MORE $10 BOOKS FROM MARVEL

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/31/marvels-david-gabriel-1-issue-relaunches-ten-dollar-books-well-go-numbers-day/

>One tactic that worked on an issue that wasn’t a #1 recently was a special up-priced issue. “When we’re going from the $3.99 to the $9.99 Spider‑Man we almost tripled sales,” Gabriel pointed out.

>“Yes, there were incentives put on it. There were some variants, but to see triple sales on the $9.99 Spider‑Man book and to hear from half of the retailers saying, ‘This helped make our week,’ and then another portion of the retailers saying, ‘Shame on you Marvel for making us more money,’ we sit back. The only thing we have to look at are the numbers and comments like that. We’ll go with the numbers any day, because we’re interested in making us and you money.”

This guy in the comments put it best...

>The thing is while a higher priced special issue may raise sales, increasing the regular price doesn't have the same effect. It's the SPECIAL part that increases sales, not the higher price.

WHAT THE FUCK IS MARVEL THINKING?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FIYe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soon marvel will produce too many special issues that they wont be special anymore

They're the kings of strawmanning

>Marvel trying to Jew more money out of their readers
Could Ike get any more sleezy?

They genuinely will never learn

Mirror of this

archive.is/FIYe0

Marvel could fuck up running a lemonade.

>10 dollars
>Almost the same price as a TPB

This is so stupid.

I guess all that diversity has made them out of touch with reality.

thinking's for poor people

This seems like something Mr Krabs would say.

Stop giving that faggot Rich clicks dude made 5 articles on a ICV2 post let that marinate

He also made 3 posts about Doom Patrol being delayed/cancelled when he could have just fucking updated the first one with the right info. If anyone cares: DP #6 is in April, Trade in June, and DP #7 is in July. A two month delay between arcs

If you're going to fill every 10$ issue with as much content as these specials usually have, you're basically just releasing anthology books at that point. Or if it's all by a single writer, OGNs. The latter, at least, isn't a good business model.

Please don't affect RYV.
Please don't affect RYV.
Please don't affect RYV.

That's actually more than what most third party trades cost. Even some big two trades cost around that much.

>The thing is while a higher priced special issue may raise sales, increasing the regular price doesn't have the same effect. It's the SPECIAL part that increases sales, not the higher price.
Then explain Special Education you retards

Image firsts are $10. On Amazon you can get most rebirth trades for less than $12. Marvel is just the Jewiest company in the industry. I feel bad for the fags that drop a Hamilton on a Deadpool comic that you can read in less than the time it takes to take a shit.

You need more fiber user.

This. Some Image and Dynamite trades go for six or seven bucks in Amazon, and that's NEW. The last time I bought a Marlel trade, it was thinner than most of my trades and overpriced as shit.

You know, Marvel really deserves to collapse...

No, everyone deserves to be fired and these characters should be put in the hands of people who actually give a shit.

>Soon

It'll be the 90s all over again, only without the cool holofoil covers.

I'm still laughing at this one
>Release $10 Issue
>Release the trade of same arc that's literally just the issue
>$15
Why?