Hasn't made a decent film since schindler's list

>hasn't made a decent film since schindler's list

What happened to Spielberg?

I like Minority Report.

Either way, dude's getting old and has gone all in on what people have criticised him for and is seemingly unable to deviate from such tropes or perform them with a modicum of irony or any semblance of criticality

>Saving Private Ryan
>Minority Report
>Bridge of Spies

>Saving Private Ryan
>Catch Me If You Can
>Munich
>Bridge of Spies

>Produced Letters from Iwo Jima
>Produced Band of Brothers

He got soft

Bridge of Spies was crap you plebs.

hope he gets exposed soon, don't really care about anything he's been involved with other than Band of Brothers

He started to think too highly of himself.

>mfw he's directing this garbage

Ignoring the greentext, he became a father. That is all.

>Meryl Streep
Pure cancer.

see

Why?

that poor kid...

it wasn't crap, it was just super vanilla. it's an inoffensive tom hanks flick that you can throw on regardless of who else is around.

Hook was good

Looks like he was a good father, his children are very patriotic.

Post that "bows head" thing.

He should go back to making movies about the 6 gargallions, this way maybe the (((academy))) will accept him back for remind the goyim about the suffering of the gentile people.

she probably criticised god emperor trump or some shit

Literal undisguised Soviet-level propaganda, about Jeff Bezos's discredited propaganda blog. Here's a tip: start with something good.

Which one is Sasha?

I thought it's about Pentagon Papers.

because Bezos owned the Post in 1973

get over yourself drumpfkin, I'm sorry Daddy's administration is crashing down in flames

rude

worse. she talked about politics at all as though anyone gives a nuclear fuck

Munich and the lost world were good
>inb4 Jews
>inb4 muh gymnastics

Am I the only one who thinks Streep is an above average actress who doesn't deserve the praise she gets?

Yes, you're the only one.

>defends and applauds Polanski
>uses awards show for her own political propaganda purposes
>claims she didn't know about the degeneracy that takes place in (((Hollywood)))

Spielberg hasn't made a great movie since saving private ryan. I can't remember which ones but I think he's made a few ok flicks since then but nothing great. that was 20 fucking years ago.

I don't mean literally, you cunt. Everywhere I go, people seem to worship her.

Good thing that has nothing to do with her acting.

Isn't that just confirming that you're the only one who thinks she is an above average actress who doesn't deserve the praise she gets?

>The Lost World
>good
Christ no, it was garbage. JP3 is better than Lost World.

he keeps choosing terrible projects

wasnt there a thing about an elf?

>PRODUCED BY AMY PASCAL
why is this (still) allowed?

>Here Steven, try to salvage the reputation of modern journalism.

But the BFG was great

Whose else's filmography would you take from the mid 70's to mid 90's?

>didn't like The Pacific
hmmmmm shit taste

>>Saving Private Ryan
Forgettable Oscar bait and American war hero circlejerk when most were sent to Asia
>>Minority Report
Big budget popcorn flick
>>Bridge of Spies
No one saw it no one cared

the terminal is comfy core

didn't care for it and your brother fucking sucks

Weinstein being a rapist didn't have anything to do with being a producer either, yet scummy people still succeed in that industry

>fired from sony
>still produces movies for the sony corporation
Why is this allowed?

he hasen't made anything good since 2002

Scummy people often make the best art

>I can literally dismiss any movie with buzzwords

>>hasn't made a decent film since schindler's list

'Catch me if you can' was excellent you pleb

I really want to know how the Redditors Iliad is going to perform. It should be cause for something worse than GOTG-posting but I feel like everybody forgets this movie exists.

You can ignore the degenerate pieces of shit in Hollywood all you want, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to...

>being this much of a brainlet that he can't separate the art from the artist

Bullshit. Scummy people are simply more willing to prostitute themselves for attentiona and exposure than the average decent person.

>being this much of a child that you'd trade your moral standards for entertainment

I just realized that this is supposed to be the same office.

Quiet pussy

>looking for morals in Hollywood

>Forgettable Oscar bait and American war hero circlejerk when most were sent to Asia
Everything wrong in one statement.

They'll go hard on the nostalgia marketing once it hits, which will stop it from outright flopping, but the source material is shit and Spielberg's decades past the point where he would have been able to pull a Kubrick and sift through the muck to find something that he could make into a good movie
I'm gonna say the movie will be average to bad, gets a ~65% on RT with a strong opening weekend with very little action after that, and everybody forgets about it after 2 weeks

>supporting known degenerates, faggots, and pedophiles because you find them "entertaining".

I know this is likely, but I want to see this toilet of nerd culture flick flop

let he who is without sin cast the first emma stone

this must be awful for a 'journalism' puff piece to not get lauded in Drumpf's America

Can you fucking 56%ers stop talking about your reality TV tier politics for one thread?

But nobody's talking about yuropoor politics here.

No one should be talking about politics at all

>the holy grail of pop culture
dear god, just nuke this world already

yeah, she is overrated.

>>hasn't made a decent film since schindler's list
What's "decent"? 6/10 or above? 8/10 or above?

I liked A.I., and Minority Report, and Catch Me If You Can as well.

I also didn't mind Bridge of Spies.

Looking forward to Ready Player One

A.I. is his only great film.

>What happened to Spielberg?

What happened to Spielberg? What happened to this world?

One of the most popular tv shows right now is a show based on his movies from 70s and 80s. Some millennials literally throw in the e.t, close encounters, the goonies, poltergeist into the fucking blender and told netflix to stream it.

If I was Spielberg I fucking kill myself at this point.

>I've got skeletons in my closet so pedophilia and sex trafficking is ok with me

Many, many creatives burn out around middle age.

Why does everyone lie about how talented Meryl Streep is? She's just okay.

*blocks your path*

This just looked so fucking boring. Not saying I can't appreciate a slow film, but this just had bland written all over it. It's like a lot of Spielberg's recent output, dull shit.

he's afraid of meeting the expectations for his former productions. its a common anxiety for greats who just can't bear to stand up to their own deeds. Very sad, also a fucking disgusting degenerate evil fuck