Name a cartoon that aged worse than G1 Transformers, I will wait

Name a cartoon that aged worse than G1 Transformers, I will wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JavlnIOqGjU?t=1m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=pklTrisv41c
youtube.com/watch?v=_BwgEOQO_qk
tfwiki.net/wiki/Child's_Play_(episode)#Animation_or_technical_glitches
youtube.com/watch?v=BT0cOBI9yD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GI Joe

Post the webm. You know the one.

He-Man
old TMNT besides nostalgia fuel
old MLP
if anything, Transformers is one of the more decent 80s shows

at least it's an accurate depiction of the toys after you played with them for a month

At least we got an Obari style episode.
youtu.be/JavlnIOqGjU?t=1m24s
wish I could find a higher quality rip, but the picture is another example from the episode

Thundercats.

The remake somehow managed to be even worse tho

He-man is poorly in every aspect, but his animation is constant

because they reused the same animation every episode.

Tiny Toons and Animaniacs.

Pretty much anything that relied entirely on dated pop culture references or celebrity humor.

90s Iron Man.

What makes G1 transformers's animation so atrocious is that mecha designs demands a high budget to animate, it's not something you can do with the same budget as most of the cartoons of the 80's

>old TMNT besides nostalgia fuel
The first few episodes are still pretty good.

Street fighter.

Beast Wars.

Challenge of the go bots

BW's writing still holds up
SF's cartoon was always terrible

Beast Wars was, and still is beautiful, you bastard!

>Force Works
Definitely a show of its time.

Still blows my mind that most of the 90s Marvel cartoons are on separate worlds. Always thought it took cues from the DCAU

The animation was always shit, but the show itself is fine...I watched it recently on a regular basis and honestly, despite few extremely silly scenarios like adventures with King Arthur, the show itself hold up IMO....shit animation, pretty good show

Hate to be that guy, but Transformers isn't "mecha"

It was always bad

This is bullshit, I was a kid when Animaniacs was on the air, it made me laugh even if I didn't get the references in detail till I was older

I didn't need to know who each of the actors the Goodfeathers were parodies of to find them funny, they were funny regardless. As an adult, it only made it funny once again....and I would hope there aren't seriously adults who've never seen Goodfellas.

The x-men and spiderman cartoons are on the same world

Anything from Hanna Barbera is absolute trash. If it wasn't for the success of Scooby Doo, they most likely wouldn't still be around

according to Marvel's Universe shit, they are not.

key word "most" not "all"
youtube.com/watch?v=pklTrisv41c

That's from the Rhino Remasters when they used the film prints instead of the beta tapes that had the finished Animation.

Galaxy Rangers had 17 reoccurring space ship models, mecha horses (if you know anything about animation you know those are hell to animate) shape shifting creatures, transforming robots and one of the main characters had an over detailed glowing bionic arm and with half the budget of Transformers, kept everything both on model and in good animation.
Transformers just suffered what most Sunbow shows of it's time did: being an over glorified toy commercial of the 80s meant no one gave a shit about quality as long as it sold toys.

season one was awful even for it's time.

>scoobydo.tiff

Scooby Doo honestly wasn't even that good. Even Joe Barbera hated it but it was hugely popular he didn't care.

no that's how it aired. I have my brother's old vhs tapes when he recorded live TV and that episode is one of them on it, the error is there. Also even the wikis note this error as original airing.
whoever told you that shit Andrew wanted to get a good laugh out of how gullible you are.

Scooby Doo was pure shit, it's mostly beloved just because its a major cultural icon of the 70s, has had better incarnations in the future, and the idea that scooby and shaggy were potheads which amuses normies to no end

The first four episodes of TMNT were the best then and they continue to be the best now

Why was it such a huge cultural icon anyway? Just heavy syndication? Every episode was basically the same thing, you think audiences would get sick of it quickly.

It was fun in it's time

I don't know since I was born in the late 80s, but even I grew up watching countless reruns of every single series

If I had to guess, I would think it was fairly "hip" for it's time...it incorporated popular fashion and imagery and music, despite being shit

Once upon a time Life/Man.

Dinosaurs right?

I disagree about heman, it's a bizzare show, and always was, but it's not unwatchale. the rotoscoped animation is fluid, and the background art is actually really fucking gorgeous

This show was bad then and is bad now.

I guess that means it aged okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=_BwgEOQO_qk

90's Spider-Man

the legend of korra.

1. Korra was always garbage
2. It didn't have much time to "age" either way

Wasn't that also happening in comics at the time? Several Avengers and the Fantastic Four went to Image for a few years.

I see your point. Dinosaurs (both herbivores and carnivores) eating lettuce , thats inaccurate

lol this IS crazy! How is that guy in the back at the beginning of the clip eating if he's got his mask on??

I haven't seen Transformers, what exactly is going on here? I mean, I can get what's supposed to happen in the infamous dinosaur webm; some dinosaurs burst through the wall and eat stuff. But I don't understand this clip.

Toy Story.

I agree with Tiny Toons, wholeheartedly. the shit is almost completely unwatchable bar a few episodes. Animaniacs isn't anywhere near as bad. Still a mixed bag, but plenty of good stuff.

being loaded into a rocket, cat gives a goodbye lick, layering issues abound

QUALITY is happening.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Child's_Play_(episode)#Animation_or_technical_glitches

This is why "shitty old cartoons" threads are so pointless nowadays.

They're just millennials listing the few 80s cartoons that actually were halfway entertaining enough to gain a cult following, pointing out that they're shitty in comparison to most post-Fox Kids cartoons. You don't know the ACTUAL worst the 70s and the 80s had to offer, because nobody talks nostalgically about them, so you don't get Sup Forumsntrarian coolguy points for shitting on them.

Really? I feel the opposite way, that the boxy, basic robot designs of the G1 toys/cast lend themselves well to cheap 80s animation, moreso than lines like MoTU where the animators try to do human anatomy and fail utterly.

Well whatever the fuck that is, it's shit.

Spider-Man not only met the X-Men during the NeoGen arc, but met Iron Man towards the end of the final season and then summoned him, Storm and the Fantastic Four in the Secret Wars arc.

And there were lots of other cross-show team-ups too, even when they aired on different networks, like the Marvel Action Hour version of Dr. Doom showing up on The Incredible Hulk on UPN, along with the Thing, and JOHN RHYS DAVIES reprising his role as Thor from the FF cartoon's Galactus arc.

Really, I didn't see much of them, but I'm pretty sure the only 90s Marvel cartoons that WEREN'T in continuity with each other were the very last few - the Silver Surfer cartoon may not have contradicted the FF's version of Norrin/Galactus' story, but I just assume it did, Avengers: United We Stand was decidedly its own thing, as was X-Men Evolution... but to be fair, XMEVO, or at least parts of it, is canon to W&XM is canon to Avengers EMH.

Whether or not OP's error is among them, the Rhino remasters DO have a shitload more erorrs than the actual aired animation, not to mention the saturation/brightness/contrast being all fucked up. I honestly think a big reason everyone who only watched G1 recently shits all over its animation is because they watched it on Netflix, which DID have the Rhino transfers even after the superior Shout! Factory ones were out.

As hipster as it sounds, FHE video on a crappy old CRT TV is how the show was meant to be seen. It was never meant for a world of 1080p

millenials are fine with the 80's since it's their childhood. it's genZ that is obsessed with "currentyear or die" logic, and spend more time shitting on "dad culture" than even consuming the currentyear stuff.

Reboot.

Yet Dr Smoov's videos will be funny forever.

Where? The wiki even says the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons are on the same world. I think you're confusing things because it's the FF/Iron Man cartoons that don't share the same world as Spider-Man/X-Men.

>Spider-Man not only met the X-Men during the NeoGen arc, but met Iron Man towards the end of the final season and then summoned him, Storm and the Fantastic Four in the Secret Wars arc.

The guy you're responding to probably confused things but it's true that FF/Iron Man (and I just remembered now, the Hulk cartoon was connected with that as well) is separate from Spider-Man/X-Men, even though Spider-Man used the same VA for Iron Man and I think War Machine. It's mainly cause in the F4 cartoons Captain America made cameos in the present day but the Spider-Man cartoon established Captain America was stuck in that portal with Red Skull since WWII.

>I think you're confusing things because it's the FF/Iron Man cartoons that don't share the same world as Spider-Man/X-Men.
But they do! They totally do! Iron Man and the FF were in the final season and everything!

What is that one of those gay dance shows?...

>It's mainly cause in the F4 cartoons Captain America made cameos in the present day but the Spider-Man cartoon established Captain America was stuck in that portal with Red Skull since WWII.
Well, the FF cartoon also has Scarlet Spider according to this video...
...so my headcanon to explain this discrepancy that I just thought up now is that those FF episodes take place after the Spider-Man cartoon, after Cap was freed from the POHTAL IN TIME and Spidey had met his universe's Ben Reilly, who I'm gonna pretend was watching over NYC during Spider-Man Unlimited.

I blame that cartoon for making me think Tony Stark was Puerto Rican up until his movie came out.

Alternatively, that was the Earth-NINETIES version of William Burnside we saw in those FF cameos.

Old TMNT. I can still enjoy G1 Transformers.

YOUR EITHER LYING OR YOUR STUPID

>but to be fair, XMEVO, or at least parts of it, is canon to W&XM is canon to Avengers EMH.

Wolverine & the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Hulk Vs. were all canon to each other. I don't know about X-Men Evolution being a part of that, though.

Was it budget issues?

I think is more like a schudule issue, most of these QUALITY animations happens because the animators don't have enough time to polish the animation before the episode is aired. Just think about Dragon Ball Super.

N/m, I was going off the fact that Chris Yost wrote for Evolution too, and back when W&XM premiered I assumed it was a follow-up to that because, I guess, Rogue's looks and sexual chemistry with Logan? But that was probably the movies influencing both. That, and the Brotherhood just being a bunch of juvenile delinquents led by Quicksilver, but again, Yost probably just used elements of Evo that he liked when he worked on W&XM.

I forgot about the "Logan and Cap war buddies" episode of Evo tho, and the Wolverine vs. Hulk episode, completely contradict the later Yostverse, so, you're right. X-Men Evo is its own weird thing.

>You don't know the ACTUAL worst the 70s and the 80s had to offer, because nobody talks nostalgically about them, so you don't get Sup Forumsntrarian coolguy points for shitting on them.
I'm that guy who wrote about He-Man, and I never said those shows were the worst. And yes, I do know about shit like Rubik, I just didn't bother mentioning it because it's undeniably shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=BT0cOBI9yD0

Name a reason other than animation G1 Transformers is "bad"

Robo-bestiality

almost everything from the 80s

THIS.

80's TMNT
Voltron 84
Kickass theme song

B east Machines was better. Better beast-forms, better bots, better setting, better CG, better characterization.

I

I think /m/ has some webms

(You)

There you go user. Some webms for Call of the Primitives.

>B east Machines was better. Better beast-forms, better bots, better setting, better CG, better characterization.
Beast Machines was garbage, everything about it reeked of late 90s Hot Topic cullture....edge everything, make everything "fucked up" for the sake of it, and take yourself way more seriously than you have any right to

Also, let's not forget the fact that it was the most garbage and blatant eco storyline since Ferngully, and was so nutless that none of the heroes were allowed to have guns or blasters, so it was literally ninja freak mutants being presented as Transformers

Most other 80's cartoons.

G1 is pure 80's cheese and super silly, but it's still entertaining and managed to turn the toy designs into memorable characters. .

>As the Autobots board the rocket from Aron's hands, the cel layering is completely screwed up. The Autobots just appear out of nowhere in Aron's hands. Bumblebee appears to be growing right out of Aron's skin. Prime walks past the rocket rather than into it, then phases through its skin to enter it (there's no actual hatchway shown.) Nitro also phases through the rocket to lick Bumblebee, and both of them sit there, half-submerged in the rocket. Wow!
Wow!

RON MAN

skipping leg day.jpg

>Beast Machines was edge

>Beast Wars was the show where literally every toy was either a xenomorph or snarling like a roid rage ninja turtle

clutch cargo

Thank you

and it was constant

FAMILY GUY