Peter David is begging you to pay his taxes for him

Uh-oh, looks like Peter David's lifestyle is finally being ruined by another crossover being thrust upon him: this time a crossover with something called REALITY!

peterdavid.net/2017/03/31/i-am-in-desperate-trouble/

Now who wants to go through and find out how many times he ever complained about how everyone should pay "their fair share", meanwhile he's been paying NOTHING.

What a blowhard. I haven't liked his writing in twenty years.

Todd McFarlane ftw

Other urls found in this thread:

peterdavid.net/2016/10/02/trek-against-trump/
heroinitiative.org/eligibility-help/
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4QuxCNe89g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> I swung by the nearest ATM to withdraw some cash and was astounded to see that half the money in my account was gone. Why was it gone? Because my then wife withdrew it in order to pay for a divorce lawyer, which was how I found out my marriage was dissolving

Well, that sounds awful.

First the stroke, now this? The gypsy curse continues

Jesus what a bitch

Is Peter David now Sup Forums Brendan Fraiser?

Those Gypsy curses don't fuck around.

Someone shoop the JUST crown on him

poor guy

Bitches, man. Not even once.

McFarlane names characters after real people and then actually tries to defend himself when they sue for defamation

he actually sued his own employee after whom Spawn's 'real' identity is named for writing a cash-in book that probably four people bought

and then there's the whole Miracleman and Angela thing, which just puts the lie to any claims that he's pro creator rights, which has been his whole deal since like 1991

don't be bringing up McFarlane as a paragon of virtue

Shared account, and she only took half.

Not the best way to find out but she's sticking to the law there.

lol'd

If OP was trying to say "FTW" with someone PAD hates the right Image man would have been Larsen

It's legal but seems like a dick move. Unless he's abusive or something there's no need to not just come to him and say that you want to separate and THEN take the money within a reasonable timetable. She's an adult. How can she not think about the fact that it might fuck up his personal budget to be caught unaware like that?

Never get married to american women, boys.

>never get married
FTFY

>women

Sell your house

The divorce he's talking about happened in the 90's, Slowpokes.

We don't keep up with your waifu so you have the pleasure of informing us, lazybones~

But Todd's a massive cunt who was only able to become successful becuase he was more dishonest, willing to fuck people over and not a complete idiot like the rest of Image. I wonder how much PAD regrets giving him his start.

I'd feel bad, but Peter David should've called favors years earlier to make sure these taxes were paid. Space Cases came out in 1996, so he had two decades to deal with his taxes.

Like shit, I feel kind of bad for him, but did he really think that the IRS forgot about him?

This shit's why guys like Chris Tucker and Drake Bell have negative net worths. People think they can outsmart the IRS and forget to pay back taxes for years. At least Peter David caught on to it before the interest inflated it up into the millions.

BEHOLD!
- Peter David! A guy who at first manages to make you believe his characters are well developed... until you realize that all of them are David himself, that he does with them whatever he wants, and that all of them are totally retarded.

- Peter David! A guy who, when he doesn’t know what to tell, he fills the comics with his opinions about politics, movies, TV, and books. Thus you read a comic and a blog at the same time. And if there’s still space left in the book, he tells a good joke, no matter if off-topic.

- Peter David! A guy who seems to be building up an AWESOME story but then, after 50 issues you find that his plots are going nowhere at all.

- Peter David! The writer who has been doing nothing for decades while laughing at readers.

- Peter "I gas gyps with my farts" David!

>- Peter David! A guy who, when he doesn’t know what to tell, he fills the comics with his opinions about politics, movies, TV, and books. Thus you read a comic and a blog at the same time. And if there’s still space left in the book, he tells a good joke, no matter if off-topic.

Sounds comfy.

>all these mad liberals because he dared offend the poor gypsy people

Sounds like El Goonish Shive honestly.

You can easily figure it out from the article, he talked about Space Cases, which was a show from the 90's. Memeing weens like you have no excuse.

Honestly you only know his version of the story, but from the way he words it yeah it sounds like a dick move on her part.

I'm starting to believe it is indeed a cause of a cursing being true.

And I'm calling that crap bullshit all the time.

Forget about Gypsies, it's the Trump Curse he should have been worrying about...
peterdavid.net/2016/10/02/trek-against-trump/

Marriage law changes per state. Normally pulling this shit would get you in trouble in most states. Sounds like he's a New Yorker, which sucks.

Same with the attorney. No halfway decent lawyer is going to clean you out like that. Modern divorces are straightforward. They aren't cheap. But half your earning in the best fiscal year of your career? not a chance. The only way the bill would have been significant is if they were assholes and didn't let the lawyers do their jobs.

Not to mention he spent the last few years burning bridges and talking shit. Do I actively dislike him, no. He isn't Rucka or Ron Marz. But he also has taken his fair share of Trump dumps and Christian bashing. I'd say ask Clinton if he could get his donations back.

I know we all go full Le Redpill and kill le roasties but come the fuck on. How much of a delusional child do you have to be to have this happen as an adult? Yea his wife is probably a bitch but who married the massive bitch?

If you agree to marry someone without knowing everything they can do to you, you're a fucking idiot. If you agree to marry someone who does one of those things to you then why did you marry them? She didn't get this way overnight.

Be responsible for your own shit.

why don't you like Marz

I'll believe he's in desperate need when he links an eBay page with comics for sale.

>Don’t use the donate button on this site; that will send the money to the Heroes Initiative

Can't they help him? Should we ask on his behalf?

heroinitiative.org/eligibility-help/

>Do you want to get something for the money? Fine: Send a check to my PO Box, PO Box 951, Bayport, NY 11705 along with books of mine and a SASE and I’ll sign them and send them back. That’s something, I guess.

Something about this doesn't sit right with me.

The way it's worded makes me feel like i should trust him.

It's morally wrong to bash Christians now?

>Something about this doesn't sit right with me.
Wanna explain a little? I'm getting vibes from this statement as well.

What's his beef with Larsen?

we should all send him garden salads as a joke for april fools

Kelly was right again.

Has the page been taken down or something? I can't access it.

It sounds like he's a textbook dumbass who has or had enough money to really fucking need a good tax lawyer.

It's textbook bigotry, and not becoming of anyone who believes in peace, love and tolerance. I'm not the boss of your moral compass though.

Woops, the last sentence of was meant to say shouldn't.

The signing part feels like it's begrudging but the fact that he felt compelled to say "and send them back" worries me.

He's a professional writer who's more than likely worked on that post for days beforehand, he must know exactly how it cold it comes across.

I think it's overloaded from the amount of people trying to access it (you inconsiderate bastards, think of the hosting costs!)

I wonder how many will actually give though?

I got through to it:

>I am in desperate trouble

>I was going to post this tomorrow but then realized people might think it’s an April Fool’s joke, so I’m doing it today.

>Pretty much everyone has private things that have happened to them that they don’t want to discuss publicly. Well…this is mine.

>Many years ago I had a television series on the air called “Space Cases.” And I made a lot of money that year. I mean a lot. And I had a ton of money sitting in my bank account ready to send to the IRS on April 15th. It was all good.

1/2

What has Marz done recently?

Why PayPal? Why not GoFundMe?

All women are cunts.

Fuck me I meant to put more in part 1

>And then the day that I was going to send the check, I swung by the nearest ATM to withdraw some cash and was astounded to see that half the money in my account was gone. Why was it gone? Because my then wife withdrew it in order to pay for a divorce lawyer, which was how I found out my marriage was dissolving. So the money never went to the IRS because I had to use the remainder to hire my own attorney.

>Over the years, I never managed to land another project that would pay me that much. I had lots of people make promises–I even did the work for some of them–and none ever came up with the money. Meanwhile I tried to make payment arrangements with the IRS but they didn’t last, because throughout the year I’d send in the payments but then on April 15 I had no money to pay the income tax because I’d already sent them all my spare money.

>Then they seemed to just forget about it. Which was great.

>Except recently they now seem to have remembered. And they want all the money, plus penalty and interest, or they are going to financially destroy me.

>How much? $88,000.

>So I’m asking you guys.

>I’d love to say that we want the money because we want to repair the house, which is in desperate need, but that’s not the case. Every cent is going straight to the government.

>Is it possible? Well, I have 5000 Facebook followers. If they each sent $10, that would get me halfway. I have over 13,000 Twitter followers. If they each sent $10, I’d be in the clear with money to pay any taxes due on the new income.

>My Paypal account is [email protected]. Don’t use the donate button on this site; that will send the money to the Heroes Initiative.

>Do you want to get something for the money? Fine: Send a check to my PO Box, PO Box 951, Bayport, NY 11705 along with books of mine and a SASE and I’ll sign them and send them back. That’s something, I guess.

Why not both?

gofundme /peter-david-needs-your-help

I wonder if there's anyway to verify if the money donated to this actually goes to Peter David? Couldn't anybody pretend to be him?

>What's his beef with Larsen?

Look up Larsen's infamous "name withheld" letter to CBG.

Basically, Larsen wrote an anonymous letter claiming that comic book writers were all frauds and that the industry had evolved to no longer needing them (hence why Image was founded entirely by artists). Larsen was later identified as the author of that letter.

David, as a comic book writer, took offense to that.

Pretty sure Peter David posted on Sup Forums before. Sucks for him.

Fuck this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4QuxCNe89g

He was involved in the Scans_Daily destruction, though I think he denied that

Lots of reasons. He led a movement to boycott the Ender's Game Movie because OSC wrote the novel, he talked trash about just about everyone from GG to people at conventions using their 'male gaze' on cosplayers. I don't even disagree with allot of his shit, conservatives are annoying/disconnected from fucking reality sometimes. But to just write an entire group of people whether religious or political, off as somehow inherently inferior.

And then theres the hypocrisy. This is the guy who goes around talking about how he 'fixed' Witchblade and stopped it being so anti-feminist. He's been hailed for it, but this asshole was the original faggot that started that shit. He literally is the only one to put a woman in a refrigerator.

Actually that makes me like him more.

When you turn around and criticize people for doing the same thing to muslims/gays/jews, yeah. Either its all fair game or not.

>there are people on Sup Forums that'll defend gypsies

what a goddamn idiot.

A lonnnnggg story.

It goes back even further. Back to the 80's when Todd left Hulk and poisoned PAD behind his back to other artists.

>Peter David
I honestly don't know who he is.

>Back to the 80's when Todd left Hulk and poisoned PAD behind his back to other artists.

What happened there?

So were all of the Image founders just assholes?

Gypsies confirmed for time travellers.

PAD used to send stick figure drawings to Todd with a note saying

"this is how it's done you useless monkey"

PAD

Long story short.

(1)
Todds an asshole who realized people were associating Hulk and seeing him as David's side kick. Apparently some of PAD's mannerisms also pissed him off. Anyway, Toddy boy got off Hulk and onto AMS.

Todd spoke about his experience, leaving a negative impression in some artists mouths. Larsen, who has always been McFarlane's best bud got to write Spider-man at one point and portrayed Doc Ock as wrecking the Hulk. This pissed PAD off.

Shortly after that Larsen and his friends jumped ship to Image and David was free to lash out. He had Hulk beat the shit out of Ock and comment about 'larceny'. This was a swipe at Larsen for a comment where he claimed he and others held back concepts for later.

yes

(2)

When they could be taken independent. David was saying that Larsen took Marvel's money to RnD his own concepts. Later, PAD and McFarlane would have a debate. Theres a transcript on line. It was...bad. David isn't brilliant but damn is McFarlane skeezy.

They've exchanged barbs from time to time when something happens.

Go on a diet and use the money you saved to pay your debts, fatso.

It is legit kind of sad to see how you can be in comics for years and be so financially insecure.

Wife leaves him, he kills Betty Ross think he was trying to say something??

Man, I think he's done some adventures stuff and was looking at Image stuff. He did a couple of convergence tie ins, was finally finished up with the top cow verse and had an Indy book advertised. I more or less stopped caring once he stopped working on other peoples properties that I cared about.

if it was a joint acct both of them had equal rights to all the money in it, he's lucky she had only taken half

People surprise and disappoint you all the time, you can never fully know what someone's capable of until circumstances push them, happens to the best of us.

he's on one.

Linda's death was fine, it only became the mess it is today because Gail Simone wanted to bitch about it

Well, it isn't working.

this is why you have taxes taken out before you get paid big refund is better than a big bill

Because he never made a successful creator-owned work, instead coasting on work-for-hire jobs.

Eh. It was one of several happening in a short span of time. Gail didn't have a problem with women getting killed just that they were starting to get killed for a cheap shock. He was focused on because it was literally the metaphor she was using.

No arguing, I'm saying that using that meme Women in Fridges to harangue people and then allowing someone like Marz to just skate by pisses me off. It adds salt that Marz does the same goddamn shit to people. Calling them out for stuff he did.

He's old. Limited what can be accomplished.

The problem is a creator owned work he had a decade okay that he earned a shit of money over.

>Todd spoke about his experience, leaving a negative impression in some artists mouths. Larsen, who has always been McFarlane's best bud got to write Spider-man at one point and portrayed Doc Ock as wrecking the Hulk. This pissed PAD off.

Y'know, it's all fair game when we're talking about the guys doing shit to each other (backtalking, trying to say they used Marvel money, etc), but "HE MADE THE HULK LOSE. THAT MAKES ME ANGRY" is some stupidity the level of the "Aquaman MATTERS TO ME" Byrne temper tantrum.

maybe if DC collected any of his work he wouldn't be broke

His Aquaman had the worst art ever published at DC.

They are. Supergirl has been collected, Young Justice is getting collected. They sold Fallen Angel to IDW along Sachs and Violens which they bought from Marvel FOR him so that he could continue to write the series after it was cancelled.

And Aquaman is his own damn fault.

>Aquaman is his own damn fault
Why?

You'd think an experience like that would be a real red pill for him, but no.

The real scandal is that Marvel apparently doesn't pay A-list talent like him enough to make up that shortfall.

Uh yeah he outright confirmed it because Betty was his ex-wife's favorite character.

It was about more than that. Larsen was taking down the Hulk to look cool PAD was writing the character. It was about bad blood. And Muh Hulk too.

PAD can be one petty, vain bitch sometimes. He's just one of many in comics.

it was half of the money he set aside to pay his taxes with not half his earnings

I'm still keeping that point. Bad blood and all? Sure, that's one thing, I'll never give someone shit when there are actual issues between the two of them like the allegations.

"MUH HULK"? Seriously, what the fuck. Marvel owns the character, yours won't ever be the final word on him ever. It's pointless to get worked up about how others will use the character.

Which he left in his checking account like an idiot.

He writes one book a month. How much do you think comic book writers get paid that they can live off a single monthly?

>Larsen, who has always been McFarlane's best bud got to write Spider-man at one point and portrayed Doc Ock as wrecking the Hulk. This pissed PAD off.

Doc Ock had adamantium arms at that point, so it was justified. He wrecked EVERYONE in that storyline.

>A-list talent like him

David is apart of a group that burned certain bridges along with Waid and some others. He talked some shit after he left and DC's position for a long time was unless it was contractually necessary or a series was such a money maker it had to be reprinted, they would salt the earth rather than reprint shit by creators that did that.

Now its different. Waid's Flash is being collected just like David's Supergirl and YJ. The one hangup is DC is gun shy. They want books in their catalog that line up with present look and theme.

So a book about Wally West who is appearing in Rebirth makes sense. But PAD's Aquaman doesn't fit with the current image of the character, unlike sub diego.

he hasn't been A-list since the late 90's. David is a solid work horse that turned to glue five or six years ago.

He receives royalties from episodes on tv shows, novels, VG, and yes, OGC and GN collections. He should be fine.

PAD saw it as a slight. And Larsen and Co. pissed him off with some of the things they said about Marvel and writers.

I DON'T CARE

>Aquaman doesn't fit with the current image of the character
Unless we're talking about Aquamoa.