twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Kiss From A Rose lasts 3 seconds

>An Illumination movie
>Good

You tell me.

Objectively best girl + best song

fight me

Eh, it was fun

For an ensemble, it's really well paced. It's a movie that celebrates music and performance rather than being a musical, so despite the large number of licensed songs, they aren't intrusive.

The visuals are serviceable and never impressive on a technical level, but you should already be expecting that from Illumination.

Character motivations were pretty weak- the gorilla, I think, had the best potential for story. Kinda triggering that despite being labeled as a "natural-born singer" in the koala's notes, he only got in from dumb luck and laziness on the koala's part- not on his own merit.
The lesson to be learned in the movie basically amounts to "Use other peoples' talent for your own gain" or "Impress your rich friend's family and they'll bail you out".
Seth McFarlane doesn't get any visible come-comeuppance, despite being the catalyst for the whole theater collapsing- if anything he's rewarded, as he still gets his moment in the spotlight during the finale and kinda-sorta gets away at the end?

I love how Dreamwork's special talent seems to be making movies about animals while having the characters be animals be inconsequential. This movie could be humans and it wouldn't be different

I want to marry Johnny.

It was ok.
The first half i'd say was even good, but somewhere after the middle producers apparently got worn out, so the second half is pretty generic in every way if you ask me.

No, it's cringe inducing garbage.

Eddie and Buster were hotter

It's actually pretty decent.
The cast is likeable, and the plot while generic, is pretty well done. It is no doubt worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Yeah, the cast's charm is what really makes the story worth telling.

Like Johnny's homelife and his father's abandonment are cliche and generic. Ash's boyfriend troubles are ripped from an after school special on abuse. But it works because you care about the characters and how you feel, instead of the story around them.

But they're already married to each other.

I'm in total agreement but this was Illumination: the RC Cola of the CG film giants.

No
It's not. It's cute in places but its not very good.

Nani!!??

Not entirely inconsequential. Johnny's daddy used his gorilla strength and acrobatic skills to break out of prison. Buster hired flashing squids to make lights for his show. Rosita's numerous children are a reference to how pigs can pop out a lot of kids, if I remember right.

Pretty much what these two anons said. It's nothing new or groundbreaking, but it's got it's own charm. The movie even throws shade at itself that singing competitions are a dime a dozen, and no one would want to watch it.

All of these are correct, plus Ash's loose quills going flying when he starts headbanging, and when the russian bear mobster outright tries to eat Mike.

>Ash
>'he'

Whoops, missed a letter.

Dubs confirm, Ash being a trap all along will be a twist in the sequel.

better than Zootopia

It's ok. I don't regret seeing it and Johnny is a qt

6/10

Nice music, bad plot.

I was expecting nothing and it was better than I thought, at least it was fun to watch

>best girl
I seriously hope you guys dont do this
>best song
altough really creative, Johnny has a much better song

its only good for scenes like this

Not really. Maybe watch the musical numbers on youtube if that's your thing.

It's not very funny, the storylines are totally separated and disjointed, and the character who is ostensibly supposed to be your overall protagonist is a terrible person

Also the music in the movie when it's not in a performance is random pop and they massacre golden slumbers as the leitmotif for the theater

it has seth macfarlane in it... its trash

Mixed opinions, just watch the movie for free here and decide for yourself watchcartoonsonline.eu/sing-2016/

Also personally I really enjoyed the movie, one thing it really lacked was the world building like zootopia had. In Zootopia the creators made a city for animals from the ground up and then put animals in it while Sing copy pasted a regular city and then put in animals

I wouldn't say that that's a bad thing for Sing. While Zootopia needs to have a more fantastical world to facilitate the story and setting, Sing needs to be more grounded to reality. Thus, it's more like our world.

This makes the Zootopia world much more interesting, but the Sing world more relatable and familiar.

The first Despicable Me was decent.
Then Illumination started milking the Minions and everything went downhill.

>their one good movie spawned one of their worst movies ever

It's like pancreas

I enjoyed it. Also, oddly enough, it has my favorite "hitting rock bottom" scene in any movie from recent years when the koala goes back to his carwash while Opera plays to highlight the nobility of his shame.

It was ok, the only reason i liked it was the koala desu.

It was alright. Moon is kind of the bad guy, but doesn't really get treated like one. The lesson he learns isn't really substantial and the other characters don't get much of an epilogue to explain how things work out for them.

It's okay if you like shitty pop music.

>buster will never clean your windshield with his speedo bulge

Johnny is my favourite of the cast and I loved his song the most but jesus fuck when she came up and sang it felt like she just DESTROYED everyone in the "competition".

>Sing
>Zootopia

Is this the beginning of the Furry Cinematic Universe?

Are her quills clipping through her torso?

>The animation, down to the fur and wrinkles, is 100% identical.

I wouldn't say he's the bad guy. He lied and he ended up paying for it big time, but he learned from his mistakes.

And was partially motivated by wanting to see everyone's dreams come true. Which he did by the end.

To be honest, she's the most forgettable character. Having one good song is nothing compared to the characters who had their own struggles and drama, in addition to having good songs.

She's shy and that's it. Aside from Mike, she has the least amount of obstacles to overcome. Out of the entire cast, she was the only one who had nothing to lose.

No. For some reason, her and her boyfriend have quills taken off of their heads and stuck to their shirts. I'm assuming it's some shitty teenage fashion statement for "rebels" in that universe.

>muh brand worship

No. It was a bunch of shitty plots wrapped around an even worse plot, held together with music samples.

It's passable. It has by-the-numbers storytelling, but the charm of the characters helps make up for that. The song choices for each character are very good, too; I liked the celebratory juxtaposition of old and new music.
You're not wrong, user.