New Cave Carson backup

From Mark Russell (Flintstones, Prez) and Ben Dewey (The Autumnlands)

YES. Mark Russell doing something for Young Animal was just what I asked for in the last Flintstones thread. So glad Based DC is listening.

I really like that combo. Love Ben Dewey's work on Autumnlands and he also does that Tragedy series so I imagine he'll be a good fit with Russell's humour/sense of irony.

BUT what's happening to Super Powers?

WHENS SCIOLI
FUCK YOU CRAPCOM

I guess it's wrapping up? I'd buy as much of it as Scioli wants to do, but if he's doing it on his terms, that's what it is.

Hopefully working on a full SuperPowers spin-off

Sounds good. I was gonna drop CC because Oeming sucks ass, but now that DP is on sudden hiatus I might keep it going.

>tfw the two best books of YA are falling behind art-wise and already calling on guest artists and inkers

But Shade is the best book of YA.

That's what I meant, Shade and DP. Equally tied for me

They should just get guest artists for one offs and such, especially DP. Also, because fill ins are only 1-2 issues, you can get slow people like Dalrymple, McCarthy, Quitely etc to fill in.

I don't think that Shade is delayed, but I don't have all the info from the panel today.

Bleedingcool put up another "update" about Doom Patrol that confirmed that Doom Patrol #7 will be out in July. So....a delay, but not the "its cancelled guys" that Rich tried to push

>Bleeding Cool first reported that the Young Animal title by Gerard Way, Nick Berington and Michael Allred, Doom Patrol, had seen its orders for issues #7, #8 and #9 cancelled by DC Comics over extreme lateness.

>We also pointed out the soonest they could return, due to solicitation schedules, was in July.

>Well, that’s exactly what’s happened.
>Bleeding Cool reporter Mathew Quitney, at the Young Animal Panel at Wondercon with Gerard Way, has just provided us with the following points of information, following on from Gerard’s tease yesterday.

Doom Patrol #5 came out two weeks ago and the wonderful Director’s Cut of #1 was released this past week.
Issue #6, which Way says was the easiest to write, will be released on April 19th.
Doom Patrol underwent a restructuring of the schedule. They didn’t want to have a mishmash and wanted to keep the overall quality. The team wants to be able to guarantee dates for release.
Issue #7 will be released in July and is a special guest issue with Mike Allred pencilling.
The first trade comes out in June with tons of extras.
The other cancelled issues will be re-solicited shortly
Jamie and Molly run the imprint on a day to day basis, with Gerard overseeing everything. It does get in the way of scripting, but he looks at everything that comes in for YA.

Yeah I'd much sooner that then have people come in and help on issues. Dalrymple would be such an incredible fit for DP, his variant already got my excited

Sorry I meant as in Zarcone is having trouble getting her art in no time. She's had at least two inkers already (Lee and Parks) on it, and Marguerite Sauvage is doing a fill-in out next week

Oh yeah, I totally missed that Zarcone was off next month. At least it's a one-shot. Looks like she is back for #8, then #9 will be her and Ande Parks.

It's a shame that they broke their "never had a delay and had a consistent style" streak though

It looks gorgeous too. At least the guys they get to help and fill-in make sense and suit the books.

Parks does a decent job on Zarcone's pencils but I still feel her own inks are special and bring something simplistically beautiful to the book

I don't really mind a couple of guest issues. I actually think if you can have consistent art for 9 or 10 issues a year (lol, how much gets that nowadays) for your arcs and break for mini-arcs or one-shots with a different artist that's ideal. Or even like 9-10 issues full stop a year and a gap where you put an annual out with someone else. I'm not addicted to the same artist monthly and there are ways to break it alongside story breaks that can easily make it work.

>At least the guys they get to help and fill-in make sense and suit the books.
I strongly felt this with Ultimates as well. Like when Rocafort couldn't do an issue they got Christian Ward, which is some A+ coverage. Of course they kind of fucked that up with random guest artists doing a couple of panels around the place when they didn't have time. I think a few ACO books were like that as well, and he obviously uses a lot of 3D modelling so less forgivable there.

Man this is a good poster.

Also think it's make sense that Lotion might be the Young Animal version of Beast Boy?

Fuck I need this so badly. I'm out of country for C2E2 on Record Store Day, hopefully someone can nab the CC release for me

I'm a fucking slave to the YA aesthetic

There's a bunch of secrecy about Lotion if you saw the Director's Cut of DP#1 posted the other day. Everything other than its name is censored out

They should just let DP take Beast Boy.

How do y'all feel about Bug? I enjoy Allred's art but his writing annoys the fuck outta me. I only liked X-Statix from him.

Someone might have said it, but Casey there has a similar design to Ultra Comics (ofc Morrison and Way are big pals).

I have a weird fondness for the family effort side of it. I dunno, I'm pretty happy it's coming out and looking forward to it.

Morrison and Way told one of my favourite hometown anecdotes together. I don't think I've still got the image though.

what anecdote?

>Way: I can get my self out of any fight, I think there's been numerous times that I've basically convinced somebody to not hit me and it's always worked.
>Morrison: Then I come from Scotland where basically everything is an invitation to a fight. You just walk out of a store and you see someone "what do you want fucking 'moan then." He (Gerard) came to Glasgow and i was with him and we were walking across the square you hear "Gerard Way's a wanker!"
>Way: (giggling) That's true
>Morrison: I was pretending i was the Russian bodyguard going "Keep away from Mr Way, he's not wanting to talk to you".
>Way : (still giggling)
>Morrison: And these kids were surrounding him "Ah, fuck you, yer fucking useless and yer brothers useless too"
>Way: And they were at the show, the same kids.They were there, yeah I think they were in the front row.
>Morrison: And those were the fans.
>Way: Those were the fans in Glasgow, Scotland.

Friendly reminder that Didio personally flew to this fucking shithole to talk Grant into doing All Star Superman.

top kek
I would very much like to ask Morrison what he thought of Trainspotting 2

Off yeh fuck yeh wee nyaff.

fuck, I love Shade so much
it was the one I was most apprehensive of but ended up being by far the best YA book

anyone got the story or an image about the time 52 was going, and every writer was in a conference room with Morrison on the phone, and no one could understand what he was saying?

There's a page about that in one of the introductions for an issue of 52, but I don't have that scan with me. Everyone is talking about the project, then for Morrison it just quotes "scottish grumbling"

I was most apprehensive about Mother Panic IIRC. Pretty satisfied with all of them honestly, Cave Carson is the one I would drop if not for the back-ups.

I was worried only about Mother Panic. I was right to be worried but it came out okay.

Milligan wrote X-Statix.

Lee Allred is pulling most of the weight on writing duties. Mike and Laura are helping to plot and stuff, but they're the art team.

But as for my opinion? I'm hype as fuck. I love the Allred family working together, I love Forager I am completely serious here, he had some of the most story potential I felt out of any of the super-minor Fourth World characters and I can't wait to grab the trade

It's good, but I've liked Doom Patrol more. I do appreciate Shade's consistent schedule though.

Eh, I think it's more the 'primary colors' thing that both have in common.

>Oeming sucks ass

Just like your taste