Ryan Reynolds to Star in Pokemon Movie 'Detective Pikachu'

>deadpool to this

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

NONONONO ONON NOWA {PIKACHU IS QUIIIIIIIIIIPS TOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIIN GMARVEL!!!!!!

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

This movie is gonna lit af

someone shoop JUST hair on that image

This sounds worse than cancer, and I literally have cancer.

not for long

HYPED
Y
P
E
D

Who's writing it?

Why doesn't Nintendo just let them make an actual Pokemon movie?

Movie 1: Indigo League
Movie 2: Johto etc...

What's the essential vidyakino?

There isn't one. Hollywood always finds a way to fuck it up. They couldn't even make a proper Max Payne movie

Mortal Kombat

>literallly reddit: the superhero movie complete
>how can I get even more of the reddit audience?

Tomb Raider

a woman of color died for this?

this

*inhales*

There's 2 billion Pokemon movies already, if anything this is a breath of fresh air.

Ace Attorney.

Pretend I have a picture of TJ Miller and an emoji.

Deadpool to this.

this is nick cage tier motivation to do movies

Is Danny Devito Pikachu?

No, Ryan Reynolds is.

He's really going up in the world.

>has to be a deadpool favor
>universal pictures

why though

Because Hollywood is very shit on adapting games. So if you want to gamble, then a spin-off game is the right choice. Whatever happened to the film, it won't affect the main game.

Will we get a live action version of best girl in the movie?

>implying a Pikachu movie won't make mad dosh
Normies already proved themselves to not be above such things with Pokemon Go to the Polls.

Somehow you posted the wrong character.

>no danny devito
Fuck this gay Earth

I kind of get it. It's like if you were asked to retroactively star in that Mario Bros movie. He wants to be a part of a train wreck

Alex Hirsch (creator of "Gravity Falls") and Nicole Perlman, co-writer of "Guardians of the Galaxy"

>Not Danny Devito
D R O P P E D

For some reason I thought "Detective Pikachu" was this book.

Is it bad I got excited?

that book won awards.

Can someone explain to me why the fuck this movie is even a thing? Like, why don't they just make a proper Pokemon movie instead of whatever the hell this bullshit is?

Why are they making a Detective Pikachu movie in the first place? It is going to kill any chance of the live action Pokemon cinematic universe that you know they want. All they have to do is a regular Pokemon movie that panders hard to the genwunners and nostalgiafags and it would print money.

>Like, why don't they just make a proper Pokemon movie
cause they already made 20 of those.

>Why are they making a Detective Pikachu movie in the first place? It is going to kill any chance of the live action Pokemon cinematic universe that you know they want
Except they're already making tons of animated pokemon movies that sell like hotcakes in japan.

Because it wouldn't sell? Because there's already 20 other movies? movies that you probably won't watch either way?

One that Americans will watch. American audiences don't watch cartoons that aren't made by Pixar.

>One that Americans will watch.
They released the first two on american cinemas and the rest get released on tv.

What does Japan have to do with anything? This is an American production starring Americans, Japan is not the primary target audience.

While every single one is released in japanese theaters. Universal is just batshit.

I mean an American movie, dingus.
>there are already 20 movies
You have a point, but still.

>American audiences don't watch cartoons that aren't made by Pixar.

What rock do you live under? Did you forget Minions and Despicable Me? Hotel Transylavnia?

Well, its actually an American movie with an American cast just using Japanese characters.

Watch dragon ball evolution and the last airbender. You will know why

Postal

OH NO NO NO NO

So, would that dialogue be something like

"Look kid, it's either do or die when you're rolling with me. One minute you're minding your own business sleeping at a Lab and BAM! next, some kid with zigzags on his face decides to take you while shouting about being a Master."

Renolds is cementing himself as THE meme actor

and there's nothing wrong with that

Wow can't wait for all those autists from /vp/ to come in here and shit up the board when this movie comes out.

There is no way this isn't gonna bomb
How are they gonna translate the pokemon's designs to CGI without them looking out of place in the real world?

He was already in Green Lantern.

Its called a receding hairline as you get older, you dumb Apple iPhone faggot.

>Pokemon
>bombing
Dude are you on drugs?

Why not just make a live action Pokemon movie, with a origin story for a trainer and his quest to travel the land and become a champion? Make it like Harry Potter.

Movie will recoup budget in japan only.

>Pokemon GO
>one of THE hottest mobile fads in years
>somehow not related to this 'bombing'

Its going to make bank. Not capeshit tier of bank, but enough to be profitable like any children's movie.
You're delusional. You have to be from Sup Forums; fucking TORtanic.

The Dragonball movie is kino.

t. baldlet

Legendary pictures bought the rights to everything Pokemon related for film. I'm guessing this is just test if people would be interested

Dragon ball evolution and the last airbender bombed

>tfw you thought it was The Goose for a second

I read Ryan and only glimpsed at the thumbnail. Both relieved and disappointed that it's not him.

I just said that retard. The movie will recover budget just in japan. Rest is gravy

There's no balding in my family, nor am I balding. Keep projecting. Also, try not being underage.

Sorry. I read that obliviously as like "it'll only break even in Japan". Brain problems tonight.

I can't wait for the Pokemon cinematic universe and their inevitable version of the Avengers where all the protags team up to fight Rainbow Rocket.

That's because capeshit and pokemon are on the same shit tier level.

OHNONONONO OHHOHO WUUUUUUUUUUUUH-

God that movie was so fucking good. Blu Ray when?

Warcraft

soon, I hope.

saw it for the fourth time in the theater yesterday

Uhhh what the fuck? Does he talk and have a script or just say "Pika Pika"

>deadpool to this
>literal who capeshit character to the most profitable franchise in human history
What did the dumb capenigger mean by this?

>my roommate was a frog kid. you ever see a frog kid?

the detective pikachu actually talks
and the villain of the game is a blue pikachu

I wish it were still in my local theaters. Saw it 4 times while it was running.

Because a live-action regular Pokemon is easy to fuck up. See: Dragon Ball Evolution, Avatar, and Death Note.

Detective Pikachu is hard to fuck up, and if they do, nobody will care.

He's a Pikachu that walks and talks like a human, but conversely isn't very good at using his electrical powers.

The rest of the Pokemon are normal.

He's going to meme it into a success with his quippy banter

Meme magic strikes again.

raul julia scenes of streetfighter

Does this even take place in Pokemon world or Pikachu is crossover into our world with no pokemon?

Pokemon world. There are humans, regular non-talking Pokemon, and this talking Pikachu.

>the villain of the game is a blue pikachu
Fuck this boring mascot centerd Minions bullshit

is that talking cat still a thing there?

the pokemon world

It doesn't take place in the anime world, so no.

This is going to be post-ironic kino. I'm all about this type of obscure humour.

oh.

Are people in this Pokemon world so dumb some talking mouse can become a detective and solve crimes? What if it blames me for the crime? I hope there are no magicarp judges

Synopsis

>Introverted geek Tim Goodman (Justice Smith) joins forces with a sarcastic talking Pikachu (voiced by Ryan Reynolds) to find his father, a famous Pokemon researcher who has been kidnapped by sinister forces. They are aided by a sassy reporter (Kathryn Newton) with an important lead on the case.

Ryan's starred in worse, this can't possibly be worse than this piece of shit.

reminds me a little

So, literally the same as the game?
Wish they would change it up a bit, but whatever

So will it take place in the pokemon world? If so then what region? What other pokemon will be in it?

They changed Tim's skin color. It's more than enough

it does take place in the pokemon world, in a place named rhyme city