's a lot in comic and everything important has been promised to be revealed in comic, there's years of asks and wiki pages scattered across the internet that people are drawing info from before it ever really gets brought up in story. Though the nature of the story's construction makes it so that certain vague things become much clearer in retrospect and it all slots together well anyway.

As you say, it probably isn't as simple as them just not being plugged into the khert because other people from outside Alderode do get plugged in once they're in the dominion. I don't think the Dammakhert is as simple as programmed spellery, I think it's tapping into something deeper that may be an essential classification of how the khert sees 'human' (as you've pretty much said). Then maybe it's using that to run some kind of pymary that sifts and rebalances things, but I'm not at all convinced they have the core selection of that down. The fact they don't seem to be able to edit it is significant too, although that could just be because too few know its secrets and the ones who do won't put it on the table for negotiation. I'm not talking about rebalancings Plats and Coppers there or anything but like, equalizing Coppers and Jets. If they have the power to, I don't buy that's never come up.

There are different health problems that hit the different castes, they have different essential aptitudes for pymary, etc. There's definitely something there at a deep level so it's fun to think about.

Duane himself is a walking khert anomaly just now but maybe that's something a Gold could always have been. Pymary was invented by the Tains, and Ssael himself was one. It's super interesting, like Sette was able to enter the khert in Duane's shadow whole and physically but could anybody have done that? That's what Ssael is supposed to have done! Is Bastion able to visit the big ole tittybird like Duane is?

On Karl's part, that seemed like a matter of expediency more than any mercy, I think. Complicates things a lot less if you can just bribe/threaten someone to silence rather than kill them.

I mean sure, you core leeched her, that's the body taken care of. Now what about family or friends? Somebody waiting for her to come home after another boring day at magical dispatch, but she never will now. Now you gotta make up some bullshit excuse for that too, or just kill her whole family, General Bell-end.

The bit about Vienne tricking the Khert into acting like not-first-materials are first materials is probably super relevant. I've seen other people speculate on it.

He'll last longer than Starfish

Karl's just a slut. Are you saying sluts aren't human?

You know that's exactly how it's done in Civilization. The man is just playing the game right.