Is this the best superhero cartoon not based on an established comic character...

Is this the best superhero cartoon not based on an established comic character? (referring to Terry and not the concept of batman of course)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE
youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's certainly up there. Most obvious other suggestions would be PPG or Kim Possible (though I guess there's some debate if she's a superhero there).

Yes.

>schway

if Batman counts as a superhero why wouldn't KP?

>Schwarbage

Anyone know where I could watch it? They removed it from netflix and I can't find a good place for it anywhere else.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE

It's still not the mature series adults have been looking for.

It's still capeshit for slightly older children. (despite this batman not wearing a cape)

>Twip

>Batman Beyond
>good
Nothing but uninspired retreads of classic Batman enemies ruined to match the setting, or Bruce becomes retarded so Terry has an opportunity to stop sucking just long enough to save the day.

name one villain who is neither directly inspired by the originals in-universe nor are the followers nor are the originals themselves who is a "uninspired retread"

>name no villains in this show

So who inspired Mad Stan, Spell Binder, Shreik, Inque, Curare, or Blight, for instance?

Is it better than the other animated batsman series, the one that came before this one?

I'm probably blinded by nostalgia, but it's my favorite superhero show behind the original TAS.

As someone who only watched it for the first time last year, I can say it's pretty damn good.
I've since watched through it twice more.

>superhero
More like super murder.

There was a minor bat rogue named the Spellbinder in the 40s, and Inque seemed like saboteur Clayface

Not that user, and i love Batman Betond, but I can see Inque being inspired by clayface.

Inque is best girl.

It is baby's first cyberpunk, but it's still a good show, especially Return of the Joker.

>It's still not the mature series adults have been looking for.
you've clearly never watched it.

It was more mature than it had any right to be. and I dont just mean because of it's 90's edge

>Return of the Joker
>Jokers autistic meltdown from Terry laughing at him
Good stuff

>Mad Stan was voiced by Henry Rollins

This made me so happy when I noticed this

>baby's first cyberpunk
Both then and now, that honor goes to TMNT.

Season one was good because of the overall Blight story line. The movie was good because of The Joker. After Blight died it was just a bunch of episodes that lead to nowhere. They weren't shit per say, I'm just watched them at a higher then normal speed. To get them done quicker.

Blight really should have turned up more.
Could have easily been Terry's Joker.

>I'm just here to shitpost
Come back after you've watched the show.

Some people argue spy/mercenary over superhero

Aside from the different powers, methods, personality, and everything that makes a character a character. She has more to do with Metamorpho than Clayface, if you ask me.

>TFW Nearly quads

better? Noop. Equal? Arguable. One is Noir, the other is Cyberpunk, and both are fantastic.

Reminded me of Joker meets metallo, really.

I saw him as Kryptonite man meets Green Goblin.

People are quick to pull the "blinded by nostalgia" card whenever someone discusses TAS.
It actually holds up extremely well. Even if every episode doesn't quite work.
I rewatched it all recently and it was remarkably great.

I wouldn't even call them "equal", Beyond was really more like "better than it could have been" but it still wasn't quite on TAS's level. As other anons have said, it had some good potential that never got properly tapped.

I think the lack of variety in the soundtrack hurt Beyond especially. B:TAS had a different motif for every damned villain, on top of some episodes having their own musical theme to set the mood. Beyond was all just the same wailing guitars every time there was action.

More like; idiots are quick to pull the "blinded by nostalgia" card whenever someone discusses anything from 5-10+ years that they happen to not like.

I liked Earthmover. Radioactive semi-undead dad long-buried, lashing out against his family that's moved on.

This

Hell her base design is perfect, being amorphous is just a bonus

It was Spider-Man with 90s edge. Get the nostalgia goggles off, Timmfags

What would Terry be without the suit and title though? Nothing.

>cyberpunk
>TMNT
It has it sometimes, yeah, but hardly the word used to describe TMNT. Reboot was the cyberpunk show of the era, bar none.

I agree, Beyond was a superhero cartoon, BTAS was that plus with loads more artistic vision.

>Blight
>Spellbinder
>Armory
>Shriek
God I fucking loved Terry's villains

that can't count since it relies so heavily on established batman

>If Superman counts as a superhero why doesn't the guy from Stranger In A Strange Land?

Good taste

Justice League Unlimited Season 2 Episode 13: Epilogue

youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI

The Joker movie was GOAT, Terry reading Joker like a book, and in a way that felt true to both their characters, was honestly the highlight of the Batman animated universe. Either that, or Joker getting shot in the chest with his BANG! gun and going "That's not funny..."

I just wish the comics could do Terry justice.

>it's pretty cool that MC isn't related to BW
>he's actually his son because cum hijack

Animetoon.com works for me