Justice League Cinematographer: Superman Black Suit Scenes Were Filmed

Justice League Cinematographer: Superman Black Suit Scenes Were Filmed

>Fabian Wagner, an accomplished cinematographer who shot some of the biggest episodes of Game of Thrones — both “Hardhome” and “Battle of the Bastards” — was tasked with bringing Zack Snyder’s vision for the DC superhero movie to life. In an email interview with Inverse, Wagner says scenes with Superman wearing his black suit were removed in the final cut.

>“There were [scenes shot],” Wagner said. “It’s a cool looking costume. Sadly, we didn’t see that either in the final cut.”

>In fact, Wagner says “quite a few scenes” didn’t make the theatrical release of Justice League, not just black and silver Superman. “Zack takes his time with telling the stories, and I’ve always liked that about his movies. There are a few scenes that I was very much looking forward to seeing which unfortunately got cut.”

inverse.com/article/39092-justice-league-superman-black-suit-deleted-scenes

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what the fuck is the point of the black suit

Spend 100m on reshoots turning your film into Marvel quipshit

End up losing 100m on the film

Poetry.

It's a reminiscence of his father's suit

Altered personality suffering death

but he was exactly the same after like 5 minutes

You mean the film? Yeah which is why it sucked. Death should have consequences. It's obvious they planned something more dramatic than what Whedon gave us.

so literally none of the superman footage after he leaves the farm is by Snyder?

No. Even the farm scene with "I'll take that as a yes" was awkwardly reshot into "death is itchy". This is such a monumtental tragedy for fans. Instead of a proper Superman we got another quiplord #85583 by Whedon. Disgusting.

Snyder's Superman was not proper either. It was too much like Doc Manhattan and the Injustice Superman. Also The Plutonian.

I would say more Ross than anything. Which is fine since that was always the best portrayal of Superman.

>Ross

Snyder's Superman is nothing like Ross.

the black suit was a kryptonian thing for them when they died. he was supposed to come back in it and kick the justice leagues ass in it.
he wore that suit for months to a year in the comics , along with a super mullet , while he recharged his powers

Thats what they fucking get for being bitches let JUST hope ben doesnt quit or atleast jake Gyllenhaal replaces him

Read Kingdom Come and Peace on Earth again. Fanboys would kill Snyder if he ever portrayed his Superman half as indecisive and troubled.

I hope Disney buys Warner Bros. and that Tsujihara fellow commits sudoku because he didn't get his bonus.

They should have let snyder finish his trlogy without interference . At least avoided the behind the scenes drama. Bringing hack whedon on was a mistake. They gave into the critics who complained BvS was too dark and edgy so they made justice league a marvel quip flick and they still complained.

getting rid of Snyder only caused more trouble than it was worth. Hack Whedon will never touch another dc movie. Batgirl is never gonna happen.

And i read those

Kingdom Come only worked because that aged Superman had been through a lot of shit. Lois got killed and he was rendered an anachronism by Magog. And despite all that, he still didn't do the kind of damage Snyderman did.

>Peace on Earth
Don't make me laugh. Snyderman isn't even anything like Supes in this comic

I could not agree more.

His power comes from the sun, the black suit helps him absorb the the suns energy faster making him stronger or some shit

I wonder how so-called Superman "fanboys" would react if Snyder portrayed Superman like this. These people upset about Snyder's portrayal know shit about comics.

that's fucking stupid it's capeshit

The Superman in Kingdom Come was about to crush a building on politicians before Batman stopped him. These bitch ass fanboys should read the comics they adore before pretending to be fans.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455
>One of the first things the studio floated was the possibility of pushing back the release date of the movie, but the Snyders decided against that. Warners also extended Snyder's first-look deal to give him time to work on other planned projects when he returns to work.
>Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”
But no Snyder is the victim as always.

>The Superman in Kingdom Come was about to crush a building on politicians before Batman stopped him.
It wasn't Batman that stopped him it was the old retired priest that was chosen to act as the Spectre's moral compass, and that was after those said same people dropped a fucking bomb that killed hundreds of heroes, including Captain Marvel who took the brunt of the bomb's blast instead of him.
Sounds like you're one of those pretenders by my reckoning

Fake and gay.

Lies. We know now Geoff Johns hired Whedon not Zack. He was probably just playing along per WB wishes.

Present evidence saying otherwise or shut the fuck up.

Pretty sure it was Superman realizing not all superheroes were wiped out. The intention was still there to fuck those humans up for nuking his crew.

>Pretty sure it was Superman realizing not all superheroes were wiped out.
Except that he would have killed them long before the heroes showed up at the UN building, IF NOT FOR THE PRIEST TALKING HIM DOWN
READ
THE
FUCKING
BOOK

Use Google, i didnt saved the article but basically every "Snyder was ok with everything, wait even better: he made up the whole plan!" is WB made up bullshit.

Ok so a priest stopped him. How does that remove Superman's original intention to fuck some human lives up? Guy was mad as fuck, it took divine intervention to change his mind and not fuck them up.

If Snyder showed Superman about to throw a building on people there would be riots on the streets by "fans" who will also urge WB to go down the MCU route.